Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to survive (strode and I)

vampire07

Pulsar
On a lush green planet there was a constant battle that seem pointless but to the two races: Humans and the elites, it was to prove who was the superior race. For decades men were trained to fight but now a new sex was being tested, a woman. Up high in the dark green trees a slender form huddled close to the stiff trunk with her looking down the scope of her old fashion rifle.

Her armor looked like the rest of the soldiers but shorter in hieght. The voices in her ear peice was nothing but trash talk as the men moved under her to scout for a new camp site. It seemed they didn't cover their tracks well enough since the elites came in and whipped 3/4th of their unit out.

"Hey! Shorty!"

Aiko flinched as the voice sounded like her commander was shouting right into her ear. "Its Aiko!" She snapped into her mouth peiceand she heard the men chuckling.

"Oh yeah...Is it clear form you are?" The muscle bound man looked up at the tre to see the small soldier shift positions. Oh how he loved pushing her bottons and making her pissed off. To be honest he thought she was the best fighter when she was pissed.

"I see nothing but...Leaves, vines and something else..." She muttered towards the end as soemthing did catch her eye. Through a small gap in the leaves she noticed a flash of light. "Fuck...Take cover!" Those were her last words as she sqeezed the trigger. She had aimmed at an elite but he was to quick as him and the others leapped from the ridge and right on top of them. The one elite she aimmed for landed on the branch she was on and the viberation knocked her rifle from her hands but she was quick in pulling her battle rifle out only to get a few shots off before the elite backed handed her off the branch, onto the thick bushes.

The last sounds she heard was her unit being killed off but she seemed forgotten. Though before she passed ut she heard the elites screaming with her commander shouting about creatures, of the native planet, appearing out of nowhere. That was all she heard before passing out and her yellow visor was cracked as the thick air reached her nose.

Ramo' quickly sprinted through the forest. His armor a mix of white and gold. He was a high ranking officer, or warrior of some kind, almost like the 'Spartans' in a way. He was rather tall at 7 foot, and his skin a dark dark blue. He ran as fast and as hard as he could, panting by the end of his run as he stopped next to a tree. He must have lost them... His entire team was dead, and he felt for them, though, he knew that they only slowed him down any ways. He carried his carbine at the ready as he scoped around. Thats when he saw her. He growled. He hated humans, to a degree, he was designed to kill them. Though, he was also very smart. He knew the enemy out there was stronger than he could handle on his own, though, he managed to get by so far...

When she awoke, she would be next to a fire burning in a large cave. Shadows lurking in the back, with the mouth about 40 yards to her side. Her armor was in a pile enxt to her, and her weapons gone, though, she was still wearing clothing. Ramo' was standing in the back of the cave, watching her intently from the shadows...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/3/3a/1210385769_34297114-Medium.jpg">http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/3/3 ... Medium.jpg</a><!-- m -->

like that with mostly white with gold decorating...

Aiko was dreaming that she was back home and sitting in a lush green meadow but in moments it turned to red and the smell of blood reached her nose. Before anything else happened Aiko opened her eyes as her heart was racing. Her eyes quickly became adjusted to the constant changing of the light from the fire. Feelnig the cool air hitting herbody she rolled over onto her knees with her green eyes searching the area.

Her movements made her wince and her slender hands went around her ribs. "Fuck..." she said softly as her white hair fell over her face though there was the sound of faint breathing did reach her ears. Closing her eyes as she wasn't genetically altered like the few humans on her planet. "Where am I?" She said faintly not expecting to be answered but her weight shifted to the balls of her feet as if she'd jump back then dash at the last second if she was attacked.

"safe... for now..." A deep voice comments from the dark. Ramo' wasnt sure if he should she himself or not, though, he finally chose to. He slowly stepped out infront of her, wearing his full armor and having his carbine on his back, an energy sword handle attached to his right leg. "Those... creatures killed my brothers, as well as yours... they must have thought you dead because they ignored you and came after me... After I lost them, I found you, still alive... Instinct said to kill you... though, intellect tells me that either of us wont survive alone out here for very long." He tossed her weapons onto the pile of armor. "If you want to kill me, shoot me now... if you think you would be better off, take your stuff and leave..." He said in a voice not filled with hope, sympathy, or anger... He was rather calm, not carring any which way... His green eyes focusing in on her...

