Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The head guards true role //Kratos//CrystalFox//

Kratos

Supernova
Alarmed voices seemed to fill the air a little as news of what seemed to be an attack on the castle was taking place. The moment Seth heard about such a thing,.. was the moment he then moved out of the way a boulder hitting the wall he had just been standing next to as bricks fell. They really did not seemed to be holding anything back and well it seemed the guards that were trying to defend the castle were simply just getting taken care off. Instead of going to help them,

He had more important duties to take care of, in a case like this.. the princess's safety overruled the castles and so after grabbing his blade that had been resting near the door of the room he was casually in he quickly made haste towards the princess's chambers. He could hear them start to storm the main doors hammering away at it,.. hearing the archers saying a few choice words as they picked of a few of the enemies but really this would not stop much at all.

Slowly Seth opened the door before his blue eyes looked over towards the princess as he entered "Sorry for disturbing you.. but we seem to be under attack.. might I suggest we head towards the hidden passage ways to leave this place for a little.. under my protection of course.. but we must leave soon.. so please.. grab what you need and lets go"

Lana had been woken on the first strike of stone meeting the heavy defensive walls that surrounded what had been her home for the past 17 years almost. Shooting up her dark brown hair fell back and pooled behind her. She knew what she needed to do and it was to get ready to run now cower in the corner. Despite her demure attitude she was far from stupid. Slipping off her bed long legs led her to her closet where she grabbed her dressing robe followed by several simple gowns shoving them into a rucksack that sat in the corner.

Needless to say when he entered she had just slipped a pouch full of gold into the bag and tossed it over her shoulder. "I'm ready Captain." she said green eyes sparkling with poorly concealed fear. "What of mother and father?" she was worried for her parents more then herself, they wouldn't kill her if she was captured but they'd kill her parents. That much she was certain of, dashing towards him she stumbled as another stone hit making the very foundation shake beneath her already unsteady feet.

She knew they needed to go, even she could hear the sound of the front gate being crushed. The royal tunnels were actually quite near her own room slopping downwards in a spiral staircase before leading to hand dug earthen tunnels. The Teen wasn't sure where they'd end up but she knew the way, so together the pair set off running down the staircase only halted by her near constant stumbles.

If it had been his duty to look after all of the royal family then he would have probably been rushing towards getting the king and queen ready to leave as well but truth was, he was mainly assigned to being head guard.. for the fact of watching over Lana.. being on of the stronger guards that was loyal and definitely trustworthy. As she stumbled from the second impact he managed to stop her from falling before removing his hands from her. He knew not to touch royalty unless it was absolutely necessary and he figured that time he would manage to get away with it.

Seth looked through the brown fringe of his that came down just to his eyes, his hair was not exactly long.. but at least was not completely short either. He did not really have an answer to offer instead managing to say "They will be fine.. I think they would prefer us to leave while we have the chance though.." the two then started to head to the tunnels that were not that far away from her room at all before he let her lead since to be truthful he did not really know the way out of the castle through these particular tunnels.

It had never really crossed the fit guards mind to do such a thing, and at this moment he was only wearing his simple guard uniform of chainmail leggings and and a chainmail shirt, it was not the best kind of armor really but it allowed him to stay nimble and keep speed to dodge although he was actually hoping their would not be to much combat.. just to begin with at least anyhow doubting they knew of the tunnels that were the royalties secret for quite some time.

The low slopping tunnels twisted and turned beneath the caste small rocks falling from the ceiling peppering her dark hair with gray. Left, right, left, left, right. She was reciting the directions in her head ducking beneath low hanging rocks and around gaps in the quickly crumbling floor. Eventually it went straight and upwards leading them through a barred and locked gate to what appeared to be the middle of the surrounding forest. Thankfully she had the key around her slender neck.

Forcing the rusted gate open she collapsed against a large oak tree breathing heavily. They could still hear the explosions as the crumbling walls gave way several miles from where they sat. Unshed tears glistened in her eyes the fire from the towers causing the shadows to dance around them. "Do you know where to go from here?" she commented softly. "I never paid attention to the safe house father was always going on about."

