Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

From the fires of hate. (Angel and Distain)

Her eyes widened at the thought of sleeping witht a perverted horse, but she couldn't help but chuckle at the scene. "Oh my. I'm sorry my lor-... Thanos. I was just trying to be respectful. You saved me and I wasn't sure what to call you." She smiled weakly, looking down at her stew, taking a few more sips before she took a bit larger sip of the wine. "Mmmm." She licked her lips as the weak alcohol tingled her lips and tongue. She liked regular wine better than most fine ones. It was sweeter. Much better than the dry and bitter types. Then again she always liked things that had more of sweet taste than anything else. Her stew seemed to have almost disappeared before her. She must have like it a lot to have at so much of it already.

She took another sip of her wine as he did, listening to his next words carefully. "Well, you already know the head of the group. His name is Loralon Timijin. The two boys who were holding me against the tree were his best friends... Vedvedisca Canaradon and Wellerane Griffontame. The other girls I'm not to sure about." She continued sipping her stew before the bowl was empty. She sat back sighing happily. "That was delicious. Thank you again."

"I was correct in my assumption those names have all been in this town for a long long time. I am certain that there mothers if not there grandmothers where in that temple long ago. I shall go speak to their fathers in the morning to discuss there sons behavior. I do not like them abusing members of my kind for no reason. Especially when that member is more elf then Drow. " He did not say the last part in a condescending way just stating the facts. He though she was a very nice very lovely woman he just wished her parents had taught her about her kind.

"There is plenty of stew available in the kitchen if you would like some more. It will most likely just go to waist if not eaten. " He spoke softly as he continued to nibble at the bowl of stew and sip at the wine. He had grown over the years to prefer ale to wine but he found that wine traveled and stored far far better. So that is what he kept in the places he lived in from time to time.

She sighed lightly about how he would go and talk to their elders. "I'm used to it. I think they're just scared... or maybe some even jealous of me. They're not used to our kind being anywhere around their parts, so they don't know how to accept me. None of the other times has been as bad as this attack though..." She scraped her spoon at the bottom of the empty bowl, before pushing it away. "No, I'm not hungry anymore. But thank you. It was delicious." She offered a small smile before she got up from the table.

She made her way over to the bedroom, lying down on the bed of furs he had laid out for her. She moaned gently, feeling the soft texture against her skin.

"I have a strange feeling if i am not around the next time it could be even worse. I did not like the look in those eyes I have seen it before many times. " He took a deep breath not liking the though that he was having about what those men where up to. He wished for a moment he would have killed them just to save himself the trouble of dealing with there families.

He finished his meal and his wine corking the bottle. With a soft groan he pushed himself back up he had been on his feet all day to get into the elven town. He moved over to the bed taking off his boots and crawling onto the much smaller pile of furs leaving her to have the larger. "Sleep well, and fear nothing I will be here to protect you threw the night. You will be safe. " He spoke softly looking at her before rolling over facing away from her closing his eyes to go to sleep.

She smiled gently and nodded. "Thank you... Thanos." She rolled over onto the furs more comfortably and laid there. It was rather hard for her to fall asleep as her head was swimming with thoughts. She was more than tempted to ask him if she could sleep with him, for she was used to having something to cuddle with, but she refrained. It would have been very inappropriate. She sighed gently, her eyes still open, wide awake with her thoughts keeping her up.

[Ack! Short.]

Thanos slept like he always had like a rock never moving barely making a noise. He was incredably comfortable and he felt safe in this cave he had never had anything larger then a rabbit come inside. The next morning he woke early as he always did and went over to the kitchen to make breakfast. Pulling the last of his eggs from there storage area and some more meat. Frying the meat making steak and eggs, while it was cooking he looked hoping he had some more tea and bread. He let out a soft sigh as he had neither water or wine with breakfast was all he would have today.

He sat there finishing breakfast it was not much and looked rather plain with just the cup of water and the tiny bit on the plate. He dug around for some fruit finding a couple hand fulls of berries he placed them on the plate and smiled much better now they could have something sweat. Even if it was just a couple strawberries and some blue berries each it was better then nothing. He smiled taking the plate putting them on a tray and taking them over to her bed. Once there he put his hand on her back lightly rubbing the small of her back. "Good morning breakfast is ready. " He said in a soft comforting tone figuring she probably felt a bit out of place in his bed.

