Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Languages Other Than English

I can read/write...

• French

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • German

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Spanish

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Russian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinese

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Tagalog

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Arabic

• Hindi

• Italian

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Kawamura

Supernova
I saw someone looking for a RP in French. I wonder if speakers of non-English languages should come together for writing practice/finding non English RP partners in GD.

I speak Japanese and Spanish poorly and would love to have writing partners in either language.

EDIT: Okay, so if you want to be on the Giant Master List of Languages (or very short list of languages), post here or PM me and I'll put it up here. Try to put it in a format like Name (Native Language), Languages (skill and want in partner in parentheses).

For example:

Kawamura (American English)
*Japanese (Basic to intermediate, wants RP and OOC partner)
*Spanish (Basic to intermediate, wants RP and OOC partner)
*Latin (Basic, wants casual study partner)

I know some German(not fluent AT ALL) and think it would be neat to write an RP in that language.

It's really funny that you would make this topic as I speak French, and I'm not the best, but I do like to integrate it into my roleplays here and there. And in a roleplay that I'm doing right now, my partner and I both speak French, so we've included that as a part of it. It's a lot of fun using different languages in roleplays.

Well, for that sort of thing, too.

Depending on the partner, one wouldn't have to be fluent. They could even just mix their English with the non-English language. Or, if English isn't their first, they could find someone who speaks a little of their natural tongue and work with them.

EDIT: Or, rather, if English isn't their first and they want more practice. I know HKitten is an excellent speaker of English as a non-native language.

I'm fairly fluent in Quebec french. Since I lived in Wisconsin for five years (moved back to Quebec less than 2 months ago) I'm a little out of practice, but I'm picking it up quickly since everyone around me speaks it.

Double post, but it might be good to keep a directory of people with a blurb about skill and desires for partners (ie, 'I'm not comfortable trying an RP, would like conversation only' or 'I've been taking x language for x years and would like to try an RP' etc).

Misha Hiroki said:
I'm fairly fluent in Quebec french. Since I lived in Wisconsin for five years (moved back to Quebec less than 2 months ago) I'm a little out of practice, but I'm picking it up quickly since everyone around me speaks it.

I am French Canadian. I live in the states now though, and I have lost a lot of my French since I was younger when I moved, but I still know it :]

*laughs* It seems as if people have already started to find others.

If people are comfortable with it, I would certainly loved to be PM'd a list of languages and skill in each to put up on the OP of this thread.

Being a Swedish native, I hold the privilege of being literate when it comes to Swedish. Having had my eyes and ears branded with English since I was 9 years old, I can say that I'm literate when it coems to English too (if you couldn't tell that form reading this, herpaderp).

I had Spanish and German classes for three years, or six years put together, but I wasn't that keen on learning at that time and the teacher Spanish teacher at least was shit, from what I can recall. If I had the time (and gumption) I'd try to resume and truly try to learn that shit.

Though, I doubt anyone would be interested in RP'ing in Swedish. Fuck, I'M not interested in it.

Kade Synouske said:
Misha Hiroki said:

I am French Canadian. I live in the states now though, and I have lost a lot of my French since I was younger when I moved, but I still know it :]

It was the same case for me, but I live with my grandma now who speaks more french than english, so it's coming back very quickly.

Misha Hiroki said:
Kade Synouske said:
Misha Hiroki said:

It was the same case for me, but I live with my grandma now who speaks more french than english, so it's coming back very quickly.
I completely understand that. Especially since most of my family who is French Canadian lives in the states I do still get to speak french when I visit. My grandparents and my two uncles live down by me so yeah. :]

Ah, the old, dead Carpathian language. Why learn the sibling language of Italian (i think it was) when you can learn a dead language and impress your friends? xD

Raziel99 said:
Ah, the old, dead Carpathian language. Why learn the sibling language of Italian (i think it was) when you can learn a dead language and impress your friends? xD

Chicks dig Sanskrit.

I speak gibberish quite well.

alsdjflasdkjfijknmsdfisidfjaskl.

Pronounce that yo.

Raziel99 said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean?

I know i've always wanted to learn Latin, but schools nowadays don't teach it unless it's a specialized course.

I know a little Latin if you want some help with it?

Only a semester's worth, mind you.

Santos said:
I can read Italian (partial) , French (partial), Spanish, Dutch and English.

It is mostly thanks to my Spanish raising that I can understand the French and Italian script better since they are close to Latin. Unfortunally since I life in the Netherlands I had to learn English and Dutch aside which is making my Spanish less and less fluent (Also I never finished Spanish school so writing is a tad difficult for me)

Yeah. I can read a lot of Italian due to Spanish and Latin and can read quite a bit of french due to English (Norman Conquest and all).

My writing in Spanish is really poor, but that's hopefully the point of this directory: a lot of people, I notice, speak pretty well but can't write as well. It would be good for everyone to help each other so we can all get better skills.

And, of course, for native speakers to find someone else to talk with online.

I have already noted in my Request Thread and before I start roleplaying that my English might be off grammatically or when it comes to spelling. I don't mind being called out for my little errors since we all learn from our mistakes and roleplaying has really helped my English to advance, that and comicbooks.

If there were any Spanish speaking or writing roleplayers then I wouldn't mind to give it a try but they would have to be really patient with me as my Spanish script is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom