Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

From the fires of hate. (Angel and Distain)

Distain2003

Pulsar
DrizztDoUrden.jpg

It was 500 years ago to the day when Thanos died.

Well the first time, 500 years ago nearly to the hour directly where he was currently standing he died. The temple to the High Elven god Elune on the front stairs standing in front of dozens of Elven women and children he fought. He to this day was not sure why he did it, everything in his life told him to kill those people but he could not do it. Instead he turned on his friends, his family, his fellow Drow.

He was their most promising young soldier, many thought he would one day hold the highest rank a male could have, general. Many thought the Queen would take a liking to him eventually and make him a king. That all changed with a few swings of his sword. He killed over 100 young Dow that day with the help of the few Elven men that where there. Once he reached his commander though he found his match and more. They battled on these steps for several minuets before Thanos made a fatal error. He over shot a swing and left his back completely exposed.

Standing there his hand running over his shoulder he is still amazed by that blow. Entering his shoulder about 2 inches from his neck and leaving the same distance under his chest. Seven bones the blade went threw and never once even slowed. His sword arm gone along with several parts of his body he fell and began to stain the now pure white marble with his blood. Even as he lay there dieing he marveled at how he never felt the blade. It was easily the sharpest thing he had ever laid eyes on.

Elune greeted him not long after his death thanking him for saving her temple and those worshiping inside. As a gift of gratitude she brought him back to life, and returned to him an arm. His new arm how ever was not made of flesh she could not return that to him instead it was made of solid silver. It was easily stronger then that of 3 men and many times had crushed the handle of his sword when he lost his temper. As he stood there in his mind 500 years after the day he should have died he still was angry for his gift. "Eternal natural life and this arm? A gift? " He whispered to himself as the elves began to cast strange glances at him. It was growing dark and they did not wish a Drow in their temple after dark.

"You can refuse a gift. " With those angry words he turned and walked down the 3 stories worth of stairs. The notoriously long elven memories had faded and now only a select few who had a loved one die or be saved on that day remembered him. It was because of those people that he was allowed to continue his ritual of visiting the site every year. With out them and their mandate that he be allowed entry and access to anything in the city he would be shot at the gate.

Allowed access was required but fair treatment was not. He would, if he ever bought anything be charged 10 times as much. That was far better then what would happen if a Drow ever even saw him. Their memories had not faded not at all. They still remembered the day that the hand of the elven god entered a Drow and slew so many of their kin. He would forever be hated in his home his family long dead in retaliation for his crime.

As Thanos left the city he turned and went to where he had been staying the last few days. It was not much just a small cave a few miles from the city. It was just large enough to house himself his horse and his things behind a large rock. He had grown used to sleeping hidden away as there was not one race on earth that would accept a Drow that would accept this Drow. He walked silently threw the woods not watching where he was going allowing his memory of the path threw the woods and his ears to guide him. He had not been attacked on this path in years the Drow rarely came this close to the city, and at night the elves never left.

Dark_Night_Elf_by_roxaralu.jpg

Iraelia. A very young Drow compared to many... or so she was told. Though like many other Drow families, she was raised completely different.

In fact it had came to be known that she wasn't raised by any sort of her own kind. She was raised by Silvanesti elves. Something along the lines of high elves of Krynn. But she paid no mind to their rank. Her... parents as it were, were very kind, loving, and treated her no different than their very own.

Despite their kindness, she wasn't truly accepted by the other fair skinned, hazel eyed Silvanesti. The mocked Iraelia's dark skin, bright colored hair, and vibrant eyes. They teased her foreign name, though elven it was nothing compared to their most high ranked names. Most of the men especially loved to poke fun at her. Saying how they were the more dominant, and that they'd be able to handle her as a Drow any day. However, she paid no mind to their vulgar remarks.

Overall, it was merely just good fun for them and a small annoyance for Iraelia. Though she never really thrived on their stupid actions towards her. It never left her in any true danger. That is, until this night.

Riding on her beautiful chestnut brown mare with a black mane and tail, coming from the temple and heading home through the woods. She took the trail many times, never crossing the path of anyone else before. However, she was stopped by a small group of the Silvanesti. All on their bright white horses with their blond and light brown hair tied back or up. A few dismounted their mares and advanced on her. "You don't belong here!" "Cave dweller!" "Midnight scum!" They circled her and her mare, continuing to tease and jerk towards her. Finally her mare gave in, bucking Iraelia off and taking off in away from them. As she fell, a few Silvanesti men grabbed her and held her up against a tree forcefully while a the women sat back watching and laughing.

Thanos was walking a small deer trail just away from the small path threw the woods. He was growing hungry he had not ate more than a small biscuit since he left his cave this morning. He began looking around more watchfully as he walked hoping to find some wild edibles amongst the under brush. His movements where always stealthy as he had learned long ago its best to make no noise when it can be avoided.

He heard the horse coming down the path long before he saw it. The hooved feet making quite the racket in the under brush. He paused though when he heard the group of elves in the woods getting ready for their ambush. Quietly he knelt down wondering if they where just playing a prank on a friend. The last thing he needed tonight was a confrontation let alone one with a pack of ill meaning elves.

He watched as they confrontation unfolded, the girl falling from her horse. A drow? What was a Drow doing out here... well another drow. He snarled silently at the insults he hated the way elves stumbled around them. He slowly moved from the brush and into the path behind the group. "I would suggest you put the lady down. But then it has been a long time sense an elf had the common sense to do as they where told. " His hands slipped under his cloak and the faint sound of metal sliding along metal filled the night air. "So i will warn you instead. Leave the drow to her own devises or you will lose the limbs you use to detain her. " His blade became visible glinting in the moons light as he slipped slowly between the women and towards the men he saw as a threat.

One of the male elves chuckled, letting go of the girl, letting his comrade hold her down. The Silvanesti eyed him over once, already knowing who he was. "You should know all about not following orders Thanos. I mean... isn't that why you can't stay anywhere near a Drow, or rather... any elven society?" Another cocky chuckle slipped past his pink lips. Slowly he unsheathed his sword, the metal of the blade singing beautifully as it was being drawn. Gold embedded hilt with pure elven forged metal folded to the tee for a very nice blade.

"You're clearly out numbered, friend. Besides. Why would you wanna save her huh?!" He ran over to Iraelia, grabbing her jaw forcefully in his grasp, forcing her to look forward at Thanos. Slowly he slid his long tongue across her jaw-line, making her squeal and tried to jerk away. "It's not like she'd be any different than any other Drow you come across." His eyes narrowed toward Thanos, leaving the girl struggling within the arms of his comrades. "You should just get outta here."

Thanos glared at the boy as he taunted him such and arrogant boy. When he acuasted the Drow he could feel his self control leaking away he wanted so badly to slaughter this rabble for trying his patience. "A fine blade you have there boy. " He glanced over it a few times seeing the mark of the craftsman just above the hilt. "Timijin is a fine ELVEN blade smith. Unfortunately he wont allow me to purchase his wears. "

He stepped slowly closer allowing the men who had not gripped the girl to surround him. It would make them over confident should the decide to attack as well. " You know your history though it would seem not as well as you should. If you had any real understanding of that battle you would know that i can not abide the harm of a woman. You would also know that I slew more Drow soldiers in an hour then your men did in a week. "

Thanos moved as quick as the wind lunging forward his silver arm driving his blade towards that of the elves. A loud shriek filled the are as Thanos's blade met the Elves' and slid clean threw with out pause. As the blade of the now ruined sword fell to the ground Thanos smirked. "You really should try the craftsmen named Undarfout! Dwarven steel makes short work of elven art. " He held his blades ready for any retaliation though he figured a ruined blade would scare most of them away.