She rubbed her eyes lightly and sat up, her eyes half liddeed as she tried to gather what was going on around her, seeing as she just woke up. "Wha?" She saw the tray before her and looked over the food. "Mmmm. Smells yummy." She smiled lightly, her stomach growling loudly as the smell filled her nose. She began eating the food, not ready to fully get up. But she was flattered that he had made her breakfast in bed, a light tint of pink on her cheeks showing it. "Thank you, Thanos." She siled again before continuing to eat her food.

"Your welcome i figured it would be rude to allow you to spend the night and not give your breakfast. " He smiled and walked over to a large chair across the room and sat down to eat himself. He sighed happily watching her when ever he could with out her seeing him. He smiled looking at her noticing the rose shade in her cheeks he could not figure out exactly why. He had to admit that she was very pretty but he was not certain how he felt about her, being basicly elven made him very hesitant even if she did not realize who he was.

A few moments had passed and she finished the meal he had made for her, smiling lightly and sighing happily. "Ah, that was delicious! Thank you." She stood up, carrying her dish and utensils over to their rightful place. She turned back to face him, making her way over to where he was sitting in a chair. She sat before him on the floor, folding her arms along his knees and lowered her head upon them. "Are we going back to the village today? Or shall we wait?" She sounded sort of down for the first part of the sentence, but once she stated waiting, her tone picked up a little more, indicating subtly that she wanted to stay. In her mind, she was better off away from there. It would bring her family a lot less trouble if she didn't go back. Without her there, the village could be peaceful, and everyone else would get along.

Thanos smiled when she complimented his cooking watching her as she moved to take plates to the kitchen. Once she moved over to stand in front of him he tightened up a bit seeming nervous he was not used to having a woman this close. He looked down into her eyes as she spoke he almost seemed trapped by them he was not sure that if he wanted to he could look away but he knew he did not want to.

"It sounds to me like you would rather stay here though I am not certain why. I can not say that i would mind spending a bit more time with you I just would like to know why you want to spend more time with me?" He continued to stare into her eyes before reaching out with his left, nonmetallic hand running his fingers threw her hair pushing a stray strand behind her ear. He smiled it was nice to touch her to feel someone this close when they did not have a weapon.

She blushed gently, her eyes closing as his fingers moved about her hair. A gentle sigh, almost inaudiable slipped her lips as her head leaned further into, almost pressing into his hand. She could feel it. That warm and fuzzy feeling you would get in your stomach whenever you were nervous or... around someone you liked. She tried to ignore it for now, though her finger nails dragged across his leg as she pulled her fingers into a small fist. Her eyes opened once more. Her neon blue eyes looking up into his, offering a smile.

She thought about her response carefully, her eyes seeming to trail away in thought. Though when the answer came to her, her eyes snapped back to his with a gentle look on her face. "I feel comfortable here. I mean... aside from my family, you're the only one who's ever been so kind to me and even more than I've been taught to deserve. How could I not want to stay?" She chuckled lightly to herself. "Not that I want you to spoil me or anything. But I like you, a lot." She smiled again, her eyes trailing off to the side of him as she said that. Nervous mostly about what his response would be.

He smiled with out thinking his cold silver hand touching her cheek running its chill thumb along her cheek. His eyes still trapped by her's no that he would look away of his own will any time soon anyways. "I am not quite certain how to react to that, I have not heard another Drow say those words in so long. I have not heard a woman say them in even longer, thank you for your affection. " His eyes fell to her little fists wondering why she was balling her hands thinking she did not like his touch he recoiled his hands placing them nervously on the arm rests.

He continued to watch her eyes biting his blip lightly but barely noticeable taking a deep breath. "Wont your family be worried about you? I mean you have already been gone for over night with no word. Anyone who saw you will say a drow walked off with you I know how there minds work they will try to play me off as a villain and kidnapper.

