Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Forever

Waffles

Star
“Time is slipping.” Inalo whispered softly from the shadows that surrounded the lone Watcher known as Isk. “So I ask you, why are you wasting my precious time.?” Asked the moderator as he finally moved from the shadows. It’s light green skin contrasted sharply with its bright yellow eyes forcing people to steer endlessly into the void. In the race of the Moderator there were only males who could only be differentiated by their eyes.

“How can time be time precious to one who had endless amounts of it?” responded Isk his hands cups together behind his back in a show of respect.

“Just because I have a large amount of it doesn’t mean I wish to waste it.” Speaking in the same calm and cool tone as he was before he slowly brushed his hand to the shadow that surrounded them. From the darkness a loud creaking noise could be heard as light started to flood into the room as the blinds that covered the window moved to the side by an unseen force. “But enough with your witty banner. Why have you come to my chamber?” These creatures where not known for their patients.

“I am here to dispute with order 125465..”

“Ahh.. The mandatory draft of the young Watcher… I believe your pupil..”

“Yes he is sir…” Isk answered softly before looking away from Inalo and focusing his view to the floor. “I feel that maybe one of the other older Moderators would be more suited for this job.. I mean the boy is only 100 years old. He has at less another century before he will be even somewhat ready for this mission..”

“Its because he is young that he will be perfect for such a mission. You and many of those other Watchers have your areas of experiences that make you all indispensable.. Except for your pupil that is. If he was to die during his mission then so be it. However, if he is successful in this mission then he will be that much more important to this organization.”

“I understand..” he whispered softly lowering his eyes to the ground. It was obvious by how tense his body was that he wanted to argue with the Moderator, but he knew that doing such a thing would be worthless. When it came to the relationship between Moderators and Watchers was that of a million and his peasant.

“Very well, then go ahead and let him in me and the others would like to get this mission started..”

Yes sir..” With that he quickly moved towards the room door and left forcing himself not to slam the door as he close it. Instead of attacking the door once it was closed he yelled loudly before punching the wall on the other side in frustration. He had grown attached to his pupil and now to know that he may be personally sending a good friend to his death was not setting well with the older watcher. Sitting up slightly he turned his head slightly as he saw his pupil and friend walking towards him. Taking in a deep breath he turned to face him grinning slightly as he did.

“Ok then.. the Moderators want to see you now.. so don’t make a fool out of yourself.. is that understood.”

Aaron raised an eyebrow as he walked down the cold stone corridor, the bright torches and the heat from their flames doing little to warm the air around them. But then there was quite literally magic in the air here, ancient and often dark magic, enough to send a chill to the bone. "Master Isk..." Aaron smiled and bowed his head as he approached his teacher, and someone he considered a friend, perhaps the best friend he had known in his brief century of life so far. Well, it seemed brief to him anyway. Although Aaron was only half-Moderator, he enjoyed all the benefits of the species. Their innate magical talent, their virtually limitless, barring accidents, lifespans, and the ability to retain more knowledge than almost any other species, with the possible exception of certain elves, could imagine. Though unlike full blooded and green skinned Moderators, Aaron was virtually totally human in appearance. Then again, that was a common train amongst halfbreeds, they took on the physical appearance of the paired species rather than that of a moderator.

"Ah....they....are ready for me? I see....very well Master Isk, I wont let you down, I promise" The boy smiled slightly, adjusting his robes to ensure he was as presentable as he could be, before stepping up to the door, waiting for a few moments. The doors then swung open seemingly of their own accord, the creaking noise echoing down the corridor, before Aaron slowly stepped inside, keeping his eyes trailed on the floor as a sign of respect. After all, one did not look upon the Moderators without invitation. Well, not if you wanted to leave with the ability to see anyway. "My lords, as you requested I have answered your summons" Once in the center of the room, he slowly got down onto one knee, bowing before them. "How may I be of service to you?"

Isk kept his fake fragile smile plastered on his face for as long as Aaron was able to see even though his body struggled to break it. Once Aaron closed the door behind him the wall behind Isk started to crack as a small amount of his frustration was allowed to slip out. While the Moderators were known as gods to the many species that they supervised Isk was known as the living natural disaster. Swiftly he turned and started to make his way out of the Guardian Tower jumping over steps in an attempt to reach the exit faster. It couldn’t be denied that he hated having to stand in front of the guardians, but this was his duty as the elder of the Watcher community. Once the bright morning sun hit his caramel brown skin he sighed slightly in excursion as the weight of his anger lifted off his shoulders slightly.

“I take it that they didn’t except your proposal..” Whispered Ati as he slowly pushed a lone cigarette into Isk face. Sitting on his chocolate black stallion the sandy blond half elf looked onto Isk with kind blue eyes.

