Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Troublesome Little Kitty (gray and I)

Fancy_Brat

Pulsar
"Geez...how could this have happened? This came at the worst possible time." Soft footsteps pounded against the puddles in the street. It was late evening, when most people were already asleep. However, there was one individual who wasn't going to be sleeping well this evening. A powerful thunderstorm had come about over the large city, sending a torrential downpour of rain on the sleeping city. Puddles quickly formed and the sidewalks and streets were a bit slippery now. It would be considered crazy for anyone to be out in a storm like this, but there just happened to be someone like that, and it wasn't someone you would expect. the figure continued through the streets, suddenly losing her footing and she slipped, falling face-first onto the sidewalk.

The young neko whined softly as she pushed herself up onto all fours. Her kind were quite rare in these large cities, and they were usually taken in as pets. She had short black hair with beautiful emerald green eyes. She also had a pair of large cat ears and a tail, which was a bit messed up from the rain. She wore a simple white tanktop with a long sleeved jacket which barely reached down past her waist. Below, she only wore a pair of bright pink panties. Around her neck was a small red collar, which had the name, 'Mimi'. She whined softly as she found a nearby bench, which was used by people waiting for a bus. She slowly crawled over, hiding underneath. The wooden bench had a few holes in it and a lot of water could still get in. She jumped in surprise as a loud boom of thunder rang. She shivered as she bundled up trying to warm herself. There was no way she'd get to sleep tonight.

Head leaning lightly against the side of the bus, Ein's bright blue eyes glazed over as the rain started to pour down, sitting in silence as the only passenger on this late night bus. In appearance he seemed normal enough, medium short wheat blond hair, slightly tanned skin, and dressed in a grungy gray jacket over his white shirt and dark blue jeans. His hands were covered in fingertip-less gloves and a small umbrella sat by his side.

All he wanted to do right, now, was get home before the storm got worse, and as he exited the bus, bringing up his umbrella as he did so, his mind had not wavered from that plan, however, the man soon found himself ignoring all those thoughts.

Standing there, staring as the bus drifted off over the hill, Ein's gaze had been drawn to the bench were he had been let off. Was that... a body? Crouching down, he gingerly reached out a hand, pausing suddenly as he saw the form jump slightly, and saw the end of a tail. A neko! Eyebrows raised for a moment, he bit his lip and then lightly nudged her shoulder. "Are you... Alright?" He ventured.

The young neko jumped once again as she felt something nudge at her shoulder. Was it the police? She had a few run-ins with the police before since she would always try to steal food. They would always catch her, but seeing as she was homeless, they would leave her alone. Even at this moment, she was extremely hungry. The only thing that she had gotten to eat today was an apple that was a bit dirty and a loaf of bread that she stole. Slowly, she turned her gaze to look at the figure, expecting the worst.

Her eyes widened slightly with surprise as she stared back at the human before her. His clothing wouldn't suggest that he was a policeman. She wasn't sure what to say to him. After all, she had grown so close with many humans, but a certain 'habit' of hers had lost their interest in her, and she was always on the streets. She let out a small mew, clearly scared. Not only was the environment worrying her, but she knew nothing of this human. "Um...y-yes..." she said, her voice a little shaky. She was still shivering quite a bit, and she let out a small sneeze. She had been out in the rain for a few hours now, and she hadn't found any shelter.

Hearing her light mew, and the words that followed it, Ein found it a hard task to keep from feeling overly sorry for her. Sitting silent for a moment, he finally moved, reached his other hand out so the umbrella stretched over them both. Still silent, he simply looked at her for a time, her clothes, the condition she seemed to be in, and finally, back to her eyes, finding them admittedly fascinating. At last, he spoke once more.

"You don't have anywhere to do do you?" He simply stated, not really a question with the way he said it, none the less, he waited for her answer, feeling that pressing to fast or to harshly would be a mistake, she seemed a little skittish. Tilting his head, he continued to look into her eyes, hoping she would think he was being a little strange, and also hoping he wasn't making and ass of himself. As a final note, he asked one other, thing, seeing the words on her collar. "Mimi... Thats your name isn't it?"

The little neko still cowered a bit under the bench, not sure what to make of this human. Even if she wanted to run, she was trapped inside, and that wasn't a feeling she enjoyed. She looked up a bit as she noticed the umbrella over her head now, shielding at least her upper body from the rain. She stared back at him, a little curious now. He was certainly acting very kind to her, and it didn't take much for her to feel trusting towards a human.

