Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anime and You -- Conventions

Ms_Muffintops said:
I don't mind small conventions. Nekocon and AMA are great, but now I live in MI, and... there's nothing close by, and my friend offered to take me to Sakuracon if I could manage to fly out there.

Michigan has Youmacon which is fairly large. But I was being sarcrastic....ACEN has over 15,000 people that go each year.

Sadly, no GenCon for me this year (my gamer side is raging at me), but I get to feed my otaku side with another trip to Otakon. I reserved my vacation days far in advance so I get to go for the whole con instead of the one day of mania I had last year. If I had known about I-Con I probably would have made the drive down to Long Island (only about 6 hours) for a day or two. I might hit up a few smaller conventions in NY State, a friend of mine at RPI in Troy got me to go to Genericon this year, and I'm definitely returning to that in 2011.

sajuuk said:
Sadly, no GenCon for me this year (my gamer side is raging at me), but I get to feed my otaku side with another trip to Otakon. I reserved my vacation days far in advance so I get to go for the whole con instead of the one day of mania I had last year. If I had known about I-Con I probably would have made the drive down to Long Island (only about 6 hours) for a day or two. I might hit up a few smaller conventions in NY State, a friend of mine at RPI in Troy got me to go to Genericon this year, and I'm definitely returning to that in 2011.

Sweet deal, to a fellow new yorker. I-Con was medium-sized this year. Hordes of events. Of course we had the trendy Alice and Wonderland cosplayers. Who knew that was going to be the grand theme this year?

Lukage said:
Ms_Muffintops said:
I don't mind small conventions. Nekocon and AMA are great, but now I live in MI, and... there's nothing close by, and my friend offered to take me to Sakuracon if I could manage to fly out there.

Michigan has Youmacon which is fairly large. But I was being sarcrastic....ACEN has over 15,000 people that go each year.

Hm... I might have to check out Youmacon. I don't live too far from Detroit.

Back
Top Bottom