Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Hunt //Kratos//Hahvoc Requiem//

Kratos

Supernova
The scenery was a blur, the wind being a slight hindrance as the moon tried to beam through the thick cover of tree's that covered this forest thickly. Usually one would not be found running through such a place at such a late hour, but it was not like Seth had a choice.. no instead he was running.. from what he was unsure but something was chasing him. That and it was definitely dangerous, he nimbly dodged low branches darting between small gaps mainly just trying to get as much distance as possible but he could still hear what was chasing him. Sticks were being broken under each step the leaves making soft crinkle noises as they were crushed with each rushed step. Sure.. they did say Elves were naturally more dexterous.. but that did not mean they could run for ever either.. No instead he had to get as far as he could from the danger, It had been his mistake for falling asleep against a tree to seeing blood red eyes gazing at him. If he had not moved a moment earlier at that time.. upon seeing them he had a feeling something would have happened to him. He had heard rumors of people who drank blood around this area, of which they would pursue their targets late at night.. so they could feed. Other then that not much was known about them, although they had acquired the nickname of being what they call a vampire.. a leech of blood to live an apparent immortality.

Many wanted to grasp the immortality that they so called said to have. Some tried to hunt the creatures but their was only rare cases where the person who went to hunt came back alive.. and even fewer cases were a vampire had been taken down. Apparently they were just like humans and could blend in.. but the pure sunlight was something that they could not stand.. to the point that their skin literally lit up into flames if exposure of more then a few minutes occurred. They were faster then the average being, stronger.. and had enhanced senses and the only reason that Seth so far had been managing to keep ahead.. was his race, and the fact that he was rather fit.. even for an elf. This nonstop running was starting to become tiresome though his medium length hair flowing with the wind that was against him at this moment causing it to flutter slightly behind him as he ran. Occasionally the moonlight would penetrate open spaces of the cover that the trees gave.. and when they did his true dark brown hair could be shown at it's richest but most of the time it looked black in such lighting.. Most of what he was doing at the moment was luck, even his eyes were having issue seeing everything.. although that luck was about to come short.

He felt his foot miss it's target getting caught on a fallen branch, which was enough to make him stumble and fall. The sensation of falling ending quickly as the ground caught up with him and gravity claimed a victor his face landing straight into leaves, his body a little less unlucky but his clothes were what took most of the fall for him, slightly now covered in dirt,.. small little rips in the material existed although his undershirt seemed to be unharmed. Quickly he scampered to his feet before starting to run again dusting himself off a bit before stopping and panting. Already it had been almost thirty minutes of direct running yet what was chasing him seemed to be persistent enough to follow.. or maybe it was just his imagination. His eyes looked around as he had found a location that the moon lit up a little better then the rest of the dark forest. He could not see or hear anything.. and so started to feel relieved. His deep blue eyes continued to flick around, his slightly pointed ears trying to listen out for any noise, yet nothing was heard.. it was to quiet to feel completely comfortable, but it was better then hearing something chasing at least. His clothes were only that of a rather ordinary person, and so were not entirely designed for such intense situations yet his jeans, white shirt, and dark black jacket seemed to be coping,..

Well wasn't that just peachy? Trianna thought to herself as she chased after the Feral that was now chasing the..elf? Such a strange race it was. The Feral had been ravaging the lands around the forest, killing too many innocents to go unnoticed and Trianna, that last female of the Ruling House of vampire society, was chasing after it. Since she was the last royal, pure blood female, she was in danger of either being married off or assassinated, and so she had gone off into hiding. Most of the royal vampires were all about preservation of the pure blood, which she could care less about. Most vampires beneath her station were either almost pure or half pure because of breeding with humans. Humans were known as the most compatible with their DNA, besides the occasional elf that had been known to slip into their midst.

Her brilliant green eyes flared to a bright silver as she moved faster and faster, drawing upon her power that was gifted to her by her royal blood. She could hear all the sounds around her, the faint breathing of the elf, the rougher breathing of the Feral that had been chasing him. She hoped to catch up with them soon. The Feral reeked of freshly spilled blood and she would hate it if another innocent died because she hadn't made it in time to stop him. She heard a faint pause and stumble as the elf must of lost his balance. Elves weren't designed like Vampires, especially the royals who were blessed with much higher endurance and such of that nature. A half hour run or so was nothing to Trianna, though it did make her breathing quicken in the faintest. She paused a moment and sniffed, using scent rather than sight or sound.

There! She turned to the left at a blurring speed, trying to catch the Feral before it took the elf down with it. The forest had gone so quiet that it was hard not to hear the breathing of the Feral. She didn't quite hear the elf, but she didn't need to. She needed to hear the Feral and hope she wasn't too late.​

The elf was lightly panting as he partially rested against the tree, the silence giving him the idea that he was safe and had escaped what ever had taken chase, maybe his eyes had just mistaken something else and that what ever had been chasing him, .. since he never had given himself enough time to look at what it was, stopped quite a while back. Still when it came to something that in it's presence just felt dangerous, it was better to be safe then sorry as Seth had plans with his life, to a degree at least and did not want it to be taken by something so savage. Slowly he was starting to get control of his breath still prepared to take of if he needed to.