"N-no...I don't." she said, her voice very soft. She let out another little sneeze, her head tapping against the bench gently. "Ow..." sh whined, rubbing her head gently. "I..." She had spoken up, but quickly silenced herself. She paused for a few seconds before speaking up again. "M-my last master got rid of me. Nobody would take me in..." she said, fiddling a bit with the collar around her neck. She turned to him again as he mentioned her name. The collar was given to her by her first master, who was very kind to her. Unfortunately, a little mishap made her master regretfully give her away. She nodded slightly at his question, starting to lose her shy behavior.

For a moment, it seemed he would say nothing more, simply looking at her, lost in thought. Finally however, a sigh issued from his lips, and he shook his head, a smile on his lips none the less. Reaching out a hand, he offered it to her, helping her out from under the bench, as she came out, he removed his jacket, throwing it over her shoulders. Even though she had one, it obviously wasn't doing much good against the wet and cold, plus, his his a bit longer, and would shield her legs partly as well.

Standing up now, he looked down to her, twirling his fingers and offering her his hand once again, still holding the umbrella with the other. "Well come on then, lets go, my place is just down the block." He said, making it sound as if it was the most casual thing in the world. Truthfully, he knew he might regret this, and knew it likely was not a smart choice, but he knew this is now it would end up anyway, after seeing her like that, there was no way he could possibly leave her. "I'm martin, he noted, his smile becoming a little more friendly as the idea settled in.

Mimi also seemed a bit unsure of what to do, just staring at the human before her. Sure, he was much nicer than the others she had run into, but who knows what he could do? She knew very well that some people would gain your trust and deceive you at some point, but she could sense no such feeling from him. She could tell he was different. Maybe he would accept her strange nature. Then again, she hadn't mentioned that to him, and figured it would be best not to at the moment.

She let out a surprised sound as he reached his hand in, offering it to hers, which she took without thinking. She felt a little weak on her legs from all the running she had done, along with the fall earlier. "W-what?" she muttered, surprised at his words. Was he really going to let her stay with him? She felt much warmer when he placed his jacket around her, her ears flattening against her head. He was far too kind. "M-martin..." she repeated, taking some time to remember his name. She looked again at his offered hand, slowly moving her own hand to take his. He certainly had some soft hands. "T-thank you..." she muttered, a little embarrassed.

Smiling lightly, finding her embarrassment a little cute, he simply shrugged, realizing she was likely a little confused, he had after all, only just met her. "It's nothing... and, I'm sorry.. I know I'm being rather sudden." He admitted, glancing at her with these last words, not really sure what he was saying. Inside his head, part of him was in shock at what he had done. 'Have I just taken in a stray?' he thought to himself, pondering the idea as he began to walk down the sidewalk.

It did not take long to reach his house, a small little cozy thing, left to him by his grandfather, who had raised him, opening the door with the turn of a key, he hustled the two of them inside, just as a loud boom of thunder sounded overhead. Taking off his boots as the first thing, he went about unbundled himself, thinking still about what to do now that he had her in his home. Standing for a moment, having dressed down to his pants and shirt, he took a moment to look her over in proper light, realizing she was without pants of any kind. Ignoring this for now, he focused on something he thought might be more important, trying to find a way to break the silence. "Would you... like something to eat?"

She looked back up to him at his words, finding herself already getting comfortable with him. This was perhaps the quickest she had felt close with a human, even though they only knew each other for a few minutes. She made sure to stay close to him as they walked, still jumping every now and then with each boom of thunder over them. She really was quite cute, much like a wandering stray kitty in search for a home. She looked around as they walked, hoping to reach his home soon. Luckily, they had indeed gotten there, and the second she stepped in she heard the thunder boom outside again.

She whined slightly as she moved inside, dripping wet and getting his floor all wet. She wasn't sure what to do about her clothing, especially since she had so little of it and she was drenched. She took a little time to look around in the room. "It...looks so nice." she thought, turning back to face him. "Um...y-yeah." she said, not sure if she should get so comfortable here. She was only expecting to stay for the night. "Um...if it's too much trouble, I'll just leave in the morning. I don't really want to burden you too much." She still stood in the same spot, a small puddle forming around her.

Luckily for him, Martin thought that he had made the right choice in bringing Mimi here. These days, neko's weren't exactly under the best living circumstances, especially in this city. Looking at her, he could certainly believe it. Finally, he snapped out of his thoughts and returned to reality, nodding lightly. At her last words however, he only smiled, shaking his head ever so slightly. "Hmm, well, lets get you fed first, then we can talk about that." He suggested, motioning for her to follow him into the kitchen, his feet now bare upon the hardwood floors.