Feeling his cold hand leave her cheek, she whine gently, reaching for his hand and putting it back to her cheek. The cold metal limb felt nice against her hot skin. She closed her eye and nuzzled it lightly. "You're right... but I don't wanna stay there..." Her voice was soft as she spoke, almost as if she was weak to his touch. Her eyes didn't open for a second, she just enjoyed his caress on her face. She could feel her mind going fuzzy and her heart fluttering in her chest.

A thought crossed her mind and her eyes snapped open to look up into his once more. "Can you convince them to let me stay with you? I don't want to go back to that type of environment. I feel... comfortable here." Her eyes trailed away as a soft smile crept onto her features.

"I don't live here ... this is just a place i stay are you certain you want to spend your life traveling? " He looked at her curiously he wanted to tell her no but something was not allowing him to do so. He liked the way she reacted to his touch it was a strange but delightful feeling having a woman eager to be held by him."Why do you want to be with me anyways?" He spoke softly moving to stand up walking away from her slowly.

Once he was standing he moved over to where he had piled his armor and began slipping it on. "If you can give me a valid reason why you want to be with me then i will go talk to your family. As well as the others i was going to talk to. Otherwise i need you to come with me either way i think it would be best if you did. "

Traveling? Why not? If it kept her away from the prejudice that was the village she lived in, fine. She didn't care where she was. She bither bottom lip, pressing his metallic fingers against her skin more, before he got up. She stood up, watching him as he spoke. She sighed lightly, her mind trailing over all the reasons. Most she wasn't ready to admit. She moved to the room, grabbing her vibrantly blue dress robes and slipping them on as he got dressed as well.

Hearing his words made her think carefully about how she was going to chose her next words carefully. Fully dressed, she made her way over to him, standing behind him as her arms draped around his neck. She stood on her tip toes so that she would put any pressure on his throat. "Because of how you treat me... accept me for who and what I am... and the way you make me feel with something as simple as a gentle caress." She slipped from behind him, standing comfortably, her hands clasped together. "More logical reasons... you can teach me everything I've been denied of learning. Show me who I really am and free me of the abuse I get from a daily life in that village." It was obvious tears filled her eyes, but she dare not let them fall. Though she played dumb, it was obvious what those boys' intentions were for her. And not even the Silvanesti girls cared about what they were going to do.

He took a deep breath and put his flesh and on her cheek before leaning in and kissing her cheek. "I promise as long as i breath no one will ever harm you or treat you like that ever again. " He smiled before stepping back as he slipped his weapons on over his shoulders. Once that was done he moved to the entrance of the cave and gave a loud pained groan as he pushed on the rock that had protected them threw the night. His voice ringing threw the cave as he again spoke in their native tongue.

The large black horse whinnied and bit the what looked like a handle on top of his saddle lifting it up he carried his barding from the cave. "Come my dear this way you will not have to crawl out of the cave. " He smiled looking at her he could not help but feel she looked incredibly beautiful and he realized he wanted her to come with him.

She smiled brightly and ran over to him, making her way through the cave's entrance. She giggled at his comment and stood beside him while he readied his mare. Her stomach was churning from the thought of them going home, but she knew he was right in talking to them. Her parents, most were understandable so, she knew they wouldn't be a problem. They never babied her just so that they could make her tough, which she believed she was... but because of them.

He pushed the large rock back in front of the entrance closing it from view of anyone not knowing it was there. He turned and dropped to a knee to help her up onto the horse he was pretty sure she would not need it but would offer none the less. "You can have the horse malady. " He smiled looking up into her eyes knowing she would not like that but he thought it was cute. His eyes struggled not to run over her form and did eventually fail and take a darting glance over her body.

She has to be the most beautiful woman i have ever seen. He took a deep breath closing his eyes to keep them from roving her body more. He did not want her to think him lude or wonder just what he was thinking about. He was certain she had seen his eyes exploring her from and that embarrassed him he was not sued to having a woman this close.

She accepted his help up with a playful chuckle and shook her head. "If I cannot call you m'lord, you most definitely cannot call me malady." She giggled again and offered her hand. "A steed like this can hold a few more pounds other than yours. He's very strong." She smiled lightly, looking down into his eyes as she did so. Just his whole gentleman like demeanor made her blush. She was never used to a man being so kind to her... ever.