Slowly Seth's green gaze started to look around a touch trying to look past the darkness before hearing a crack from what was above him, quickly he moved to the side before coming face to face with what had been chasing him, instantly he felt himself being pushed against the tree with a strength unlike anything he had been prepared for. A grunt of the sudden pain of the tree against his shoulder, he saw the creatures deep red eyes, teeth bared of which they were longer then an average human or elves with a similar point to the tip of his ears, So this is what a vampire looks like..

Instantly after thinking such a thing he quickly struggled knowing what was to come next, he managed to push away and move to the side but that had really not gained him much time, instead he stumbled to the side, he had used his strength and his body weight to escape but all that had caused was him to fall sideways at least out of the blood hungry creatures grip. A growl seemed to escape the blood covered fiend before it started to approach him, his whole body shot up and he found himself unable to move, that gaze penetrated him and he was to tired to try and do anything more, if this was his fate.. their was nothing that could have been done.

"Blink, you bloody mongrel of an elf!"

Trianna shouted as she entered the clearing, clubbing the feral on the head with the her bow. The thing roared and spun, trying to swipe at her, but she vanished from sight. When she reappeared, the royal vamp punched the beast in the stomach, sending it flying into one of the nearby trees. There was a crack and grunt and a heavy thud as the large tree was uprooted. The feral struggled to get up with all the branches on top of it, and some sticking through its limbs. It's heart hadn't been pierced so it still lived, even as blood flowed freely from the wounds. She closed her eyes to the sight of the blood, clicking her teeth together firmly as she used the stake at her hip to drive through the beast's heart. It turned to ash on a scream.

Removing the stake, she strapped it back to her thigh as she looked back at the elf, her green eyes glowing silvery in the moon light. Her fiery red hair was streaked with orange as she looked at the male with a slight sigh as she combed her fingers through her short hair.

"Well..that was a bit of a stroll through the woods.."

She had the slightest hint of a Romanian accent as she spoke, it showing in how she pronounced her Ts.​

Although he was unsure why after hearing a voice yell out such a thing, his eyes fixed towards the location watching as the creature that had attacked him seemed to be under attack by someone whom surprisingly seemed extremely fast and stronger then what her appearance showed. Such speed though was something he had never seen as he saw the feral swipe, of which he went to tell her look out before she moved at the last moment before returning so quickly with a punch that sent it flying backward a loud crack being heard as it must have landed into a tree and more then that their was a loud thud.. Such strength.. she hit it so hard that it uprooted a tree... it was almost impossible to believe and yet he tried to watch as best he could.

Upon seeing what she started to do his eyes turned away expecting a lot of blood, but instead of that he heard a scream and then as he turned back the creature that was their.. seemed to be gone.His eyes looked within hers for a moment finding slight comfort, her hair was partially unlike anything he had ever seen and made a strong contrast with such beautiful eyes, before his voice managed to speak surprisingly after all of that. ".. only a stroll? That thing had me running for half an hour.." Slowly Seth managed to get himself up to his feet before speaking..

"I do believe you just saved my life... " a faint smile crossing his face upon saying such a thing, it was obvious the male was grateful for such a thing before he decided to ask something.. "What was that creature.. I have heard rumors of creatures called vampires before.. but I heard they were a lot more dignified then that .. well I don't even know what to call it.."

"That, Elf, was a disgrace to the race of vampires. It is what we call a Feral. They are vampires who lost their humanity and gave into the thirst.."

She tipped her head in the slightest, propping her hands on her hips as she studied him. He was rather handsome for an elf, and despite being slight in frame and pretty of face, he was definitely male and masculine. Trianna had never really liked the chains that her culture kept on her for being a royal and had adjusted easily to the life of being a "common" vampire. She could pass as an Elf when the need arose. She had plenty of money to keep her in comfort, and what she made hunting down Ferals filled not only her pockets, but her primal need to hunt as well. She cracked her neck with a quick turn of her head before she looked back at the male elf.

"So...what did you do to grab its attention?"

She murmured with the lightest bit of a smile. That had probably been the worse thing to adjust to: facial expression. Once she returned to her seat, she would easily slip back into her old ways of the "poker" face. But within normal culture, people expected expression. She was still adjusting to it and it had been a few months now.​

Hearing such a thing at least had proved to him that vampires did exist like the rumors had said, it was interesting to hear her to word it like that though since from what the rumors told that was what every vampire was stereotyped as. Then again such things usually were never accurate anyhow. And hearing that such creatures of the night existed.. well he figured there were others that were unlike ferals, whom probably had pride in being a vampire.

For a moment he could only help but look upon his savior, after all it was evident that nothing could have been done if she had not turned up. Sure Seth could have struggled a little, possibly managed to start running again but it would have been hopeless since eventually all energy would have ran out and that creature seemed like it had a never ending supply.. like it lusted for something.. which would have been his blood since that was what those creatures fed upon. Hearing her question the Elf decided to respond quickly deciding there was no point keeping her waiting.

