Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Pact (Walrus and Darkest_Fate)

The Kingdom of Gestalt was in its final throes. Like a man beset by grievous wound it thrashed and writhed, able to do little more than watch as the final remnants of its life slipped away. The beginnings of a plague had begun to creep through the capital, while upon the borders an enemy army prepared to make their move. To blame the grim tidings on but a single person would've been ridiculous, and yet it could hardly denied that the actions of the last king was largely responsible for these recent events. Greedy and prideful, King Ledo va Geiss had made few friends during his tenure as ruler. Enjoying excessive feasts while his people starved, using his royal guard as brutish enforcers, taunting and belittling both enemy and ally alike. The fact that he managed to avoid taking a dagger to the back was often-believed to be a miracle unto itself. Yet, good fortune would only carry him so far. It was upon his twenty-second year that a signs of a plague began to make itself known in the capital of Verdan, claiming a number of victims. The king himself, through a fit of irony, was among the first of the victims.

The death of a despot would garner little celebration however. For though his cruel reign might've come to an end it was hard to ignore the mess that he had left for the kingdom. The mess that he had left for her.

Even now, two months after taking the crown, Nimue va Geiss would feel the weight of the world upon still resting firmly upon her shoulders. Hardly more than a child, the eighteen-year old had been spared barely even a moment's rest since she'd first accepted her prestigious title. Dealing with greedy nobles, speaking to the people of the city, hearing reports. Since her father's death things had only gotten worse. Not only was there the strange sickness that was creeping through the capital, but there was the matter of the Grimwald Republic as well. Their borders practically touching, the two had always shared something of a rivalry. As far as resources went both had things the other desired, and rumors from her spymaster spoke that republic was preparing troops for manner of assault. Whether their eyes were upon Gestalt or elsewhere Nimue couldn't quite say, though if she had to hazard a guess...

Barefeet barely making a noise upon the cold stone floor the young lady would allow herself a small sigh, shoulders slowly slumping as she made her way through the dimly lit tunnel. With her fellow nobles more concerned with filling their coffers than helping the people it felt as though the fate of the kingdom fell solely upon her. Curing the plague, dealing with Grimwald, and a host of other issues that she dared not think about. Royalty or not, for a simply human it was far too much.

As such, she had decided to become something more than human.

The Rite of Resonance had earned itself a grim reputation throughout the kingdom, and really throughout the world. While they could hardly be called gods, there was no denying that spirits were still far above humans. They responsible for the workings of the world, from weather to the passing of time itself. The ritual itself, however, saw fit to bring them onto equal footing. Through a pact the human and spirit would join souls, entering a mutual relationship. The ritual was both expensive and dangerous, and the idea of forming a pact with a being as great as a spirit was deemed a form of hubris. Nimue did not care though. This was for her people. They would understand, they had too.

The tunnel grew ever darker, the only sound being the distant dripping of water. How far was she beneath the palace's surface now? Nimue could only guess. Narrowing her eyes ever so slightly she'd be able to make out the end of the tunnel, a massive door able to be seen. A lone figure shrouded in robes stood to the side.

“Your Majesty.” Well into his elder years, he'd croak out a greeting to the approaching woman. Robes shuffling he'd force his hunched form into a small bow, relaxing only when Nimue gestured for him to stand.

“No need for formalities, Genwin.” Despite everything the girl would manage to force a tired smile onto her lips. Genwin had been in charge of the royal library for as long as she could remember, the man having apparently once been a scholar of some repute. When it came to spirits and rites he was, perhaps, one of the most knowledgeable men in the world. It was for that reason that he had been the sole person she had contacted. She would provide the ingredients, he would setup the ritual. “Are the preparations complete?”

“O-Of course. The runes have been drawn, the catalysts set, and at this moment the room is in its ideal state. The rest will depend on you, my queen.”

With a faint nod she'd approach the door's level, hesitating only for a moment before gripping it. Inhaling she'd give it a sharp yank, wincing as a loud screeching noise ran down the tunnel. Taking a step back she'd watch as the iron door slowly grinded upwards, the dim light of the tunnel shining into the room ahead.

