Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fancy Brat // Chaos Lord

Chaoslord29

Super-Earth
The ready rooms beneath the arena were far stifling with infernal heat and the stink of brimstone, clumps of sand caked with blood and the barred iron cages that housed the various victims were dimly lit by torches burning a dim red. All things concerned their were few places in his Pit that were more foul and foreboding, even by Rakator's standards, but as the demon prince strode along the cells he was far from displeased. It was here that the mortals and other contestants were housed in between their matches and brief spectacle up in the sand of the arena, and one such as he could practically bask in the fear, despair and misery of the various unfortunates.

Rakator's demonic visage cracked a pleased grin as he reviewed some of their newest acquisitions, his fangs barred as he brushed black, quill like locks up from his amber eyes and regally sloping horns. He wore a dark leather tunic open at the chest to reveal his gore red flesh, rippling with barely contained strength. His wings flexed briefly, causing the torches to shutter as he ran one of his cruel black claws along the closest cell's bars, peering in at the miserable wretch inside, so recently plucked from her previous existence, unaware of the horrors that awaited her at his whim. "Awaken, little mortal." He said aloud, his voice ringing with preternatural authority as his predatory gaze fell upon her form chained to wall across from him.

In the cell was a young female held by chains. Soft little clangs could be heard on the chains as they wrapped around little bits of body armor. The young elven girl slowly stirred as he spoke up. She felt a stinging pain in the back of her head, and she remembered something from earlier. She had been training the younger soldiers in her kingdom for an ongoing war, and before she knew it they were attacked. She was certain it was the enemy, but they used weapons and abilities she thought were impossible. In the mayhem, she was smacked across the back of the head and blacked out. As she opened her eyes, she could feel the strain in her arms and legs from the chains, and her eyes shot open in realization of her bindings.

"Where is this?! Who are you?" she called, looking at the demon before her. She carried a fearsome expression, but at the same time she was rather intimidated by his appearance. She was quite a pretty young thing, one someone wouldn't assume would involve themselves in war. she had long golden hair that carried down to her back, and she had pretty emerald green eyes. Her curvy young body was covered in an impressive suit of body armor. Her C-cup breasts were covered by the breastplate. Her eyes narrowed bit at him, annoyed by his little comment. "What are you planning to do with me? Release me at once!"

Rakator laughed aloud, the sound full of scorn and boasting, carrying with it a dissonant quality like several voices or a more bestial creature that should not be capable of speech. After centuries mortal's capacity for self-delusion and tendency to mask fear with reproach and anger still amused him, though the spirit behind her words was stronger than many he had seen. Rakator snapped his fingers and a loop of chain fell from the ceiling to loop around her neck, squeezing not quite tightly and icy cold against her flesh despite the stifling heat around her. "You are in my home, and you will show respect accordingly." He said assured and chiding, as if speaking to a child who had caused some petty annoyance.

He dragged a taloned finger over the lock, causing it to click and the door to swing open, allowing him to stride inside. He seemed to loom over her far more than the low bars of the cell's ceiling should allow and as he smirked the chains pulled more tightly, forcing her to stretch nearly spread eagled against the wall. "Speak your name and I will explain your purpose, which should be all to apparent, even for so blunt a mortal in the face of one such as I."

The young elf girl grumbled softly as he laughed at her. If she had not been in these chains she would have went to smack him across the face. As a general back at her kingdom, she wasn't going to take any back talk from anybody. "your home? You call these lousy pile of crap your home? I don't see how you can bear to live in such a place and expect your guests to do the same." she said. Her struggling in her chains had ceased for now, just watching him approach her. She had never seen such a creature like him, and wasn't exactly sure what to think of him.

Now that he was inside with her, she was completely at his mercy. Of course, if he was going to kill her, he should have just gotten it over with already. As he came up in front of her, she could see just how much bigger he was then her. Yet she had taken out enemies as big as him before. "I do not think you are in any position to ask of my name, but seeing as you're probably just going to kill me, I think I have no choice." She paused as she gave a little sigh. "I am Miranda, 1st General of the Kingdom of Kylier. Even so, I think it is proper etiquette to give your own name before asking someone else's."

