Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Royal Runaway (Distain and Autumn)

"There is a vast difference between being common and being noble, but perhaps not in the way you think. I've never met someone of a," she paused, trying to word her sentences carefully, "non-noble birth who acted as ungrateful as royalty. They do not appreciate their privileges and are spoiled into thinking they deserve having their lives handed to them on a silver platter. I was brought up this way, but it will not be hard to break such small-minded thinking. I think peasants far more deserving to be noble than those actually bred into it. If you mean that my mannerisms are entirely too proper, well, I cannot help that."

Her arms finally relaxing their stern grip, her body no longer crushing itself to hers. "There is a world of difference between that man and you. He is hardened and unkind while you are freely giving what you have to a strange woman. I look at you and I know you are anything but a peasant. He should bow to you." Her smile was gentle, her lips warm as they grazed his cheek. "I make no guarantees about staying here forever, but I will accept your aid and will hear nothing about refusing me to pay you. I will do what I think is right."

"There are some things i still have yet to teach you. Though i am not certain tonight is the time. I am rather tired after my day of working I will tell you tomorrow. " He smiled looking at her turning supporting her injured side walking her slowly to the down stairs bedroom. " Tomorrow morning i will carry you up stairs after breakfast. "

He smiled as he walked her over to her bed and stood there allowing her to decide when she would set down. His mind thinking back to his family history wondering if he should have kept walking much like he figured his sister did. He wondered if she could ever really feel for him or if this was all just because of the situation she had been placed in.

Gianna wasn't looking to be taught anything aside from how to do simple chores. She was not incompetent, but she had never had to cook or do cleaning. She was stripping herself of her title, reducing that noble birth and applying herself to living a simple life among the many. She would help ease his mundane tasks so long as she was staying with him, whether that be a month or just another day. She would not allow herself to impose without expecting to pull her weight around his abode.

As he led her to the chamber on the main floor, she shot him a sideways look. "Why would you carry me up there? I'm not going back up there!" She laughed, pointing down at her bandaged foot. When they reached the bedroom, she slid herself down onto the side of the bed. She reached down to pull off her shoe, sliding it underneath the bed. Her stocking and dress needed to be removed, but that would have to wait until after he left her alone. "I don't wish to hinder you from sleeping any longer." She looked around the dark room, trying to take in her surroundings.

"Do you want me to light you a lantern? I know it can be odd sleeping in a new place at night, and this home is not exactly designed to catch and bring in the light of the moon. " He looked at her taking the lantern from the table and reading it to be lit in case she would desire it be done so. "I would insist you hide during the day for at least a month until they give up there search for you. I know they will return since your horse was here. " He smiled looking into her eyes again his heart melting a bit when he did.

The girl audibly growled, her hands slapping lightly at the bed out of frustration. "The only way they would have known the existence of that horse is if the stable boy gave them the information. I paid him in confidence to purchase Flame for me. I was so arrogant to think that he would not betray me for a larger sum of money. I can only imagine my hand-maiden's face when she went to wake me only to find me missing. My mother must have been in a fret, but my father relieved because I have caused him so much agony through the years. I'm a little headstrong in case you have no noticed."

When he offered to light the lantern, she shook her head. "Stephen. . . " She began, nibbling on her bottom lip out of nervous behavior. "You say you've only lived with two women in your life. While I know the identity of one, I can only assume the other is your mother. Have you never had the comfort of laying next to a woman you loved?" She wasn't intending to pry, but sate her own curiosity instead. "I only mean to slumber next to someone, to reach out and have another body be nestled to yours? My big bed was always so cold, but I didn't desire for it to be filled by someone arranged for me. It's a bold request, one that defies propriety, but do you think you could. . . stay? With me, I mean. Just lay here for a little while?" Her eyes drifted to the floor, cheeks flushing brightly. She had been alone her entire life, though she had been surrounded by countless bodies. "I don't mean anything improper. . . just to share the bed?"

He chuckled to himself at the temper tantrum she was throwing about the stable boy. "I am sure he did not betray you based I'll intent. " He looked into her eyes smiling brightly just listening to her talk about her family and laughed loudly when she mentioned him not noticing she was head strong. He had become quite frustrated by her will and he had only known her for a short time.

