Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Office Romances don't work...do they? (Nightstalker x Candi)

Chris's eyes met hers as he returned the smile, pulling out the nearby chair for her he spoke. "Would love you to join me. Such a beautiful day as well."

"It is lovely out here," she said, taking a seat. "Thank you for letting me join you. I like to come here during the week when I don't have time to pack a lunch. It's got a great view of the area," she said with a smile.

Chris listened intently to her words, not the first time a thought went through his head since he had met her but out here it felt different. Her personality and beauty shone to him, definitely someone out of his league though as the waiter approached them again. Ordering another coffee he smiled. "I am very much looking forward to tomorrow."

"So am I. It's your first day, so don't be late," she said with a smile. "It'll be great to have you on my team. I should warn you, though, that sometimes if you don't stop me when you can I keep working until I'm ready to explode. I encourage people to slow me down a little bit in the office. Just let me know if I can return the favor," she said with a smile.

Chris smiled at her words, this was going to be far better than his last job and he knew it. Everything around was 100% better and that included his boss. Turning his head only slightly he spoke. "Rest assured i will do that. Too much work and no play makes every one dull."

"Well, thanks for your help. I appreciate it, Chris." She ordered a drink and a quick pasta bowl when a waitress noticed her presence and then returned her attention to the very attractive man across from her. "I want you to be as comfortable as possible with us, so let me know if you need anything." He seemed far more relaxed now than he had in her office. It may have had something to do with the setting, but she had a feeling that it was because the pressure of trying to get the job was off now.

Chris listened intently to her words, laughing a little and smiling even more now. Indeed his nerves had settled down from earlier, pressure gone and only thing to think of was to do the job he was hired to do tomorrow. His eyes met hers as he spoke. "I will do that and thank you again for giving me the job."

"You don't have to thank me. You were the best man for the job, and I only hire the best," she said, winking just a little. Just then her drink came to her. "So, what is it that made you want to get into this line of work?"

Chris smiled a little wider at her words, noticing the wink he felt his cheeks heat a little as he averted his eyes for a few brief seconds. The questioning words absorbed and a response made almost immediately like a robot on a production line. "Hard but good work, not many better jobs i would say."

Claire shook her head and took a sip of her soda. "Why?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. He was probably stuck in interview mode again. Way to go, she thought.

Chris heard the questioning word , watching her head tilt to one side. Taking a few sips of his coffee he smiled, laughed a little before speaking. "Well i love working indoors now, better work environments, co-workers and my latest boss has a nice smile."

Her smile only grew when he complimented her and she blushed softly. "Yeah, well. I meant what about the work appeals to you? There are tons of jobs that let you work inside. Why publishing?" she asked, curiosity growing.

Chris noticed her smile widen and cheeks redden slightly, her words only made him grin a little. "Why not publishing. Part of me always wanted to dabble as an author, this way i can help others get printed and read by millions."

"See? Was that so hard?" she asked with a chuckle. "I'm glad that's why you're in the business."

Chris grinned a little at her response and motioned for the waitress to come over, ordering another coffee along with some cake he spoke. "Anything else you may like?"

"Oh, no thank you," she said softly. "I'll be just fine with my pasta," she said, smiling. Moments later it came and she paid her bill so it was taken care of. "So do you live around here, or are you commuting?" she asked, digging into her noodles.

Chris smiled and watched her eat, taking a few sips of his coffee along with the occasional bite of his cake. Eyes moving towards the streets bristling with life before speaking. "A short commute for me, not sure i could handle living here everyday."

She smiled. "Too busy for you? I have to say, living in the city has it's perks, but I think I'd like living just outside of all the action, myself," she said. Just the same, she had an apartment about three blocks from work and the little cafe. "For now, though, I live with what I can."

Chris chuckled at her words, grinning a little wider. His own place was not far but it gave him room to own at least one pet. "No not too busy for me, oh the perks would definitely be there just like outer city life has them."

"Yeah. Despite the colorful characters in my apartment building, it's kind of lonely here. But at least if you live further out you can have pets in a decent building, ya know?" She took another forkful of pasta and watched him as he ate his cake. "I've always wanted a cat. Something that didn't always need or want my attention. More like a roommate that sheds and likes to hide in corners," she said with a little chuckle.

Chris listened to her words, hearing the chuckle he smiled across the small table into her eyes. His own sparkling a little as he finished the bite of cake, softly speaking. "Well i have one dog, a cat would be nice too as i have lived in the heart of a city before."

"Aww, lucky you. I've never had a pet before, but I always took care of my neighbors' cats when I was little. One dog too. What kind of dog do you have?" she asked, eating more of her pasta.

Chris smiled at her words, nodding his head a little as he took a few sips of his coffee. The delicious flavours hitting the back of his throat first as they went down. "Its a terrier cross, more or less adopted me from an animal shelter."

"It's so nice to hear that one of those dogs was adopted into a good home. There's nothing wrong with getting a puppy, but I think there's something truly kind about adopting an animal," she said with a smile. Claire looked down to notice that she was all but finished with her meal and decided that cake wouldn't be so bad at all. She didn't have much time left on her break though.

Chris smiled and nodded to her words, his coffee finished as he pondered having another one before doing some shopping before tomorrow. "Go ahead, buy the cake and eat it back in your office."

Back
Top Bottom