Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Evening Dinner Invitation [Interest]

An Evening Dinner Invitation
Interest

OOC -- Roleplay -- Profiles

The Tease
T'was a dark and stormy night... previously, though even with the rise of the sun the waves still crashed and battered the stony shore, as well as the lone double-masted ship docked in the harbour. It was the gossip of the small harbour town of Blackburn--a woman had purchased the mansion on the hill. Granted, there would have been talk either way given how few new people (or exciting things) come to such and out-of-the-way colony town, but a rich man was not as terribly rare as a woman of means.

The town had plenty of rich men. In some eyes, each fatter and more pompous than the next.

A few of the them greeted the woman upon her arrival as serfs handled shuffling boxes and luggage from hold to carriage. One ended up in the ocean. That gossip spread like wildfire too, and over the coming weeks many tall tales and rumours over this woman were abound. Strange lights--she's a witch. Disappearances--she's a killer in disguise! Except there weren't more disappearances than average, and when do 'strange lights' ever have much meaning?

Perhaps the woman heard of the rumours and wished to dispel them. Perhaps she had finally settled in and was wishing to hobnob with others of her ilk. Whatever the case, you're one of a half-dozen who received a personal invitation delivered to your door by one of her maids for a dinner gathering, in the evening, a fortnight from the day the letter was delivered. The maids had an odd air about them, wherever the woman had collected them, they weren't from the colonies. It might be the same for her, and with the letter's promise of an unforgettable night of revelry, what reason would there be to pass up the offer?

Cause she's a witch-murderer in disguise, says the gossip? You don't believe such silliness, do you?

The setting is a moderately-sized (leaning more towards small) port town on the shores of relatively undiscovered territory. There are several other towns inland already, so it's considered a small province, but still very much also a colony in a new world. A bit isolated, that is to say, from the government or other sources of aid, and beyond that, cheap to live in for the time being. Crowding elsewhere has made the government provide encouragements for people to move, in other words.

The era is roughly the 19th century. Which a few liberties taken here and there, and also the reason for not giving an exact date of 18-something. I'm not a history buff, and what reading I'll do will likely be relatively light or from what I've remember reading before--there likely will be some anachronisms, so if you're large on historical accuracy in these sort of plays, I'm afraid you may be somewhat disappointed. The region is fictional; I'll flesh it out a bit more at a later date. And I think I also provided some vague 'British' undertones there, but I'm not aiming for anything in particular.

There will be some supernatural elements, but I believe that goes with the theme I'm aiming for rather nicely (see 'The Kicker,' below). I'll err on the side of caution and say moderate to heavy amounts, since this is a few weeks old idea and I'm still formulating things in my mind.

The majority of the 'action' will take place around the mansion on the hill. It will be small, but that's more in the interest of a shorter-term thing. Lest there's interest enough and idea and motivation enough from myself to expand it further beyond an evening dinner.
You are a husband, a wife, widow or generally a person of means. This can be as much or as little as you like, but in general, people are aware of you, and you have one of the bigger homes in Blackburn. Why you came to Blackburn, why you ae rich, how loved ones perished, your role in the town, or why you're going to this dinner are all for you to decide. This means if you wish to, for example, play up the role of the mayor, or a leading member of the local constabulary, by all means.

And given the previously mentioned 'supernatural' tones; I've no issue if you wish to apply some minor thing along those lines to your character, though in this case appreciation will be given to those who discuss it with myself first!
This game is intended to be in the category of 'Erotic Horror.'

I've done Erotic plays quite frequently; Horror, on the other hand, is something I've had the opportunity to do -very- rarely. Erotic Horror, thusly, is something I've never really done before, but it's certain one of my more oft-read story categories.

Smut/plot split, I couldn't say. I'll be taking sort of a 'Gamemaster' role for the game, and I've ideas for plot, and ideas for smut, in equal measure, what happens pends more on where anyone involved leans.

