Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Superheroes ((CLOSED))

Re: Superheroes (Atzura and Dudeguy)

"The only place I truly can think of is a nearby hotel. Or... if you're feeling like you're ready to leave this behind..." She stood off the desk and dusted herself. "Maybe it's time we see what you're capable of. We can take you to Reader. He'll know exactly what to do." She smiled at him. "If not, I can stick around a few more days, just know that those guys will be back to hurt you, and they are after you for a reason. You must have something within you... and it's my job to help guide you in the right direction..."

• Victor raised the cup of coffee too his lips and began to sip. The cup stayed there for at least thirty seconds, all the while, that long, irritating noise pierced the air. Even he found it annoying, but he needed those thirty seconds to think about their options. Sonya was suggesting staying at a hotel, which he too thought to be the only place where they could half hid out and easily blend in. At the same time, so long as they were both in town, they would need to continue coming here to the school to keep up appearances. Vanishing only to show up in random places here or there would only draw attention to themselves. At the same time, they would be constantly inviting danger here. The people who were at stake were anyone he was close to - his best friend, his mother. . .

If they left, there was a good chance that they would be followed elsewhere. Or maybe those people would even crawl back under whatever hole they hid under in the first place while quietly looking for the two of them. At least that way, they wouldn't be out waiting, watching, and preparing to do the most damage they possibly could to him. Victor pulled the cup away from his lips and leaned back slightly, finally coming to a conclusion in his head. "So, when are we leaving? And what do I need to bring with me besides the obvious. Is there anything you can think of that would help us," he asked.

Victor was guessing that she had enough experience in lying low and staying under the radar, and that Sonya would know what they would need to help them remain hidden for as long as possible. After all, she had been able to do that very thing on her own.[/list:u][/list:u]

"Well, the goal is getting you to Reader. He is the one that asked me to come find you, and he is the reason our small order exists still today. So if you want to move towards him, I suggest you bring yourself, and perhaps water. Maybe a change of clothes, but we should keep baggage to a minimum. If you are still unsure, I assure you that's the way we must go. If you have other interests... perhaps... meeting with these people who are after you... I won't stop you from doing so. However... I know the outcome of you turning towards them. If you do in fact hold something special inside, they will find it, and bring it to you. They will enhance you unlike what I ever could. You would become very powerful. But lose something special to you. And realize that there are two paths at least, to every single thing in the world. If you choose that one... know that we'll meet again, and you'll have to put me in the dirt for good if you do."

• "I think I'll stick with the person who didn't try to kill me when we first met. She definitely seems like a safe bet to me," Victor replied. Honestly, he had no intention of joining those other people. Two of them tried to kill him. If he would lose a part of himself, something special, by having his power drawn out of him and augmented, he'd rather work to gain whatever strength he would have. The thing that bothered the him most about what she said was when she mentioned that if he chose that path, he would have to kill her. Though he knew it was a bit naive, he didn't want to do that, he thought it was possible to save everyone, even those that had turned to that side. He didn't want to take lives either.

"A change of clothes and some bottled water. I can do that. Should we meet up after school? Or maybe a little later tonight," Victor asked. He wasn't eager to leave, but he knew that the sooner he left, the better off everyone he was close to would be.[/list:u][/list:u]

"Whenever you are ready, we can go. I wont let you out of might sight until then however." She said with a small smile. "Enjoy your awfully hot teacher eyeing you all day long. But know that after this, if things go as I, and hopefully Reader wish, you and I will spend a lot of time doing more than just roleplaying as teacher and student." She later felt that what she just said may have been portrayed wrongly, but Victor was a smart boy. "Next thing I need to tell you is that those people weren't going to kill you. See, they used their abilities because they knew someone like me was around... unfortunately for them, it WAS me who was around, and they immediately had that much less of a chance of making off with you. They would only kill you if you are aligned. And since you didn't fight back, they would have likely just punched you around until they brought you to their..." She stopped. "Still... I have a feeling that you'll be very surprised with what you are capable, even if you hold no super powers. You've shown that you can take a hook like a real man. And that's good endurance, something we all need nowadays."

She crossed her arms and tilted her body's weight unto her hip, bending slightly towards the left. "Do you have any questions?"

• The break between classes was drawing towards and end, easy to see by the way the students began to close their lockers. Victor finished the coffee he had been given quickly, and discarded the empty cup in the trash can near the door. "Kill me, don't kill me. . .those guys were nuts. Trapping an innocent guy like me in an illusion where they flipped my car over, then they tried to cut me. For real. I'm grateful that it was you who appeared when you did as well. I'd rather not have anything to do with people who want me on their side and show it by trying to carve my lunch out of my stomach," Victor mused. "Anyway, those things will be easy enough to get. I'll come back to the room here when the classes are over. I do need to stop by the house and get a few things and we should be able to disappear without a trace and leave everyone wondering where we went and why we both disappeared at the same time starting a bunch of weird rumors around the school and other such things once that's done."

If anything, he was being completely honest. Their simultaneous disappearance would cause a big stir about the school, perhaps even go down in history as the "big mysterious event" of everyone's high school careers. But it would be forgotten soon enough, after some big falling out between a football player and a cheerleader on the field, a random act of violence in the school, some vandalism, even a very bad serving of food in the school cafeteria. Both of their names would become a faint memory, and each of them would probably be forgotten soon afterward. Well. . .Victor would. He was sure that the guys would remember the "hot substitute teacher" that filled in for a couple of days then disappeared with some no-named guy. But such was the life of high school.

