Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Observer - A Star Wars Legends continuity RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AswanFox

Star
Hello one and all! I'm looking for someone to join me in a Star Wars RP. This scenario takes place in the Legends timeline; that is, the old Expanded Universe, encompassing all the Star Wars media produced before April 25th, 2014.
This is something of an unusual plot, but one that I hope will be interesting. It is inspired - very loosely - by a scenario I played out some years ago between myself and a member of a certain Star Wars role-play forum. I have since left that community, but I'm hoping that me and whoever else would like to try my new variation on the idea can make an even more engrossing story.

-------------------------------------​

We find ourselves in the waning days of the Galactic Empire, a few years after the Battle of Endor. The Empire has not yet toppled, but every day, systems and sectors defect to the Rebellion. The dream, an Empire that would stand for a thousand generations, is slipping from the grasp of those who built it.
That is not to say the Empire is not powerful. While the frontiers gradually melt away, the core stands strong. On Coruscant and the worlds its government controls, the will of the Ruling Council is still absolute; peace, law and stability reign.
Your character, a rare human female officer in the Imperial Navy, and her ship, the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Interrogator, are the living symbols of that remaining power and authority. They have been charged with putting down Rebel elements eating away at the heart of Imperial power, and the Captain is very good at her job.

The truth is, the bridge of a Star Destroyer is not where your character would rather be.
Your character commanded a much smaller ship prior to the Battle of Endor. Though only a Lieutenant, it was a rank she had worked hard to attain in the male-dominated Navy, and though her command was small, it was hers, and she loved it. Being small gave her freedom and flexibility, and she could know every rivet of her ship from bow to drives.
But then Endor happened, and promotions came. The cream of the Imperial Navy had been slaughtered around the Second Death Star; so many of the experienced captains and admirals, so many of the up-and-coming officers. In the aftermath, the High Command scrambled to raise those with competence - and plenty without it - up to fill the vacancies. Your character was one of them; a survivor of Endor, she was ostensibly promoted for her heroic service, and was given command of a newly constructed Star Destroyer. In truth, whatever her accomplishments, her command experience made her one of the only candidates readily available.
She accepted the promotion, of course; as much as she loved her old ship, it was a great honor to be given a Star Destroyer, certainly one so new. And besides, orders were orders, and in its time of need, the Empire needed her.
And so, now she commands the Interrogator.
If only she could perform her duty without distraction.

This distraction is the presence of a Miln on board.
The Miln are one of the few new allies the Empire has been able to acquire since Endor, and the presence of one aboard the Interrogator is indicative of the peculiar relationship the Empire has with the species.
The Miln Confederacy is the sort of regional power that the Empire at its height would have conquered outright. Small, technologically backward and - crucially - populated by non-humans, the Confederacy is nevertheless now one of the Empire's most important strategic allies. Too remote to be invaded by the waning Empire, they nevertheless are a major exporter of high-grade fuel elements, an essential commodity for the Imperial Navy. The Empire has an exclusive import contract with the Miln, who are happy to export as much as they can produce in exchange for Imperial products.
As well as a guarantee that the Empire will support Miln interests in the wider Galaxy.

Captain Milo Tyranne is an officer in the Miln Astrogational Corps, the deep-space exploration and xenodiplomatic arm of the Miln Confederacy. He is one of the most accomplished spacers his race has ever produced; intelligent, resourceful, with luck some would swear was due to a touch of the Force, and quite hologenic to boot (he has an athletic build and is tall for his species, about 5 feet!). He was the natural choice for an auspicious new post.
In his time with the MAC, Milo has discovered new planets, initiated first contact with several species, and even fought in several wars (an unusual experience for his kind). Truth be told, he has always been most comfortable at the controls of his own starship, blazing new hyperlanes into the unknown.
Sadly, his accomplishments have taken him away from that life, and have instead deposited him in the role of Miln Observer to the Imperial Navy. At the direction of his government, and at the invitation of the Empire, he has been placed aboard Interrogator, expounded as one of the finest ships in the Navy.

So, your character is saddled with an alien observer aboard her ship. Buck-toothed, furred and almost literally underfoot, she has very little patience for her guest, compounded by the fact that his presence was mandated by the increasingly out-of-touch Imperial high command. Non-Imperial observers, aliens in particular, have no place aboard a warship on active duty.
Milo, for his part, has very little patience for his latest assignment himself. He has no wish to sit idly by and watch the day-to-day operations of an Imperial warship, helmed by a frigid captain and run by an all-human crew conditioned to regard all aliens as inferiors. He longs for a ship of his own again, and the freedom to roam the stars as he once did...

Milo and your character's relationship will obviously be strained at first, but time passes, and the two begin to tolerate one-another. The kinship of fellow spacers begins to bridge the initial gap; to her surprise, your character begins to find that Milo, despite his alien heritage and allegiance to a foreign government, is every bit the officer and spacer she is. Milo, as well, begins to forge a bond of co-misery at their respective situations, forced into a rank and position neither wanted in the first place. Shared experience in the line of duty, and eventual co-dependence, further strengthens their bond.
Over time, perhaps even the bridge of species is to close, as the two begin to discover a connection even deeper than friendship runs between them...

-------------------------------------​

There you have it, a blossoming relationship between an alien observer and an Imperial officer, set against the backdrop of a crumbling Galactic Empire and the birth of the New Republic.
This would start off a bit slow; I'd like to develop our two characters, and form a solid basis for their attraction to one-another before things get hot and heavy between them. Obviously their relationship is going to incorporate a few quirks; a minor size-difference, I expect, and a difference in physiology that may leave your character surprised, though hopefully in a good way.
I'd also like to experiment with my Miln species; I won't give it away here, but the Miln have some inherent quirks that make them different from humans besides their looks. I'd like to see how these differences effect the relationship, among other things.
Overall, I'd like to have at least as much plot and character development as smut in this scenario.

So, to sum up, I'm looking for someone who knows the old pre-Disney Star Wars canon, or can at least use the wiki. I'm looking for someone literate and creative, who can string together at least a couple paragraphs. I prefer to use PMs for this RP, though I can also use email or Skype.
If this interests you, PLEASE, drop me a PM! I look forward to hearing from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom