Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Burned and Blackened Blood (G23 & loneiysong)

She saw his mouth that was empty for the tooth and felt immediately sorry for him and wished there was something that she could do for him. She smiled as Beth began to ask her questions. If he began to ask questions that began to annoy him far too much, she would pull him back. She took in the Orc. He was very clean. Sharpfang was truly a wonder to behold. She then sat beside the fellow on an empty stool and looked over and smiled watching him and nodded.

"I do know that orcs are omnivores as are humans, but like humans we perfer meat over vegetables unless we have made a taste aversion." She had begun to use sign if he knew it so she could include him. "I am honored beyond words to meet you too Sharpfang." She smiled and watched the orc with wonder. She then grinned. She continued to sign not finding many occasions to do. "I understand that many Orcs get tattoos to signify an important moment in their life, is there one that is your favorite?" She smiled and looked at him. She then looked at the man.

"It is also an honor to meet you too Wallace." She grinned and bowed in a way to him too.

Sharpfang's eyes lit up as she began to sign. He smiled and touched the large tribal one on his chest, the line and curls powerful and beautiful, then signed that it was his honor mark for his wound.

Wallace blinked but smiled. "Thank you Your Grace. But if you don't need me i have some other business to complete."

Sharpfang smiled and signed back to the Princess, asking if Beth knew sign as well.

Beth did not, but did know how to tell him that herself.

She resumed asking questions, which Sharpfang was happy to answer. He had been wrestling for some ten years, and had become the champion in his first year. Since then he had traveled Nethis competing for the honor of his clan. He also told Tirana that he had left his clan's sanctuary simply out of boredom and a need to explore. He loved his life. He also informed her that orcs tended more to vegetables over meat, but was very impressed that she knew so much about his people. Most did not.

Beth sat between the orc and her cousin.

She then told Beth. "Sharpfang says that it is his tattoo that he got for his honor for his wound." She smiled and nodded to Wallace and then shook her head and chuckled. "No, Beth doesn't know sign, she just learned how to walk last year. But if she is interested, I will teach her how to sign. It is very important skill to know in my personal opinion." She smiled and grinned. She answered Beth as Sharpfang replied. Showing her what certain signs meant.

She was shocked and laughed. "Shows how much I know. I only studied two tribes. The Hangwash tribe and the other one." She blushed when the name kept slipping her tongue and then snapped her fingers. "Bloodtong!" She laughed and shook her head. "But that was the tribe that were known to rip their kill apart while it was still living and tear into it." She shrugged and then shook her head and laughed.

"So between wrestling, is there any time you get to yourself?" She asked keeping the conversation going finding the company of the orc strangely enlightening.

Sharpfang had a very warm and hearty laugh. He fingerspelled Bloodtong, then signed that they were near cousins to his own clan, and that two of them were actually here to take part in the wrestling tournament.

Wallace nodded and smiled, then left the trio, bowing to both ladies and indicating that Sharpfang had thirty minutes before his first match. Sharpfang nodded then looked back to Tirana, while he let Beth examine his left hand, he fingerspelled Bloodtong again, and indicated a still beating heart being ripped apart and shook his head. Tis but a legend Your Grace.

Beth was very interested in his hand and was tracing the lines. They were like human's except they were thicker and in his case covered in callous.

He smiled and resumed speaking to Tirana, miming painting. He had actual even sold several of his canvasses. He also mimed playing a musical instrument the orcs were famous for called a nimaret, a seven stringed device that sat on the player's lap and extended up along the chest and neck and had an odd but sweet song to it.

"My apologies then Sharpfang. It would seem that no one is safe from sharp tongued people." She smiled and blushed harder. "If I ever become a lady of my own court I would love for you to come and play for me some time. But I would love to buy your next painting. Just send a raven to me and notify me when it is finished and I would be honored to purchase it from you." She smiled she really enjoyed the company. All too soon it was time to watch Sharpfang wrestle. She bid Sharpfang farewell. Digging around in her skirts, she smiled and gave him a small handkerchief and gave it to him as a sign of their friendship so he could have the princess' favor going into wrestling.