“Of course not..” responded Isk at he took the lousy from his seconded in command and pointed it back towards him. “But it expected.. it’s like talking to a fucking mule.. They never change their position in any manor”

“Yes that true..” still talking in a whisper Ati took two of his fingers and covered the tip of the cigarette causing a small amount of smoke of flow into the air. “But one must not get heated up on things one can not change..” he continued before pulling his fingers away a the tips a bright red at this time.

“A pun hun… kind of sucks..” Ati whispered to himself before putting the butt into his mouth and started to take in a deep breath. “Well then I take it that the others are recruiting the members correct?”

“Yes sir… you sure that will be all that we are going to need.”

“It will have to do.. I really don’t want to see this one die..”

“I know sir.”

--

“Yes we have…” Whispered one of the moderators as a group of five of them stood in front of Aaron making a slightly semi circle. The room was flooded with the light from the outside showing off the emptiness of the room that they where in. Other then the wall where the door was located the rest of the room was covered with windows that showed the world outside. In the middle of the floor separating them from him stood a small wooden end table. “You may serve us by going to the north and gathering information needed to the grand library.”

“It has come to all of our attention that we haven’t been given efficient information on what has happen to the continents up there from after the Great War. We are giving you a great opportunity to actually start your own book that you will write and that will be studied far after you have died. You should feel proud..” spoke Inalo softly as he walked around Aaron slowly.

“What we are asking you to do research on is the terrain, people, and Dirk.. Once you have gather enough information on these subject you may return and show us your repost..” while a few of these where actually typical for a normal report except for Dirk which seemed to have been quickly brushed by. “Do you understand?”

"I see..." Aaron smiled and nodded slightly as the Moderators spoke, making sure to pay careful attention. After all, the words of these Moderators in particular was more or less law across much of the world. Because of their skill in magic and long lifespans, these beings were seen as literal gods in some places. Of course knowing such a thing also made him a little nervous. He was standing before gods, people who's magical ability so far outstripped his own that it was beyond even his dreams. "I will do my best to serve you" He nodded his head, bowing slightly to confirm he would undertake the mission happily. This was his big chance after all, his chance to finally make a name for himself and earn some respect among the other watchers, and perhaps even among the Moderators. After all, they were half his own kind, even if he didn't look like them.

"I understand but....I did have one question. I understand the terrain and people but.....dirk....sir? I don't quite understand...." He rubbed the back of his head, trying not to sound too much like he didn't know what they were talking about. But then, this was going to be his very first mission out in the field after nearly a century of study. "And may I ask....will I be going alone? Or....will Master Isk be accompanying me?" Aaron was hoping that the latter would be true, he enjoyed the company of his master and friend, and to be alone on his first field mission....it would make him feel somewhat uneasy.

What is Dirk?

They repeated back to the young Aaron coldly as a dark shadow covered the room hiding them the morning sun. Slowly four of the Moderators started to go their separate ways as only one stood in front of the boy now.

“That question has two answers..” he whispered in a calm almost fatherly tone. Moving his hand and swung open his robe showing off its brilliant crimson color. “Now young child watch carefully for we do not enjoy repeating ourselves.”

One of the Moderators finally joined the other throwing a young man onto the ground in front of him. The mans skin was a pale white like a sheet of paper. His body cringed over, as he started to shaked violently as if he was missing something important to make his body function properly. Screaming silently he looked up at all of them before falling to the ground again scratching at his sides ripping off his clothing until his fingers started to draw his own blood.

“This is Dirk..” started the main moderator as he was handed a sword from the third one that joined the other two. “His mind at this moment is blank.. He is properly having a hard time even trying to breath at a time like this. It is actually amazing that he is able to leave for as long as he had. And this is the seconded definition of Dirk..”

As he finished talking the fourth Moderator walked in putting a small black seed on the table, which quickly received a reaction from the human. Moving quickly he tried to crawl to it quickly his nails digging into the carpet as reached out for it only to feel the sting of iron as it pierced into his flesh.

“As you see it has a alluring guilty to it which when taken will force those to keep coming back to it.” Whispering softly he started to pull out the blade from the man’s hand slowly. Screaming as he tossed around the man’s eyes never lost focus on the small seed. “From all the information that we have found this drug has came from the north.. And has hit the shore of Alice on the east side of the continent.” The man continued to move forward towards the small seed dripping blood across the floor as he moved. Out stretching his other hand it was also stabbed into the ground this time the sword was left there.