When he stepped from the shadows she did push off the ground and landed a few feet away from him. Her hands came in front of her in a self defense position. When he tossed her weapons to the ground next to her armor she relaxed abit and straighten up, shocked. Staying quiet as she listened to him laying things out as they are. Smirking as Aiko went to her things and slipped into her armor then placed the large, heavy weapons on her back.

"I think I'll be fine...To bad the creatures didn't eat you." She said in a calm tone then walked pass him to the mouth of the cave but she stopped and looked over her shoulder at him. Maybe he was different from the other elites but hell they were enemies. Pulling her helmet then took off into the darkness. She didn't plan on hunting but she needed to get to the spot where her unit was killed. With her dashing through the bushes and weaving in and out of the trees her body felt like it was on fire and her lungs were a flamed.

It took her awhile to find the spot where her friends were killed. There she could see the half eatten bodies and the blood covering the bushes. Coughing and gagging at the smell, she took a flat stone and started to dig the graves of the men and elites. Hours gone by and when the suns' light managed to shine through it reveal she was asleep with dog tags in her hands and she was covered in blood of humans and elites.

Ramo' watched her leave, grunting softly at the soft insult. He couldn't help himself though as he followed her, staying silent in the trees. He watched her burying the bodies and kept and eye out for the creatures. Once she had fallen asleep, he jumped down, landing with the softest of thuds. He quietly moved over, finishing the last grave and slipping the elite in. He pulled an icon from his chest and pushed the dirt in over his body. Once he was done, he slowly picked up the female and took her to a near by river. He washed the blood from her delicately, then carried her back to the cave. He laid her down next to the fire. He was awake for as long as he could, but he too needed sleep. He slowly pulled his armor off, setting it next to him as he laid down on the other side of the fire. He was only wearing a light cloth over his groin as he pulled a blanket over his body. He had had two of them, having already laid one over the female, and now using one over himself. He was rather muscled, but more sleek. His skin looked scaly, but was very gentle to the touch. He had fallen into a deep sleep by the end of the night...

Hours went by when Aiko woke up. Still clutched tightly in the her gloved hand was the dog tags of her commraids but she sat up to see the dead fire then noticed she was back at the cave. Turning her head to see the elite who had stripped her down was asleep and without his armor. Smiling within her helmet thinking he was cocky or just tempting her to kill him. Sighing as she stripped out of her armor then took off once more but had her battle rifle and knives.

It didn't take her long to build a fire next to the river side with meat being cooked and her naked and in the river. She knew this wasn't wise but there wasn't anything harmful near her. On the rock near the fire was a black body suit that made things easier on the humans to remove or pull their armor on. After the swim Aiko fell into the soft grass with her hand resting on her battle rifle. She didn't want to cook the meat in the cave as she thought it'd attract them to the sleeping elite.

Ramo' was slow to wake in the morning. It was mid-day when he finally woke and was slow to get up. He slowly pulled his armor on, then put the sword on his leg, and the carbine on his back again. He stretched out a bit, then rolled up the blankets and sat them with her armor, trying to keep everything togethor. He decided to find out where she went, following her trail to the water where he saw her. He slowly moved down towards the river, when he realized she was naked. He let out a grunt and turned. "Human... Cover yourself if you'd please..?" He asked her as he waitted for her response.

She opened her eyes slowly as if she was about to fall to sleep. Groaning as she saw it was him and she rolled onto her stomach with the sun kissing her skin. "Get over it..." She yawned as she stretched her body out. She figured it wouldn't matter if he saw her naked since there was nothing between them. Slowly getting to her feet as she got dressed in the body suit.

"You can turn around. I went hunting awhile you were asleep." She pulled the meat off the fire seeing it had a nice roasted color to the tender flesh. Smiling as she put the fire out then sliced off a chunk of meat for herself. "I didn't want to cook it back at the cave in case it does lure the creatures to you."

Ramo' Slowly turned around, gulping ever so lightly as he looked at her, only covered by the thin layer of black material. He didnt know why it was, but he found himself rather attracted to females in general, no matter what species. He found her especially attractive. He nodded though and cracked his neck. "Very wise, human.." He said as he moved down to the river, washing his face and arms before taking a long drink and moving back up to where she was. He wasnt one to ask for something, and it didnt feel right to ask her for some of her food. He slowly moved to a tree and leaned against it, his arms crossed. He had a small chain dangling from his hand, on the end was the icon he had pulled from the elite before.