Turning she went up into the stands and sat Beth beside her and watched him. She grinned and sat back. "Did you enjoy that?" She looked at Beth. She had to admit she was suprised she got such great conversation in the wrestling bins.

Sharpfang smiled and tied the favor into his fang necklace. He touched the teeth and touched his mouth, then bowed to Tirana, and shook hands with Beth before stepping down.

Beth could not see sitting so she stood leaning on her cousin.

Sharpfang seemed even bigger now as he stepped onto the raised platform. He shook hands with his opponent, waited calmly, then when the bell rang moved quicker than humanly possible. He slammed his opponent so hard even the other wrestlers winced in pain.

The crowd was silent, then Beth screamed. "SHARPFANG!!!"

The referee counted him out, then raised Sharpfang's hand.

The orc waved and went into the back, but came out and caught Tirana before she could move. He held out a large canvas of a very fine painting of Tiashin and the festival grounds. Her also held his nimaret and signed that if they would join him in the alcove again he would play for them both. he also refused to let Tirana pay for the painting.

Beth was very impressed by the instrument and looked up at her cousin. "Can we please Tira?"

She winced a bit as the two men met with a very audible clap of skin on skin. She looked at her little niece and chuckled softly shaking her head. She remembered how she used to enjoy the jousting that much. She wrapped a protective arm around her niece just so she didn't fall. When her niece was finished with the wrestling, she got up and was about to leave when Sharpfang stopped them. She stepped back and saw the painting. She looked it over and held it in her arms.

"Sharpfang, it is indeed beautiful, but if you won't let me pay you," She signed with difficulty while juggling her things. "You have to promise me if there is anything I can do for you, no matter where you are, you must tell me and I will do whatever I can in my power to help." She smiled and gripped his arm and then laughed at Beth.

"Yes, yes we can stay." She laughed carefully finding one of the palace servants to take the purchased goods to her room. She then moved to where Sharpfang instructed them to go. She sat down and smiled watching him.

He sat crosslegged before them and play a number of beautiful songs for them.

He had refused payment again, but agreed to her help.

Beth sat in her lap and even dozed off to the soft sounds of the instrument. Sharpfang finished with the national song, then bowed to them. He signed that he would be happy to play for Tirana any time she wanted, but now he needed to go.

Beth woke and wanted to go see the archers practicing but insisted on saying goodbye to Sharpfang first. She curtsied perfectly, then surprised him by gesturing for him to bend down. He did so and she kissed his cheek, then hugged him. He blinked, then returned the gestures, clearly touched by her affection.

He bowed again to Tirana, then had to depart. Beth looked up at her. "He was really nice. Why do people think that orcs are so mean?"

She smiled and some of the songs she knew she sang along for him. Tirana held Beth close and when Sharpfang was finished, she nodded her thanks to the orc and then said gently. "Sharpfang, I consider you a friend, and I hope that you stay in touch, if you can." She blushed and moved forward and hugged him gently and then stepped back and laughed as Beth kissed him on the cheek. She then bowed to Sharpfang one last time and then watched him go.

When Beth asked her question, she lead her away and then thought.

"Sometimes, people get so caught up by what they are told and what they read other than what they see right in front of them. Like for instance, me, I asked our new friend Sharpfang about thoughts I had and gave him the chance to say if they were true or not. And did not base the actions of his family, or his-" She stopped hearing a scuffle and a screaming. She looked up and over. She knew instantly something was wrong. As she was about to tell Beth to stay close, a herd of people crushed in and all around her. They were screaming bloody murder. Apparently one of the tigers had gotten loose and Beth was ripped out of her hands.

Damien watched from one of the towers grinning. He would be undetectable from anyone else. He laid on his stomach watching from a bow and arrow. His aim was for a certain person in the crowd. And when he was sure that his innocent niece was safe with his twin brothers and off to the tent, then he would. Seeing Beth scooped up by the twin brothers before the stampeding herd could hurt her, he grinned. Letting the arrow fly, it hit its mark and he ambled down ready for the next part.

