Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Historical Dis-Orientation (BlisteredBlood & Candira)

BlisteredBlood

The Crucified Angel
To recap from the V1 Blue Moon...

BlisteredBlood said:
"That would be far too easy if it was just sex." Nathan answered with a shake of his head and a slight frown as he curled his hands around her waist in thought. "But you may be right. We'll have to defer to the locals and see what they know about this thing." He added, pointing outside of the tent.

With a bit of a thoughtful sigh and a shake of his head, Nathan spoke again. "When do you wanna check this out with the locals, eh? Later this evening before the sun completely sets?" He asked, looking at her with the same thoughtful look.

Candira said:
Sophia frowned and looked over the pages, not coming up with anything better or very different. With a sigh, she marked the pages and set the book down. "I don't know... do you think it will be safe to go out so late? Or that we'll find someone?" She wasn't sure of what to do, and she was hoping for his input as well. Sex did seem entirely too simple, but it made more sense than what he had suggested. She looked up at him and shrugged. "That's up to you--you're going to be driving," she said with a chuckle. The feline didn't mind driving, but driving in the desert was not her favorite past-time.

She kissed his neck just a little and then when back to leaning on him, feeling tired. "You know, I think I got a little too much sun today. It might be time for me to get some sleep," she said with a yawn.

BlisteredBlood said:
Nathan nodded in agreement as he watched Sophia settle back into his body, claiming she was getting a little sleepy. "I can't say I blame ya, Soph. This has been a bit of a long day, hasn't it?" He asked as his hands and tail curled around her body gently. "If you want, we can just take of this in the morning?" He asked, looking at the female neko with a smile on his face.

Candira said:
Sophia grinned and kissed his cheek, glad that she could still reach it as he wrapped his arms around her. "Yes," she said softly. "I think that's a good idea. Would you mind if I stayed in here with you?" she asked softly, still leaning against him, snuggled up nicely in his arms and his tail. Hers gently wrapped around his as her hands went to his forearms to hold him in some small way.

Re: Historical Dis-Orientation (BlisteredBlood & Canidra)

Nathan smiled and nodded in agreement when Sophia posed this question to him before reaching a hand over and itched behind one of her neko ears gently. "Yeah. Besides, I'm beginning to think that you're not liking it much all by yourself, am I right?" He asked in a lazy tone of voice all while still smiling at her then scooted himself a little more closely to her before curling his tail and arms around her waist snugly.

"Sleep well, Sophia. I'll see you in the morning." He commented once more before kissing her on the cheek.

Sophia squirmed a little as he tickled her ears and let the sensitive hearing instruments twitch. Her eyes closed as he wrapped his arms around her, his tail following suit as he curled around her. "Nobody likes to be alone all the time," she whispered, cuddling up to him. "Good night, Nathan," she said softly, slowly drifting off.

Nathan smiled gently when he watched Sophia drift off to sleep on him while gently rubbing her back soothingly. You know you are so adorable when you sleep like that. He thought as then reached a hand up to her ears once more, itching them ever so lightly so as not to disturb her peaceful, beautiful sleep.

"Sleep well, Sophia... We got a lotta work to do in the morning." He whispered to her once last time then lightly pressed his lips to her forehead before laying his head down on the pillow beside her, slowly but eventually drifting off to sleep some several minutes later.

While the two slept however, a rather odd glow emanated from the wand while it was covered under the blankets. It wasn't much at first, but after several minutes, the glow slowly dissipated.

Sophia woke curled up in Nathan's arms, purring softly as she snuggled into the blanket. Her soft lips curved into a smile as she lay there watching him. He was very cute, the sweetness of his expression heartwarming. She kissed him softly, snuggling with him. "Good morning," she whispered.

Cairo, Egypt
June 20, 2008

Several hours later, Nathan soon found himself woken up by the feeling of Sophia nuzzling him tenderly, waking him slowly with a small groan of sorts. Slowly, the male neko's eyes opened to see the female greeting him with a smile of her own and a kiss. Smiling back, Nathan answered with a tender kiss to Sophia's lips, purring the whole time he did so.