As the top half of the blade fell, his eyes widened, his wielding arm shaking intensely. His breathes became short and frightened as his beautiful blade was destroyed. "How did you-... What-?!" His comrades let Iraelia go and scurried off to their mares and their women, hopping on them quickly and taking off towards the city. "Where are you going?! You cowards! Get back here!" He growled lightly, looking back at Iraelia with a glint in his eyes. "I'm not done with you, princess. Your knight in shining armor won't be here forever." It was a clear stab at his right arm, but it was obvious he wasn't going to continue to stab at Thanos while his sword was decapitated. Slowly he walked away from them, mounting his mare and heading after the rest of his group.

Slowly Iraelia stood up and dusted off her robes, rubbing her wrists lightly. They were red and irritated from their hold on her. Slowly she lifted her head, finally making eye contact her with savior. She was taken back for a moment as she looked over the legend. She was both frightened and very thankful. "Thank you so much." She bowed slowly, holding her pose until he would dismiss it. She definitely didn't act like a normal Drow. Showing so much respect for male, even bowing before him out of gratitude.

Thanos looked at him smirking as the boy walked away. He moved quickly to grip the blade in his right hand and buried it nearly completely in a near by tree. "I don't need to stay around for ever remember boy. Not everyone can rise from the dead. " He smirked as he pushed the blade the rest of the way into the tree. They would not be able to repair it any time soon even if they could find the tree he hid it in.

He turned to the woman who was now standing before him. Was she really bowing to him? And why did she allow those boys to accost her. "What are you doing stand up have some pride in who you are. " He looked at her confused in all his life he had never seen a Drow female do anything but yell at him. Or at the very best order him to her home for a thank you.

He stared at her confused for a long time before slipping his blades back into their scabbards. "You should be safe to go home. I doubt they will bother you as long as they think i am in these woods. I shall see what i can do about that young man in the morning. From the cost of that blade i can guess who his father is. I am fairly certain that boy owes me his life.

Hearing his words she stood up quickly, though her eyebrows were furrowed in a confused manner. "I'm sorry. But pride in who I am?" She followed close behind him, stopping short as he turned to continue talking to her about her safe passage home. "My mare took off and my home isn't for another 5 miles..." Her expression showed major discourage as she followed him. Her fingers were laced before her torso and she seemed to be very self kept and almost shy.

She looked up, seeing the once bright sky turned into a dark blue with small traces of peeking stars coming out. She sighed lightly, feeling tired from the late hours coming upon them, This was also another odd trait for Drows. They were nocturnal elves and were at their strongest when the sun was down. Listening carefully to his words about the boy, she quickly jumped in. "Please don't hurt him! His parents will shun my family..." Her head lowered gently as she thought about their high rank in society. Her, alone was an endangerment to what happened to her family.

"Your a Drow act like one be proud of who you are. "He glanced at her as she spoke of being shunned something he knew far to well. "You live here? With your family? " He did not think any Drow other then himself lived outside of their subterranean home. "I suppose if you promise to return him you can barrow my horse. And if your really worried about it i wont kill him... Though i will have a discussion about it with his father. "

He stopped turning to face her this shy self conscious girl was really a Drow? How did she come to live in this town he almost needed to know. He made up his mind and decided he would know."I can take you home if you wish. That is if you do not mind being seen with a butcher. " He knew full well the title the actions on the temple steps had earned him and he begrudgingly accepted it. He stopped he needed to decide right now if he was taking her to his hidden cave or if he would bring her the horse here.

"How do I exactly act like one?" Her brow quirked gently as she followed behind him, but she was cut off by his next question. "Y-yes. My parents are Silvanesti elves as well. They found me when I was just an infant... 128 years ago." She was barely an adult in the eyes of elves, but she definitely acted like one. Much more mature and wise than those men that seemed to have ambushed her. "They love me dearly... but many don't like them for taking in a Drow child. They allow me to live with them in as much peace as possible. I can't really do anything drastic or, they'll kick me out and maybe even my parents... I can't risk causing trouble... even with the Timijin boys." The name rang a small memory in the back of her mind. "How did you know who their father was, sir?"

Ending up right behind him her arms were crossed upon her chest and her left brow was quirked gently. Her long light blue hair showered around her, hair that matched her eyes perfectly. The tips of her ears were a bit rounded, more than a normal Drow, and her hair was colored as well, not pure white or any natural color like many elves had. There was much she didn't know about herself...