“It spread quickly leaving the city as nothing more then a ghost zone.. Everyone human, elf, or any other species was sucked in its grasp. Many died of starvation.” Still moving the man arched up sticking out his tongue as he tried his best to taste it.. Just to feel the sweet numbness one his tongue once more. “What we need you to do.. Is to find what is creating this drug…” moving slowly he lifted his sword slowly placing it on the back of the mans neck. “And snuff it out…” with one quick thrust the blade pierced through and killed the man his body still stretching out for his sweet poison. “do you understand?”

Aaron didn't understand as the Moderators got up and left, had he offended them in some way? Perhaps his question had simply been too stupid. But soon, things were to be made clear. Aaron smiled slightly as the first Moderator spoke in such a whisper, it brought comfort....but then Aaron was half-Moderator himself, it was only natural he could find such a feeling from one such as this. The confusion returned however when the pale, sickly looking man was thrown to the floor infront of him, Aaron tilting his head and looking back up at the Moderators, still clearly confused. "Is this man....sick....? He....he seems to have lost all sense of reason....he's acting like some kind of animal...." But he soon learned this was no sickness, at least not in the traditional sense. The man wasn't mad, he hadn't been driven insane, he was merely suffering the symptoms of withdrawl. Aaron had read about similar experiences, people acting oddly when withdrawing from something addictive. But for the effect to be this strong....he knew of nothing like it.

"My god.....what could possess someone to take this drug? What possible benefit does it give for people to start taking it in the first place....?" Aaron shook his head, wincing as he watched the man's hand stabbed to prevent him reaching the small seed, and yet it barely slowed the man down. After an initial cry of pain, he either forgot about or ignored the stab wound and continued for his prize. "It's so strong....so addictive.....I never would've thought it possible. No plant or magic I've studied ever has this effect...." The young man, or at least young for a half-breed Moderator, slowly shook his head, then couldn't help squeak when the poor fool was finally put out of his misery. Still....perhaps it was for the best if there was no other way to help him.

"So....there's no cure.....?" Aaron looked at the mans corpse for a moment, as if burning the image into his mind as a reminder of what was at stake, before looking back up at the Moderators. "I see......then I accept this assignment with honour.....I will find the source of this drug, and I will find a way to help those who have fallen under its curse" He bowed before the Moderators once more, nodding in response to his orders. "I will put a stop to this, whatever it takes. Am I to undertake this task alone....? Or will others accompany me?"

Slowly the man’s blood trickled onto the carpet spreading around quickly as he was left in the middle of the room. “As we expected..” As the crimson liquid neared the Moderators is stopped spreading never touching them as if some magical force was guiding it. As the Moderators talked it seemed that while they all looked alike a different personalities started to emerge.

Crimson Moderator nodded his head slightly before walking closer to the young half-breed. “You have the blood of the gods running through your veins.. You will not need no help in such matters nor any other..” now his voice was much sterner then before as he neared the young one. While the tone of his voice didn’t change it was more the intention of each word that allowed Aaron to know that he had said something inappropriate to them. In their eyes even 1/20 of a Moderator was greater then any other species able to out power them with ease, no matter how false that statement truly was.

“A cure is not our concern..” chimed in another moderator wearing a Ruby robe . “All we want is information.. Your missions is to go to the north and find out who and making it.. What are the full effects and why they are being made.. Those who are addicted will most likely die of their stupidity.. That is not your or our concern..” as the Ruby Moderator talked it was obvious that the Crimson one didn’t like what was being spoken as his body cringed up.

“However.. The cure can also be apart of the information of the drug itself and is it not imperative that we discover everything that we can..” speaking once again in a soft tone Crimson turned slightly to face Ruby.

“..Argg.. Well do whatever.. I would have preferred if we would just let this hand of fate move over the land and take with it those who aren’t smart enough to avoided its touch.” Turning around and walking away slowly the Ruby one swung open his cloak before moving out of the room going through a large door in which no one other then the Moderators had even been through.

“Even though I am sad to say his emotion is getting the most of him.. He is right.. The cure will be found out here in the lab.. But what is more important is to find out the who, what, when, where, why, and how.. Of Dirk.” Sung softly the black-cloaked Moderator as he stepped forward. “However.. I feel as if we have spoken too long.. Your time is short.. And if you want to be able to make it to the boat in time you are going to need to pack quick..” moving slowly the moderators arm slowly peeked out of the robe showing off its long blue arm with claw like fingers. “Praise the heavens.. For this is a gift you will not get again..” slowly his hand touched his forehead softly before a cool breeze past through him. It was as if he was put into a deep sleep as if his body was caressed softly with clouds.

As he opened his eyes he would find himself in his room standing in the middle with his close folded neatly onto his bed a suitcase nearby. One his forehead was a tattoo the symbol of the Moderators a great gift which only two people before him was given.

