Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A space jaunt [Edward Thatch DonVoltonus]

Edward Thatch

Super-Earth
On the third planet orbiting Seti Alpha Prime, a lone merchant sat awaiting is contact. He considered his possible contact. He didn't even have a name, just a vague description of a female he'd never be able to forget. Something about wanting a stake or something. The message wasn't very clear, but his curiosity was piqued enough to come all the way to the ass end of no where to meet up. How he hoped this wasn't going to be another waste of his time. He sighed and waited.

He took in his surroundings and considered the civilization that used to be here. Slightly more advanced than Earth at current, but had managed to destroy themselves. A story all too common. He was beginning to worry he'd be just another lost life form here if his contact didn't hurry up and show. He was generally a patient guy, but today he business to attend to. He had a thousand gross of self sealing stem bolts to off load and a very motivated buyer back on Deep Space Prime. He sighed and kicked the rocks at his feet and wish for the umpteenth time his contact would just show her cute little ass, if it was a cute little ass and get here already. That's when he looked up and saw her coming. His jaw dropped.

The woman who approached was entirely nude, though she didn't look as though she needed any armor really. A gorgeous C-cup chest of smooth lavander flesh and a pert rear, offset by a back and limbs covered in threatening, wine-colored chitin, a bladed tail swaying behind her. Black hair spilled down her spiked back, stray strands hanging into her piercing violet eyes, a smile on her slim dark lips.

"Well hello." She spoke in a soft, melodic voice, the inside of her mouth a luminous violet. "You must be the trader I'm to meet here, aren't you?"

Thatch bows a noble manner and says, “Edward Thatch at you service. And what service would that be, if I might inquire.” He's finally got over his shock and is doing a fair job of covering it by suave habits and conversation. “Please, joint, have a seat here next to me and tell me what I can do for you?” Looking her over again, his opinion of her hidden by a face that had become a virtual mask.

She sat cross-legged on the ground, tail swaying slowly as she pulled out a small projector. "Simply put, I have an offer for you." The projector whirred to life, displaying floating models of a handful of relics. "These are what I've found on this planet so far, each one leading to the next, with old prophecies of riches and power. However, the next clue points offworld, and I don't have a ship anymore.....damn sandworms." She muttered.

Smiling he acted only mildly interested. “Yes, they can be a pest. So, where off world, what kind of treasure and what's the split?” He leaned back, casually awaiting her answer, idlely playing with a flute he had along with him.

"Fifty-fifty split. I'm not sure of the specifics of the treasure, or the planet, just vague adjectives and a set of coordinates to travel to." She smiled. "And before you say fifty pecent isn't fair because you need to hire people, I'm also a very effective bodyguard, cryptologist, and pilot."

“I'll take your skills into consideration.” Little did she know he was a reputed brawler, retired spy and his ship was alive and so piloted herself. “What my primary concern is regarding the split his this. From here on out, I'd be taking an equal share in the risks and hassles, but in addition, well not to be put too fine a point on it. Penny's my ship.” He sighed and acted a touch put out. “She may demand a percentage, occasionally she does.” Smiling at her he said, “Who can know the mind of a woman, or a ship? And she's both.”

Oh, he was more than intrigued by the offer, but his concerns were not the split or his ship's unique temperament. It was her appearance. She stood out and she would be intimidating t most. And not to mention, as much as he didn't like to admit it about himself, if he was going to be stuck woman on such a venture he preferred one he could imagine a cuddle with. She certainly didn't give off that vibe and lets face it, shells and tails was just not his thing.

Looking around at the desolate world he said, “Night falls fast here. Let me sleep on it. Okay?” He moved to started constructing a temporary shack from a portable supply kit he had. He looked over at her. “Your welcome to share my shelter and food if you like.” He returned to his construction and considered her and her prospects and his own petty reasons for leaning one way or the other. But hey, he'd already had a life time of running other people's errands and missions. He was retired, at least from the spy trade, after all. If he was going to give himself over to a new quest it was certainly going to be one he could enjoy.

"Of course, let me just slip into something more comfortable." She smiled, her body growing translucent, sliding herself out to reveal that the shell was not her body per-se, but some form of biological armor. She seemed to move with an inhuman liquidity, her hue and form changing and darkening.

What stood before him now was a lovely figure with soft, sky blue skin covered in cobalt and violet freckling, her hair replaced by shoulder length, shifting tentacles. Her tail remain, though now smooth, the last foot or so splitting into two flexible tips. "I think my armor might damage your shelter." She smiled.

He watched her transformation and when complete he had an arched eyebrow and responded with only one word. “Interesting”. He finally had the shelter up. It was a small 10' x 10' dutianium square with bunks swung down on the walls on either side of the door and a table and benches swung down from the back wall. There was a small crate in back labeled “field kitchen” and another labeled “latrine” Looking over his shoulder at her he motioned her in and said. “Make yourself comfortable.” He went to the “kitchen” crate and began preparing a simple but filling meal.