Kink-wise; I'll say 'be open to things'? In all honesty, I feel like giving a list here would be semi-spoilers for what may come up or is intended in the game, buuuut since this is sort of necessary for both interest and fun levels, I've included some more information in a sub-spoiler just below. That said, I'll also take the interests of the people involved into account as well, which also makes it harder to give a good estimate of 'this is what'll appear in the game.'
As mentioned, this is a 'potential list' and based upon the interests of the participating parties as well. Can't have 'Erotic Horror' if people aren't into the first part.
  • F/M; F/F -- The mansion's owner and her maids are all female, so beyond interaction with one another, or an NPC party-guest (which I may or may not include pending interest) pairings will be with F characters.
  • Creature/Human -- It's Horror. There will be monsters. They may want to bed you, or
  • Light Vore -- Eat you. I won't be getting graphic with this openly; I don't mind taking it to PMs though if it happens and you're into that. In honesty, unless someone is specifically into it, i'd likely turn this into "You were eaten by a Grue" and just fade to black rather than get into detail unless the person in question is into that. ^^;;
  • Blood/Gore -- These may happen, I believe, but I'm going to err on keeping it light and not 'too graphic' if that makes sense. It depends on paths chosen, however, just like the above two. If the game ends leaning more toward Horror, well... !
  • Mind Control/Hypnotism -- I would say this falls more in line with 'suggestions' then full on mindscrew domination. Subtle, working behind the scenes.
  • Tentacles -- I'd say this is Cthuhlu-inspired, so...
  • Transformation -- Again, leaning on the horror aspect, and the general 'plot' I've in mind.
  • Noncon/Reluc -- I expect, given the general goings-in that will happen, there will be some reluctance, perhaps even some noncon, but this is more in the purview of the players. For all I know you'll all have crazy sex fiends who'll be glad to get dirty. :p
  • Light to Moderate BDSM Undertones -- I'd say leaning more on the D/s and S/m portions of the term than the B part. But these I can drop entirely if nobody is into without affecting too much, there are some others I could do the same with as well.
These are in no particular order, merely in the order they came to me from top to bottom based on ideas of 'if someone does this, this might happen' and so on.

Anyway, that's about... it, I think, for now? I can't think of much else to ad. I know it's a bit of an odd combination, but I'm a bit of an odd one and in the mood for something horror-y while also smutty, I guess you could say? Feel free to ask questions and poke at me. I know in parts I'm rather vague, I think mystery-horror doesn't work asss well if I tell you everything up-front. Since I'm aiming to have some mystery here. :3

RE: An Evening Dinner Invitation

Ooo, I've always been a fan of a good mystery! Count me in~

Oh, funderful. :3
I was hoping for at least three or four people, so here's hoping there might be a bit more interest here and there...

This seems pretty cool. Wanted to try something like this.

Alrighty then! :3
I'll start getting things written up so we can get started then. I've another one or two who I spoke to who might be interested as well. It shouldn't take me more than a week, ideally, but we'll have to see. ^^;;

OOC: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=78243
Profiles: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=78245

I only realise today the stuff I was writing up for a 'Setup and Rules' thread isn't necessary as that's only required in Systems Style RPs. >.>

Feel free to toss in a profile there. I'll be working on the getting the RP thread itself up soon.

This sounds like it could be fun. Always enjoyed anything Cthulhu inspired, and would give me a chance to come up with some inspired characters!

Got room for one more?

Mmhm, plenty of room for the moment. I'll mention when we're full up. I tihnk I might wait on getting the actual RP thread going until there are at least two or three profiles ready to go.

Well, I said "might," but with life slamming me these last few days (and looking like I'll be busy into the weekend), I'll confirm that I will be holding off on getting the intial RP thread going until: things settle, and there's one or two more profiles posted (I'm privately speaking to 2-3 other people presently, Selini amongst them, and a mutual friend of hers, as a heads up). I'd just like to make sure there's some initial staying power for the roleplay and that it gets a good kickoff rather than a (possibly) slow and shaky one.

If you've any questions you wish to ask, be it about the game, your character, or even me, feel free to toss a message my way. Unlike some of the things you may run into, I don't bite!

Alright, hate to triple post, but out of curiousity, where did everyone run off to? ^^;
At the moment it's somewhat lookling like I may put a fork in this one before it really begins. Have people been waiting on me to get the RP thread up, after I mentioned I was going to wait on more profiles to be finished prior? >.>
Mostly just poking this out of curiousity.

Back
Top Bottom