She caught him. Watching his eyes quickly skim over her body and all of a sudden his rugged and gentleman appearance slipped past her. She blushed gently, but she couldn't help but to smile. She was rather flattered, and she was mature enough to be comfortable with the situation. Truth be told she looked at him too, and found herself hopelessly attracted to the Drow.

He could not help but feel an incredibly attraction to her she was so beautiful and a perfect cross between what he had become to expect and what he originally knew. He smiled watching her eyes as she offered her hand he reached up taking it. He smiled pressing his lips to the back of her hand smiling brightly. "I did not mean to call you malady. I meant to call you MY lady. " He winked at her playfully before taking the reigns and leading her and leading her threw the woods.

"I think it would be best at least for now if i simply lead the horse I would not want your father or mother getting any wrong ideas about what happened last night. He looked at her taking a deep breath as he walked down the trail leading the horse his mind wandering as to how he was going to handle having her around.

She smiled and blushed at his comment about her being his lady. She couldn't help but feel giddy about the fact. She was strangely attracted to him and to hear him say that made her heart flutter in her chest, but she didn't comment on it.

Hearing his next words made her grin a sarcastic grin. "What? Are you afraid of what they would do to you if they thought that we slept together?" She chuckled softly. The thought was more than amusing. Not of him however. Their thoughts on her. It would be something that they would haver never expected.

He walked quickly his long confidant stride allowing the horse to walk nearly at full speed. He moved carefully but confidently each step as sure in footing as one taken on the inside of his cave. It was not to long before they reached town and were greeted with strange looks and cold stares. He ignored them and simply walked her along the quietest streets to the far end of town.

"Well from the distance you said you needed to travel i am guessing this is the general area. How do i get to your home from here. " He chuckled looking up at her then followed her directions in taking her home. Once they reached her home he tied the horse up and reached up offering her his hand to help her down.

She accepted his hand gratefully and slipped from the beautiful mare. She turned to the fabulous steed and petted his neck lightly before he gave a small whinny. She quickly backed away before he could continue to prove his pervy reputation and followed directly behind Thanos to the house. She cleared her throat eying him sternly before he would step in to the house. "I think it'll be best if I entered first." She offered a reassuring smile before the back of her hand pressed against his stomach as to persuade him to step back and let her pass.

As he did so she moved to the door and opened it, stepping inside and inviting him in right after her. As they stepped in, her mother exclaimed in excited tears of joy. Running up to her and throwing her arms around her. The father however stood back, looking over the much more darker Drow male standing behind her. Seeing their supposed "daughter" beside them was very contradictory. Her tinted skin compared to theirs of ivory and pale green eyes compared to hers of vibrant blue rose questions all the time as to how they could treat her as if she were no different from them.

Thanos stood back allowing her to enter first following standing just to the side of the door silently. His eyes glanced at the mother as she ran over holding the young girl close. His suspicious eyes then fell to the father as he looked back at her. He could tell with a glance that something was off about his feelings for his daughter. He did not like that it made him feel slightly annoyed the way he looked at the young girl.

He slowly walked over to him offering his metal hand now gloved to mask its difference from him. "Hello sir, your daughter encountered some of the towns rougher young men. She is fine though I scared them away and took her to my home for the night as it was getting dark and she was still to far away to make it home before it got to late. "

She smiled lightly as her mother smothered her in kisses and held her tightly. Just as quickly her father came over, wrapping his arms around the young girl in a tight embrace. She sighed happily and smiled, looking up at her father. "We were so worried about you. What happened?"

But before she could answer, he stepped in to explain the story. He accepted his hand a shook it firmly. "Thank you... Thanos am I correct?" A slight pause was given for him to answer but just as quickly as he would answer, her father continued. "It's not easy for her here. They mock and tease her just because she's not like everyone else. I'm grateful you were there to protect her." His father offered a gentle smirk before her mother came over, hugging Thanos in histerics. "Yes! Thank you so much for taking care of my baby!"

Back
Top Bottom