When she began speaking of his prior story he set the lantern and match down moving over to set on the edge of the bed at her hip. He flushed a bit when she asked if he had laid with a woman in bed. "Men in my family are not known for there good decisions when it comes to women. I will not lie to you I have shared a bed with a woman. Though i have never stayed the night with one." He looked at her very much embarrassed his sister yelled at him several times for his trysts with the less then honorable women in the town.

"It is not often in my line of work when i meet women who you want to spend that time with. It is even more rare to find one who is interested in being with the blacksmith. " He looked into her eyes his hand reaching up slipping into her's holding it firmly. "I have rules about that, though if my sister heard me trying to put conditions on this she would accost me in ways no woman should hit a man. " He laughed softly looking into her eyes biting the inside of his lips firmly.

The way he spoke of his sister suggested beyond any actions of just how much he missed her. Though she may have been alive, she was very much a phantom in this house. Her touch remained with him, constantly haunting him. Gianna felt a deep sadness for him. She and her own sibling did not get along very well, thus she had always longed for a closeness with the girl. If he thought her a spoiled brat, her younger sister was the very epitome of the word. She wanted the fancy frills of her privileged life, and could not wait to be married to some strange man.

She felt somewhat battered when he said that though is virtues were no longer intact, he had never stayed with any of those women. Perhaps he wasn't the right sort of man for her, but at least he had felt the comfort of another warm soul. His hand slipped into hers, but her eyes refused to level with his. She suddenly regretted her decision, wishing she had not made herself so vulnerable by asking. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have suggested it. . ."

She pulled from him now, raising up her skirts in the dark to remove her stocking in a quick fashion so he would not see the bare skin of her leg. Crawling over to the opposite side of the bed, she simply lied back. Covers were wrinkled beneath her, the young woman not caring to pull them atop her. The other side of the bed closest to him was vacant, leaving it his choice as to what he did.

"If you truly wish to spend your night with me filling your bed then I do suppose that i could do that. Though I am not certain you want to anymore it appears maybe i revealed a bit to much about myself." He spoke softly standing he would be ready to leave if she chose to send him away he would not risk pushing her to hard. "If you do not mind i was wondering what inspired your original inquiry. " He looked at her biting his lip firmly he had clearly made several mistakes in the moments before she turned away.

It was going to take all the skill he had learned while he was dealing with his brother in law. He had never spent any time with a noble certainly not who was at all interesting in him for anything more then a craftsman. He would have to develop an inner check so that he would not say things that could offend her.

She couldn't have guessed his thoughts, but if she had been able to hear them she would have scolded him. Gianna did not wish to be treated differently from any other human being, nobility withstanding or not. She did not see herself as better than anyone else, nor did she want him to believe that either. She had chosen a different life for herself, and she wanted him to respect that.

His voice caused her to roll over that she was facing him, her arm extending toward the vacant side of the bed as an open invitation for him. "Curiosity for something I may never know. A loveless marriage doesn't sound appealing to me, nor did laying in the bed with a complete stranger. I just wondered what it would be like to have that place occupied, to be next to someone you cared about. To have someone hold you against them in silence, needing no words for company."

"Well I suppose i can forgo my normal position on the matter and give you that one request. " Never in his life had he been more grateful for cleaning up before coming in side at least partially. Normally he would not even dream of it after work he would not be someone one wanted to lay with. He moved to sit on the edge of the bed taking off his boots and his socks glad he was not wearing heavy cloths.

As he slid his shoes under the bed he turned to face her a questioning look on his face allowing her one final chance to send him away before laying down. He did not give her long though with in moments he pulled the covers back and slipped into the bed turning onto his side to face her. He was glad that the room was dark so she could not clearly see the way his nervousness was affecting him.

His words were stinging, like she was a burden and he felt obligated to give in to her request. "No, I don't mean that you're forced to do this. Please, if you're doing this because of my silly title or relation the king, I would certainly rather you didn't. I don't want to dampen your morals, Stephen. I'm just a curious woman, foolish really. You don't have-"

But he had already climbed inside and was pushing his legs underneath the blankets. Her arm was pulled back to her chest, hand tucked underneath her face. She could feel the nearness of his body; the warmth his flesh produced radiated over her skin. Dark hair fanned out on the pillow in a wild disarray. Heart pounded in her chest, the fingers of her right hand reaching out into the night. Finding his, she wrapped her small hand around his palm, simply holding on to it.