She heard him moving around but she went to one of the large blouders and perched on top of it. Eatting the meat slwly as she listened to his movements heading over to the tree. Sighing as she turned to look over at him with locks of her white hair falling over her face.

"You might as well eat. I hunted for both of us seeing you brought me back to the cave late last night on two counts." She said softly then finished off the meat. Compared to the meat she cooked, what she ate barely made a dent on whats left for them. Pulling her knees to her chest as she rested her head on her arms wondering what was going to happen. Though she rememered there was a radio at the camp site but more than likely it's been destroyed.

Ramo' nodded gently. He slowly turned around and grabbed his sword, cutting off a portion about twice the size she had taken, still leaving a good amount. He put the energy sword away and walked back to the tree, this time sitting down against it as he started to pick meat off and push it between his pincher-like lips. He was rather contented for the moment, just to relax and eat, take a break from all the fighting.

Listening to him moving around got her anxious to get moving or to do something. Finally she leaned back with her looking to the sky lost in her own thoughts. "So are we sticking together or are we going our separate ways?" She didn't want to mention that she might know where a radio would be so she or he could get a ride off this planet. "You know what. I think we should split. Easier for pick up atleast."

Jumping off the blouder as she grabbed her weapons then headed through the forest where the camp was. Without her armor she managed to be faster and wasn't over heated so quickly. Bursting through the opening she came to a stop as something wrapped around her body picking her up off the ground. Aiko kicked and struggled but the creature screamed as it sqeezed Aiko tighter making her scream in unbarable pain.

Ramo' rolled his eyes as she mentioned splitting up. She just couldnt get over the fact that they were stuck here, alone and that splitting up would get them both killed. He took a big bite, then tossed the food away. He quickly got up, running after her. He chose to be stealthy though, turning on his cloaking shield as he ran. He came to a hard stop as he saw her being lifted into the air. He let out a low growle as he grabbed his sword, the shining light coming out of no where as he jumped and sliced through the creature holding her up before grabbing her and pulling her along as he ran. He disengaged his shield as he looked to her. "Splitting up here... is not a good idea.." He reinforced in a strong, yet gentle tone.

Her ribs felt like they were crushed but she felt something yanking her along but she looked up to see it was Ramo dragging her along. Being light on her feet as she tried to keep up with him. "I thought there maybe a transmitter there!" She snapped back at him but his tone didn't register until it was to late. Mentally she was kicking herself for snapping at him.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I hate the feeling of being trapped anywhere." She admitted to him but she took her arm from his seeing no one was following them. Kicking off the ground and she landed on a blouder then slid back into the cave where they been sleeping earlier that day. Her muscles were burning from being overly stressed from hunting, swimming, running and struggling against the damned creature. Sitting on her knees as she was trained to think of others before herself and if needed kill herself for her commraids.

He stopped suddenly and shook his head roughly. He let her go, watching her heading off to the cave, thinking about what she had said. "Stay there!" He called out to her. He then made hsi way back into the forest. He stalked through, using his invisibility as he found the camp. He slowly moved into it, finding the radio. He grabbed the entire set, then made his way back, running quickly.

Ramo' dropped the equipment down, carefully, yet in an obvious way that he was a little tired. "here... Is your equipment... human..." He panted out. "You... may call your brothers... on one condition... I want to live... I dont want to die... not here... not when they show up..." He panted out hard, a real look of worry on his face as he starred at her.

(this is moving into another thought I had... When they do fall in love, they are rescued by the humans, and he is taken back as a prisoner... She fights to get him back, and he fights to be let loose, to live among them with her..)

(thats possible)

Aiko looked up seeing his muscles trembling from the constant running back and forth. Slowly she got ot her feet and walked over to the radio set then looked up hearing about the condition. Smirking as she tied her hair back from her face. "I think its negotiable." Her eyes gave off a sparkle as she went to the radio seeing it was damaged, not by him of course. Sighing as she dug her finger among the wires and felt a shock going through her.

"Ah!" She pulled her hand back but instead of cursing about it, she laughed. Smiling as she flexed her hands. "Damn, it still has a shock."

Sighing softly as she went back to work, cutting, rewiring and getting shocked once in awhile but she was determined to get it to work. After what he done to keep her alive, she intend on keeping her word. "I'm Aiko...Number 56435FX." She said softly before she looked back up at him.