"A butcher? I don't see you as such. But if you don't mind I'd rather not travel anymore for the night. It's late and I'm very weary." Her eyes were soft, almost pleading for a place to stay for the night.

"Drow women are strong, dominant, proud. " He spoke like a mother would her child he had always felt that it was the Drow men that allowed their women to be so strong. Though that may have just been him trying to give himself some inflated sense of self worth. He glanced at her as she spoke of her elves rather surprised an would care for a Drow. "Perhaps i will show you the way's of our kind if i am in the area longer.

"Timijin makes a quality blade and he marks them with his crest just above the hilt. I was not certain he was the mans son but with a blade like that i knew they were relation. " He took a long slow breath before turning and heading into the woods towards his cave. He lead her slowly threw the woods before arriving at a massive bolder leaning against the wall.

"Are you opposed to crawling in? " He spoke dropping down slipping into a crack between the rock and the wall. "I have some spare bedding your welcome to it if you wish to stay the night here. " He called from inside the cave as he dug around his bags for the bedding.

"Dominant?" The word was but a whisper on her lips. She knew she was strong and proud but dominant? The word dominant left an odd feeling within her but she dismissed it. The men were always dominant in the culture she was raised with, and she doubted that she could change the way she's lived for 128 years. But the fact that he offered to try and show her made her very interested and appreciative.

Listening to him talking about Timijin made her wonder how old he was. Timijin was ancient and his work was well known around their area, but she didn't know it was known outside of it. She was shocked of how much he knew about Timijin. She could hear the sarcasm in his voice about crawling, but it actually made her laugh a bit. "No. I'm not. I'm not afraid to get a little dirty. I only dress like this to please the parents. They want me to be such a lady and no playing outside with boys or anything like that." She chuckled again, slipping to her knees as she made her way through the crack and into his cave just behind him.

"Wow!" She was amazed by the size of the place. It wasn't anything like she expected. Having to crawl through such a small crack but have all this space on the other side. "It's so cool!" She looked around, her eyes wide and her mouth agape in awe of her surroundings.

The chamber inside the cave was large and broken into 3 small chambers. One he had made into a small stable for his horse that was as black as his skin. The other seemed more home like and had a small kitchen and seating area around a fire pit. The other was very clearly a bedroom with dozens of furs piled knee high and wide enjoy for 3 people with the top being the softest bear skin either had ever felt. "I can cook something if you would like? Other wise you may have the bed to rest on. " He moved into the bedroom area and began pulling more furs from a small crevice in the wall.

When he was done it was only ankle high but it was still quite comfortable and large enough for himself. Once he had finished his task of making the bed he moved over to his dresser his back to the young woman he began unbuckling the straps of his armor. It took him nearly 5 minuets but he had finally readied it all to be removed. Slowly he pulled the chest plate off leaving him in only a light tank top. He had not thought about her being able to see the entirety of his silver appendage with his under shirt on.

Iraelia was in utter awe. She made her way quickly over to his mare. It was magnificent a creature indeed. His fur so dark and shiny with a luscious coat. "You have a very beautiful horse? Boy or girl?" She stroked the creatures nose gently, making sure it saw her at all times so that it wouldn't be frightened. Moving in closer she stroked the side of it's neck, and feeling for it's main. "How do you keep it so well groomed my lord?" She knelt down slowly, still in tempts not to frighten the beautiful mare. She looked over it's hooves. They were well cut and the shoes were well placed as well.

Hearing his answer she continued on to the next room. A room full of furs, stock piled on one another. "Oh my." She laid upon the bed he had made for her, moaning gently as her skin met with the soft and luscious fur. "This is so much better than the beds we have." She rolled over onto her back, her arms outstretched to either side of her, her fingers running over the furs as she laid upon them. "Mmmm." She forced herself to sit up, before she let the furs take her to slumber. "Dinner would be delightful my lord. Thank you."