Said room in question was cramped and near barren, short of a small pool of water in the middle. Strange symbols were etched into the walls, the name of the spirit they were to contact in a language that had long since died. A strange scent wafted outwards, smelling akin to cinnamon.

“Here I go.” She gulped, closing her eyes for a moment. This was it. Feeling the cold stone beneath her feet she'd enter the small room, coming to a stop before the pool of water. Those of the va Geiss family were known for boasting an almost unethereal beauty, and Nimue herself had been no exception. Milky skin complimented hair that was as white as snow and eyes that were of a rich blue. A shapely figure lay hidden beneath her modest tunic and slacks, showing just the faintest hint of muscle from her training. Those of her family were expected to hone themselves physically as well as mentally. The stresses of the recent months however had done her few favors. Her white hair, drawn back into a ponytail, was askew. Her shimmering eyes had lost a bit of their luster, bags hanging beneath. The way she walked, the way she spoke, the exhaustion she felt was now almost palpable.

She could only hope that this would ease her burden. Stepping forward into the pool of lukewarm water Nimue would crouch downward, maneuvering so that she'd float upon her back. Arms and legs spread she'd allow herself to settle. The initial steps of the ritual served to draw the spirit to this very location. It would fall onto Nimue to enter the plane and make contact with it. For that she had to deprive herself of her senses, and allow her soul to drift. It was this part of the ritual that was the most dangerous. It was all too easy for one's spirit to become lost within the plane, forever leaving the body a husk. It was also possible for the soul to be beset upon by the very spirit they wished to forge a link with. At the very least Nimue that the latter would not happen here. The one who she wished to make a pact would no doubt be just as concerned about the state of the kingdom as she. It had to be.

The door she'd entered through would slowly close, drowning the room in complete darkness. No sound, no sight, the temperature of the water and room so closely linked that for the girl it felt as though she was floating on thin air. The wetness of her clothing was barely even apparent.

“...”

Seconds. Minutes. Hours. She didn't know how much time had passed. Soon however she'd find that she was no longer floating. The young queen would open her eyes, a white void greeting her.

I..did it.

She'd blink, taking a single step forward. The ground below felt like marble.

I really...really did it.

It almost felt too easy. Swallowing the girl took a few more cautious steps, breath still as she eyed her surroundings.

Where is it though?

The spirit had to be near, right? Had they failed to attract it?

By all the Divine Powers was the Kirin bored. Oh, she could sort of see from her ethereal plane and all. She'd gotten some idea that the people who had once venerated her had been or were suffering. Time flowed a little awkwardly in this realm, making it fairly impossible for the Kirin to really determine just how long she'd been in there or how long the suffering had been going on. There did seem to be a moment where the people all cried out at once. That had almost been enough to pull her from her place of power but, well, the Kirin hadn't felt like it at the time. Why go through all that trouble just to have to land on the mortal realm in a semi-corporeal form, likely the one closest to her natural spiritual self, and then have to go through all the work of saving the people?

Pass.

This time, however, she could feel someone entering the halfway point, that pool of water that the Kirin had long ago enchanted for the people she'd sworn to protect. The new spirit first glistened just on the edges of the incorporeal realm. It had drawn the Kirin's attention, mostly because it was new. After... however long she had been in here, anything new was vastly interesting. Plus, it was a change, which was also interesting in and of itself. The ripple continued and the Kirin watched for a few moments, before walking over. She let her own magics cross over, pulling at the creature and helping it enter more fully into her realm. Maybe she'd get lucky and...

... oh, was she ever lucky. She'd been expecting some matronly monarch or some bearded king. Wasn't the current ruler a king or something? Again: time. But instead the shimmering spiritual force that had leaked into the Kirin's realm had the vibrancy of youth. On top of that, she seemed to have come here at least partially in body, and whoa, what a body. That was exactly why the Kirin had opted for water, well, that and she liked water and it sort of helped with abandoning earthly tethers and all. But this was definitely the most important reason: to get a good look at whomever entered.