Lana refused to cry until she was alone, she was royalty meant to be calm and brave in the face of danger. It was just the little lost girl inside that made her swallow heavily the one who wanted her mom and dad with her as well. "We should move from here I suppose in case they found the tunnels?"

Although she seemed not to be saying anything now as they traveled within the tunnels, he had a feeling in her mind.. she was just reciting the path out of which he knew the general way once they would be outside.. but even he compared to the King who had set the safe house location.. was a little clueless. After all this was all so rushed and unexpected.. but guarding the main royalty were key members of the guards, each assigned to a member each.. which was why Lana's safety meant the most to him.. because he had been allocated to her for ever such an emergency was to take place.

Although the tunnels did take them a little distance from the castle the siege was rather a noise of chaos and destruction, the rubble as it got attacked by the boulders fired from what would have to be catapults causing loud crunches and smashes, and explosions.. well Seth was unsure what was causing such things, but they to were loud. Instead of resting he stood ready just in case to guard her, if something were to happen he would need full concentration to make sure everything would be right. It was not the fact that he was the most powerful guard.. it was his speed and how he used it to his advantage.

"Well then we must head North-East.. Straight into the forest.. although that was all I remember, so I think we should first head to the Arstrafe Inn about.. a few miles from here, it is quite a walk but you can rest when we get there Princess.. I know people we can trust for a little there, although we will need to go to the forest safe house when we do get the chance.."

She looked up at him a soft smile of thanks on her face "I'm no one's princess right now, please just call me Lana." Standing she smiled softly and dusted off her dressing robe, her eyes still dark with grief. "The Inn, well lets just pray our enemies didn't raze it as they headed towards the castle." Given the area they were in and the area the attack struck from she was certain it was still in one piece, for how long was another matter entirly.

Using a small piece of leather she tied back her long hair, it was already tangled and decorated with small pebbles no need to make it worse. "Which way to the Inn Captain? I'm afraid I don't know this area very well, I usually horseback near Darrowshire which is more Southern isn't it?" she always had a horrible sense of direction.

Right now she needed to focus on keeping herself safe along with him so they meant making it to the safe house or somewhere away from here as soon as possible.

Softly the guard shook his head as he heard what she said, to him she was still the princess regardless of the castle or not. Then again.. he could not argue a command from the her anyhow and so let out a small sigh "Your still a princess to me.. but I will call you Lana.. like you requested.." It would be rather different referring to her as her actual name.. something that would take some getting used to. But at least they were safe for now, and if that were to change he would protect her with his life, that was his role.. or at least that's what he thought at this point in time.

A soft smile crossed Seth before he decided it would be best now that they were out of the castle for him to take control of leading, it would be odd because it would feel like he would be giving the Princess Lana commands.. but at this moment.. it was necessary. He started to walk before turning his hed back to look over at her.

"Come Lana.. it is this way, although we will only be able to stay at such an Inn for a night.. before leaving, any longer and I fear who ever raided the castle will probably look their.. since it is not that far from the castle anyhow.. but is our only choice.."

She followed after him in the darkness pleased he couldn't see the tears trickling down her cheeks as the walked along the small game trail towards the inn. Aside from the sound of her breath hitching there was no way to tell she was crying. Lana was miserable and she knew her parents were dead, what was to become of the kingdom?

It turned out the inn was in one piece and both were quickly ushered inside out of the cool evening. Word had already gotten to them of the fallen castle and they expected someone to be staying her for the night. The Inn Keeper just hadn't expected it to be the Captain of the Gaurd and thier Princess.

"This way highness we have a hidden room the pair of you can stay in for the remainder of the night." he whispered keeping his head bowed as they walked along the narrow halls. The room in question was hidden behind a false wall and was quite lovely if not for the fact there was only one bed. "I'm sorry I cannot provide more but this is all we have were you will be safe." Lana nodded "Thank you sir, this room is perfectly fine for the night. We'll be leaving before dawn I'm almost certain...."

