Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Convention (Experiment 624 x Thenamelessone)

Experiment 624

Meteorite
“Pleeeeease!” She begged, giving Adrian her cutest puppy dog eyes. “You said you’d cosplay with me. Please? Just wear the hat.” She asked, holding the cap she had made for him.
“I’m sorry, I’m just not comfortable with it. What if one of my work buddies saw me at a convention for kids shows?” Adrian shuffled his feet anxiously as usual.
“I’ll tell you what, if you wear the hat for me, I’ll show you my Pikachu panties…”
“I don’t get it, It’s my birthday, why do we have to be doing what you want??”
“You know this convention is only in town for the weekend and I’ve spent that last two months on this cosplay!”
“Right, the one you missed my Aunt’s birthday to work on.”
“I TOLD you Alex was coming to help me that day. You’re not being fair!”
“I just wish you could be less addicted to your stupid shows!”
“STUPID?? Maybe I’ll just go to the convention by myself!”
“Maybe you should!”

One week later, Macy sat on the curb outside the Jatvis Center, wondering how her life had gone so wrong. Had she really thrown out a two-year relationship over a cosplay opportunity? Then again, Adrian had always been against her cosplaying. He said he didn’t like how she showed off her body to so many people.
He didn’t understand. Cosplaying made her feel empowered. She had always been criticized for not being girly enough, for being into nerdy guy things, like anime and comics. But now, she had over 20 thousand followers on Instagram, revered for the same activities she was shamed for as a child. When she first joined the anime community she was called a faker, a mockery. When she cosplayed, she was accepted, adored.
But she still loved him, and now, sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, she willed herself not to cry…

Back
Top Bottom