Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reforgotten Memories (SeythexButterfly)

Seythe

Super-Earth
The Quicksilver floated idly on gently tumbling waves, 3 years after the overthrow of the old pirate king Bayne by Kaji, his own apprentice. The legend sat upon the edge of his ship beneath the railings, his legs flailing lightly against the breeze. "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum..." He sang softly to himself, he ran a hand through his unique silvery hair, smiling lightly. The morning sun splashed out over the open sea, reflecting upon itself a million times over in the roiling seas. He wore his captain's coat as well as slacks with no shirt on. Kaji may as well have looked like a green horn to the unfamiliar eye, but he fulfilled the role of king well enough. His love slept within the captains quarter still after a night of love making. The stuff never burned out even after 3 years. Every night that didn't require work on the decks in a storm they fucked, and it was good.

He watched as the sun took its first rise... Today they would storm another tropical island, he promised his crew treasure by noon today. He sat unarmed upon his ship, his twin pistols left in their shared bedroom.

The sounds of bare feet against the wooden panel's of the deck approached him. They were soft in step. He'd know long before their owner ever reached him who it was that approached him. And sure enough, soon his lover knelt down behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist as she tilted her head and leaned her lips to kiss is neck, right under his ear, "Good morning," she whispered to him before nuzzling her nose against his ear. Sighing she moved to rest her chin on his shoulder and watch the sun rise with him.

She might have once been a governor's daughter, but now Laine was Kaji's fierce pirate queen. She'd come a long way from the lady he had brought aboard his ship long ago. When he knew he had to remain on the seas, he trained her to be a fighters and pirate like him and his crew. They all respected her now just as much as they did him. Life was wonderful. She never knew this would be her paradise, but she was happy to have found it.

There was no need to tell him, but she had taken the time to slip the pistols into clothing she had thrown on to join him on the deck. A pair of breeches he had made for so she could work on deck and one of his shirts.

Kaji turned his neck about as his queen came to embrace him from behind. His respect for her had grown over the years that this would be allowed. To hold the pirate king in such a manner would only be reserved for his queen. He kissed her lips lovingly, tasting the familiar taste of her mouth again. It made his heart flutter and speed. His arm reached down below the bar to her hip, gripping the cold and familiar metal. A beautiful contrast to his queen's warm embrace. "Are you ready for your practice, love?" He asked. Drawing the pistol and raising it, pointing it upwards before her fair face.

The Quicksilver had taken anchor in the middle of a wreck, various wooden worthless things floated in the water beneath them. Kaji made a point to train Laine in the way of his weapon. If she ever were in trouble and had to defend herself... She had come a long way since that first fateful night she brought a firearm to bear against him.

She groaned a little and sighed, squeezing her arms tighter around him and still with her eyes on the sun, "Can't we just watch the sun rise for once in our lives Kaji?" But she already knew the answer to it before he even had the chance to reply. She sighed as her one hand let him go and reached for the other pistol, drawing it and wrapping her arm around his neck, placing her pistol neck to his, "I thought you said I knew pistols well, yet you make me practice even still. I'd rather practice things in our bed my king."

He only laughed at her protest, flipping his legs over the railing and whirling about behind her. He embraced her sides from behind tightly. Nuzzling her shoulder, "You're doing most of the training in bed these days my queen..." He held her lovingly there against the railing, knowing full-well how it made her feel inside. "We've both much to offer each other... And your well being in such a treacherous life is one thing I can offer you." He breathed lightly on her pale neck, eyes fluttering closed. "Tell ye' what... Take that pistol on that pretty little hip of yours..." His hand went from her side to the pistol at her hip, smiling "And shoot that floating piece of drift wood right... There."

His grizzled hand went from the firearm to point at the small piece a ways out from the ship. It was a tough shot, one he was confident she would make. "And we can relive a little bit of what we did last night... Right here on the deck."

