Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

On World of Warcraft...

Vanity Evolved

Planetoid
So, I havn't played in a good few months, not since I tried out the Deathknights and got bored; with nothing else to do other than waiting for roleplay and such, I thought I'd try starting a new character on WoW.

For those who're on European servers, want to post here, and I may join you if you like? ;D

Otherwise, what I wanted to ask was... I no longer know any people who play in depth. I want to play my usual character, DPS... but I'm stuck between a Rogue or a Hunter. Which is better for solo? Not to mention, how good is a Paladin at doing things outside of resisting damage? Was wondering how good they were at DPS, and at least then I can spec as a tank from time to time (because tanking with a Deathknight was hard as Hell >.>), or... yeah. I would like some PvP ability, too. I'm thinking maybe Warlock, but... when I tried it before, I didn't enjoy it too much.

Hunter has better solo survivability, but rogue generally has better end game dps. They both do pretty good though. You still have to realize that in 25 mans as a hunter you will also have to be on top of CC in several of the boss fights.

As for Paladins:
Prot paladins are the best tanks at holding threat on multiple targets and they are really good at aoe farming.

Ret Paladins are pretty much on top of almost every other class in terms of pvp and do pretty damn good on the pve damage charts too.

Holy Paladins are the most mana efficient single target healers in end game.

And finally, all paladins give awesome buffs.

Hmm. One last question; what about Warlock? How do they fit within this?

-Is pondering a character who can be good at solo, group and PvP-

Well paladin is good at all of those things but there are soooo many of them right now.

Warlocks have pretty good soloability, though not as good as a hunter or paladin. They're not that great at lower levels as for as group pve goes, but they are almost as feared as paladins in pvp.

Go affliction for leveling until you're big enough to get Fel Guard then respec demo. You will probably want to go destro at end game.

Yeah, its a pain because I made mine as soon as TBC came, and at the time they were considered worthless as anything but healers. Since they started playing with balancing, though, they've become the flavor of the month. At least my paladin isn't Ret, though, which is what most of the noobs in the class rolled it for.

I really can't stand to play my paladin as anything other than Prot. Its too bad that I'm too poor to play at the moment.

I had just gotten her def capped when my time ran out too. Though I still have to really depend on buffs to tank heroics.

I've got a Shadow Priest which is a lot of fun, but he's really hard to play. Thigns die pretty well if it's 1v1, but any more than that, he dies too quick.

Hunters are great for DPS, Soloing, and PvP if you grab the right kind of pet.

Pallies are awesome endgame healers as Lyra said.

Locks are fun, but I can't play another clothie aside from my priest. That was hard enough for me.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say awesome. They are just the most "mana efficient" single target healers, which means they don't run out of mana. Ever. In five mans I've found that I like to have a resto shaman healing me more than anything.

As for "the right kind of pet"... get a boar for leveling. End game go SV. On my hunter the only time I find my pet super useful is when I'm being stun or fear locked. a 9k explosive shot makes the pet seem a little obsolete. Couple that with lock and load and well...

I played WoW, but I'm takeing a long break.
I had a level 80 Death knight and I rocked the house at PvP and Tanking.
I had a level 80 Hunter and my DPS was usualy highest, and I usualy did in the top 10 in my BG's.

Well, seeing as the guild I run with uses pallies a lot, I think they're awesome. It makes my job when healing as a Healy Priest a lot easier. lol. We're totally NOT mana effcient, but I like to think our heals are good sometimes. ;)

I didn't really like DKs so much seeing as everyone and their relative had one, so I stuck with my Priest and Mage. Why I rolled two clothies, IDFK. I wish I had something that could wear armor over leather worth playing. *sighs* Silly me for rolling PvE instead of RPPvE. Pooo.

• I'd play a hunter, but that's just me because I still play my hunter. :]
          DPS is pretty decent if you plan on speccing survival, but for leveling,
          I'd suggest beast mastery because it may be a little difficult for you
          to keep threat at a decent balance between yourself and your pet.

I'm not a rogue pro since I really haven't played one, but if you have
          any questions about hunters I'd be more then willing to explain to you
          in depth.
          [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Rogues are fun. I used to have a 60 rogue waaaaayy back when but that account got banned because I logged into it in Korea. =/

Currently, my highest characters are an 80 Hunter, an 80 Paladin, and a 48 Rogue. I'm not including DKs here because I have never played one for more than three days.

• LOL. Really? That's absurd.

I have an 80 hunter, 77 priest, 22 rogue,
          22 druid, 22 shaman and 30 warlock.

Lol, on top of that I have a 37 Warrior, a 34 Warlock, and a 32 Shaman running around somewhere.

• I've been playing WoW quite a lot, lately. Trying
          to get the new tier pieces out. But, that requires
          running that new 10/25man raid which I much say,
          is rather enjoyable.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/">http://www.mmo-champion.com/</a><!-- m -->

Holy shitting dicknipples, the new WoW expansion was just announced officially.

I've been playing a lot to. 4 80 healers. I play my Paladin the most in the high end raids. We are working on hard mode 25 man. Just got our rusted proto drakes from all the 10 mans.

Go go holy heals!

Back
Top Bottom