"Proper etiquette between peers and equals perhaps." He replied offhandedly, as his eyes unabashedly traced the curves of her figure through her armor. "As for the state of my home, I don't doubt your prisoners or slaves are treated much the same way. " He stepped closer and affixed his fiery gaze to her eyes as he leaned in close, barely a foot away from her face, "And as far as your life is concerned, whether you live or die is entirely up to you." The ambient heat of the pit was nothing compared palpable aura of searing power and dark radiance that now pressed in against her. Rakator reflected that it was not often a high ranking general such as she took to the circumstances in which she had been captured. Her experience and rank said much about her spirit and potential as a combatant in the arena. He stretched out a claw and let the razor edge brush trail languidly up her neck and over her chin leaving not a mark on her fair skin before he turned away haughtily.

"I am Rakator, Demonic Prince, Champion of Khorne, Lord of this Pit and Master of all who reside here, which now includes you," He looked back over his shoulder with a mocking smirk, "General Miranda." He laughed and flexed his powerful pinions, and seeming to fill up all the space before her as he turned back to face her. "All mortals who reside here live and die by my will, and it is my will that those mortals who wish to keep their lives devote such pitiable existence as they have to my entertainment."

Miranda was already getting quite annoyed with him. He could talk all he wanted with her all tied up like this. "Tch. Even our servants and prisoners have a lighter punishment than this." she said, catching him staring over her body. Hopefully he wasn't looking to do as she was thinking. It would only give her more reason to pummel him later on. "Exactly. I control my own way of living. To think I would let my life be in the hands of someone such as yourself is insulting." Of course, as a general, she was very used to talking down on the people below her. He was certainly not her king, so she had no reason to bow down to him. She took some time to look over him as well. He certainly had some things to brag about. He was quite fit, and being a demon perhaps added to the natural strength he would have.

She didn't look the slightest bit impressed with his little introduction. "Rakator? You'd think that if you were as good as you say, I would have at least heard your name somewhere. It's a shame that I wouldn't get the chance until now. Of course, now that I see you, I was hoping for more." she said. she couldn't care less about what was coming from her mouth. He had done nothing that would impress her yet, so she had no reason to show any respect.

Her words slowly changed Rakator's assured smirk to a scornful sneer and as she finished, he considered a moment before his hand shot forward, grabbing the chain around her neck and with a seemingly effortless action, wrenched her from the wall, chains, restraints and all. The bars behind her bent and twisted as the chains were pulled from them, straining and tweaking her limbs with the force they exerted. With her freed from the wall, but still bound up in the chains, he pulled down hard on the chain at her neck his claws brushing against her chin not so lightly now and forced her to her knees before him. "Perhaps I should make it clear to you just why it is my words carry such weight, little fool." His words were like steel cooled in malice as he spoke. "I am lord of this pit not through the authority of words or laws or any such civilities as you are used to. I rule in this place because my power is absolute and my strength unapproachable. My word is law and those who defy endure more torment and suffering than any they could imagine." He pulled up her head to force her to look into his burning amber eyes. "You will remember this, if you want to live the rest of your life free of such pains."

Miranda could see this demon's expression start to change as she spoke. She could tell that she probably wasn't going to be getting off with just that look. For a moment it seemed like he wasn't going to do anything, but he had suddenly grabbed the chain around her neck, pulling her from the wall. She winced in pain with the strain of the chains on her body. In the process, some of her limbs had been pulled back quite uncomfortably, but not broken. She felt his claw at her chin again, but he was moving it over her skin hard enough to scratch her. She grunted as she was forced to her knees. She had never had to bow to anyone else other than her king. She growled softly as he spoke up again, forcing her to look up at him. "Tch, try me. I refuse to have any of this torment."

Rakator smiled once again now, his gaze boring into hers with all the menace of a predator clutching a tiny morsel in it's talons. "Oh?" He asked, voice dripping with mock innocence, "You reject your choice without yet knowing what you stand to lose? Or even to gain?" He asked, before dropping her chin and releasing the chains from her. He stood and shrugged dismissively. "I didn't realize you were one to give up so quickly. Here I thought a warrior such as yourself would show some relish for the challenge ahead of her, but I suppose we can always just leave you here to rot, if that's what you'd prefer." He turned as though to leave and opened the cell door with a push.