She smile and took the pistol, aim, firing, and hitting the target without even working very hard it seemed. With a smile on her face, she placed the pistol back where she got in at her hip and turned to face him, leaning back against the railing, "Was that suppose to be hard?" she asked playfully mocking him. "I am pretty good at this by now. I learned from the best after all." I could have made a harder shot than that one, and you know it."

"I do know." He grinned as he pushed into her with a deep kiss, his eyes fluttering closed beneath silvery hair, strands blew aside as their faces came together. His hands came down her curvy sides to the gun belt upon her hips, undoing them from behind and raising them with an arm outstretched to the side, they dropped heavily to the deck as they kissed. Their lips remained locked as his hands gripped her hips through his own slacks hard and possessively. Knowing the crew he stuck with, they would not be up for another hour...

"Mmmm," she moaned into his lip, pressing her lips hard back against his, getting as just possessive of him as she wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close to her body. It was amazing there was still enough strength in them both to attempt another go at it. After last night... the memories brought a smile to her lips as they kissed. "Mmm, I'm unarmed now you big, bad pirate king..." she playfully said as she lowered her lips to his neck and started to nibble.

The soft breeze seemed to pick up loftily as their lips locked. Kaji grinned into the kiss as well, eyes opening briefly to see his blond beauty's face, close up. The sunrise just beyond those gold locks. He chuckled heartily, "Let's hope you're not..." He said teasingly. With deliberate slowness he unbuttoned his shirt from her body slowly from the bottom as she toyed with his already reddened neck.

"Mmmm," moaned before breaking off into a fit of giggles. "Making love to you at sunrise..." she commented with a sigh as she took her hands and started to rub them over his bare chest and down to his pants, tugging lightly at the front of them, "Mmm, it's so romantic my king. You'll spoil me with all the sweet loving you give me." Like he hadn't done that already.

"I do spoil you so..." He conceded with a boyish grin. He took her by the chin harshly wrenching her from his neck. Taking his own turn at her neck in return. By now he had finished the job of unbuttoning her shirt, allowing it to hang on her pale, lovely shoulders. With one hand holding her neck in place, his other came up her now bare side beneath the lofty shirt, grasping her breast beneath the bra and groping it. He sucked lovingly at her neck as he did so, feeling the vibrations of her moaning as he did.

It had been so calm as the two got more closer, the sunrise coming over into a lightening sky. Kaji only heard the far-off thunders in the back of his head. More concerned with pleasing Laine, he continued with it as clouds came slowly and ominously over the horizon... Gusts beginning to pick up from the gentle caress it had been earlier.

She could not help but giggle a little at how he took the control and devoured her neck the way she loved him to do. Her hand rose up to rest on his head, lovingly toying with the locks of silver hair as he showered her with his affection. This was perfect. A paradise. Her own little paradise. Her body nuzzled into his touch.

As she tilted her neck to let him have it all, it forced her head to be tilted up towards the sky, towards the sails. It took her a moment to notice, but soon she noted the way the wind made them move. Kaji had taught her more than just how to fight. He had taught her to sail and to be one with the sea as well. She knew wind picking up that quickly to not be a good sign. Her eyes tilt up higher. Red skies...

"Kaji..." she whispered in a more serious tone, "the sky is red... and the wind is picking up..."

"Hmm...?" Kaji's eyes opened slightly and then grew wide in surprise. "You're right." He said as he removed his lips from her neck. "That's not normal..." His hands stayed about her, gripping Laine a little tighter as the winds blew harder. He looked upwards to the sky just in time to see it. A projectile piece of wood, kicked up by the squall and headed right for Laine's back.

"Move!" He said quickly, tossing Laine aside just before the sharp splintered wood hit. It jambed itself within his shoulder, blood spattering on the rail where they had been leaning moments before. "Ungh!" Kaji recoiled as the plank pierced his skin. Kaji was injured, but okay, struggling to get up but falling to one knee.