Seth because he was leading had not noticed the tears that crossed her face but he knew sadness would be something that was affecting her, since it was highly probable.. that the rest of the royalty.. did not make it, the king and queen.. were rather heavy sleepers, and their guards were more people who preferred to protect rather then help them escape.

It was no surprise to hear the inn had a spare room hidden from everywhere, but if raiders really wanted to find the two of them.. that would not buy them any time.. fire was something that would get to any room regardless. Still for tonight.. it was their only option.. and so Seth was fine with staying at the inn for a night, of which he would not feel worried about the dangers the two could possibly face later.

A slight look of surprise seemed to cross his face seeing the room only had one bed,.. other then that it looked rather luxurious though. "Dawn at the latest.. Thanks again though.." he slowly decided to just sit on the bed for a moment before looking over towards the Princess "Lana.. if you wish it.. I will sleep on the floor tonight and allow you to have the bed.."

She frowned delicatly and looked down at the rough wooden floor. It didn't look at all comfortable, in fact it looked like he wouldn't be able to sleep at all. There wasn't even a sitting area by the fire so he could lay on the couch. Opening her mouth for a moment she shut it and smiled politely. "No, no you can sleep on the bed with me, the floor looks terribly uncomfortable. We'll just use the extra pillow to seperate our bodies, that way I retain my decency and avoid scandle, not that it would really matter at this point."

Slipping off her shoes she walked slowly over to the bed and set the third largest pillow directly in the middle of the bed deviding both halves equally. There that way she didn't really have to acknowledge the fact that there was a man sleeping beside her before she was married. The very idea of the Captain being the one beside her made her flush but she prayed the light was too low for him to notices.

"I must however ask you to turn around while I take off my dressing robe and slip into the bed, then you may lay down as well." keeping her hands before her she looked at him poitedly reminding him that she was indeed a princess and as a Gaurd he really wasn't allowed to see her in her sleeping gown.

Although the floor did seem from a glance, to be probably the most uncomfortable thing to suggest sleeping on other then maybe possibly jagged rocks.. if the Princess asked for such a thing,..Seth would have not declined since after all, he was considered her personal guard more then anything.. and so would follow her orders even if the whole castle were to have collapsed and the royal family she was in did not exist anymore.. the reason, to him she was the Princess.. no matter what happened.

Slowly he nodded in agreement watching as she placed the large pillow in the middle before faintly noticing what seemed to be a blush appearing across the face of[ Lana yet he decided not to say anything since it could have been the lighting of the room being so dim, that it was possibly his eyes playing up on him.

The guard almost felt ashamed since he had not already started to do such a thing his eyes for a moment seemed to be looking at Lana before he slowly started to turn his back to the Princess partially wanting to see what she looked like better.. "Okay Prin... I mean Lana, tell me when I can turn around then.. " A blush crossed his face as he thought for a moment what she would look like but because of being purely having his back to her, she would have not been able to see it./color]

Lana slipped under the covers raising them to her chin and laying back. "Alright you can turn around now." she commented softly her eyes focusing on only him. "See you can't see anything now can you? So it works out really well." and with that she curled onto her side back to the large pillow and pulled the blankets to her chin.

Sleep did not come to her easily that night but tears did. Not even 10 minutes after he too had slipped into bed had they begun to fall. Silent tears trickling down her face as she reached into her bag and pulled out a locket that had a small painting of her mother and father in it. The young princess could barely make them out in the darkness of the hidden room but it made it all the more painful in her eyes.

Slipping the locket's delicate chain over her head she wrapped her hand around the small pendent and fell into an uneasy sleep filled with images of a king in black ruling over her once beautiful kingdom. "No..." she mumbled in her sleep eyes fluttering in a dream state. Her beautiful Kingdom covered by darkness and misery.