He nodded his head gently, watching her for a long few moments. He sighed when she got shocked, happy that they would be getting off this planet. He slowly moved to the mouth of the cave, leaning against it as he starred out at the forest. After a long time it seemed, she spoke up. Akio... A good name by his standards, though, he wasnt impressed with the number. "My name is Ramo' Quitonmee..." He said quietly. He wasnt sure how to react to all of this. She was his sworn enemy, yet... They were helping each other... "I guess its an honor to meet you, seeing as it will be you that eventually saves my life... Getting us off this rock.." He said as he glanced back, cocking an eye brow.

She nodded to his name but noticed him looking over at her. Slowly she looked up at him with a lock of her hair faling in front of her eyes. "You saved my life three times already. The second time...I had to go back atleast to bury them atleast." She said faintly before biting down on a wire stripping the rubber jacket off them tested the wires together. "It maybe awhile before we get a signal. Any statillite in this area is in orbit with some of the other planets. So maybe a few days becausewe can get a strong enough signal to send an old fashion S.O.S.." She informed him as she got to her feet stretching her arms over her head.

He nodded gently. "I thought it would be best to keep you alive... I belive you would call it... Instinct... Something willed me to bring you here... so, I did. I guess I should thank what ever it was, and thank you for giving me your word on getting me off this planet as well..." He said, giving a very slight smile. He slowly looked back and nodded once more. "It will be dark soon.." he commented. Just now would she be able to see the pendant he was holding again, the icon hanging off the chain as he starred out over the forest, obviously thinking.

She loked over at him and noticed the pendent he was playing with. Slowly she walked over to himand placed her hand on his shoulder but had her leg press into his arm. In a way she was telling him she wasn't there to hurt him or anything. "I noticed you're playing with the pendent...I'm sorry but I was trained then sent here to fight so..What meaning does that pendent have?"

She looked down at him then shortly sat down beside him with her looking over the forest with him. The suns were slowly setting over the trees and she couldhear the creatures howling after a kill. Those sounds stil huant her memories as the howls continued she hid her eyes within her arms like she was keeping herself calm in that fashion.

He quickly looked over as she tocuhed his shoulder. He still had his 'armor' up it seemed, still hesitant about trusting her, or anyone, it seemed. He took a gentle breath as she asked him the most obvious of questions. "When you... went back to bury your brothers, and my own... you worked yourself to sleep before you could finish the last of my brethren... Im actually glad you didnt get to him... This... This is like your tags, but more advanced..." He held it up and pushed a button. A small hollogram came up, a 3d picture of an elite, the one in the forest, the had similar markings and such to the elite infront of her. He handed her the pendant and sighed. "That was my brother... The last of my family, besides myself..." He finished with an obvious, heavy sigh. "I dont blame you, I blame myself... I took my eyes off him for a moment and those creatures were all over him... He was dead before I could react..." He explained for a long moment.

Pulling her yees from her arms she looked up when he explained about the tags. Taking the endent from him as she loked at the hologram then it hit her. This was the elite she shot at then 'appearered' before her but she was to slwo to keephim from back handing her. Anger boiled through her veins but she handed the pendent back to Ramo. She knew if she spoke he'd hear the anger in her voice. She wasn't angry at him just at herself for not being a better fighter.

Slowly she took a deep breath. "He was the one I shot at and...He was the one who knocked me out." She said in a cold tone but she looked at Ramo. "I don't know the feeling of losing a family member or even losing a friend." She had a feeling Ramo had some experience of handling her kind. Sighing softly as she got to her feet then went back to the radio to work on it.

Ramo' grunted softly. He was hurt at the loss of his brother. As much as he wasnt showing it, it was still completly obvious. He just radiated pain, though, he knew he had to fix thinks with Akio. He slowly moved to her and sat down. "Listen... I dont know if your mad at him for nearly killing you, or if your mad you didnt beat him... but any way you think about it, how well could this have ended? This entire mission was botched from the start... The best case for you, is your team killed all of us, and left... For us, it was the same... I dont want to kill humans... But humans killed my brothers... Its hard to forgive that... Though, I know that this is a pathetic war... When I consider what happened... Im almost glad my brother knocked you out... I wish he was alive, but still... If he hadnt, you would be dead..." he said quietly. He sighed. He was no good at these talks. He shook his head and stood, pulling off his armor. He was down to just that cloth over his crotch again as he laid down off to the side with a blanket, covering himself as he tried to get some sleep.

Back
Top Bottom