"Captain!" Kaji's head turned to see his crew coming up from below decks now at the site of the storm. They all stood huddled together in the relative safety of the stairwell, holding onto the walls for support against the blowing winds. "Are y' alright!?" One of them called.

"Get Laine to safety!" He turned his head to Laine who he had thrown to the ground, expecting her to run to safety. "Go!" He scowled, slowly standing up and ripping the plank from his chest. He coughed in pain, looking to the whirling winds just 10 meters out from the ship.

He swore he saw the devil within that squall...

Laine cried out as she watched Kaji be impaled but the wood. That could have been her if not for him. Hearing the crew coming, she rapidly worked at re-buttoning the shirt and moving to stand once more. Once she was put together again, he told her to go, but she only ran towards him, instinctively rushing to help her hurt lover.

She went on as if his command for her to go had never even been uttered, "Kaji! You can't stay on deck like this. You need to tend this shoulder now! It will become infected and- LOOK OUT!" She cried as she glanced over his shoulder before throwing her arms around him and pulling him with her down to the deck. Another piece of wood flew past where they had just been.

The winds were ready to engulf them now as the crew started to go into action to prepare to be hit. Laine was still focused on Kaji's well being, "I won't leave this deck unless you go with me!"

Kaji slid across the now sodden deck as Laine got them both out of the way. He was looking down as Laine pleaded with him, gritting his teeth again the pain. He looked up to her, with bright eyes and a forced smile. "Yeah, let's go." He picked himself up, pushing against the hard winds arm in arm with her.

They just made it across the mast when a huge gust that had been gathering beneath the ship's hull blew up and all over the deck. It lifted the couple clean up from the deck. Kaji grunted as he grabbed hard for the large mast, gritting his nails into the hard wood and reaching the other way for Laine who had been behind him.

Their hands met, and he gripped her for all he was worth. As her king, lover, and childhood friend.

She held him tight with one hand and reached out her other hand to grab the mast with him until they both were clinging to it for dear life. The crew was in just as much distress as they were, being through about the deck like toys this way and that. It was total chaos and madness! "Kaji! The winds are to damn strong! What are we gonna do!?" She was usually able to keep her cool, but this frightened her.

Kaji gritted his teeth hard, not gracing Laine with an answer. He looked over at his shoulder, the heart of the storm blew harder and harder. What could he do to stop this? His gun belt blew against the mast they held onto with a thud, he'd heard of... He grunted, looking to Laine. "I love you." He said simply, sliding down the mast and planting his feet against the base, he took the gun belt to his waist, buckling it and pushing back against the wind. He stumbled but gained his footing, planting them down hard. He drew his deck of cards, his weapon, his hope for salvation. He drew two cards, splitting them up between two fingers and taking one to each of his hands. Rearing back his arms, he whipped the two into the whirling heart of the storm, pulling his two pistols in a flash he shot the magic cards, making them explode in the whirling squall.

The fire immediately pulled up into the tornado, exploding a second time and canceling out the winds. The demonic winds blew away from the explosion, whipping across the deck the opposite way, taking Kaji clear off the deck. His back hit the mast hard, followed by the back of his head.

He was out before he could even see if Laine was okay...

"KAJI! DON'T!" Laine tried to yell after him, but he was long done before her words cut through the wind and the rain to where he had just been. She hung tight to the mast, watching Kaji from a distance until the ship tilted and she lost her grip. "KAJI!" she tried to scream out for his help, but he was to far and to focused.

Laine's hands clawed at the deck as she slid all the way to the railing, trying to grasp onto anything, but soon found herself smacked against the railing and nearly thrown into the water! She had been flipped over, but grasped the railing as best she could. Her life was hanging by a thread now. A member of the crew had been thrown in the same directions as she, though his feet were still on the deck and he hung onto the rail. He could save her. "Help me!" she called to him.

The crewman, looked to Laine. He had to know how it was, she was the only woman on board. Hope filled her as she saw him moving closer. She anticipated him taking her arms and pulling her back to safety. But that was not what happened.

He looked her right in the eyes, smiled, "Farewell Laine..." he yelled over the wind before he knocked her hands from the railing, sending her falling into the rough waters before.

In the water, Laine struggled to keep her head up about the water and to swim after the ship, but it moved far to fast for her and the water to rough. She was forced to cling to one of the pieces or floating wreckage she had been shooting at not to long ago. She clung to it for dear life. Unconsciousness was trying to overtake her. The impact with the water left her head spinning and hurting. She clung to reality as long as she could until she could take it no more. Everything when dark as she floated on a piece or wood. Everything was blank as the blackness of night.

The warm tropical waters took Laine right down to the bottom, as water filled her lungs her bouyancy gave way, forcing her to sink to the bottom. The moment her foot touched the sea floor, the storms gave way to a hot bright sun. The galeforce winds stopped instantly, and the crew tentatively came out from their holding place. "Capn!" The old navigator hobbled over from his resting place, "You cowards! None of ye' could help our poor Kaji!" He smacked one of the younger men in the head as he came to kneel down beside the knocked out captain.

He was on the verge of consciousness, the loss of blood from his shoulder combined with the heavy concussion of getting blown into his own mast. The last thing he saw was the tan face of one of his newest recruits, his name was Vergil, he remembered...

"I'm sorry captain... I tried to save her." A fake look of sorrow was on his face, the muscled man kneeled over, taking Kaji by the shoulders. Another crewman ran out to take his legs and take him to his room to recover. Kaji fell into unconsciousness with that sorrowful thought.

The old navigator turned about at knowing Kaji would be going to bed. "Right boys! Let's sail around the area, she couldn't have gone far!"

They wouldn't find her there, and would later give up and anchor at the nearest port, a tropical island they had under their control away from the navy.

The water was all around her, filling her and taking her life from her, but there was nothing she could do to stop it. She was too weak to fight it, yet somewhere deep inside her, in some level of her subconscious she knew she had to fight. Like some kind of instinct. Little good it did her though, at the bottom of the sea.

She slipped into a place between life and death when like some kind of magic, she was snatched from the sea and laid out upon a ship. A crew of woman all stood over her, looking down upon her lifeless form. They were sirens. Beautiful beings cursed to roam the seas forever. They existed in a purgatory on the sea to tempt and test sailors between life and death. The final judge in if a man would go to heaven or to hell.

"Captain... we pulled this woman from the bottom..." the first mate said as the leader walked up, kneeling down beside her and studying her in silence while the first mate went on, "It's rare to encounter a woman upon the waters like this. What do we do with her? Our tests will be no good on her? She could join our crew?"

"No..." the captain spoke up only as she continued to look over the unconscious Laine. Sin had seen this woman before. Never in person, but in her cursed mirror, yes. A few times. This was Kaji's soul mate. Sin closed her eyes and remembered the time she had spent with Kaji. Only a month in the time of mortals, and just a second in her never ending life. But she'd never forget him. He had been tested by her, a few years back and if she could have had her way he would have stayed with her forever as he own mate. Yet the mirror revealed to her that he was destined for another. A lost lover whom she needed to let him go to find. This was she. Sin knew it. She had not let Kaji go to find his love only to let him loose her.

"We take this one back to the land of the living. Take use to the nearest shore, we will leave her there." She would have taken the woman right back to Kaji if she could, but she tempted fate enough just letting her go with no trials. It was up to Kaji to come and find her now. Another gift, from the siren that would always love the mortal pirate king.

======

Air filled her lungs as she came too. The ground under her was soft and wet, but solid. Her eyes opened only a moment to look around and see she was one a beach. The sun was rising in the distance over the water. Blackness was rapidly overtaking her again as she laid her head back down and had to wonder... where was she.... and who was she?

