Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Faries and Pixies ( desertpaladin and Nightsorceress)

Lily smiled and nodded "i have been told that once or twice in my life" she gave him a cute wink before disappearing into the kitchen. Lily had spent alot of time with the cooks at the palace and she knew how to cook, in fact she greatly enjoyed it. With in an hour lily had a nice hearty soup bubbling in the pot and a nice loaf of bread made. She was just finishing up cleaning the kitchen as she waited for the food to finish and Flints father to return home.

Flint's father came in as Flint was sweeping up the front lawn. He noticed how flint was happy and he gave a soft smile to him "well someone seems happy" the old man said as he stood there now on the porch cane in hand. he had a lot of hair missing from his head and a pretty big beard. He was old and had specticles and a large robe for his clothing. Flint smiled and he said "For the first time father someone other than you has... well shown kindness... it is odd... She is actually inside..." he said and the father seemed happy and noticed why flint would be confused by it since he was too. This was a first for both. but he took it as a good sign. he reached up patting flint on the head as he walked inside.

The old man smiled softly to himself before he walked into the kitchen and his eyes opened wide "Princess..." he sighed "you escaped the castle didn't you?" he asked as he looked at her. He may be old but he reconized the daughter of the queen anywhere.

Lily was in the kitchen humming to herself as she cleaned up. But she jumped when she heard the old man's voice. He had recognized her. Her eyes glanced to flint and then back to the old man "yes sir, i could no longer stay an agree with my mother. I do not feel it right how she rules and i don't not think it right how she wants me to rule" Lily sighed softly "I hid in your home when the guards were chasing me, I am sorry sir, i can go find some where else to stay now that the guards are not looking for me in this area" Lily treated the man with respect as if he was her equal, for in her eyes he was.

The old man smiled "It is good to see the princess wishes to keep an open mind but hiding in the home of your mother's biggest distaste was not a wise choice' when he saw the confusion on the girls face he smiled "She probably never told you... I think you were just born when it happened... You see some guards found a pixie baby near the parimiter to the castle. They waited there, the baby crying and starving for the parents to come back so they could kill them. They never did... So the baby was taken to the castle. I had been seaking an audience with your mother that morning when the baby was brought before her. She wanted it killed at once." he then looked rather sad "It was the first time i had ever seen the queen frown" he looked a little like he had lost himself in the story now "I begged the queen that this was not right, that this was wrong... and she decided to 'punish' me" he laughed "The claimed the kid now my new son, that he was my responcibility" He came back to this world as he said 'Well you can imagine how had that was, especially at the younger years when he could not really control fire, I had to be getting water to put out my house so often... I just had to claim I was a horrible cook"

As he was done he looked up at her "Now Flint knows to mind his own business so he should not have herd" he said "But please don't hurt him... you are the first to show him kindness other than myself... you do have the power to break his heart, more so than i because from what I saw in his eyes he has a crush on you" the man smiled "Just be gentle with him, he may be a fire pixie but he is all smoke, no spark... at least that is all i have seen"

Lily felt her heart hurt as he told the story how flint became his son. She never knew the whole story, number one she was not alive when flint was found and to her mother did not see it fit to tell her anything, just what she wanted lily to know. And what wanted lily to know is that flint was a monster. A tear rolled down her perfect cheek as he continued to tell her how the queen wanted flint killed.

"sir, i would not dream of ever hurting Flint. i have only have just met him but already he is dear to my heart. As i have no doubt you will be too in no time." she smiled at little "Please sir and i do not know how to prove it to you, so please tell me"

He just smiled and patted her on the head like she was a silly little girl "I already believe you. I never said I didn't." he said with a small smile still on his cheeks "just an old man's worrying I guess" he said softly as he looked to the stove where dinner was "now how about you go get Flint... I will serve the dinner" he said as he moved toward what she had prepared sampling it with a smile.

Lily moved to the door but then turned back to the old man walking slowly back into the kitchen as if she had down something wrong. "um sir, Flint does not know who i am, I didn't know how to tell him. I didn't want him to fear me, or hate me. I didn't know if he would think i was like my mother, or maybe here to make fun if him." Lily looked down "I don't know how to tell him"

The man just smiled and he turned to her "you can tell him when you want. he is a strong boy, he may be shocked to hear that you came from what wishes him dead most but" he gave a small nod "he will accept it, i know it"

Lily bite her lip and nodded before going outside to get Flint "Hello Flint" she said with a warm smile. "your father wants you to come inside to eat." Lily pauses a moment "but first i want to tell you something." she wanted to tell him right away because she didn't want to lie to him. She hated lying. "the reason the guards were chasing me is because......is because....is because i am the princess and i ran away because i don't agree with my mother and how she rules" she blurted out the last part because she didn't she would never be able to tell him.