"Walking at night time .. that's about it, I usually travel around sometimes.. and I fell asleep resting against a tree to wake up with the thing you just.. um killed, the Feral rushing at me.. after that I started to run .. and well here we are, but I have a question.. if that is a Feral.. are you what they would call a actual vampire?" He was curious since she had shown inhuman strength and speed although even being a disgrace it still was an odd idea to consider that they would kill their own species like that after giving into what was apparently the vampires core instinct.. feed off blood.

"You probably cut yourself or looked like easy prey...and the running just added to it."

She mused, knowing where his thoughts were going. Vampires were ruthless in order to protect their own, and Ferals were usually kept under control by masters. But not every Feral could be located, and that's why they were destroyed. They exposed the darker side of the Vampires but also endangered every living creature. And vampires needed viable food supplies since killing for food had been outlawed by her late mother. Blood was harvested and contained within cold vaults below ground, and of course, vampires did feed off each other on occasion when the passion grew hot.

"Yes, elf, I am a vampire. And my job is to hunt and kill Ferals."

She tipped her head, her tone very matter-of-fact, though her eyes glinted with a little bit of amusement and mischief. It seemed almost silly that her kind was rumored to be in existence. Where she came from, vampires were in power with werewolves and psychics in a triad to protect the populace. Though the reason she was in hiding now was because two of the leaders of each faction had been murdered. Her fist clenched before she relaxed and vanished, only to appear an inch or two away from the young elf. She sniffed lightly and tipped her head in curiosity.

"Hm..."​

Seth thought about it for a moment thinking if he had any recent cuts that could have attracted it's attention.. but then it was clear. He was seen as easy prey because to begin with he had been asleep. After that the chase seemed to keep it's interest and lucky now.. it had been taken out via the vampire whom seemed to be now talking to him of which he was partially unsure why since she probably had other places to be, more ferals to see and take out. Although he knew that she was a different creature and race then himself the elf could not help but just look at her for a moment, something about her was a little entrancing and so he partially was lost within it's grasp at this particular moment.

His instant reaction of her disappearing like she had made him think for a moment where... did she.. that was about as much as could have been thought in that short time before seeing her so close, Seth almost falling back in surprise yet managed pretty easily to keep his footing. The elf was unsure what the vampire was doing although had noticed she seemed to have a curious look across her face.. her eyes showing what appeared to be possible mischief within them. Slowly he started to speak after hearing her.. make or well technically say the noise.. 'hmm'

"Hmm?" it was all he managed to say before he started saying what he originally was going to "what is it..?"

"I have startled you, my apologies. I just...find you rather pretty."

She said honestly, her tone dropping in the slightest as she reached out slowly and gently to grasp a strand of his hair and twirl it about the tip of her finger. Most vampires had dark hair, very few having bright hair like her own, and the color of his hair was intriguing to her, even though it wasn't all that fancy. She smiled lightly before releasing his hair and taking a step back to give him some space. She glanced at the sky and then at the ground before she shrugged with a slightly embarrassed smile.

"I must take my leave. I have a few other assignments to take care of before I can sleep. Will I...see you in the future?"

She looked a little hopeful, but there wasn't much faith put into the question. She hardly knew the elf and she wasn't suppose to get much contact from people. But she didn't care all that much. She felt an urge to get to know him.​

Although he had been through a lot of unpredictable events today, and others that had been a bit more predictable upon getting deeper into them, nothing could have prepared him for the vampires comment a slight very faint blush appearing across his face just for a moment before it disappeared being replaced by a simple smile that the elf had managed to conjure up recently.

He could tell she was being honest, her actions that followed strengthening such a belief that had briefly been created. Seth did not feel disturbed by the actions though feeling a slight appreciation even that someone like her had even had some sort of interest in someone simple like him, the only feature that made him better then some was because of his elven looks making him rather actually attractive. Hearing her speak one more a disappointed sigh left him before his smile returned stronger then ever. "I am sure if it is to occur, it will.. or if you get some free time, try to track me down.. I probably have a unique scent don't I not?"

The smile remained for a little longer and although it felt a little odd that the vampire had asked such a question he also felt relieved, and simply glad. That was because her race interested him and from the rumors they were not meant to have contact with people or keep it to a minimum and so it was good to see a rumor being broken and a new friend becoming his to know.

"Yes...quite a unique scent.."

She murmured, her breath suddenly against his ear. Her hormones were seeming to start to grow annoying and she couldn't stop from running her hands gently up his arms as she flicked the tip of his ear with her tongue. She felt a sizzle across her skin that she hadn't felt before and before long, she released him looking rather embarrassed. She cleared her throat and looked at her wrist as if it would tell her the time.

"I am...sorry for that. I will see you another time."

And with that, without waiting for a response, she dashed off into the woods, vanishing from sight as she went about on a few other missions that swallowed up the rest of her time before she headed to her home, exhausted and fell into her restful and reviving sleep.​

Back
Top Bottom