She merely growled softly at him as he released her chin. She clearly didn't like how he was treating her like a little bug on the ground. Despite her own pride at stake here, Miranda could tell that he was indeed more powerful than any opponent she had faced. He could have easily disposed of her right there. He seemed to have gone to so much trouble to catch her, and was looking to keep her alive for his entertainment. "Tch, who said I was giving up?! I'm not going to allow myself to die in this hell hole! And you're going to tell me to how to get the hell out of here!" she cried, standing on her feet now.

Exiting the cell, Rakator turned back and drummed one of the bars with his talons. "Simple. Survive the challenges of the arena with your life and your sanity intact and you shall have what you desire." He said. "That rule is applied to all who enter the ring, and it shall hold true for you as well. Should you prove victorious." He laughed scornfully and peered down at her as though regarding nothing more than a stain on a boot. "Of course, not so many of the other contestants have as lofty of goals as you." He could already picture just how popular this Elven General would be in the sands, whether in victory or defeat they would call for her return, and he would be only to willing to oblige. Of course, he looked forward to her inevitable defeat, but in the mean time, a little hope might add to her spirit. "You will be provided with food and the weapon of your choice prior to your first match. The cell itself will rise up and open into the arena so don't worry about escape. Still, you might just give the denizens of the pit a good show." He turned his back on her with a final fiendish smirk and flapped his mighty pinions, pushing her backwards in her cell with the sheer force they made. "Best of luck."

Miranda grumbled as she heard that there would be challenges, with her participating. She didn't exactly like that idea, but it was her only means of escape if she could win. She had a lot of confidence in her combat abilities, so she figured she would be just fine with these challenges. Her freedom was as good as hers. "Hmm? What's that supposed to mean?" she muttered, hearing about other contestants. she knew she wasn't the only prisoner here. It seemed he just liked to toss in women into the arena for his amusement. She just listened to what he had to say about the arena procedure. She knew just what weapons she would use. As for food, she would expect a feast. that probably wouldn't happen though. She gasped as she was pushed back against the wall, growling softly at him. "Whatever. I hope you're not disappointed when I win."

Rakator was well pleased that she seemed so eager to compete now, and so eager to prove him wrong. That would make her fight all the harder he knew, and perhaps it would be good to nurture that in her for now at least. Striding into the ground level he informed the, Bellal the arena master that their newest acquisition should be prepped for a fight immediately, but one that she was likely to win. Once she had a bit of footing, Rakator would enjoy it all the more once it came crashing down. For now though, he moved off to visit one of the other new additions to their combatants as Bellal made the arrangements.

Back at Miranda's cell, several of the bricks behind her moved out of place, sliding to form a small opening and a tin tray with several dark rolls and a slab of charred but palatable meat on it along with a mealy slop. "The Master said you're up next, so eat fast. If you win, they'll be more later." A gruff voice that couldn't possibly pass as human said through the opening before it closed shut.

Miranda watched as the wall behind her started to separate, showing an entrance of some sort. She would have went to perhaps escape, but she saw the platter slide in, without seeing who put it in there. For now, she just took the meat, taking some bites of it. Despite the conditions she was living in, the food tasted amazing. "Tch, of course I'm going to win. you don't even have to mention that to me."

---

While she was eating, Rakator had been wandering around the cells, spotting out more of the new arrivals. His next arrival would be a beautiful kitsune. At the moment, she was sitting on the floor of her cell, just looking around. She was rather fearful since she wasn't aware of where she was, but she did a good job of hiding it. Her name was Rika, a well-known samurai in her home. she had long black hair which was tied back in a ponytail, and she had cool blue eyes. She was wearing a beautiful red robe with intricate designs on it. Her robe was covering her D-cup breasts, which had been wrapped with bandage wrap to press them closer against her chest. It would help with movement. she had been here for a while with no food, and she still didn't know what she was doing here.

As Miranda was finishing her meal, Rakator moved to the front of the cell where Rika was held. She was a truly stunning creature to be hold, with all the exotic beauty of the elven general, but with a softer quality that would play to a specific appetite for the arena viewers. They had done very well in capturing her. Conjuring to his hand a wineskin and tray of fruits, he decided to try a different tactic with this one. Entering the cell he looked on her and spoke in a mocking tone, "Rise and shine vixen."

