Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you read other people's threads?

• Thread starter HeyThereLittleBear
  • Start date
H

HeyThereLittleBear

Do you read other's threads?

I've always wondered this because I see views climb higher and higher in my own threads even though I haven't checked back on it and I don't think my partner would check back in on it so much

So, only thing I can figure is that it's other people reading the threads (my best guess)

I personally have never read another person's thread. Not my role-play so I can't say I'm interested in reading it.

What about you?

+ Don't forget that, unless you're using the semiprivate section, there are some views from Google users.

I think I've read two or three RPs ever since I joined BMR. But usually I'll just skim past potential partner's current/latest RPs to judge compatibility (Makes me feel like an employer in a job interview, lol)

No, never. I've tried a couple of times but it just doesn't hold my interest unless I'm involved.

Guests omg

I never thought about that but it does make sense...

Usually I just check out potential partners posts, to see if we are compatible. One time I did this, and I ended up getting hooked into their story, and started following it along. Sometimes I'll check out a thread if the title is interesting, or I recognize one of the players involved. I even picked up a partner like that, from reading their threads, and deciding I liked their style, and wanted to write with them.

Not usually, no. I don't really have much interest for it unless it's as Xana said, to read up on people's writing style. Funnily enough my partner usually gets PMs from our RPs, I don't think I've gotten one.

Not usually but it depends on the person, if I see a title that has certain interests then I'll take a quick peek but I'll normally just skim over what has been writen.

[size=-2]Merely to read up on a potential partner's writing style and see if we would mesh well. Research is one of the many keys to finding a compatible role-play partner.[/size]

As with others, I'll read other posts to gauge compatibility, and will often just randomly browse posts for not particular reason, but I don't follow other peoples threads. Mostly because roleplays generally aren't written in the same way as novels, where everything is 'out there' for the reader, so having no insight to the off-screen communication, and the thinking behind what the characters are trying to achieve, or what the story is about in a big-picture context, I can't become invested or interested in it.

The exceptions to this are certain stories written by my partners/friends where, through OoC chatter, I do have some of that behind the scenes context, and will follow their threads.

For compatibility, yes. Or occasionally when a title appeals to me or I recognize great writers.

Never. With the exception of when I'm checking out a potential partner's samples. But in that case I'm not reading the roleolay, more just focusing on the interested partner's writing style. This is something I like to call "sample stalking". ;)

Certain people I like OOC, I'll get into their thread and see what they're doing. Or if I see an ad I might be interested in.

Like 90% of threads have awkward endings out of nowhere 3 pages in and that's no fun to read.

I will poke my head into a thread for one of several reasons.

1) I'm checking out the rate of compatibility with someone who has messages me, doing a bit of research to see how well their style would/will mesh with mine, how their ideas flow, etc.

2) Sometimes I will skim threads to actually find rp partners. I am probably the odd one out where this is concerned but I actually began my online 'career' as a story writer. I got into rping when a regular reader of mine asked me if I would be interested in writing a story with them. Our posts were not posts so to speak...more like chapters of a book/fanfic. We each had set characters we controlled but the aspect of alternating chapters back and forth between us was amazing. As such I've kept the habit of reading through other people's rps from time to time to see if they can capture my interest to the point of my brain left buzzing with inspiration. If the manage to turn out an rp with someone else that manages to grab and hold my attention and I get a full on view of what kind of potential I have to indulge myself in...you can bet I'll be messaging them about a prospective role play.

I will open up threads but ones with short posts, less than a nice healthy paragraph and little detail I back out of. I will search for threads where the rpers involved are sending vigorous endowed posts back and forth. Detail is a massive love of mine when it comes to rping. The more detailed the better. If I can become lost in someone's writing...you can sure as hell bet I'm going to be sending them a message at some point in time.^^

Back
Top Bottom