Tirana jerked around trying to find Beth when a shooting pain shot through her. It drove her into an empty tent that quickly collapsed around her. The pain of the crowd pushing hard around her and the feet of the panicking people hurt. She could feel and hear several things breaking. She wanted to give up. She felt blood leaving her somewhere, felt light somewhere. She was tumbling, trying to catch herself, she was dizzy, she felt sick. She was loosing herself, it hurt too much, she tried to get up, but she kept getting kocked over. Soon she couldn't get up anymore, she didn't want to. Her crown was missing, her hair hung in her face...she just wanted to sleep.

"NO" Came a voice too loud somewhere. It was the beast. The beast in the cage. THe cage was broken. She snarled and the beast burst forth.

"DRAGON!" Came the frightened wail as a large angry roar came from somewhere deep in the fair.

Dragon I speak to you as one who knows you. Hold your peace. Let the anger fade. The hatchling is unhurt. And your wound is nothing. Now is not the time to unleash yourself.

Furad's voice was as clear as it was in her dreams as it cut deep through the beast she thought she was.

You will listen to me Dragon. We are not mad beasts. We are the eldest. The wisest. You will not allow your anger to shame our kind. Restrain yourself. To harm innocence or innocents is a crime amongst our kind that will doom your very soul.

Tirana could actually feel ancient claws touching her, soothing her, and hear the beating of massive wings.

You will be still Dragon. I call you my equal. Prove that you are worthy of such consideration.

"They tried to kill me ancient one." She whispered in her brain. "I am scared...my brother stands before me...my brothers..." She looked down at her brothers and she snarled growling. Damien chuckled gathering his able brothers around the dragon. His aim had been true and now the dragon was unable to fly. A great part of the wing was damaged. All of their swords were drawn. Gregory was trying to charge and she stepped back hissing and glaring roaring again. She was trying to keep her footing careful to not to breath fire or move too sharply to tople anything but it was very difficult. She just wanted to fly away.

"Help me, if I turn back, I will die, from my wounds, if I remain here, my brothers will kill me. They wish to kill me." SHe panicked. Damien laughed at her and brought out a large flame. It was then that Furad would tell she was not angry but frustrated. She spread her wings knowing that this would indeed hurt. She leapt up into the air and knew she would become a greater target and took off flying panting in pain snarling and growling. The arrow in her shoulder tearing at teh thin membrane in her wing.

The scales of the dragon was a beautiful purple that shifted to a dark blue. The purple resembled the birthmark on her back. She tried to make it to the mountain. If she could get it to the mountain.

Damien snarled and took out the bow and arrow and cocked the arrow and let it fly hitting the dragon several times but due to the thick armor of the scales it didn't hurt too bad. Just some scrapes. She panted hard and snarled in anger and fury. She hated her brothers in that moment. She was loosing altitude but she was far enough away from the festivities and near enough to the mountain wall she would be able to climb to the cliffs. She whimpered and clung to it and panted shivering and trembling in pain.

When she reached the mountain a massive black Dragon's head snapped out, roaring so loud and powerfully the whole mountain and the land about shook, and all went silent.

The Dragon gripped her and pulled her over the edge of the mountain into a bowl behind the cliff, then the Dragon roared again, this time speaking. "Woe to the betrayers of blood!! Woe to they that would slay a daughter of Furad!! Woe to all who stand foe to the Thunder!!"

The Dragon slid down curling protectively around Tirana, hiding the entire bowl with it's body. It touched it's snout to her wing, then drew back. "Are you harmed little one?"

Tirana looked up in awe and fear at the large dragon. She gripped on as the whole mountain shook under her grip. She gasped as he gripped her and pulled her over and then blushed as he spoke loud. She thought of all the people who thought dragons were dead and seeing two in the same day.

She panted hard and shivered. At the base of her shoulder where her wing met her shoulder blade embedded deep was an arrow. It was buried deep because she had to shift around it. It had been driven deep into her human form. She groaned and looked at the dragon and shivered hard. She was exhausted and blinked hard. She opened her mouth, which was extremely dry, and groaned. "My...my brother...he aimed to kill me. He turned my brothers...." She swallowed hard and tears filled her eyes. She then turned her face away and pressed her claw under her face and tried her hardest not to cry in front of this dragon she didn't know.

Furad had not seen her in her hour of need, she had not seen her brothers and the hate in their eyes. She swallowed harder.

Meanwhile, Damien and the brothers grinned wickedly as they found the dress of Tirana and the crown. The found the bloody gown and the crown and then collecting both, they moved to the main tent and to show the king what was left of the princess.

The crown vanished, and the gown burst into flames, vanishing without a trace.

The black Dragon sighed. "My apologies little one."

He grabbed her neck and back with his heavy forepaws. He was easily many times the size of Furad. His right paw held her head and neck down, while the other could fully encircle her body. Quick as a snake his snout darted forward caught the arrow, and yanked it free.

He then effectively kissed the wound and blew black flames into it, sealing the wound.

Once done he released her. "You need to rest Princess." He lay her crown before her. "Try to sleep. The hatchling is alright. Safely with her mother now."

He very softly nuzzled her neck. "Please rest. I will ensure your safety. And handle what your brothers did. No i will not harm them."

Damien growled and snarled. Hauling off he punched a wood column in rage and shook. He had planned it out so carefully. But some stupid magic had come between him and finishing. He trudged back to the tent his fists balled.

Tirana sighed feeling the dragon hold her down and knew what was coming. Stretching out her wing she took a deep breath and gasped. The arrow head was barbed specially to hit bone. She groaned and shivered. Feeling the fire didn't hurt, it just felt nice. She sighed and curled up with him and soon fell asleep. Last word was "I don't care what you do to my brothers."

The Dragon sighed at her words.

He breathed fire into the bowl, enveloping her in his black flames, then with a leap took to the air, his wings flaring and he glided down the mountain vanishing, his fire still surrounding her.

Balroc and Willow were both very worried and were beyond relieved when they received word that their daughter was not hurt and that the Dragons had not broken the peace. Since time beyond time all peoples feared the day when the Dragons went to war with the other races.

Damien had little time to enjoy his anger. The moment he entered his tent he was struck by a dart. He would not wake for twelve hours.

The twins fell prey to similar darts, as did Gregory and Binoch, then simply to be certain Nathan and Verys were also darted. The darts vanished almost instantly. Once this was done, and Beth was sent assurances that Tirana was alright, the black Dragon returned to the princess, wrapping protectively about her within his own flames.

Damien's eyes rolled up into his head as he was hit by the dart. He crumpled to the floor without any thought of his robes. Everyone who wasn't a fan of Damien broke into light giggles and pointed.

Tirana leaned into the dragon when he returned. Her tail curled around herself and she slept a dreamless sleep. When she woke up, she had her head under his large wing. She shivered as her shoulder hurt. She sighed and stood up and stretched slowly and cautiously. She then looked at her scales and smiled at the beauty of her scales.

He opened his deep green eyes, and studied her smiling. "You are an exceptional specimen little one."

He cocked his head and breathed some more fire at her. "If you use your own fire you can heal the wound if you will it correctly."

He lay his large head on his crossed paws, and drummed his talons. "You slept for about three hours. The festival is continuing. You might be pleased to know that the most upset was a very large orc named Sharpfang who actually demanded to see your grandmother to be assured of your safety. They are currently having tea."

He nudged her crown. "Queen Rowena was ready to storm the Halls of the Dead with just her cane until she was given undeniable proof of your wellbeing. By Furad herself. Your brothers were likely trying to enflame a war with the Dragons. When you are ready, you need to speak with Furad herself. She has much to say to you. Mostly to welcome your true self."

She blushed and turned chanting her head and sat her scales ruffled a bit as was the dragons way to blush. Taking in a large breath of air, she let it out blowing the flame out around her shoulder. Her flame was warmer but still it did not burn and she then looked at him. "I'm no more magnificent than other dragons." She said.

Tirana watched him and at the mention of Furad she felt something in her tighten. She then shifted hearing her grandmother and Rowena and Sharpfang worried about her. Taking the crown, she slid it on her finger she smiled and then looked down.

"I should be getting back. So we shouldn't be keeping Furad waiting." She smiled to her new friend.

He drew his lips back revealing his long thick fangs. "Each Dragon is unique and amazing."