Slowly Seth turned around after hearing her allow him to do such a thing. It was true that he could not see anything and although a small side of him was disappointed she still was a princess to him anyhow and so the guard was not going to complain. After all he had not even expected to be sleeping in the same bed as her anyhow and so that was almost partially an honor but considering the circumstance he was glad about such a thing.

The guard slid onto his own side of the bed before sliding under the covers, the only he bothered to remove was his shoes and chain mail top which meant he was only in his pants and the thin undershirt that usually was never seen because of the chainmail top. If he had known the princess had been crying he would have comforted her,

It did not take Seth long to fall asleep and although the pillow had been between them unconsciously his body had moved and his arm lightly rested over the top of the blanket as if lightly embracing the Princess through the blanket. Half sleeping on the pillow, half off it was still surprisingly comfortable and so he did not stir until the morning of which he would find out how he slept and probably start saying sorry ahead of himself.

Shortly before dawn arose the Princess woke up and slipped out of the bed rubbing her eyes. Stripping off her gown she opened the rucksack and pulled out a pair of male breeches and a lose fitting white shirt. She had always been told that if she needed to escape it was best to change her appearance. So she alwas kept a pair of squire's cloths in her closet.

Sighing softly she took a good look at her long hair and then the knife at the bottom of the bag. Gathering it over one shoulder she cut it all off in one quick movement so it rested at her shoulders. Lana had too much hair for it to fit under a hat. The shirt was lose enough that it hide her curves so she had no need to bind her breasts or much else. Now she appeared to be a gangly almost feminine boy of about 15.

"Captain wake up." she said softly shaking him awake just as the dawn's light drifted in via a small window to the left of them. "Tis dawn....we need to go." hopefully the new change didn't startle him too much.

Seth slept quite easily not feeling her wake herself up, the night seemed to partially correct his position a touch although his arm was still outstretched over to her side of the bed without him knowing. The guard was quite relaxed, not in any rush to waking up slightly forgetting that the two had said they would leave early, and although it still was rather early part of him was having issues awakening.

Feeling the Princess trying to wake him up slowly his eyes opened at hearing her voice before a look of shock had crossed him.. instantly he closed his eyes before clearing the sleep from them to show he possibly thought he was dreaming since this had not been what he expected at all before opening up his eyes again.. "You look.. different Lana"

It had been all he managed to say before noticing the position of which his arm had been during the night "... Sorry I mean.. it was a good idea to change your identity" quickly he had withdrawn his arm to his side hoping she had not minded that he had broken the agreement before now he got up to his feet forgetting he was only in his pants. When he realized this a small look of shock crossed him yet he was not embarrassed of his body and so instead he just walked over to his chainmail shirt sliding it onto himself,

Of which after that his boots went on before he let out a faint smile "Lets leave then.." it was lucky enough his armor only looked like an average prepared traveler and so Seth unlike the princess figured he would not have to change his appearance.

Of course Lana had realized what he did but decided to pretend she hadn't. It was unnerving how safe and content she felt when she realized his arm was almost around her slender frame. After all it had obviously been an accident so she had no right to get mad, plus she didn't really want to. He didn't seem to realize what he did either so it was a safe bet he wouldn't realize it.

When he stood it was her turn to blush, he truely was a very attractive man. She found herself wanting to run her hands down his bare chest and kiss the same path. Shaking her head she busied herself with burning the expensive sleeping robe in the fire place along with her gown before nodding. "I wanted to sleep later, but you're right we're still too close to the castle for us to be able to relax.

"Lead the way then sir." she commented smiling softly her eyes sparkling though the feminine touch in her voice was out of place with her boysih apperance. "Being as I cannot disguise my voice, it would be best if we come across the enemy to tell them I'm mute. That way they won't be tempted to make me speak."

The blush that crossed the Princess's face was quite a bit of a surprise, although it made sense quickly why it was that a blush had occurred. After all, this had been the first time she had seen him with so little on.. and well luckily in that regard the guard was actually quite attractive, but because of his job he had not been able to find anyone.

