Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Monsters & Mayhem [P ii x ii e & Krakenator]

P ii x ii e

Meteorite
Elise frowned, mashing her lips together tightly in an attempt at silence. She stood before her adventuring troupe, enduring their laughter and taunts; she knew they didn’t believe her capable, but she knew better. She only needed one shot to prove them wrong, and when she returned victorious, she would relish in their shock. Smacking the smirks off their faces would prove reward enough.

Elise was a young adventurer, fresh out of the village and eager to gain rank. She had joined the only group that would have her, but sometimes she wondered if their trouble was worth it. They were a group primarily of men, and each one of them had years of experience on her. Their kill count was in the thousands, and their name was well known. She’d been thrilled when they’d agreed to her pleas for a chance, but days later, and she still hadn’t been issued a mission.

Thankfully, that was about to change. Moments ago, they had informed her of a bounty she was to answer - alone. A formidable monster was stalking the forest, picking off travelers and adventurers alike. Had she not been so desperate to finally showcase her skills, she would have been nervous. Of course, before they supplied the more important details, they found it prudent to tease, and have a good laugh at her expense.

Tossing golden waves with an indignant sigh, she planted her hands upon her slender hips and stared them down. She’d had enough; she just wanted to know which way to head, and then she could be on her way! “The longer you laugh, the longer that thing is out there, killing! Don’t any of you care?”

The Iron Drakes were known far and wide for being the crew you hired to get things done. Sieges? Broken. Bandits? Slaughtered. Monsters? Occasionally made into steak. These were warriors from all walks of life, skilled in the art of war and making a good, honest living from the points of their blades. These were hard men, warriors, men who laughed in the face of death and lived life to the fullest as coin poured in from clients all across the Twin Empires. They were also, by and large, assholes. Big burly assholes, lean sneaky snarky assholes, cocksure arrogant jerk-asses. Not the easiest bunch to get along with by any means, but to even be accepted into their ranks meant that a prospect was doing something right.

Or, it might just mean that they were hoping to dump shit jobs and busy work on them. While also doling out plenty of mockery. Thus far, Elise had largely been prone to the latter, though she was persistent. Almost irritatingly so, in the eyes of some of her new comrades. The camp was one of many along the edge of the Esterwood, an ancient glade largely untouched by mortal hands save for the one narrow passage used by any folk desperate enough for a detour around the mighty forest. Foul things skulked in the wood, evil things that held little but malice in their hearts. It wasn't the first time that the Iron Drakes were making forays into the forest, and it wouldn't be the last. It might well be the first time that a new member was sent in on her own, however. Elise's mettle would soon be tested.

They only snickered and scoffed at her protests, a group of four sitting around a campfire and drinking as the sun disappeared behind distant peaks. "Hah! You want to head off in there, do you? As night falls? You're a brave one," teased one warrior, a big brute by the name of Valdr. The large company was divided into smaller crews and camps, and it was Valdr who was in charge of this one. A bear of a man with wild, windswept red hair and what seemed like a perpetual smirk on his stony face. "Chances are that thing is in there trying to find a place to sleep. Why go stumbling around in the dark and wake it up?" He drank from a pot of ale, green eyes roving over her form without a lick of shame. His three partners, Skodi, Halfdan and Ivar all hissed laughter at Valdr's complete dismissal of her concerns. Serpents, the three of them.

"Come, sit with me. You need a drink to loosen you up!" He reached for a fresh mug, shaking it invitingly at her. Trying to coax her over, more like.

Elise glowered, her narrowed gaze flickering between the four. She knew that proving her worth among this particular troupe would bring her more prestige than she could hope for on her own, and so she tried to ensure she wasn’t an irritation. But she needed this! Couldn’t they understand? They had taken her on for a reason - was that reason simply to torment her? Huffing, she crossed her arms beneath her ample bosom, her heavy breasts resting alluring upon her arms. “No, thank you.” She scoffed, brushing Vladr’s invitation aside. That was another thing, they always seemed to be attempting some crass method of seduction. That was far more understandable, however. They couldn’t boast many women among them, and they didn’t often make it into town. Even had they, the lot of them were far from suave or charming - what sensible woman would sleep with any of them? Being young, beautiful, and accessible, she was in easy reach for any of them, but thankfully, she’d thus far managed to avoid their advances.

“Night or day, what does it matter? If it is sleeping, I can kill it easy!” His logic didn’t exactly appeal to her, and it wasn’t as if they had been eager to give her the details of the hunt earlier in the day either. “Worry less about my methods and more about telling me what I seek!” Her cheeks colored with frustration, despite her best effort at keeping cool. The attempt wasn’t going well - Vladr’s every word, paired with the mocking laughter of Skodi, Halfdan and Ivar, grated on her nerves. “Besides, will it not be more impressive if I can kill it at night?” She thought so, at least.

But his persistence was clear. If he was going to give her what she wanted, then she might have to play along with his wants...so long as they remained reasonable. After a moment of hesitation, she stepped closer and snatched the mug from his meaty hand. “Fine. One drink, and then you tell me how to find it.”

Valdr was far from a charmer. Handsome in a rugged way, perhaps, and certainly built like a young tavern wench's fanciful daydream, but he was as crude as the day was long. He had no patience for charm and no taste for flowery language, having lived life in a world of war and wenches. Several sets of eyes focused right on that generous chest of hers, a few lewd sneers sent her way. To be a beautiful woman in the thick of this camp of fiends was to develop a thick skin in a hurry. There were women among the Iron Drakes, of course, some of whom were even worse than the menfolk. Elise, however, was fresh as newly cut wood, and needed time to harden to this new life.

"I'll tell you what it matters," Valdr drawled as she neared him. She went for the drink, and quick as a snake, his heavy hand snatched her wrist. It didn't take much. With a tug, she was pulled down, sitting on his muscled leg with her back to his broad chest. "Here. Drink. You'll need it." He shoved the mug into her hands, then reached down to the pack by his feet. "Now what it matters - stay there, now," he growled, looping one thick arm around her waist to keep her in place. "What it matters is that the beast'll hear you comin' long before you spot him. That's a fact, ain't no way 'round that. Light sleeper, he is." After at last finding what he'd been seeking in his pack, he tugged the ragged parchment up and unfurled it across her lap, smoothing it roughly over her thighs.

"Hears better 'n you. Sees in th' dark like it were day. Like as not can smell yer cunt a mile off. Point I'm makin' is... you won't be gettin' the drop on 'im, night or day. That's what it matters. Now." Valdr half-drowned himself in a long pull of his drink, then put his hand flat on her stomach, the heft of her breasts just beginning to cover the uppermost finger. "You still want to go huntin' tonight when ya can't see the bastard? That's on you. An' I'll show ya just where to go. I'd call ya half mad... but that's on you."

Back
Top Bottom