"You are not forcing me to dampen my morals and I am certainly not doing this because your a noble. I am simply passing up some things i would normally require because i do not wish to force you into doing something you do not wish to do. " He smiled as her hand gripped his and held him softly he bit his lip lightly wondering if he should attempt it.

His mind racing as to if he should see how far he could take this before he smiled softly. "My question is do you plan on sleeping all the way over there or is it your intention to actually to lay with me like you would someone you cared for." He bit his lip the way he worded it was not as soft or convincing as he had hoped. He wanted to hold her close threw the night be he was certain she would not react well if he tried and that was not what she wanted.

Gianna did not bother to verbally answer his question. Instead, the girl drew herself more closely to his body. The fabric of her dress brushed against his garments, creating a rustling in materials. She could feel the soft curves of her body molding against his, the surfaces of her thighs brushing his while her torso flexed to his chest with each intake of breath. "The truth is. . . I don't know how." She whispered, embarrassed of the admittance.

Turning over so that her back was facing his, she reached for his arm again. Tugging it across her sides, she tucked it over the firmness of her stomach. Head tilted back, resting against his shoulder. "Is it something like this?" She asked, trying her best to mimic a couple who showed their very best of affection.

"That one is nice but i think there are a better ways to lay close to someone. My favorite is this way." He bit his lip and very gently rolled her on her side so she was facing him his arm slipping under her neck giving it support his hand reaching around to rest on her back. His left arm moved resting his hand on her side holding her so her breasts where less then an inch from his chest. "Now if you take your leg and drape it over my waist then it is perfect. "

He wanted to pull her leg up but he would not be that bold as to touch her leg. "Also ... in this position it makes good night and good morning kisses much simpler. How do you like this one?" He smiled his eyes locked on her's his lips only a few inches from hers.

He was finally opening up to her, appeasing her instead of outwardly denying her such an innocent request. She felt safe with him, like no one could harm her so long as she was in his home. His hands rolled her back over to face him like she was his limber rag doll. Arm slithered under her neck, cradling her head while his hand bent to press to her back. The opposing arm simply held itself to her side, keeping her torso in close vicinity to his.

He spoke of kisses, his breath like a gentle breeze on her face which suggested his mouth was close to hers. Gianna reached down to her skirts, boldly raising them to her knees so that her legs were free to move around. Lifting her exterior one, she draped it across his waist as he had suggested. Her hand lifted to feel for his head, fingers diving into the strands. "I like it." She whispered, barely loudly enough for him to hear her.

Stephen smiled as she caressed him and looked draped her leg around him his heart was pounding and he had never felt happier in bed. "I have a strange question." He spoke softly nearly chew his cheek raw as he nipped at it nervously. "Have you ever kissed anyone... more then just letting your lips press together?" He figured that was the least obscene way to describe the kissing that he so enjoyed but was rarely able to perform.

He was still not certain if he wanted to kiss her yet or not but he was developing a strong curiosity about her. He smiled letting his forehead find her's in the dark knowing he was looking into her eyes but barely able to see them. He hoped that she could not feel his pulse in his arm as it pounded rapidly.

After all that she had been through, she doubted any question could be deemed as strange. It was strange that she had stolen a horse and ran away from a life of luxury. Strange was that she waltzed into the life of this stranger. Strange was when she found herself hanging upside down in his house. Strange was when she asked him to share the bed with her.

So, his question was perceived as anything but strange. She almost laughed, though it wouldn't have been because she thought his question absurd. Instead, it was because she had initially been afraid of what he was going to ask of her. "I kissed a So and So's Son from Somewhere when I was but a child. It meant nothing. . . just out of curiosity. Why? Do you want to kiss me?" She asked him, her chin tilting to bring her lips in closer.

"It is my rule about sleeping with a woman. I wont spend the night in bed with a woman if i have not kissed her. " He chuckled softly biting his lip hoping she would not realize he was blatantly avoiding the answer to her question. He smiled looking at her his hand rubbing her side lightly from her waist to her ribs and back. He was certainly not sure he wanted to see how she would feel about him kissing her.

"I ... I would love to kiss you though i do not want to force another meaningless kiss that you will not enjoy. " He smiled and decided she would probably prefer he be a bit more confident and taking the initiative. He leaned his lips in and pressed them softly against her's holding it for a moment before he began delicately working against her lips as he kissed her.