"I think that would be advisable.. your voice does not match your voice Lana.. now... lets go," Seth then walked outside once hit boots were on before he turned around to face her "although I don't stick out much in armor.. We should probably head to the market district so I can get a change of clothes.."

Some parts of it would give it away that he possibly was a guard, and well if one stared long enough, the Princess... even in her disguise, her face still held such perfect features, her eyes the eyes of royalty. So a very observant person would probably realize whom she was. ".. I did bring some money,.. but maybe we should just buy some food from this inn that will last us the trip to where we actually need to go"

However when the money was offerd the innkeeper declined insistant on giving them food for free. "The princess is our only hope you may need the money further along." the portly man had explained as Lana had dirt spread on her face to mare her fair feature by his son. Frowing at the idea of being covered in dirt she had allowed it knowing that they had a point. Smiling softly she bid them both fairwell as the pair headed down the road to the market district.

Now the market district was packed with all manner of common folk brushing up against one another in thier haste to get the best deals from the fish vendor of fresh vegitables from the dozen or so farm stands that dotted the side of the road. After much searching they'd managed to locatw a tailor whom didn't really seem to know who she was judging by the way he spoke. "Of course I can give you new cloths Sir Knight. But your filthy squire must stay outside." shrugging Lana did as she was told remaining right by the front door. Perhaps the dirt had been a good idea?

While her gaurd remained inside she remained outside watching the people who seemed so unaffected by the castle falling. Did they even know? It was possible a messanger hadn't come this way yet, after all it was sort of behind the castle. Once it became known they'd have to move on she was certain. If the new King had not located her body amoungst the dead he'd be out looking for her soon enough.

It was a nice gesture from the innkeeper, of which Seth was glad that he had actually insisted because it meant they had more money for things they would need later. The guard was quite surprised when dirt was applied and part of him wanted to see her features at their true softness but as a disguise it did make it more believable, since no squire had perfect skin like the nobles. One thing was for certain though, he had preferred her appearance as a princess but he was not going to tell her that, mainly for the reason that she might get the wrong idea.

Once they were ready to leave the two of them did not take to long to actually get in the process of going towards the market place. Although he knew the treatment that she was going to receive at first he went to kick up and defend Lana but Seth managed to stop himself from reacting seeing as the princess seemed to know that she was going to be treated almost as a pheasant

Instead of saying anything Seth simply walked inside to get what would be his new clothes. Although to the guard it would feel like a new identity since he was to used to waking up with how he appeared. Still for the princess he was willing to die for if it meant she would end up being safe. That was part of the royal oath he had accepted.

The talior went about gathering several pairs of dark pants and lose fitting shirts, all of them rather expensive looking but it turned out only to be a few silver for one set of cloths and two sets of under cloths. "This fabric will hide armour well if you wish to wear it over you current attire." the slender man said his eyes constantly moving to the door to make sure Lana didn't try to sneak it.

However the princess was too occupied by the busy common folk to really care. Since her father's rule no one went hungry as long as they were willing to supply for any nobles that came through and even then it was only bare minimum. Thanks to that short of a few people who chose to be theifs no one was really poor or starving. How would that change one they found out? It really was rather depressing.

Once he was outfitted in new cloths the tailor smiled at the pair as they walked off into the busy street. "We should get horses." she whispered her lips brushing his ear. "It'll take too long to go by foot....I'm sure we can aquire some easily if we give them something valuable." Reaching into her bag she pulled out a bejewlled locket surely it was worth two horses right?

(going to respond to our other rp ?)

Seth liked the idea of being able to hide his armor underneath it since it would make things easier for him. It was almost humorous watching the tailor making sure Lana did not enter which meant her disguise was working perfectly. The price surprised him being lower then expected yet this was of no issue. Instead he smiled paying for it once the clothes had been chosen.

They were quite expensive looking, nothing like what he was used to wearing but it did make it more believable that the Princess was a simple squire of his. As he walked out he still held the light smile before hearing the princess speak into his ear, feeling her lips brush against it almost in a way that partially excited him yet he did not show it before noticing what she had pulled out. "I believe it might be so, although we might want to hurry and start our leave.."