"Morning, lazybones." He teased with a chuckle. "How are you today?" He asked.

"Still sleepy," she admitted as she wrapped her tail around him. It was nice to wake up with someone you really liked, especially when that someone had let you stay. She smiled and kissed his nose. "But in a much better mood than I usually am when I wake up. What about you? Did you sleep well?" she asked, snuggling closer still with a little purr.

"You know, I actually slept better than I have done in months, to be quite honest." Nathan answered, widening his eyes slightly as he spoke with a smile and a shrug of his shoulder. "Which is really saying something, because..." He paused for a moment to allow himself to emit a big yawn then shook his head slightly. "Because... Well... Hm. I dunno what else more to say about that." He answered, chuckling a little bit more.

"I know the feeling," she said with a little wink. That said, she let go of him and sat up, the early morning still cold. "Hmmm, I think we should focus on this artifact today. I think it warrants another trip into town," she said. "And a much slower start than usual." Sophia chuckled and kissed his lips softly before getting up and stretching. Her tail swished and she looked at the scepter. "I had a dream about that thing glowing," she said, frowning.

Nathan arched an eyebrow when he heard that she dreamed of something glowing in the night. "Glowing...?" He answered as he slowly got up from the sleeping bag then glanced up at the covered bundle on the desk then narrowed his eyes suspiciously at it for a moment.

"Funny. I thought I dreamed of the same thing." He said quietly for a moment before getting up from the sleeping bag slowly then walked over to the covered bundle and unveiled the scepter. What he was unprepared for was that the eye of the scepter was indeed glowing, albeit slightly less radiantly than he anticipated in his dream.

His eyes widened slightly for a moment before he glanced over to Sophia with it in hand. "Sophia... I don't think you're dreaming...!" Nathan spoke alarmingly despite he was trying to keep his voice down.

She looked up at him, confused, and then back to the scepter which had an almost hypnotic allure. "I don't understand this," she said staying behind Nathan. "Why would we dream of this?" she ask, staying with him. "It seems odd that both of us would dream of the exact same thing....Maybe this is one of its powers?"

Nathan paused a moment before he spoke, remembering something that Sophia mentioned to him. "Wait a minute. Do you recall something you said to me yesterday, something about a man and a woman as one?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at Sophia with an arched eyebrow before he then began to pace back and forth through the tent, trying to put two and two together while muttering to himself in thought.

"This is all starting to add up." Nathan said aloud at one moment as he continued to pace.

Sophia frowned, not really sure what Nathan was getting at. Still, she had to admit that he was probably right. Her eyes watched him as he went back and forth, smiling at how cute he was when he was frustrated. "Why don't you tell me what you're thinking, Nathan? I'm sure I can help if I know what's on your mind."

After a little bit of time passed, Nathan eventually stopped pacing for a moment then looked over to Sophia with the same look he had on his face when he began pacing. "Follow my train of thought for a minute, Sophia." Nathan began as he then held the scepter out in front of him after swaying his tail about a few times. "You said that the only way this would possibly work is if a man and a woman are one, correct?" He asked.

"Well," He began again before she answered his question. "What do you think has caused this thing to start glowing like this? It means that it's possibly picked up on a couple that have an admiration of each other not only physically, but also on a emotional scale as well." He added.

"So...you're saying that love is the key?" she asked, taking a step forward to take a closer look at the glowing staff. "It seems like a decent possibility. But that leaves what the elements have to do with all of this...the ritual to actually use this thing seems like it's supposed to be pretty complicated, but it would make sense that love--both of the physical and emotional variety--would be the real trigger." She looked up at him realizing what she'd just said. Had she just told him that she loved him?