"He is a boy and i would be carefully he tends to be a bit friendly with beautiful women. I take him to a stable ever other day to keep him clean and taken care of." His warning came to late though fortunately for her she was quick and her dress was thick. As she turned the horse leaned down and nipped at her bottom his lips barely catching her skirt giving it a barely noticeable tug.

He nodded at her comments of the comfort of the bed he enjoyed it as well. The delightful combination of firm but soft. He finished undressing removing his armored leather pants now standing in just light pants and a tank top. It had been years sense he had been in the company of a honorable woman. Typical the ladies that shared his bed where neither nice nor honorable. "I will warn you I am not Elven chief but i will do what i can. " He went into the kitchen and lit a fire in the stove then set to preparing the vegetables for a stew.

"I doubt your cooking could be worse than my pa's." She chuckled softly, making her way away from the comfortable furs. Slowly she undid the strings that held her overcoat to her dress, as well as her corset. Gasping strongly as the corset released her, she put them in a neat pile in a corner of the room. Now all the sparkles and royal blue were one from her figure. Just a plain white under dress that accented her dark skin. She took the pins that held up her light blue hair out and untied the headband that covered one eye. She left her jewelery on and the accent make up on her face. Only because wasn't exactly sure how to take it off at the moment.

After she was done, she made her way to the kitchen, standing slightly behind Thanos, off to the side resting against a wall as she watched him prepare the food. Her eyes fell upon his right arm, her curiosity fuming inside her. "What exactly happened?" Her eyes were showing pure curiosity. He may have found it strange she hadn't heard about him too much. Then again, not surprised with how she's been anyway.

Thanos set water on to boil and pulled a small slab of venison from a small cabinet . It had been cured and readied to make into a stew. His jaw set on edge as she asked about his arm he hated recalling that day. "I died on the steps of your temple 500 years ago today. Your god saw may sacrifice and brought me back to life. Making it so i would never age, and returning me an arm. " He raised the silver limb and twisted it and rolled his fingers. The silver mimicked a humans showing the bones and muscles that it would need to move in that way.

He put the food into the water and gave it a gentle stir before backing away to let it cook. He turned to face her seeing she had changed he admired her beauty she was a very lovely girl. "That should not need long. " He moved slowly away from her after adding a few herbs and spices. He needed to go say hello to his horse. He moved over to the horses stable and stood next to him patting his side speaking softly in a dark sounding tongue to him.

She watched his expression. He didn't seem too happy about discussing it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" She lowered her head gently, and he quickly changed the subject to the food. She nodded softly and watched as he left the kitchen to his mare. She watched carefully, following behind him but stopped at the arch way. Hearing the words he was whispering was mesmerizing. It put her in some sort of a trance. It was like a drug that was effecting her through his words alone. Her eyes closed, continuing to listen. "What is that-" Her head drooped gently, his words still lingering in her ear. Her breathing grew heavy, but as his words subsided so did the effects they had on her.

Slowly her eyes opened and she shook her head. "How did you-?" Her facial expression showed confusion and questioning.

He smiled as the horse moved over next to her slowly leaning in and nipping her bum lightly. Only to get a firm swat on the side from Thanos the dark words he spoke now a bit angrier as he glared at the mount. "I am very sorry he is very forward and very friendly he thinks your pretty. " He pushed the large beast back into the stable and stood between them his back to the horse who head butted him lightly angry about his fun being taken away.

"It was our language a soft song my mother used to sing to me when i would return home. Saying that i would always be safe with her. I sing it to my horse to tell him i will protect him forever. Even if he is a pervert!" He moved slowly away from the horse taking her arm pulling her slowly away so as she would not get molested again.

She squealed lightly, jumping up a bit. Despite her deep, dark skin, the blush on her cheeks definitely showed through. Hearing his words made her chuckle softly. "That's quite alright. I've never known a horse with such a personality." As he mentioned that the mare thought she was pretty. She had never gotten such compliments before, and it only made her blush more. "Wow. I think I have a new best friend." She chuckled again, winking at the mare before following Thanos away from the stall, giggling at the headbutt.