At first the Kirin used her natural form, partially because she had to, and partially because it was more fun to awe the mortals. Hopefully being a royal she'd at least recognize the Kirin as the Kirin and not think she was some sort of unicorn (embarrassing) or dragon (understandable, but c'mon). The creature did possess the right quadrupedal frame and all, complete with hooves. But brilliant green scales covered her lightly pink fur nearly up to her torso. The pale pink then covered most of her long body, smoothly slanting down the sides with more green scales (again, mostly at the legs and upper thighs). Her tail tapered off into a multicolored mixture of scales and hairs that created a shimmering brush-like effect whenever she waved it. Her head had the slight mixture of reptilian combined with just a hint of the equine, complete with a small horn on the nose and a large pair of antlers jutting back. Her eyes shimmered and flowed with various colors and magics, and she used them to sweep up and down the form. Yes, she definitely wanted this one. The Kirin kept that thought and desire deeply buried: she'd never form a pact if this human knew she could mimic her shape and take what she truly wanted out of that luscious young frame.

So instead, the Kirin stepped forward, she lowered her head slightly to nearly look into the being's eyes. Did the king send his virginal daughter or a handmaiden? Please tell me that they haven't started virgin sacrifices again. That was... enjoyable, the first time around, but very awkward when I sent the girls back the Kirin raised her head, sighing inwardly, there's something so enjoyable in that taste. You wouldn't know of course. She looked back at the girl, who would soon get the impression that the magical, mystical, mythical spirit was waiting expectantly for a response.

Breath still Nimue allow her tired gaze to wander the expanse of the void, the only sound to be heard being the faint pounding in her chest. This was still so strange. She knew of the tales that surrounded the plane, yet to step foot into it herself was almost beyond comprehension. Despite the exhaustion creeping through her bones the young queen none the less felt an almost childish smile creeping onto her lips, formerly-dim eyes shimmering for a brief second with a hint of wonder. Of course, despite how much she wanted too, Nimue knew that she couldn't simply sit about and gawk. The longer she crept about here the higher chance there was that she wouldn't be able to return to her body. She had to be quick on her feet. The sooner she found the Kirin, the sooner she'd be able to hash out a pact and escape. Hopefully at least. Taking a deep breath she'd begin to move down the empty expanse, and yet the girl would manage only a couple steps before she'd freeze once-again.

“...!”

Nearly stumbling over her own two feet the snowy-haired girl quickly whirled about as the sound of footsteps reached her ears, eyes widening as they fell upon the creature that stood before her. That pounding would return with a new ferocity, hand upon her chest as Nimue's heart threatened to burst free of her chest. While no certainly no god, those of Gestalt held a reverence for the Kirin that went beyond what one would expect of a spirit. Of the four Great Spirits, it was they who was often-lauded as the most powerful. Even as a child she had seen illustrations of it, beautiful depictions of a steed with fur as white as snow and majestic horns. It was often-said that the va Geiss family held a bond with the spirit, said connection showing itself in their snowy hair. Even in her naivety however Nimue had doubted such claims. They always sounded so egotistical.

Regardless, despite all that she knew, little of the information could properly brace herself for meeting the Kirin face-to-face. Feeling herself gawp ever-so-slightly the girl would take an unsteady step back, butterflies swimming about in her belly. Becoming increasingly mindful of her wet clothes, and how they must've looked to the noble spirit, a red blush would slowly cross her cheeks.

Keep calm. You've prepared yourself for this. The entire kingdom depends on you.

Right. Right. There was no time for hesitation. Doing her best to shove both the wonder and embarrassment she felt to the back of her mind the girl would take a single step forward, taking a deep breath before kneeling down.

“Proud and noble Kirin, Guardian of Gestalt, I beseech you!” She lowered her head, eyes squeezed shut. “Gestalt suffers. My people are dying from illness, bandits roam the countrysides, an army seeks to trample us. I have done all that can, but yet it is not enough. Forgive my hubris for stepping foot onto this sacred plane, and for making such ungainly demands, but I fear that I have no choice!”

She gulped, hands growing increasingly clammy as they pressed up against the strange ground. Her voice had trembled throughout the entirety of that speech, the desperation she felt no doubt palpable.

“Please, mighty spirit, lend us your aid! In return I shall do anything you desire.”
Nimue hesitated, “I shall even give you my life.”

That blush, combined with the thoughts fluttering at the edges of the girl's mind, amused the Kirin greatly. The creature very nearly smiled, though such an expression was slightly difficult given her current form. Clearly she didn't know that the Kirin could at least glean surface thoughts and details, and could pull a good deal more from someone she'd gotten closer to. Right now, the guardian watched as this girl knelt before her. A rush of pleasure hit the Kirin then, and she straightened up a little.

So the kingdom had gone downhill since the Guardian had last really checked. Illness the guardian could do with; outside forces would be simple enough to keep out; the bandits would be the tricky part. Though the guardian nearly chuckled again as the girl asked for forgiveness. True, the Kirin didn't want interruption but, well, usually interruption wasn't this... intriguing. How rarely did pure blood meet pure heart with a willing mind? That combination nearly intoxicated the Kirin, and she knew what she wanted all the clearer.

It would take your life the creature communicated across the spiritual void. She lowered her head, eyes flashing a few colors as she peered into the girl. For me to enter your realm, I would need to form a pact with one of your kind. Someone would have to offer up their mortal coil for me to latch upon. I would grant them blessings, to be sure, and I could certainly handle the problems you speak of except potentially bandits, but the Kirin kept that buried deep. You would not sacrifice your life, but your body, your soul, your essence would be forever tied with mine. A piece of you would thus be carried into eternity, which I'm told is something many of your kind desires. But I would require much from you here the Kirin almost wished she could purr. She did seem to ripple slightly, eyes flashing pink to deep violet to a merry green before landing on the girl again.

I will only make the pact with you, because you are interesting and appealing to me. If you are willing, like the girl had a choice, then cup my face within your hands and press thine lips against mine.

Which the Kirin knew would probably unnerve the girl. Most humans didn't want to go around kissing magical creatures. But she needed the physical contact, and the bits of human essence, to take her more mortal form. She could do that the moment they connected, assuming the girl did her part. Their essences would intertwine, as the Kirin promised, each taking on some attributes of the other. This would be spectacular and give them both a blissful sensation... one the Kirin recognized as being strongly akin to climax. Still, the girl needed to move first, and the guardian tried not to show her impatience.

Several hundred.. thousand... years was a long time to wait for a kiss from a beautiful girl.

The unbidden words that drifted through her mind would make the girl noticeable flinch, partially-open eyes wandering upwards for a brief moment before quickly shooting back down towards the ground. It felt as though a cold, clear stream was making its way through her mind. Shoulders slacking ever so slightly she'd keep her forehead pressed down against the ground. The more she listened the harder it was to keep a broad smile from falling onto her pale lips. It not only deemed fit to respond, but it even seemed willing to accept her request. The mere thought was enough to send goosebumps crawling down her skin. She would offer a portion of her own soul as a tether, and in turn the spirit would offer her a portion of her power. It would be a nearly unbreakable bond, one that as the spirit said would last for eternity. The thought was intimidating, yet Nimue did her best to quell the apprehension that had begun to froth within.

What the spirit said next would draw more of a reaction from the girl, head tilting upwards once more as the girl's gaze widened ever so slightly. W-Wait what? It was hard prevent a hint of discomfort from crawling its way onto her expression. She blinked. Nimue supposed she should've found this an honor, the Kirin was well-revered after all, and yet despite its beauty there was denying it's...unusual appearance.

I-I've never even kissed another person before...

Yet here she was, about to kiss what was more or less a horse in form. Feeling a hint of shame at her own hesitation the girl would slowly rise to her feet. Taking a deep breath she'd close the distance, the aura emitting from the Kirin making her skin practically tingle.

“V-Very well.” Her voice was a low whisper, lacking the energy she'd shown only moment before. With shaky hands the girl would slowly reach outwards, palms brushing against the Kirin's soft skin. It was pleasant to the touch, emitting a warmth that crept through her arms.

Closing her eyes and pursing her lips the young queen would take a couple moments more to brace herself, heart pounding as she leaned forward.

Her lips would meet the Kirin's.

Yet again the Kirin almost felt like laughing. She knew that a bit of her mirth would start to roll through the realm regardless of her own reservations; the innocent before her just struck her as so highly amusing. Plus, she couldn't help but be amused at the girls' shyness. That thought that dashed through her brain, the self-admission at not even having kissed... the poor thing must have been quite the protected jewel. Such purity created an ache within the Kirin, an ache and a hunger to reach out and start taking that for her own. To hear that innocence and purity offering itself up in submission, watching as the trembling beauty stepped closer.

Just a little further... the idea leaked from the Kirin, again despite her attempted resolve. She couldn't quite help herself; this part was always one of the most enjoyable, second only to a part that would involve fleshy bodies and a later stage in their pact. The impressive guardian watched the nervous girl step forward. She felt lips touching hers.

At that instant of contact, the souls intertwined. The Kirin's great spiritual and life-giving energy surged out of her, blasting against the poor girl, Nimue, the girl's name was Nimue, Nimue va Geiss. Images and memories of the girl, her essence, her life, drifted through the Kirin. For the creature of raw power and splendor, this was quite enjoyable and manageable. She sorted through the eighteen years of life carefully, feeling each image and thought and deed, forming a portrait of the girl who'd offered herself to the great "beast" that held her quite well. There was quite a bit that further intrigued the Kirin, not the least being how the girl managed to be so very, very pure when growing in the shadow of someone who could've quite easily formed a pact with an infernal power. Growing to know this Nimue would be quite entertaining for the Kirin indeed.

"Entertaining" would not be the word for the pure girl. At first there would be a sensation almost like madness, as the thoughts and being of the Kirin overwhelmed her. There would be little comparing the timeless ancient being to the teenage girl after all. That raw power and history of being would blast through the girl. With some pacts, that would fry out the mortal soul, leaving a husk for the spirit to inhabit. There would likely be that moment of fear for Nimue as she felt the power that could do precisely that and much, much worse hovering. But the Kirin soon twisted. Instead of overwhelming, it melded, merged, took and gave. That madness would fade into serenity, a serenity which would build into pure bliss. Undiluted, too pure for mortals life energy and power would hit Nimue like a bolt of lightning. It would supercharge her nerves and, well, send her body into a momentary spasm of pure sexual ecstasy. Primal power could really only express itself in that way.

All the while the girl would feel that connection at the lips. She'd only feel the Kirin's quadrupedal form for an instant, before the shift, assuming she could sense through madness and overwhelming pleasure. when she came down, and the Kirin would make sure she would, she would see something decidedly more humanoid standing in the guardian's place.

It does feel so enjoyable to be back in this form, the being would communicate in the same feeling as the Kirin. In the place was the two-legged creature. Long hair of that same pale pink going green as the creature's tail crested her head, falling in waves to the female's feet. Her face had a shape eerily similar to Nimue's mother's, only with the features more refined. The eyes were identical to before: swirling irises of a rainbow of colors. The build had that same off-white coloring the Kirin had born, only it appeared... softer, softer than even the human and perhaps lightly... furred? Its shape would match a human ideal almost too well: perfect hourglass with hips that flared and a sumptuous waist. Impressive breasts stood proudly from her chest: not obscene, not like some foreign goddess of fertility, simply the kind of chest that would draw attention and fill a dress quite nicely. Oddly enough, the nipples appeared to be covered in green scales. Similar scaling extended around the Kirin's hips. Her sex, however, had fluff that yet again matched the tail: that odd green going on purple.