Judging by the tone of voice she was using just now, it sounded as if she was on the verge of confessing something rather large to him. And judging by that alone, Nathan made his deduction. She was almost telling him that she loved him. The more the male neko thought about this, the more that it was beginning to make a lot more sense than he himself had ever realized.

Smiling, Nathan walked over to Sophia and curled his arms around her gently. "If you're gonna say what I think you're gonna say Sophia, then I think I'll have to agree with you." He said as he held his smile at her.

She closed her eyes and snuggled into him. Well if that wasn't the least romantic way to tell someone she loved him, she didn't know what was. Purring softly he held her, Sophia closed her eyes and let his acceptance settle in. It hadn't been the best way to realize it herself, but she was fairly certain that she was in love with him, and she wasn't sure what else she could do about it.

Smiling at Sophia when she snuggled up into his arms, Nathan's hand gently rubbed at the female neko's back lovingly for a few moments then smiled a little more when he felt the vibrations of her purrs channeling into him, causing him to emit a purr of his own.

"Might as well get this out in the open then, Sophia." Nathan said after a moment. "I love you." He said in a gentle voice as his ebony tail curled around her slowly while his hand continued to rub at the contours of her spine.

Sophia just about lost her mind when he told her he felt the same way. Only in more words. And in the right words. She smiled and kissed him, her tail wrapping around his affectionately. "I love you too," she said with a smile. She purred again as his hands moved up and down her spine.

Right when he heard this coming from Sophia's mouth, Nathan's heart melted to say the least. Even by the sound of her purrs alone seemed to soothe him to the point where he could've fallen asleep right then and there. But regardless of which, Nathan's empty hand rubbed her back gently, purring softly in response.

Not long after, the scepter responded to this by glowing even brighter than before as the two were still wrapped up in each others' arms. After that, Nathan kissed Sophia's cheek softly before pulling back slowly to then smile at her. However, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the scepter glowing this way, causing him to look at it with a wide eyed look on his face. "Now it's brighter than it was just now..." He said in a gentle voice, somehow regretting the fact that he was ruining the mood.

Sophia was a little disappointed when he ruined the mood, but her interest in the artifact helped to make up for that. She kissed his lips softly before turning to face the glowing artifact. She held his hand as she came closer to the scepter, pulling him with her. She picked it up to examine it, finding no real way for it to be illuminated from the inside. How did it respond to love? Was its magic real?

"Nathan...should...should we try to find the elements for a ceremony? To test it?"

"The question, I ask, is what element?" Nathan answered as he narrowed his eyes at the wand as it continued to glow brightly. "Is it fire, earth, water, air or spirit?" He asked as he then glanced back at Sophia with an arched eyebrow this time. "More importantly, how should the ceremony be conducted?" He asked again.

"The only answer I have to that question is if we get some more background information on this first." He stated.

"The books we were looking through mentioned the four elements arranged in a circle, but beyond that all we got was that love seems to be the key. I agree. We should ask more about this today, while we're out." Sophia didn't like to get into anything without knowing just what it was she was stepping into, and this was certainly something to be careful of. Especially considering that they didn't know exactly what would happen when the ceremony was complete, the feline felt she was right to be cautious. She covered the scepter, though the glow was still a bit noticeable beneath the cloth and then pulled her hair up.

"We should get going soon if we want to get to town when the most people are out."

"I agree. However, we're going to need to bundle that up a little more if we're going to go out into public. God forbid if someone were to spot this and decide to steal it." Nathan answered with a nod of his head before pointing at the scepter. "Do you have anything more to cover that up with?" He then asked before smoothing out his clothes a bit.

"And once we got every trace of info gathered, we'll give the ceremony a shot." Nathan concluded, despite there was a nervous look in his eyes.

"Fair enough," she said a little smile. She gave their current situation a thought, and then nodded. "I do have something in my tent. I'll get it before we get into town." Her hair swung a bit as she got up and started for the entrance of the tent. Her tail twitched a little and she kissed him before leaving the tent. "I'll be right back."

Back
Top Bottom