"Forgive my boldness, but does that rule apply here? I mean, are you confusing the action of actually laying next to a woman with other more. . ." she paused, trying to speak as smoothly as possible, ". . . carnal acts? Your rules seem to be about something deeper than this, than finding comfort in another soul."

His hand smoothed over her body, feeling the softness of her body. Again, he spoke of kisses. Yet, this time, he would not await an answer. Soft lips felt the purge of his to hers. She was hesitant for a moment, unsure of how to react. Finally, hers returned the gesture. Mouth parted, inviting him in to taste her. Body arched toward his, curvy torso pressing against him. Her leg tightened its grip, folding across his backside.

He let out a pleased groan as his tongue pressed itself into her mouth slightly at first dancing against her's. For several long moments he continued taking the kiss longer and deeper as his hands pulled her tightly to his chest. After nearly 2 minuets of kissing her pulled his lips from hers breathing deeply and quickly as he struggled to catch his breath his hands allowing her to move where she choose he was so grateful that she had not pulled away.

"I had no carnal intentions in my rule i simply thing that the best way for someone to tell how another person feels about you then the way they act when your lips meet. " He smiled pressing his forehead into hers again lightly as he closed his eyes enjoying the way the taste of her lingered on his lips and tongue.

Stephen was taking complete control of the situation, snaking out his tongue to entwine with hers. For a moment, the kiss was awkward between them, the young duchess a little unsure of herself or what she was doing. A rhythm was quickly set; she began to master the artful skill of kissing almost immediately. Choosing to explore, she used her teeth to nibble on his bottom lip, listening for any sounds that may indicate how he liked or disliked that particular action. As time progressed, she let the kiss be drawn out in a slow, deliberate manner so it could be savored and not made sloppy.

When the kiss was broken, he whispered that kisses were a tell-tale sign of emotions. "If that be true, then what did my kiss reveal to you? More importantly, what did yours reveal to me?" She was as quiet as a nightingale, her voice sweet and melodious.

"First it revealed you are an amazing kisser your instincts are perfect. " He smiled having finally lost the taste of her on his lips he swore he could still feel her teeth on his lips and he loved it. "Yours told me your not certain how you feel about me but your willing to explore it. Mine told you that i very much enjoy being close to you. " He smiled giving her lips a soft peck again before she could feel his body relaxing as he was getting ready to fall asleep.

"I certainly do hope i read that properly I would hate to make a wrong assumption especially when i very much enjoyed it. Did you enjoy your self more then your last kiss?" He smiled letting his hand that was resting on her side wrap around her body to hold he close as his breathing slowed as his body began to pull him into sleep.

He praised her for natural talent, her lips curling into a triumphant grin. "Thank you." She replied, lifting her hands to curl around her own waist. "You like being close to me?" She asked forwardly, not wanting to dance around any issues. "After all I have put you through today you still want me in your presence?" She was slightly shocked by the confession, though he had only been partially right in his observation concerning her.

"You're growing on me." There was laughter in her voice, the tone swirling about their bodies in a chiming ring. "Yes, I enjoyed this one much more than the last one." But those were the last words she would hear from him for the night. He snuggled her against him, his shallow breathing suggesting he had fallen asleep. Eyes closed, too, mind racing off to her own land of dreams.

Stephen held her close threw the night is strong arms wrapping around her. He smiled giving a happy groan as he sighed happily as content dreams filled his sleep. His dreams where filled images of him having a happy family though he was not able to ever get a good view of the woman in his dreams face.

It was still before dawn when he let out a soft groan as he started to wake he smiled feeling her body against his. He let out a soft sigh and began slowly trying to slip from the bed but the way their bodies where tangled it was not going to be easy. Slowly he slipped his arm from under her head and then reached down placing his hand behind her knee and slipping it from his side and beginning to slip from the bed slowly trying not to wake her.

The light sleeper that she was, it took little movement to wake her. As soon as he shifted away from her, Gianna's body began to waken from its slumber. Heavy lids pressed upward, green eyes opening to watch his hands trying to press her body away from his. Realizing he was trying to get up, she rolled over on her back so that he could pull himself from the mattress. "Good morning." She whispered, though her voice suggested she still required sleep.

The fabric of her dress was bunched around her, wrinkled in a most inappropriate fashion. Her mother would certainly disapprove. "Leaving so soon?" She asked him, her arm stretched out toward him. "It's not yet light outside. Can't you stay?"

Back
Top Bottom