He stood there for a moment, he just looked at her but then he started to laugh a bit. "That's funny" he said to himself as his father left the kitchen hearing how she seemed to be wanting to tell flint that she was the princess. He laughed and looked to his father "Did you hear that she... she just said she was the princess" the old man nodded softly and said "it's true..." Flint stopped laughing once he herd that. he looked confused now as he looked to her again and he stood there for a moment... He seemed to be unsure what to do... he was basically stunned as his father returned back to the kitchen to let the two settle this on their own. he had figured flint might need someone to make sure he understood that she was telling the truth. He then spoke "You... You are the princess... Aren't you?" he asked standing there... "Your... your mother... is the queen... but..." it was like his mind was trying to wrap around a concept that didn't exist... he looked at her and he said "But... But you... you are nice to me... are you sure you are?" he asked finally waiting for her to speak.

Lily seemed sad when he started to laugh at her. She was glad when flints father came out and confirmed what she said was true. The when flint looked at her again she couldn't bring herself to look at him. she looked down at the ground. "i'm sorry i didn't tell you before. I didn't want you to get the wrong idea of me. I am not like my mother, i hate her and everything she stands for. I don't agree with how she treats you. I ran away from the palace because i don't want to be the princess if that means i have to be like her"

He looked at her still partially confused but he sighed "Ok I believe you... but you are starting to confuse me like no other..." he said but he smiled at her "Thanks" he gently hugged her and moving from her he walked toward the kitchen "so come on, let's eat"

Lily breathed a sighed of relief when he said that he was ok with her being a princess "i'm sorry i didn't mean to, i just wanted to be your friend" She explained softly as she moved to the door. SHe felt warm and happy when he hugged her and hoped it wouldn't bne the last time. She entered the house and went into the kitchen

Looking at the small meal that had been prepared he smiled. It was definately better than anything he or his father had prepared as flint sat down chomping away like some barbarian almost. His father laughed as he looked to her "Sorry, it is a bit of his pixie instincts..." he said before digging in himself. This was definately different than eating in a castle where everything was manners.

Lily smiled as she watched the two eat. to lily it deep not seem to be pixie instincts that caused flint to eat like that, it seemed to be male instincts. She ate he food carefully but not with as many manors as she would of had she been eating at the palace.

The two men finally finished eating. Flint leaning back happily in the chair as he just sighed and seemed rather content after having such a fantastic meal. "Now that... was the best thing i have ever eaten" he said happily as he leaned back in the chair.

Lily smiled has he leaned back in his chair after finishing. But she quickly blushed when he said it was the best thing he has ever eaten. "you are just saying that" she said softly as she stood up to clear the plates and wash the dishes. Her cheeks still blushed. She put the plates in the sink and began to wash them

Flint shook his head "You haven't seen out cooking then" he said with a laugh which made his father put his cane under the chair lifting the chair up more so flint fell back "Ow... sorry father i was only referring to mine" his father then smiled and nodded "well" he stood and began to take his leave from flint and Lily "I am an old man and must be to bed soon. i trust you two can clean up and get to bed on your own" he said as he left the kitchen and began to head for bed "Goodnight father' flint said as the old man left the kitchen.

Lily giggled as the old man hit flint. "good night sir" she called after him as he started to leave the kitchen. Lily did the dishes and dried them off. It took her a few moments to find where they went but soon she had them put away. "so um i guess you will be going to sleep as well?" she questioned softly

He looekd to her as he helped a bit with dishes and when she asked if he would go to bed he shook his head slowly "No... I actually like staying up for a bit... This is the only peaceful time for me..." he said with a sigh "The only time I don't need to worry about other faries bothering me..."

Lily was happy when he said he would be staying awake for a little longer but that was dashed when he said he wanted be by himself "oh well if you can show me where i can sleep i can go lay down and not bother you." Lily bite her lip once again and looked down. SHe would have loved to stay awake and talk to him and get to know him some more.

He looked at her a bit confused "i didn't mean you... I ment other fairies... the bad ones... I would love to spend time with you" he said gently takeing hold of her hand as he looked at her. He gave a soft smile hoping she would stay

Lily smiled when he said he wanted to spend time with her. "well i am glad you don't want me to go to bed, because i really wanted to stay awake and talk to you. I am enjoying you company very much" She blushed at how honest she was being with him. She had never been able to speak like that before.

He blushed back and he stood there. Putting a hand behind his head he scratched it nervously as he moved a bit closer to her and he said "come with me..." gently as he took her hand and he began to lead her into another room. It must have been his bedroom since much of the walls were scorched from a time long past... but inside he had some brilliant looking artwork, all made from glass. he looked at her as he had positioned her to look streight at the glass figurines.

Lily followed him happily as they entered what appeared to be his bed room. She could see the scorch marks on the wall wondering if they were from him learning to control his fire powers. Even after seeing the damage he could cause lily was not afraid of him ever hurting anyone or anything on purpose. As entered the room she saw his art work her mouth fell open "oh flint they are beautiful, did you do all these?"

Back
Top Bottom