She smiled, taking a seat on one of the bunks, crossing her legs. "Well now, isn't this a nice little thing. Far better than curling up in my shell under a log." She chuckled, laying back, giving him a glimpse between her legs of faintly luminous blue before crossing them once more. " So, what do they call your species anyways?"

Looking a bit surprised, “I'm human, of course. What are you, if I may ask?” He continued on cooking their dinner and it smelt decidedly good. He avidly listened to her talk about her species and herself. He sighed as the meal was finished. He set out a basic “camp stew”, bread, salad and sweet breads. He opened two containers, the held a strong pungent stout beer. He looked at her apologetically and said, “Sorry, my tastes are not everyone's and was not sure if I'd be sharing so pack to my likes.”

She shrugged. "Not really sure what I'm supposed to be, woke up in some ruins, never have been able to find any more of my kind." She smiled, taking a bite with a frown. "Hmm, to your tastes huh?" She grabbed him and pulled him into a sudden kiss, tongue probing his mouth before she pulled back. "There we go, now my tongue is fixed to match your's." She smiled, taking another bite of food with a smile. "Yeah, much better tasting that way."

He was nodding along with her explanation when she kissed him. At first shocked he settled into the kiss and just started to give a bit back of his own when she broke the kiss saying now there taste's were aligned. “Odd” was all he was able to conjure up just then. He smiled at her and said, “That's a … particular way you have of feeling out another's tastes. Though I would recommend not making a habit of it. Kissing to humans is a romantic or sexual trigger. Just be aware.” He winked at her.

"Really? How strange. Most I've met just use it as a greeting." She shrugged, taking another drink. "I suppose you also have all sorts of triggers huh? I've heard you human all mate for love, or something odd like that?"

He laughed. “Well, love is the ideal, yes. But often enough we do it of the pleasure of it or the desire to be closer to one we care about. Some few, some sick few, do it to hurt another or express dominance over them.” Shaking his head. He grinned and looked at her and jokingly said, “Let me guess, you do it to seal a contract or a promise. Or you do it only to procreate..”

"No, mostly just for the pleasure." She shrugged, looking him over. "Although, if you want to do it to seal the contract I can't say I'd really object to it very much."

That ended his mirth and sobered him real quick. “Well, well. I was just kidding about that. I do not take my pairing as business contracts. But if you ever decide you just really want to for the fun of it, I'd be game.” he winked at her, again.

She smirked. "Well then, how about after dinner, you tell me all about your dream woman?" She asked, taking the bread to soak up some soup.

He laughed. “Not much to tell. I haven't met her yet so don't have one to dream about. I just love women, in a great assortment of permutations and variations.” Still chuckling he looks at, “Why do you ask? I mean its not exactly the common question a woman asks. She usually just assumes she's your dream woman.”

"Well from a personality standpoint I already know I'm the perfect woman." She smirked, downing the last of the beer. "But since I can change my body, I thought I'd let you choose the form that I take."

He looked at her again, as though for the first time. “Well, color me intrigued. But tell me, what is your natural form? Doesn't it ruffle your pride at all to take other shapes to please a man?” He looked her over again. Tails were not his thing but he could live with that. Tentacles were certainly a no go for him. He liked his women much closer to human. Though he would not dream of saying anything of the sort to her. Let's face a woman's pride was a devil to rattle. But he rather liked the rest of her. Strange could be fun, occasionally.

He finished his beer off and stood to get two more and offered one to her. “You speaks as though tripping me into bed is a foregone conclusion. Do you really think all men are truly that easy?” he asked with perfect curiosity and not a note of rancor about him.

"Not all men, but most." She smiled, standing up. "However, I really don't think my true form will be pleasing to anybody, it's not the most attractive of creatures you see." She blushed slightly, moving to sit back down on the bed.

“Ok” he said, “whether humans and you physical form are even biologically compatible, you've peeked my curiosity. I'd very much like to see you as you are. If I may.”

She shrugged, shrinking down to around 4'6'' with large B-cups, her skin becoming a metallic, mercury-like silver, her head topped now with a crest of swept back golden horns. Her eyes had become a pair of swirling golden pools, her four fingered hands resting on her thighs, a second set of arms growing below them. A thicker tail swayed behind her, ending in an odd, blunt bulb. "Like I said, not very impressive."

Grinning with and evil smile and mischievous light in his eyes he causally said, “Though, not exactly my ideal, you understand, but I'd do you. I mean I wouldn't kick you out of my bed.” He got up and walked over and sat next to her and placed a hand on her knee and smiled at her. “You are just a little different is all. Everyone's a little different. Look me, I look like a monster of a man, a true savage. Though I'm not and the appearance is one I have carefully developed, still I know how I appear.”

Back
Top Bottom