Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Universe Apart: Vita, Gyro, and Helix. ((Private))

Vita felt awkward being taken along on his own journey. It felt a little wrong... no, it felt a lot wrong. Vita had not known Gyro a very long time. The collar may have been good at discerning what they were saying to one another, but Vita could not understand what the fluctuations in Gyro's voice meant, because his race did not have anything similar. They used a series of changes in breathing patterns, eye movements, and facial twitches to display their changes in emotion and 'tone' when speaking. Most of which would go unnoticed by both Helix and Gyro. Helix's suddenly backing down from the argument stumped Vita, and he made a mental note to try to study their language without the collar's intervention in the future. They were going to be together a lot, after all. It would be good to know how to communicate if something happened to the collars, or if they needed to speak to one another without others understanding. Vita pulled free from Gyro roughly. "I'd rather not be tied to anything in the event of a collapse." He reasoned, although admittedly if he were to be honest it also had a lot to do with how much Gyro kept trying to take charge. Vita wasn't particularly fond of that trait, especially when he had no right to be in charge now, really. "-And just so we're clear, I disagree with your argument. 'Smokey' lived in a hole under a rock, and had quick easy access to the outside, where the sun provided life. I think we should search for a way out."

"If being above ground would make you both feel better then we should look for a way out." Gyro said simply. He turned to keep on walking down the way he had started. " Where are you going?Vita said that we should look for a way out. " Helix told his friend harshly. " Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Is me walking forward and looking for a way out, or people, which ever comes first, a issue? Or do you not agree with the forward idea? Would you like to go back wards?" He asked with his hands on his hips. " What is your issue?" Helix snapped at him. First Gyro started to act odd, and now he's being smart with the two of them. " I'm trying to help." Gyro stated clearly. " I thought our main goal was to find people. Or to find the person Vita is looking for. So, I did. I started to look for people and then after I am told we should look for a way out, I do so. Once I start to you snap at me. Now really Helix, you need to calm down." Gyro said with a shake of his head and a sigh. helix didn't respond. He knew if he did, he would just get into a fight with the man. "So, I ask you again. Are we going forward or backwards to find what were looking for?"

Vita winced, not particularly liking where this was going. "Calm down, both of you, please. I won't keep company that simply argues amongst itself!" He claimed, putting his foot down. Enough was enough.

"We didn't come from any direction, so there is no backwards, and there is not forwards. We don't know which direction is which, or what determined them so all we have is relative direction. I think we should look for some sign of the outside before we proceed. We might be going deeper in if we don't." He pointed out. "So... I don't see any light. We should be looking for... I guess, signs of recent weather activity or plant growth? Even animal life. Something."

Back
Top Bottom