Rika turned her head suddenly as she saw him standing there in front of her cell. She tried to move away from him, though her chains wouldn't help her any. At least her tails were free to sway gently behind her. She watched as he came in with the tray of fruit and wineskin. She didn't know what he was planning to do, but from the looks of things, he was trying to coax her. she paused as she didn't quite look him in the eyes. "Are you the one who brought me here?"

Rakator was all smiles as he approached her using his tail to reach up behind him and hold the wineskin as he held up a piece of fruit and swayed it tantalizingly in front of her. "Not personally." He answered with a casual air. "Though I am responsible for you now. More so than you yet know." He smiled and offered the fruit to her, "Care for a bite?" He asked. "I assure you it's quite delicious."

~~~

Back in her cell as Miranda had finished her meal the wall seemed to rotate in place, showing for her viewing pleasure all the manner of weapons arrayed before her. A single brick moved aside and the voice spoke through it again, "You may take as many weapons as you can carry, your match will start momentarily."

Rika watched him carefully as he balanced the wineskin. He was dangling the apple in front of her like she was a pet of his. She didn't want to accept any treatment like that, but she knew not to provoke him. she was completely unarmed, so there was nothing she could do anyway. She hook her head gently at the offer. "No...I'm not hungry."

---

After Miranda had finished the meal, she was feeling quite full from it. she was surprised at the quality of the meal despite being a slave here. She watched as the wall suddenly had a large supply of weapons. She quickly grabbed for a large blade, as well as a bow and quiver of arrows. She strapped the quiver to her waist, the sword on her back.

Rakator laughed and took a large bit out of the apple in front of her, well within a foot of her face. His breath was infernally hot against her face as he stood so close and then proceeded to take a long pull from the wineskin. "That's a real pity. Is there anything else you might need that I can get you?" He offered, "I'm sure you have your needs and your wants, like all mortals." He was baiting her, trying to find out what it was that she valued. So far she was surprisingly cool and collected, a well disciplined warrior in spite of all appearances.

~~~

As she finished securing the weapons, Miranda's cell shook and seemed to well up from underneath her, even as the bricks of the roof moved out of the way above her and the entirety of the cell moved up and out and into the light. Sand and dust showered down onto her and the glowing red light of the ceiling of the pit washed around her temporarily blinding her as she came up into the center of the arena. The crowds cheered and that gruff voice she had heard before rang throughout the stadium, "Presenting the newest warrior to enter the arena. The indomitable Elven warrior, General Miranda!" The crows of demons in every shape and size rose to their feet and cheered, some hovering in mid air or perched on the walls of the arena. The arena was around fifty yards in diameter, filled with a light layer of sand and beneath it brick, with a quartet of columns spread evenly throughout it. The walls were lined with spikes and blades and the columns had several rings of curved blades, the lowest at ankle and neck level on a humanoid. "In a classic match up for newcomer she'll be facing off against the ancient foes of elves, hobgoblins!" Three grated portcullises rose and about a dozen hobgoblins emerged from then, yelling and rattling their shields.

Rika continued to try and move away from him, not really finding space to do that. He had her pretty much in the corner of her cell. She close her eyes a bit as his breath washed over her. It was clearly not the most pleasant scent. she was trying to figure out what exactly he was looking to get out of this conversation. She had denied the apple earlier since he may have done something to it, but that clearly wasn't the case here. "That may be true. As of now, I have nothing I need." Of course, that was a lie in itself as right after, her stomach growled lightly. she kept her calm expression though.

---

Miranda waited a while in the cell, a bit surprised as the cell began to shake. she nearly stumbled, but managed to keep her footing. she looked up, seeing the ceiling was gone and she was being raised up to a bright light above her. she covered her eyes with her arms as she came up into the arena, the loud atmosphere quickly surrounding her. She certainly wasn't used to being in such an atmosphere. The closest she got to this was on the battlefield. She let her eyes adjust, now looking around to see the arena covered in some rather brutal blades and spikes. She couldn't believe these demons were actually cheering for her, and she was even more annoyed when that demon began speaking again. Her brow twitched slightly as she found out who her opponents were. Before her, the gates were opened and he group of hobgoblins came out ready to attack. "You're kidding me..." she muttered to herself. She had dealt with these pests before, so she wasn't expecting much from them.