“So you finally showed up hum?” Ati spoke with a chuckle before standing up from Aaron’s chair. “That tattoo looks really good on you..” he whispered quiet seductively as he neared Aaron in a rather uncomfortable way. Normally it would seem that Ati would stay away from Aaron at all cost only getting near to people who had great power or skill, but now after having the pleasing of the Moderator on him Ati was now even sucking up to him. “So what did the holy ones way..” whispered Ati in his ear softly.

Adrian watched curiously as the blood came to a stop, then changed direction as it got near the moderators. It was no surprise though, they likely felt such dirty blood wasn't worthy to be near them. Slowly he looked back up, nodding slightly as they began to talk of his blood. He knew that they had a point, the Moderator blood flowing through his veins did indeed mean he had strong magic within him, but it wasn't just the help he wanted someone to go with him.....Adrian had never been alone before, there had always been someone at the academy, either other students or his teacher Isk.

"I see...." He nodded slightly at the comment that a cure wasn't their concern, deciding it would be best not to argue. Still, at least one of them seemed to show a little bit of sympathy. "Ah....yes....I will gather all of the information that I can.....whether this includes a cure or not..." He smiled softly, watching as one of the Moderators turned and left, seemingly a little angry. Still, Adrian wasn't particularly sorry about that. He wanted to find a cure if he could, to help the innocents that had fallen victim to this drug, this....plague as it were.

Adrian blinked as he watched one of them extending an arm, the robes slipping back to reveal the strange blue arm. Some people would react with awe, some would react with absolute disgust at the sight of this inhuman thing. But Adrian.....these were his people. At least half his people anyway, he just smiled and watched, though he gasped as the words were spoken, and one of them slowly touched his forehead. He had never dared imagine such a thing, that he would be given this. He smiled as he felt the cool breeze, then slowly closed his eyes, feeling a gentle, blissful sleep overtake him.

By the time he awoke, he gasped and sat up quickly, blinking and glancing around. "Ah.....they think of everything....." He chuckled, glancing over towards a mirror, seeing the tattoo on his head, reaching up to poke at it for a moment, before squeaking and looking over at the voice. He hadn't even realised someone was in the room with him. "Ah.....Master Ati...." Adrian quickly bowed his head in respect. After all, Ati was above even Adrian's own teacher Isk, and it was important to show respect. Though....the way Ati was talking and moving, it made Adrian just a tad.....uncomfortable. "Um....ah...thank you....I was honoured to receive this...." He laughed nervously, looking up at the other man, one who had avoided him in the past. "Ah!" Adrian quickly jumped up as Ati got close, enough to whisper right into his ear. "Um....they're sending me on a mission to the north....." He laughed nervously once more, taking a few steps away from the man.

Ati chucked softly as he noticed how nervous the young Aaron became when they both touched. It was these little things that made the short Ati grin to himself slightly. For years Ati was alone with no body but himself to talk to, so seeing others react towards him brought him a slight feeling of satisfaction. Leaning back slightly he stared up at the wooden ceiling clicking the heels of his shoes together slowly. “So how did it feel..” he whispered softly his tone soft and calm. “I mean.. it most have felt great.. you should keep that marking as a prize to yourself.. but sadly it is a mark to anyone else.” Turning to face Aaron slowly his hands moved and started to undo his own headband before taking it and tying it around Aaron’s covering up the tattoo. When he was tying it his lips neared close to Aaron’s ear as he whispered not in a tone that the young watcher was use to. “This marking is just a stain..” moving back slightly Ati looked at Aaron with worried eyes. “So then lets get going.” In the center of his forehead was a branding with the a unknown language written on it. Tilting his head slightly Ati allowed his hair to fall over it hiding it once again. “Come on.. stop giving me those sexy eyes.. and lets get going we go moving to do..”

Jumping up off of the bed Ati chuckled before dancing around and running out of front door quickly. His behavior seemed to change from time to time on a wind making him a hard man to figure out. While he was ranked higher then Isk it was common knowledge that he would gladly take orders from him without question. He seemed to do what he wanted without question from anyone ether out of fear or respect.

Ati waited outside of him to come out before jumping around happily clicking his heals together. “Yeah we are ready to head off now!!” Jumping up once again he turned around before stopping quickly as he saw Isk from the destent standing still happily was he approached near.

“Are you ready my dear friend.” Isk asked Aaron asked calmly before bringing with him a large white stallion and handing it to the young boy. “We will need to start off now.. or we will not make it there in time.”

“And what of me?”

“Have you gotten the people that I asked for..”

“Of course I did..”