She listened to the history of the language he was speaking earlier, almost fascinated by it. "It's so alluring and beautiful. I feel horrible that I know nothing of it. It's so beautiful." She swooned softly. "Can you sing it to me again?" She looked up at him with her soft, light blue eyes and long black eyelashes that she batted gently.

He smiled at her as she said she regretted not knowing her language he debated offering to teach her, but the tongue was lost out of his homeland so it would be useless. "I could speak it exclusively to you if you knew what i would be saying. " He smiled and moved back into the kitchen area the food would nearly be done now and could use a good stir. He took a long slow deep breath and began stir the pot slowly. He glanced back at her normally he would never sing for a person but most people were not a Drow who thought see was an elf.

He took a deep breath looking at her over his shoulder wondering exactly what he was going to do. After a few moments he pulled the pot from the fire his metal hand holding one side bare the other using a holder to protect it form the fire. He began to sing another song his mother would sing when he was young. A story to about a Drow man who fought so bravely he became the first Drow king with only one woman to answer to. It was the same song that inspired Thanos to be the great fighter he was.

Iraelia smiled sweetly and accepted his words. As he got up, she decided to stay where she was. She felt like she was following him around like a little puppy, so she decided to stop. She remained seated, watching him as he prepared the dinner for them. She sighed delicately to herself. She felt as if she were staring, but truth be told, there wasn't anything else to look at. And he was definitely very dashing. His eyes were like no other race of elf she had ever seen other than her own. His strength and skill was remarkable. She couldn't help but find him... fascinating.

As he started to sing, she found herself in a similar trance like before. His voice in the dark language so beautiful she couldn't help herself. Her tongue tried to move along with the words, but she found it a bit difficult. A few of the words slipped past her lips aloud, but... only a few. "It sounds so familiar..."

"There is an elven song about me that has not been sung in 300 years. It is nearly the same song it just has a very different ending. "He turned to face her a large bowl of stew in his metal hand the spoon playing around the rim. He smiled as he walked over handing it to her."Careful now its quite hot. " He turned the moment it left his hand and went back to gather his own bowl. He had not had a bite to eat all day and he was quite hungry. He moved to set on a chair across from her at the tiny table smiling. "I have some wine or water would you like something to drink? The wine is nothing fancy I don't have a place to store fine elven wine. " He looked at her giving a mocking smile he lived like a Drow in a small home in the side of a mountain. The earth told him how much he would be able to store not the man who built the home.

He stood after taking only a bite to grab a 2 glasses turning to face her. His eyes admiring how lovely she was she looked exotic not quite a normal Drow but certainly not a normal elf. He took a deep breath struggling not to stare.

She chuckled lightly at his words as she sat at the table waiting. "I wouldn't even know the difference m'lord. I would need to understand the language before deciphering it." She chuckled again and sat back as he made his way over with the stew. "Mmm, it smells delicious m'lord." She leaned forward, taking the spoon in hand and scooping up a bit of it. She blew on it gently so that it wouldn't be too hot on her tongue once she sipped it. As she did she sighed in utter satisfaction. "It's delicious!" As he came back over she offered another delightful smile before taking another sip of the stew. "Wine would be fine. I haven't had much to tell the difference between good and bad wine. It's all the same to me." She chuckled again. She felt much like a child right now as she continued to talk about all the things she didn't know. Then again, everyone knew at least one thing someone else didn't...

"If you call me m'lord one more time im going to make you sleep with the molesting horse!" He looked at her with a growl before walking over with a bottle of wine pouring her a glass and then one for himself. "I have no lands and my only title is butcher! I am no lord call my Thanos." He sat down taking a drink from the wine mumbling softly in his own tongue about how lovely she was it was quite the shame she was not aware of her past.

He drank the wine and sipped from the stew lightly wondering if he should spend the time in this town to teach her about her heritage. It would take some time and he would have to spend several days with the elves that despised him. "Give me the names of the elves that bother you the most. It seems that many of their families forget that they owe there existence to a Drow.

Back
Top Bottom