Pausing for a moment, he looked back at her soaking wet, and ducked into the bathroom for a moment, coming back with a dark green towel. "Here, you can dry off wherever you'd like, I'll go make something to eat and get you something to wear if you'd like." And with that, he left to do just that, giving her a little privacy if she wanted to get out of her soaked clothes.

(I thought his name was Martin? XD)

"W-well, ok then." she said, deciding to follow him into the kitchen. It had been such a long time since she had a really good meal. In fact, all her previous masters all had their own little knack for cooking, and she was able to try many different things. She was quite interested to see what he would have in store for her. Her stomach growled softly as she stepped into the kitchen, picking up a faint smell of food. How she missed this kind of environment. She had to hold herself back from running around the kitchen and stealing some of the food she saw. She wasn't going to lose his trust so easily.

As she walked, her little puddle of water would follow, her torn shoes making soft squeaks as she shuffled around. She watched him disappear, only to return with a towel for her to use. "Ah...thank you." she said, wrapping herself tightly in it. "That would be great." she said, trying to give him a little smile. She then moved off to find a room to dry off in, leaving a trail of water. If he wanted to find her he'd just have to follow it. She moved into what appeared to be a bedroom. She slowly closed the door and began to remove her jacket, dropping it on the floor for now. She stayed in her bra and panties, wrapping the towel around herself as she started to dry herself off. She took some time to look around in the room. Was this where he slept? She moved over to the bed, feeling how soft it was and she couldn't resist jumping on it.

((Haha, sorry about that, I changed it, got mixed up with another roleplay. Xp))

Given the fact that he was still worried about her condition, health wise at least, Martin decided that soup would probably be the best thing to help ward off any impending cold or flu she may have acquired from laying out in the rain. With this in mind, he set out to whip up a suitable tasting broth, thankful for his minor skill in cooking, something living alone had taught him. Soon enough, he had it finished, having added some toasted garlic bread to go with it, he carried it on a tray with a glass of milk, smiling as he followed the trail of water she had left behind in her wake.

Finding it ended at a closed door, the one leading to his bedroom to be exact, he gave a brief knock, not sure if he should enter. "I have your food ready, is it alright if I come in?" He asked, not wanting to barge in on her if she was still changing.

Mimi had been hopping around on the bed for a while that she had forgotten that Martin might walk in to find her messing around. She heard the knock at the door, crawling off the bed and heading back to her jacket on the floor. She wrapped herself again in the towel, moving towards the door. She wasn't exactly one to be embarrassed if anyone had walked in on her. It didn't really occur to her how strange the situation might be. She opened the door herself, staring intently at him as he stood there. "Yeah! Come in." she said, taking some time to look over the food on the tray.

Smiling a bit as she opened the door, he nodded his thanks, walking in after her and setting the tray down upon the table next to his bed. "It's all yours." He said, moving away and taking a seat upon the bed. Looking at the trail of water left over, he decided he could clean it later, knowing there were more pressing things to look into. Looking to Mimi, he decided to be blunt about it, having come to his conclusion while he was making her dinner. "About what you said, about leaving in the morning..." Biting his lip, he paused, wondering how she would react. "Well, I can't be sure but... You don't have a place to go right?" Another pause, before he shook his head, knowing he was avoiding the issue. "In any case, if you don't, you can stay here for now if you'd like."

Mimi watched as he came in, her gaze turning to the food he had on the platter. She could tell it was mainly for her health at this point and to get some food in her. It didn't matter since it looked really good nonetheless. She headed over to hop onto his bed in front of the table, starting to eat some of the soup. She pulled back a bit as she had not thought about how hot it would be. "Huh?" she asked, turning to face him as he started to speak. "Well, no. My last master put me in the streets since I was acting bad." she said, her ears flattening a bit against her head. They suddenly popped up again at his offer. "W-what? Really?" She didn't want to take full advantage of the offer, but it certainly was better than worrying about food on the streets. "Well...if you're fine with me, then I will take you up on that offer." she said. "I just don't know if I can hold myself back..."

Glad that she seemed to like what he had made for her, Martin was silent as he listened to her. Kitting back on his head, he cocked his face to the side at her last comment. "Hold yourself back?" He questioned. "From what?" For now, he had ignored her comment about her acting bad, having a feeling it might be a touchy subject and leaving it alone for the moment.

Outside, the storm was only getting worse, thunder and lighting crashing about out in the onslaught of rain. Taking a moments break from watching her, he looked out the window, watching the rain bat against the glass before turning his attention back to his guest.

(Oh, sorry for not clarifying, but for me, italics are for thoughts. In this case, let's just say she said it under her breath.)

Mimi turned her head to face him, a bit surprised at his question. She did not think that he would have heard her when she said it so softly. "Ah..! It's nothing really!" she said, letting out a nervous chuckle. If he had gotten word of her habits, then he might not let her stay with him anymore. She had only just gotten here. She would jump slightly every now and then as the thunder boomed outside the window, resisting the urge to just jump at him and hold onto him.

(Ah, sorry about that, I'm used to them being used to stress importance on a phrase. Thanks, I'll remember from now on.)

Silent for a moment, he finally gave a small shrug, deciding not to press the matter. "Well, if your sure.." He uttered, falling back into silence for a while, listening as the storm grew more and more violent, thankful for the solidness of the house. After this pace of brief silence, he spoke once more, still trying to be delicate with what he asked. "Is there... anything you would like? Your free to take a bath or to help yourself to more food if you would like, or anything really." Shrugging again, he gave a light smile. "I don't really know much about you after all do I? Maybe we should get to know each other."

The awkward silence made both of them feel rather uncomfortable. She would have spoken up, but he had already went ahead and spoken up. She wasn't sure if she needed anything. She had always made food her first thing to look for. She had of course gone days without a good bath. "W-well, if it's all right, I could take a bath later." She continued to eat what he had made for her, a soft purr residing in her throat. She turned again to face him. "Well, what would you like to know?"

Nodding and giving a light smile, he was quite glad for something to talk about. "Alright, your free to whenever you would like." He offered, standing up for a moment to go to the window, closing the curtains to dampen the sound of the banging thunder outside. Sitting back down next to her, he considered the question. "Well, anything really, where are you from, why did your master throw you out... And well, what kind of person are you anyway?" He inquired, smiling lightly as he spoke.

"Ah..thank you very much." she said. It had been such a long time she she had a nice long bath. She remembered that when she was on the streets she would run around in sprinklers or fountains. She was quite thankful that he had shut the window. "Where am I from?" She paused to think about it. "I don't really remember, but I know it was some forest from far away. I was brought from there by my first master. He was very kind, but I had been too much trouble for him so he gave me away to someone else. However, it was just a chain of finding a master and being thrown out." she said. "Um, I don't really know how to describe myself. It would have to be from someone else perspective."

His frown was all the emotion he let himself show for the story she gave him, feeling horrible for the circumstances she had been living in, yet knowing pity was something that often upset people. Shaking his head, he replaced it with a smile, taking a sip of the tea he had also brought in for himself. Biting his lip, a habit he had when he was thinking, the man finally nodded looked back to her, speaking at last. "Well... I've only just met you, so I can't quite say what kind of person I think you are... But I think.." Pausing here, he smiled again, realizing he didn't really have a choice in the matter, there was just something about her that made him want to help. "I think I'd like to find out. Would you like to stay?" He said, adding quickly after. "Not just for the night I mean, but for however long you need, to be honest, I wouldn't mind having some company."

Mimi just stared back at him as he listened. It certainly was a hard thing for her to talk about, but she felt quite comfortable around him to tell him everything. After having it happen so many times, she was really used to it. Her ears perked up at his suggestion. Was he really going to let her stay with him? Of course she was happy about that idea, but she then remembered what had happened at all her previous master's homes. But he seemed so kind and understanding. Maybe he would accept her behavior. "D-do you really mean it?" He could easily tell that she wanted to stay, and she just wanted to make sure he was really offering.

Smiling at her at her inquisition, Martin nodded his head with a warm grin. "Welcome home." He said simply, adjusting himself and sitting down upon the bed next to her. Perhaps he was being hasty, not knowing all that much about her still, but he felt it was the right choice, and besides, he was already rather quite fond of her. For some time now, he had been quite lonely, it would be nice to have someone else in the house to talk to. Still smiling, he moved a hand to the top of her head, patting lightly, not really thinking about what he was doing, it simply felt right. "It's not much, but I hope you'll be comfortable here."

Mimi felt a little warm feeling go through her body. She didn't think that he would be offering her to live with him. Of course, with all her previous masters, she had been kicked out after a few days. She was going to try her best to keep it together while she was here. Her ears flattened against her head and a soft purr resided in her throat as he patted her head. She gently pushed more against his hand before she looked back up at him. "Thank you. I will try not to be too much of a bother." she said. It was almost like deja vu. She had pretty much said that to every master she had been with.

Back
Top Bottom