“Then go back and take charge of my resament… I will be back before the sun rises.”

“Yes sir, but you owe me.. I want a piece of lamb.. no no I want a entire lamb.”

“If you do it for me I will get you four lambs and you will be able to mate them to have as much lamb meat as you want.”

Ati laughed loudly before running off quickly dancing as he did.

“Strange one that boy… well are you getting on your horse or not?”

"Hm? How did it feel...? Well....it did feel pretty nice, for a few moments anyway. I sort of fell asleep right after they began....though I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen or not..." Aaron rubbed his head, then blinked as Ati moved over, then reached over to put a headband on him. For a moment, Aaron was going to protest and remove it, wanting to show off the mark, but then a thought occurred. Perhaps this was the best course of action after all. If people saw that mark on his head, he'd be the center of attention, people would be begging him for help for all their problems, he would never be able to accomplish his mission. "Ah...um....thank you...." Aaron smiled lightly, blinking at the mark on Ati's own forehead, about to question the mark, but he didn't get the chance. "A stain....?" He raised an eyebrow at that comment....quite an unusual thing to say....some could almost consider it blasphemy, but then Aaron wasn't all that religious, and he knew better than to believe the Moderators were gods. Powerful beings yes, but not gods.

Picking up his pack, Aaron slung it over his shoulder and moved to follow Ati, who seemed to be acting like a child all of a sudden. It brought a grin to Aaron's face as he followed, glancing over at Isk as they arrived, nodding as he looked up at the horse. "Ah, yeah they said it would be best to hurry or I'd miss the boat. That wouldn't exactly be a great start to my first solo mission would it?" He chuckled slightly, turning to Ati and bowing his head. "Thank you Master Ati, for all you did for me" He more or less ignored the comment about the people that had been asked for, he figured it was none of his business, something between the two that would transpire when he was gne.

"Ah, yes!" Aaron quickly looked over at Isk, hopping up onto the back of the horse, looking down at Isk and smiling again. "Thank you too Master Isk....you've done so much for me this past century, I promise I'll succeed in my mission and come back to show you how much I've learned" He grinned and bowed his head, then tapped the side of the horse in order to set off towards the port.

â??I wish you the best luck on your journey, you are no longer my student but my equal.â? He responded before bowing with Aaron standing up proudly as he watched his pupil ride off into the distance. As he stood watching him he had to force himself to stay silent as every fiber of his being wanted to go screaming after the boy. â??Please winds. I ask you for little, but please guide him back to me safe and sound.â? Whispering softly he prayed to himself as he turned his horse around and started to ride towards his own destination, the home of the Death.

On the trip to the Sea Port was Aaron had to cross a long curved road which lead through two large mountain sided before opening up into the Abyss Desert. This part of the continent was known as the Dragonâ??s Mouth because of the jaggedness of the mountains on ether side as well as the intense heat most felt while traveling down its path. Since any traveler going down this path was stuck in this small area with no shade it was no shock that theyâ??re where skeletons and corpses of previous attempts of people whom where foolhardy enough to attempt this trip unprepared. However Aaron wasnâ??t in danger because Isk had already thought of that and packed his horse full of canteens as well as a sheet that could be used to block his face from the sun. Yet, that formation of the mountains and the heat wasnâ??t the only reason why this place was known as the Dragonâ??s mouth, and Aaron was about to find out first hand why.

A monstrous commotion started to erupt from behind Aaron growing louder and louder with each passing seconded. Its bulky body scrapped against the walls of the contracting mountains tearing off pieced off rocks with its scarp scales that lined its body. One after another its foot crashed into the ground causing large trimmers as it dashed through the small passage kicking up derby with each step. Sharp fangs lined its jaw, as its mouth remained wide-open showing off its long blood red tongue. Iron chains flew in the clear blue sky connected to the beast creating loud scratching noise against the rocks letting one know of its presence. Wings where pulled back unable to spread out because of the close quarters, which drove this beast, mad as it desperately searched for the open space where it could spread them out wide. Spotting Aaron in its path the lethally armored beast lowered its head before emitting a large bellowing roar, which could be heard all throughout the country, sided.

The exit to this death trap was still a little over a half a mile away, and while his horse would easily made the trip it was unsure if the Dargon foot wouldnâ??t crush them first. Staying or fleeing was his only to option and the huge stature of the dragon hinted that such a thing as fighting it was unwise.