Vergil and the other deck hand tossed Kaji onto his large circular bed which had shifted slightly during the storm. He was completely gone by the time he landed upon the sheets. The deckhand left the two alone, going to help repair the ship... Vergil stood above the motionless captain, his look of sorrow turning to a devious grin. "Kaji Kaji Kaji... Oh how you have fallen..." He cackled a bit, low enough so no one outside could hear. "Lost your woman now, and nobody knows it was me." He laughed. "Just wait my captain... I will wrench your life from you... And then your ship." He looked to the crew outside through the windows, assessing damage.

No, he couldn't carry it out now... He had been thumbing the butcher knife at his side the whole time he spoke. "Not now..." He whispered, and carried on to help secure everything that had been jostled in the attack.

=======

A young man pushed a cart steadily along the dirt path that went along the coast. Earthly brown eyes scanned along the beach for sea shells he could use in his craft. Just another way to make a buck. He frowned at the uninspiring thought, pushing the cart a bit slower... His tan skin was glistening lightly in the morning dawn, he had been pushing for a few miles out from his shack, his venture had turned up a few sea shells...

He stopped, that wasn't a seashell... Washed up sea barnacles? He cupped a hand over his eyes, taking the opportunity to run it through his sweaty hair before coming back over his eyes. A person... The man jogged down the beach and broke into a sprint when he realized she was unconscious. "Hey! Are you okay?!" He asked in a deep bruff voice.

He skidded to a halt beside her, opening her eyes and checking to see if she was okay at all. Water in her lungs? WIthout a second thought he placed two hands upon her sternum and pushed a number of times, then put his lips to hers, blowing air. Performing CPR.

The last bit of water left in her lungs soon came up with a great gasp and a cough. She rolled a little to her side, moaning a moaned as she curled herself up a little. Her clothing was amazingly still in tack, but the wet shirt clung to her, showing every curve of her body. Still out of it, a shiver coursed through her body.

He groaned in relief as she coughed up the water as intended, air filling her lungs. "Thank God.." His eyes looked her up and down, and he blinked, the white shirt became see-through easily. Her savior was a modest man, "Uh.." He snapped out of it as she shivered, taking off his brown leather vest, the only thing he wore. He wrapped it about her as best he could, which was easy considering how big he was. He picked her up in both arms and took her back to the cart. He looked down at the floor of it lined with shells, his livelihood... He frowned, kneeling down he sweeped his hand over, knocking the shells onto the path as best he could. Gently he laid her down in the cart, her weight crushing some of the shells still in the berth. He flinched but carried on, pushing her back home.

She was still as held her and carried her to the cart. There were moments she slipped in and out of consciousness. It was only for a moment here and a moment there to see little glimpses of her surroundings. The carts, the sky, shattered shells, the back of a man's head. By the time they finally stopped however, her shivers of cold were already a fever and a sweat. She had been in the cool sea a long while. Such a thing could make even the strongest of men sick.

Laine's savior took her up out of the cart and walked with her in his arms down to the shack. He held her a bit closer to his sun soaked body as she shivered, attempting to give her as much warmth as he could before he could get this mysterious woman a blanket. He swallowed to himself a bit as the vest did not quite cover her unmentionables. This was an emergency! Life or death and he was thinking of... How beautiful she was... He almost ran into the front door of his shack admiring her in his arms. With only a bit of difficulty he opened the door and laid her upon his bed, a lone cot in the corner. He had pounds of blankets in the closet which allowed him to survive the winters, which he withdrew before he noticed her wet clothes. He hesitated a moment, before nodding and shaking off the self-consciousness. "An emergency!" He said to himself in that gruff voice. As quickly as he could he removed her clothes, revealing her wet body, naked...

Quickly he covered her with the blankets to make her modest, and sat down to his hearth to start up a fire. She would be better soon.

Back
Top Bottom