Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Office Romances don't work...do they? (Nightstalker x Candi)

Candira

Singularity
Sophie sat at her desk, groaning as she went through the resume's HR had narrowed down to five for her. Unfortunately the first three she'd read weren't up to snuff for her, much less her department. And then she came across his....he was perfect. His record was flawless and he'd logged quite a few hours, proving that he was capable of doing such here. He had worked at his previous job for years until he decided that it was time for a change in salary that they weren't prepared go give. She could do great things for him....and she'd go blind before she looked at anyone else's resume. He would be getting the call back. The last man's resume wasn't even a page long, and while he might be good for another department, she needed someone with experience.

She brushed her red hair over one shoulder and picked up the phone to give him a call. No time like the present, she thought. Her blue-grey eyes flashed to the clock and saw that it was still relatively early in the evening. He'd probably still be at home. Sophia sincerely hoped that this time she wouldn't sound overtly sensual on the phone as her friends said she did from time to time. She adjusted her squared reading glasses as she fidgeted with a button on her blue blouse, taking a peak at her full breasts which had been neglected as of late. Sighing, she fixed her shirt and crossed her shapely legs wishing that she had more time for that sort of thing. But her work was so important...

Chris had applied for a few jobs since his rather unexpected but quick exit from his last company. The pay increase had been warranted, at least he felt so but the boss had not. He walked before they got a chance to fire him, much better this way and with resumes sent in he was awake most mornings early and ready to go. Showered and dressed in business attire by a little after 8am that morning he heard the phone ring. Moving to pick up the phone he recognised the number and took a few deep breaths before speaking.

"Yes hello. How did you find my application."

"It's very impressive. You're exactly what we're looking for in my department, Chris. To be sure, however, I'd like to schedule an interview with you. When is a good time?" She was really only bothering with the interview to satisfy the higher-ups. She was hoping his personality would be as workable as his experience. "I have time today throughout the week around lunch until about thee o'clock."

Chris held his breath as he listened to the soft voice explain that he was exactly what the company wanted. Not having met any females there during the other part of the process he covered the mouthpiece and took a few shallow breaths along with a sip of his orange juice. His green eyes sparkled as he spoke into the receiver. "Noon today would suit me, same building and which floor should i attend"

"Please meet me in my office on the 12th floor. Ask the receptionist to show you the way. I can't wait to meet you, and I hope we'll be seeing much more of each other soon." With a smile, she punched the date into her computer and sent it to her secretary as well. "See you soon," she said, her voice taking a little bit of a sexy turn. Not really taking much noticed, she hung up and smiled. Today was taking a turn for the better. She set to work reading over some manuscripts, hoping to take up a bit of time.

Chris listened intently to her words writing down her instructions and smiling to himself as he hung up the phone. Making sure he had everything with him and was presentable he finished his juice, washed and left the glass to drain on the small metal rack. Leaving the house and locking it he was soon driving downtown, finding a car park nearby he glanced at his watch a few times. He was going to be early he mused to himself, striding up to the large glass front doors and opening them. Approaching the counter he found it empty for several minutes, speaking to the receptionist and following behind her all the way up to the 12th floor. Knocking on the large wooden door he waited apprehensively.

At the knock, Claire looked up at the clock, surprised that he'd shown up early. She put down her manuscripts, notes attached and then took off her reading glasses. "Come in," she called, looking for the case in her top drawer. She took a deep breath and smiled, wondering what her newest employee would be like in person.

((Gah, sorry, but there's not a ton to say just now))

Chris had always prided himself on being punctual and if at all possible to be early, today was no exception as he heard that voice again. His hand turning the handle and opening the door, stepping into the room and letting his eyes roam around it. Meeting hers a few seconds later he began to speak but stopped. "Hi there, name is Chris and you called earlier this morning wishing to meet me."

Oh...oh my. She hadn't been expecting him to be so...well, there were multiple adjectives, weren't there? Claire blinked and smiled as he started to introduce himself. "Do come in. My name is Claire, and I'm the head of this department. It's nice to meet you in person, Chris." Her full lips curved into a smile as she stood to greet him, her glasses still on. She closed the distance between the two of them and held her hand out for a hand shake. He had nice eyes, she decided, and a nice voice too.

Chris smiled back into her eyes, staying locked with hers as the distance between them was closed. His hand giving hers a firm shake , unsure whether to speak again or not. Totally afraid he had made a fool of himself for his earlier comments he kept quiet, relaxed his grip on her hand and glanced lazily around the room.

"Have a seat, won't you?" she asked gesturing to the comfy looking chair before her desk. "I'm glad to meet you, Chris. Your resume looks to be in perfect order. To be honest, the only reason you're not hired yet is because I have to interview you first. So why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself?"