For most of the trip, Aaron was rather bored. Whilst he enjoyed visiting new places, the travel to them was often long and boring. Why couldn't he have just travelled by magic? Surely someone could've opened up a portal or something. Still....he guessed the journey was supposed to be part of the learning experience or something. It was only made worse by the fact that he was alone. For the last century Aaron had always been around others. His master, other students, there had always been somebody around. This was the first time in his life he'd really been alone for quite this long. With a bored sigh, Aaron flicked a little hair from his face and leaned forward a little more on the horse for support, wishing it could go faster without tiring out too quickly.

His boredom wasn't destined to last though it seemed. As he heard the odd noises, Aaron began to shift, at first slowing the horse down so he could turn around without fear of falling off, but what he saw quickly made him change his mind, immediately turning to get the horse to move faster, much faster, as fast as it would possibly go. "Oh crap....not a dragon...of all the damn things.....why a dragon?! I can't fight something like that!" He glanced back over his shoulder again, seeing the dragon getting closer and closer, slowed only by the fact it couldn't spread its wings, the loud roar almost deafening, especially as it echoed off the cavern walls.

"Oh great.....now what do I do...?" The exit of the valley wasn't too far ahead, but that didn't mean the dragon would stop chasing them, it only meant that it would be free to spread its wings and attack at will. He had to do something to get rid of it before then, though he doubted if he could kill it.
Shifting around, Aaron turned himself on the horse so he was facing back to the dragon, holding his hands out and closing his eyes. "Ok....here's hoping that seal gives me enough of a boost...." The boy began to chant slowly, almost silently at first, but it quickly became faster and louder, his hands glowing.

After a few moments, Aaron's eyes snapped open and he pulled his hands apart, each one surrounded in a glowing light, connected together by a chain of magical energy. He quickly thrust his hands out, the light blasting towards the dragon, or more specifically, its feet. Whilst Aaron knew there was no way he was powerful enough to kill, or probably even harm, such a creature, he hoped this chaining spell would at least clasp its front feet together and stop it for long enough that he could get far enough away and escape....

The beast opened its mouth widely presenting its numerous amounts of sharp bone crushing teeth as well as its long thick red tongue. Moving closer its firry red eyes locked on its target unaware of the spell that was cast upon it making it ease for the magical chains to wrap around its thick legs causing it to trip from the sudden stop of motion. As it desperately tried to stop its inevitable fall a cascade of chains flew behind it all having been broke when the dragon escaped its prison. One particular chain however was much more interesting as it was tied around a young girl who was thrown high into the air. Shaking around wildly the dragon continually slammed the young girl against the sides of the gagged rock sides, and at times it seemed as if the girl had died, at times. “Help!!! Please, someone get me off this crazy thing!”

As it finally started to fall the dragon lunged its self-forward just barely able to escape through the small opening only inches away from the running wizard. Swiftly its back muscles worked forcing its powerful wings to expand before flapping powerfully causing a large gust of air strong enough to through Aaron and his horse almost half a mile. Lifting itself from the ground the Dragon roared out as it betted its wings harder catching itself only inches way from falling and shooting it towards and over Aaron. As it moved at amazing speeds the young girl who was tied to one of the chains slammed her forehead into his before being carried away still screaming for help. It was obvious that if the dragon wasn’t stopped she would be taken away never to seen again.

Flying throw the air swiftly the young girl who was still chained up lifted her body up quickly as a large spear flew under her legs and strike the dragon in the side causing it to veer to the left quickly. “Good job!” Yelled a warrior who was much too far to see from where Aaron was located.

“Fuck you!!” Screamed back Mary
57f500889e9a784308d6b1b3335d9eb509c183df.jpg
as the dragon started to plummet to the ground. It the behemoth of a dragon did fall however it would have crunched Aaron.

Aaron cried out as he was thrown from his horse, flying through the air, having to cast a cushioning spell to stop both himself and his horse being killed by the fall, them both landing softly back on the ground. "What the hell....?" He glanced up slowly, blinking as the dragon flew overhead, now spotting the girl that was chained to it. "Eh...? Was....she there before....?" He blinked, rather curious as to why the girl was chained to the dragon like that. Had she been trying to capture it or something? Or had his spell somehow caused that?

Before he could truly consider it however, a spear somehow shot out of pretty much nowhere, slamming into the dragons side and causing it to start falling. "Oh dear....this isn't good..." The dragon was falling right towards him, and Aaron quickly started chanting, holding his hands up above him. A massive magic circle suddenly expanded from his hands, large and bright enough to be seen for miles around, causing the dragon to suddenly stop in mid air, then start moving towards the ground slowly, and more importantly, not ontop of Aaron, instead allowing it to land beside him, and allowing the girl to land gently on the ground, Aaron dropping onto his knees in exhaustion once it touched down. "Oh man....that....was heavy...." He rubbed his head and panted for a few moments to get his breath back, such a powerful spell on such a powerful magical creature had really drained him.