He raised a claw and shook it. His six fingered paw was clever and well formed. He pointed the finger down at the bowl. "We cannot enter the Throne Room. I am too big and you are not healthy enough to fly just now. Even down to the Scale Porch."

It was a ledge a few dozen yards down the slope. It was the official meeting place for the Royals and Dragons. No one had used it in living memory and even the histories couldn't nail a date. The doors were still locked anyway.

He chuckled. "Furad will be here. In spirit not in mind. She has much to speak with you about Princess. And you must be quick. When you are ready you need to change back and return to your family. It is not yet time for you to fly free as you deserve. but it will come."

She frowned and then swallowed. "I am not sure I can control my dragon, and my brother knows I am dragon." She sighed and reached out and took his claw and turned it in her own claw and admired his claw and smiled and then sighed. "Besides, I am pretty sure if I even knew how to turn human I would be naked and that would even bring more dishonor on my family." She laid down and sighed stretching out and folded her wings looking at the ledge. It hurt that she was turned against her time and she felt it too when the dragon burst free. When was her time.

"My dragon is growing uneasy in my brain and my body, I am afraid when I do turn human....it will drive me crazy." She whispered quietly to him. She released his claw and then put her face in her claws and looked down shifting a bit.

He began to stroke her neck with the smooth curve of the claw. Her neck was incredibly sensitive to such a hard yet gentle touch.

"That is why Furad and I are here to help you."

Seeming to be summoned a vaporous blue Dragon landed before her. it was so clearly Furad there could never be any doubt.

The spirit of the great Dragon smiled and could not help laughing. "You have so much to learn of yourself dear one." She flapped her wings and while it had no effect on the world about them, the wind of it did rush over Tirana's scales, especially her neck where he continued to stroke.

Furad's smile grew warmer. "Your brother means nothing. And returning to the form you were born too is not as hard as you think. And no you will not be naked. I have willed it not to be until you are ready to take such matters under your own command."

The black Dragon did not speak, still just letting his claw sooth her, while he breathed soft but powerful flames into her wound.

Furad lay before Tirana and smiled once more. "Now. Where shall we begin?"

Her eyes rolled up and she was like a cat. A very large very scaley cat. She growled and stretched out and a loud and deep purr rolled from her chest. She shut her eyes and sighed happily. When she heard the dragon, she looked up and gasped. She scrambled to her feet blushing. She knelt before Furad and blushed and shivered. "Indeed I do, I never had the intention of letting my dragon out for fear of shaming my mother and my father."

She didn't dare look into the eyes of her goddess for fear of insulting her.

She then looked up as Furad laid before her and sat down and blushed biting her lip and shifted a bit. "Furad, this is a great honor to see your form. I am not worthy. I will listen to whatever you have to say and follow." She said and bit her lip blushing.

The black Dragon laughed, and Furad rumbled. "Ok. First of all dear one. Being a Dragon is no shame. To any. And to those it might, they are not worthy of you anyway. And Second, i am not divine. i died."

She huffed. "Now i have in a way answered your prayers and requests. but as your patron and spiritual mother. Not as a diety. So that you need to forget."

The black Dragon laughed again.

Furad glared at him.

"What? I'm not the one who has been worshipped for the last 12 thousand years and change."

"I didn't ask them-"

He just laughed and she growled. She looked back to Tirana. "Thank you for your kind words. but Dragons do not follow. at least not in the way you are describing. We are the eldest and wisest race. We consider, analyze, then act as is best for all, not just ourselves. understand?" They both ignored it when her facial scales darkened.

"So again. What are your questions for me?"

Tirana looked at the black dragon and swatted him playfully with her tail. She was coming into her own and becoming more comfortable in her own skin. She looked at him and then to Furad.

"Furad is a great and kind Dragon. Many great songs have been written about her, stories, and others." She smiled and nodded her head great and magnificent.

But she was put back down in her place and then she curled her tail around her hind legs and then nodded gently. "Yes, my queen." She said softly and her scales curled in a Dragon blush. She then cleared her throat and then thought.

"Why of all of my siblings was I the only one born with a Dragon spirit. I have looked in my lineage and no one has been born with it. Not that I am ungrateful of course." She said softly.

Back
Top Bottom