"I think I've got a handle on things. I'll see you at the end of the day," he said. Victor immediately hurried off to his next class, while Sonia's current class slowly shuffled into the room.[/list:u]

Sonia smiled, "Well, sadly you and I are going to have to do just that. Unless of course you rather stay out here, and send me packing away." She turned towards the board and started to erase it as the students filed in. "Good. Do what you must, as quickly as you can. The sooner the better. Now you should go." She said, tying her hair back into a tail. "I'll see you later on..." With that she turned towards her class, prepared to improvise her way through another day of classes.

• The rest of the day was, perhaps, the greatest ordeal of Victor's life. Long lectures, the same old same old high-school melodrama, a few break ups, a couple of testosterone fueled fights, a few bruised faces and ego's later, and it was all over. At least he wouldn't have to worry about doing the mountain of homework that was given to him. A part of him was very happy about that, but at the same time, a bit sad. He was saying good bye to his life, to the friends and people he had known over the years. This would have happened eventually. Even if his life hadn't taken this turn, when he graduated, that would have been it. Everyone would have gone their separate ways for college, and no one would really keep up with one another. That was merely a fact of life. The only difference here? He didn't have the chance to tell anyone goodbye.

Victor returned to the classroom where Sonia was teaching. In his head, he was already working out how much time it would take to get things done. The ride home would only be a few minute, and he would only take a few minutes there. All he needed to do was empty out his book bag and fill it with some clothes. he'd definitely need to get his money and pack it up as well. It was just a few hundred dollars saved over a life time, money earned from part time jobs that he had put away for emergencies and such, but it would definitely be useful in the coming days. If his mother were there? Then. . .it would surely take longer than he anticipated. It was sad, but the last thing he would be able to do before he vanished from her life was lie to her face. Maybe he would be able to go back to her one day and apologize. . .hopefully. She deserved much better than that.

"Are you ready," Victor asked.[/list:u]

It only took one quick glance before Sonia noticed the trouble the poor guy must have been going through. She smiled at him and nodded. "Everything will be okay. You'll never be alone this entire way. Don't forget that." She said, locking up the room. "Let's get going..."

• It was now time for his new life to begin. He was leaving everything that he knew and come to love behind, his family and friends, and rushing towards the unknown with a woman he barely knew. As scary as it sounded when he thought about it, the young man was actually quite excited. This was like an adventure, like a movie or a comic book. The two of them left, the school and climbed into his car. Victor drove home. "I'll be right back," he said as he ran upstairs.

Victor rushed to his room and emptied the contents of his book bag onto his bed. He immediately began to search his room for everything he needed. He grabbed four complete sets of clothing and stuffed them into the bag and dug out the money that he had stashed in the back of his sock drawer. Just as he was about to rush out of the room, he noticed and envelope on his dresser. Pausing for a moment, he picked it up and opened it, curious as to what could be inside of it.

A note, from his mother, and taped to it was money. She got the feeling that there was something happening, and that he would be disappearing, but she wouldn't ask. She left money, just in case he needed it when he was gone, and told him to be safe. Simple, sweet, and straight to the point. It must have been a hard message to leave.
    Victor returned to his car a few minutes later and threw his bag on the back seat. "Where to," he asked.[/list:u]

Sonia sat in his car, looking around his neighborhood for likely assailants. She was close to her goal, and she wasn't going to let anyone get in their way. As he came back into the vehicle she smiled. "Everything set?" She asked quietly as a student from school that lived nearby started calling her.

"Miss Sonia! Miss Terraverde!"

Sonia's eyes widened as a small drop of sweat came down her cheek. "Okay, get onto the highway. Maintain the speed limit and look to get out at Exit 14. It's about an hour drive, so pick up gas if you must. I'll pay for it though." She said, seeing the student get closer to the car. "I suggest you hurry. This kid sees us leaving, he may start a huge gossip at school, your hunters may hear about it."

• "He's not really known for being. . . .tight lipped either," Victor groaned, pressing down on the gas pedal of the car. The tires of the aged vehicle began to squeal and the car slowly seemed to glide along the pavement. When the grips of the tires met the road once more, the car took off. Hopefully, the young man who saw Sonia wouldn't recognize the car that she was in. The last thing that Victor wanted to leave behind was a rumor that Sonia was last seen with him before the two of them both vanished from the school. Especially since the people who were looking for him could hear about it. As soon as the were out of the neighborhood and on the highway, he finally released the breath he hadn't realized that he had been holding. "Good riddance. . ." he said, rolling his fingers back through his hair.

"It looks like I'm good on gas for a while. This much might be able to get us where we're going. I'll definitely have to fuel up after we get there though. So. . . .long car ride. . ." Obviously, he was a little nervous. Though he was ready to do what needed to be done for him to attain his power and become the super hero that he supposedly was, Victor was still a bit uneasy going forward into the unknown like this.[/list:u]

"An hour isn't too long. Well, we're going to be on the highway for an hour." She said with a short smirk. "Are you excited? I think I'm excited for you. It's not going to be an easy thing... but I think in the end, you'll find the hero living inside you, and that hero's going to do marvellous things." She said with a smile that slowly faded. "...Or terrible things..."

She looked up through the windshield to notice that rather empty to slightly crowded pathway. She looked at him from the corners of her eyes, it was always difficult to determine which path a person would take. He showed such promise, it'd be a shame to lose him to the likes of their enemies, who would use him and his skills just to improve their own situation.

Back
Top Bottom