“You idiot!” screamed Mary to the point that her voice seemed to go horse as she did. “Do a cage spell! Quickly!” as she started to bark orders a deep low roar started to shake the landscape as the fallen dragon started to move slowly. Trying her best to pull away from the creature she tried to hop away, but to no success falling on her face hard before slowly being dragged back as the enormous beast started to get up. For all of the times she slammed into the sides of mountain the young girl seemed to remain unharmed, it didn’t take a genius to figure out that she was far from human.

Slowly it’s wings expanded blocking out the sun and covering Aaron in coldness of the dark as its long neck turned towards him. Its face was only a few feet away from Aaron as the smell of burnt flesh quickly felled the as pieces of older meals still rested between its teeth. Swirling around slowly it power tail made its way to the long spear that had impaled him and pulled it out throwing it to the side with ease. Opening its mouth widely it arched backwards before lunged forward in an attempt to eat the young magician as punishment for his interference. Before its massive jaws could surround him however it reeled back in pain scream out in a high pitch-defining yell. Quickly whipping its neck around the dragon witnessed as Mary bit a bit of flesh on its underbelly, which wasn’t covered by it armored scales, however before it could react to the one treat it was forced to jump back in order to avoid the other more deadly one.

Swinging down hard the swordsman who had thrown the spear was now in front of Aaron his bladed severing the connection of both the dragon and Mary. “I told you not to go off by yourself..” whispered the older man softly as he swiftly lifted his bladed leveling it so that it separated both them and the dragon as it started to size them up.

“What took you? And what was with that spear thing?.. You almost hit me..” as Mary nagged the swordsman yarned loudly before looking over in Aaron’s direction.

“Yeah, you may want to take cover.. Slaying a dragon can be a kind of messy thing..”

“A dragon?” a deep roaring voice which location was unknown covered the three of them as they quickly turned to face the dragon. Its large mouth turned into a grin as it slowly moved to face the three of in a stand off. “ What do you mean? There is no dragon here.. Only a god! And you are only foolish humans.”
“Actually, I am not human… nether is she… nor is that guy.. Yeah in truth no one here is” whispered the swordsman softly pointing to each individual as he mentioned him or her. The man seemed to speak really slowly almost sickly as he lowered his sword slowly.

“It doesn’t matter!” Screamed the dragon as it arched upwards and betting its wings causing a large storm in front of the three of them. “What ever you are you will die! For I am the Hell Beast Scar Singe.”

“Well, that really isn’t good..” chimed in the swordsman before he scratched the back of his slowly. “I have way to many stories to tell and to hear.. For I am Mid Night Keith http://img2.gelbooru.com//images/48/1e590324651446c880025ad20ca8fdabedda290b.jpg?47709 the Story Teller.”

“And I am.. The ferocious, deadly, indestructible, brilliant, and charming blessing to this world Mary the Beast Queen.” As she finished introducing herself and kicking out of the huge amounts of chains she stood up before standing next to Keith. “And that guy is a idiot!” she added pointing to Aaron.

Do a cage spell she said. Like it was really that simple. People like her never had any understanding of the intricacies of magic, how much it drained from a person, even a strong one, even someone half moderator like him. But then as far as either of these two would know, Aaron was entirely human, and he intended to let them keep thinking that. The last thing he needed was everyone finding out he was half moderator, which as far as most people would believe made him half-god. After all, in this land the Moderators were the closest thing to true gods that there were. Instead, Aaron just stood up slowly as he recovered his breath and his energy, rubbing the back of his head slightly, making sure his headband was still present to cover up the mark the Moderators had put upon him, before looking over as a man also arrived on the scene.

Typical dragon....Aaron had read about them during his studies. Always so full of themselves...believing they were more than they truly were. Yes, they were very powerful magical creatures, but far from gods, and far from immortal. It most certainly wasn't unheard of for dragons to die of old age, something which no Moderator had ever succumbed to.

Aaron watched the scene unfold infront of him, then hung his head as the two introduced themselves. Just who were these people? They seemed to be turning this into some kind of stage show rather than a fight for their lives. For a moment, Aaron considered just leaving and letting them deal with the dragon themselves, but when she made her little comment, he twitched and suddenly turned around. "Idiot? You're the one who got caught by some stupid dragon!" He pointed at the creature, though was glaring at Mary. "I'm the one who stopped you falling to your death! And you!" He suddenly pointed at Keith. "Watch who's on the ground the next time you decide to knock a dragon out of the sky! Not everyone can catch one like that y'know!"