Truth was even with the disguise certain people would be looking for her that was certain and so it was best to play it safe and get out of this area but she was right, they would need horses to speed up how long it would take. "Come then.. lets go get those horses, and best you give me that so that we don't get weird looks for a squire like person handing over a expensive item."

She slipped the trinket into his hand before slipping it back under her lose fitting shirt, the pouch tied securely around her waist. That was a locket her mother had given her for her last birthday, she was sure a peasent would simply consider him a noble and not ask questions when it was handed over. Once more a horse seller was surprisingly easy to find.

"Pure bred horses for sale, best in the land!" the man called out revealing several horses that she was certain had once been at home in the royal stables. In fact she saw her mother's horse duchess in the front the proud horse looking exausted and miserable. She tugged on his arm and pointed knowing he'd recognize them. "He must've stolen those from the stable last night." she murmered sofly when no one was looking. "So he knows about the castle falling, I'll stay across the street while you barter."

If he knew about the castle he knew about the new king who was preparing to take over. Which meant there was a good chance he was an undercover mercenary of some kind. She didn't wish to take the chance she might be recognized so she busied herself looking at the dried fruits at a stall across from his, her back turned.

Seth briefly looked at the locket of which it would be a slight shame to have to use such a thing to get them a horse and upon hearing a horse seller announcing some sales Seth decided that was where they would buy from although upon seeing the queens royal horse their was a possible danger that Lana would be recognized but it seemed the Princess already knew such a thing busying herself with other things of which previous to that giving him the okay on bartering for the horses of which he would of course try to get Duchess and a purebred for himself.

It was a lucky thing that he had a noble appearance in features as well as clothing now, as he approached the seller looked at him with interested before speaking to him "You are interested in buying a horse yes..? I have some of the best in the land at prices you would be a fool to pass on" Seth pretended to act interested at looking at all the horses for a moment.

"How much for the black male stallion over there.. and this one" He pointed to Duchess making sure to not mention anything that would show he knew of the royal horse since only members of the castle would have known such a thing. He awaited hearing a price before offering a small smile putting his hand into his pocket, "How about this..? I am sure it will be worth more then enough.." in his hand was the locket, the only thing he really had to barter on but at least it was of expensive design which made it worthy at least.

It turned out the locket was perfectly fine in the salesman's eyes as he accepted it and handed over both horses fully saddled within moments. However the movement of his arms made it obvious he was hiding a dagger of some sort which confirmed Lana's suspicions. He was a mercenary thinking he could pull the missing princess out of hiding with her horses. Not the most well thought out plan but if she hadn't noticed duchess it might have worked.

It was only when Seth was down the road she dashed to catch up taking duchess's reins and cooing to her softly. "It's okay lovely one." she told the white and tan mare. "No one will hurt you again I promise." then without any assitance she mounted just as a squire would, which considering she was supposed to have no idea how to ride like a man was impressive.

"That man was a mercenary wasn't he?" she question once they were far enough along the road. "The New King must've counted bodies quicker then expected, that means the safe house might be comprimised so were going to have to be careful...."

Seth had seen past the clever concealment of a blade knowing that possibly he was trying to draw out the Princess to her mothers horse, a royal horse of which it seemed Lana to had noticed such a thing and thought ahead. He was glad no questions seemed to be asked and the payment was ample. Slowly the guard started to lead the two horses away once they were paid for.

Hearing her voice he turned to see that the princess had surprisingly mounted quite well as if she was used to it, even mounting just like how a squire would which was impressive. Hearing the question slowly he nodded "You would be correct about such a thing, a hired man looking for money,.. of which I bet the new king has quite a reward on you.."

Slowly he nodded once more before managing a smile "It will be alright,.. even if I have to draw a blade to protect you, I will if it is to save you.." His smile slowly disappeared as he now mounted his own stallion before looking over at her "Come now Squire.. we must make slight haste, "

Back
Top Bottom