Chris heard her response, his eyes and body following the movement of her hand across to the chair. Taking a seat he felt the knots in his stomach churn a little faster, words stuck in his throat as he opened his mouth. Several seconds passed before his words finally floated through the air softly towards her.

"Work and more work is all my life has consisted of for the past years, was hoping to change that a little and believed this company would allow a little more flexibility. Is there a specific question you have in relation to my resume."

She glanced over the document. "Well you said you were interested in a pay raise. We are very flexible here, but I was wondering how much more you were looking for? And how much time off you'd like to arrange?"

Chris glanced downwards and fidgeted slightly as he sat there like a deer caught in headlights, his mind and stomach raced even more. Eyes slowly moving to make contact with hers as he spoke.

"The pay rise is not all together necessary, better working conditions would suit me better and this company seems to have that in abundance. Holiday time i would probably never use, never did at last job."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Well, we wouldn't be at all sad to boost your check a little. You deserve it, if this resume says anything about your character. It seems that you care a lot about what you do. But we will definitely insist that you take your vacation time. We like to make sure that no one gets burned out. You'll need to take at least a week off every six months. Is that acceptable to you?" Claire asked, noting that he looked very nervous. Frowning, she wondered if it was something she'd done or said. "Are...are you alright?"

Chris regained his composure as he maintained eye contact with her, his hands stopped moving as he took a few shallow short breaths. Clearing his throat he began to speak in a slightly higher but still very friendly tone.

"Yes that will be acceptable and no nothing at all wrong. New day nerves i guess"

No sooner had the last words been spoken he lowered his head.

"Sorry little presumptious of me to already assume i had the job."

Claire chuckled and set the resume down, taking off her glasses. "Really, it's not a jump at all, Chris. You're practically hired. In fact, I can see no reason to not hire you for this position. You seem like a wonderful person to work with, and a nice person in general. I would like to personally welcome you to the company. We can file the paper work in Human resources right now, if you like," she said with a smile.

Chris heard her laugh, his eyes watching her remove her glasses. Taking in the beauty of her eyes he nodded and moved only slightly in the chair as he spoke. "Sounds great to me and thank you."

"Sure thing. Let's go down, shall we?" She stood up and came around her desk, waiting for him to follow her lead and head down to the HR office. She'd tell her secretary to field her calls while she was away.

Chris smiled at her words, watching her stand up he stood up and walked casually behind her towards the door. The building was impressive, very impressive and he did not wish to get lost in it if he could help himself.

Claire led him to the department and to the man at the desk, asking for the proper paper work. "There, Greg will help you out with any questions you might have about our paper work and the contract will be ready for you to sign tomorrow," she said with a smile. "I hope to see you again at the same time. You'll be able to start next week, and we'll expect you to put in a full day so you can get your sea legs, so to speak. I'll be glad to help you get the hang of things then. Until next time, however, I have some manuscripts to edit." She shook his hand again and then left the room, Greg staring after her, practically drooling.

The young man snapped out of it quickly, and then handed him the correct papers.

Chris listened intently to her words, taking mental notes of the most important ones. His eyes watched the reaction from Gary and felt a little laughter on the inside. Taking the papers, reading them fully he signed each one and set them back down on the desk. He really had no questions at all as he stood there for a few minutes before finding the elevator and heading back downstairs. Leaving the building he felt his breath come back much quicker, the nearby cafe attracting his attention and soon he was sitting down with an espresso on the sidewalk. Next week could not come quick enough , let alone tomorrow he mused.

Chris's absense was sad, in a way. She'd been hoping to see more of him. He was a very attractive man, but he seemed to be nervous around her. She would have to fix that. Fantasies had been brewing about the two of them, however that wasn't the main reason she wanted to get to know him better. He really did seem like a good person to work with and he was impressive in experience. Almost as much as her. Her stomach interrupted her thoughts rather suddenly, and she was forced to abondon her office for some food, heading for the little cafe on the corner.

Chris smiled as he sipped his coffee, taking out his small diary from the briefcase. A short time later he glanced at his watch, ordered some food and another coffee putting the diary away and glancing around the city streets. His nerves had settled down from earlier, they always seemed to be this way for interviews even though he tried to remain calm.

Claire smiled as she neared the cafe and saw him sitting there. "Well, hello there," she said with a little smile. "Nice to see you again so soon. Would you mind if I sat with you? Or would you rather have this time to yourself?" she asked, standing near his table. She would move on if he asked her to, but she certainly hoped that he wouldn't. He seemed like a nice man, and so much more calm out in the open.

Back
Top Bottom