Rakator let out a callous laugh as her stomach growled audibly. "Perhaps you're not clear on exactly how this works," He took another bit of the apple before dropping it to the ground, barely half eaten and picking up a peach from the platter. "You are a prisoner, here in my domain, and whatever it is that you want and need will be given to you only at my discretion. I would take advantage of my generosity if I were you." He said, voice still icy cool as he took a bite from the succulent fruit and took another pull from the wineskin. Her pride and spirit were problems, like Miranda's, but she didn't seem nearly as intent on open defiance as the elf.

~~~

Scimitars and spears raised the Hobgoblins charged her. Taller but about as strong as the average human, the Hobgoblins were the more militaristic of their lesser cousins and these were no exception. They kept their lines even, encircling her and as they moved in, as two of them through their spears at her from a fair distance, even as the others moved in with shields and swords, growling and yelling threats in their guttural tongue.

Rika just held her stomach fro now as he laughed. There was no denying how hungry she was. She watched as Rakator tossed the apple to the cell floor, picking up a bit of dirt, only to grab a peach from the platter. She still wasn't sure how she ended up here, but there really was no point in trying to fight him with her bindings. She watched as he ate in front of her, clearly mocking her. But if what he said was true, then she'd be able to get some food herself. "W-well, I suppose a little food would be nice." she said, still not quite looking up at him.

---

As the hobgoblins came charging at her, Miranda quickly prepared the bow and arrows. She had deadly aim, and it wasn't often that she missed her targets. She quickly shot of a few arrows at several of their heads, then grabbing the sword on her back, knocking away the lances that came at her. She could somewhat understand the threats they made, but was undeterred. She made a wide swipe at the incoming group, looking to knock them back.

Rakator looked to her with a victorious smirk on his lips and extended a clawed hand offering her the fresh side of the peach between two fingers, holding it just in front of her lips, the soft down on it's skin barely brushing against her. She would have to crane her neck forward in order to take a bite, but the slack in her chains would just allow it. His tail held the wineskin up and let the scent wash over her senses as well, piquing her thirst as much as her hunger.

~~~

Three of the hobgoblins fell to her bow, arrows protruding from their skulls with deadly accuracy. With the spears deftly deflected, the remaining green-skins formed up in a ring around her. The tallest figure rushed in at her front, clapping it's blade to it's shield in a protected feint as three more attacked from behind her off swinging their scimitars in unison.

The young kitsune felt rather odd being fed in this way. Back where she was from, she would not even think about something like this. It seemed like something on more of an intimate level. She felt the furry skin of the peach brushing up against her, and she moved forward a bit to take a good bite out of it. Some of the juice had slipped out down her cheek, but she wouldn't care about that right now. It was quite good, and he hadn't done anything to it. It still didn't change the fact that she had been brought here against her will.

---

Miranda watched them as they surrounded her. Despite just how strange and unintelligent they were, they had some very interesting ways of getting at her. She herself had not bothered to grab a shield, relying more on the body armor she had on. She could see the hobgoblins behind her, moving under their swings, letting her sword swipe at their waists. She still had the one charging at her though. She simply got up to charge at it, looking to knock him down by rushing into its shield.

Rakator turned the fruit in his fingers giving her a chance for another bite. His fingers brushed against her lips and she would be able to feel the heat that emanated from his gore colored flesh as he smiled wickedly. "Fruits are a luxury here in the pit, but I thought so special an acquisition such as yourself might care for a treat, given her current state. Of course, if you want more of anything, you will have to participate in the games." He dropped this last word lightly as he allowed her the next bite.

~~~

Glancing blows rattled off of Miranda's armor, hardly anything to worry about, considering the blows had cost the hobgoblins two of their number and the lead was now on his back, knocked flat by Miranda's considerable strength. The creatures had severely underestimated their smaller opponent and desperation had cost them their first chance. Those Hobgoblins which had not yet engaged were now reconsidering their strategy as the leader rolled over and scrambled away, dropping his shield and rising to hold his scimitar with both hands.

Back
Top Bottom