“See? Thinking I was captured by the dragon. If you have any smarts you would know that it was the dragon who was captured by me.” Folding her arms the young Mary seemed to actually believe in what she was saying no matter how ridiculous it sounded. “I had it right in my grasp before you cast the stupid cuff spell. You really need to think if you’re planning on living for longer then a day out in the wild.” Shrugging her shoulders the young girl spoke condescendingly to him.

“I am sorry about that! But you really shouldn’t be calling the fire breathing Beast stupid you know.” Keith commented with a gentle smile on his face as he pointed at the dragon that was now facing Aaron. It seemed as if Keith was extremely use his young partner easily ignoring her rather then getting annoyed. Loudly the dragon screamed out before lunging forward towards Keith who quickly moved out the way and grabbing Mary and running off into the open field. “It would be wise for you to run for safety my good stranger.” As he ran off Mary screamed words that made no since.

The dragon quickly spread its wings before running towards Adrian quickly arching its head back before shooting out a huge stream of flames aimed for the young wizard.

"Wha...hey! Wait!!" Aaron growled as the two suddenly ran off, the boy looking back to the dragon and taking a step back as it blew out a stream of flames, stepping aside slightly to barely avoid them. "Oh great.....just great....they leave me all alone with this thing...." He took a further few steps back, swallowing nervously. Sure, Aaron had lived and trained for a century now, even though he barely looked more than 18 years old. Still, in all that time he'd never exactly learned much about dragon slaying..... "Ehehehe....nice dragon...?"

Aaron grinned nervously, then quickly glanced over at his horse, summoning one of his spell books so it would appear in his hand. "Ok.....ok a cage spell..." He quickly let go of the book, allowing it to float infront of him as he began to chant, his entire body beginning to glow, the boy casting the spell as quickly as he dared, hoping that the mark the Moderators had given him would increase his power as much as everyone said. As soon as it was ready, Aaron cast the spell, attempting to completely cage the dragon in order to trap it, in order to keep it bound so he could escape.

Slowly the dragon’s lifted its mighty wings causing another gust of air to blow away anything near it. Before the cage spell started to form the giant beast was out of its reach as it took the sky, its long armored tail slithered its way from the bars. Curling around, the dragon focused its attention to Aaron whose ability to cast a cage spell put him as the most dangerous one of the group. With a flip of its tail the dragon lunged forward able to fly as gracefully as sharks where to swim and twice as fast. In a flash the giant beast’s fangs filled mouth was upon him and in an instant it slammed shut. As the dragon raised up into the sky once again its mighty jaws started to chew down on its pray feeling the bones crush before quickly stopping as it noticed something. Having eaten many, many humans and human like creatures this dragon and still tasted nothing like it.. In fact it taste.. Speciously like.. Manure.

Both Aaron and Keith appeared in a pile of manure head deep in the middle of an abandoned field. As they did Mary gently landed next to them on the dirt smiling happily as she did. “I say that was a fantastic rescue.” She said loudly before punching her fist into the air. “I am awesome”

“Awesome my ass..” yelled Keith as he pulled himself from the Manure gagging loudly as he did. “Why transport us in shit? Of all things why shit?”

“Hay, don’t be mad at me. You know that Flinks can only transport to the last place they slept and well I guess this was its last sleeping spot.” A Flink was a massive bovine know in the southern continents as the giant givers. One of these beasts where able to feed an entire city easily and where normally seen huddled together in the wild. “Plus I got us away from the Armored dragon.. if only it didn’t have its armor then I would have had it.” She proudly stated to herself.

“Why didn’t you try the back of its neck? The armor of its scales doesn’t reach there.” Keith pointed out as he spat out the last bit of manure in his mouth. With this revelation Mary’s body sunk down low as she started to curse herself. Looking over to Aaron Keith extended a hand. “You need help?” he asked politely. “And sorry about your horse.. But it wouldn’t have been able to fit in the transport.”

“Yes I would have, but that thing had a magical shield around it so I couldn’t touch it..” Mary correct sharply.

Oh gods.....the smell....the smell was.....Aaron had never smelt anything like it, and immediately he scrambled to get away from the pile of manure, though his body was covered in it, and cleaning spells had never exactly been something he had studied, he would need to find a river, a stream, a lake, something[/b where he could clean himself! "I....that was....the most unpleasent experience of my life...." Aaron coughed and shook his head. "Please tell me there's a river near here....oh please tell me....." He shook his head, then glanced around and wondered just where he was. Now he had no idea....no idea how to et his bearings back, no idea how to get to the port he was headed for.

"I....not that I'm ungrateful to be away from the dragon but....where are we....?" He looked between Keith and Mary, sighing as they began to argue once again....they really were like children....

Back
Top Bottom