You may bask in my splendor, Nimue va Geiss the Kirin said, reaching hands up to fluff her magnificent mane of hair before stretching. I am quite enthralling, am I not? She eyed the princess with a sly smirk, knowing that she wasn't the only enthralling creature on this plane of existence.

The 'kiss', if one could even call it such, was light and impassioned. More of a faint brush than anything. Yet apparently that would be enough. The moment her lips touched the spirits Nimue felt her entire world explode. Without warning her mind was suddenly beset by a torrent of thoughts. Foreign lands, strange languages, odd people. Over and over and over and over and over. They moved so quickly that the girl felt her brain practically smolder, as though a dozen white-hot knives had been stabbed through her skull. She wanted to scream, she wanted to thrash about, and yet try as she might her body remained rigid. It was all so crystal clear.

Silvain...the Scouring of Renesh...usha 'ko ta...War of the Violet Rose...Siege of Isadine

They would not stop. They would not stop. They would not stop. Why wouldn't they stop? Sh coulde hear the screams of the dying as the soldiers moved, could feel the flames as they ate through flesh and wood alike. All that the Kirin had witnessed flowed through Nimue's fragile mortal mind, and yet it was this ugliness that truly leapt out. All the battles that it had witnessed, every bloody detail seeped into the recesses in her mind. And it would not let up.

“Please...please...”
Even to Nimue herself her voice sounded distant. Trembling fingers clutched at her head, nails digging deep into flesh. They dug and dug, carving into her skin. The pain would not phase her though. As long as they made it all stop then she didn't care-

I'm...I'm going to die...

She wasn't troubled by the thought. As long as it all stopped. Yet, just as the chaos in her mind reached its crescendo, it would suddenly stop. Something would slowly wrap itself around the young queen and slowly drag her upwards, pulling herself out of the dark place she'd fallen into. A strange, yet not unwelcome, warmth coursed through her body.

“...” As her mind finally cleared Nimue would find herself huddled upon the ground, entire body bathed in sweat. Reaching up she'd brush a hand over her face yet would find none of the wounds she'd carved into herself. Not even a scratch. Struggling to catch her breath the girl would allow her gaze to wander, and it was then that she would finally see the Kirin's new form.

Smooth skin. Beautiful eyes. A figure that make even the most lovely of angels blush.

“Beautiful...” Like a mother's embrace the aura the Kirin exuded wrapped around Nimue. “...so...beautiful.”

She stumbled onto shaky feet, still staring wide-eyed. “Is...has the pact been forged?”

The poor thing had at least held up to the pact, so the Kirin had to give her that much. There was a strong will buried in that girl, the indomitable kind that could be well shaped. The Kirin could quite easily see this young queen becoming the leader of a new golden age for her people. That she happened to have formed a pact with the Kirin would undoubtedly help matters. Their only real threat would be if they encountered any other pacts, and most of the kinder ones the Kirin knew or could at least deal with.

For now, the Kirin intended to focus on the more pleasing aspects. The queen's breathed words made the guardian preen, her eyes flashing a pleasant shade of blue. I shall accept beautiful, since it's coming from someone who clearly knows that beauty is. Anyone who experiences it as deeply in their persona as yourself most definitely can speak to it. The creature kept communicating across the spiritual void, seemingly not caring about the odd sensation that communication may cause.

She walked, though the first few steps of that immortal body put into motion seemed to surpass "walked," to her new mortal. The Kirin knelt down, lightly touching Nimue's hand and helping her up. The Kirin's aura already started to seep forth, wrapping up the girl and helping to restore some of her flagging strength. Seems to be the Kirin said, running her hands along the girl's. The real test will be if you can guide me back to your realm. I'm assuming you left a tether or can see your realm from here. You really should be able to find our way back. The Kirin looked expectantly at the queen. The pact was a two-way process, after all, and if Nimue expected the Kirin to do all the work, she'd be gravely mistaken.

The girl would accept the Kirin's helping hand, shivering at her soft touch. Rising up onto her feet the first thing she'd take note of was her own strength. The exhaustion, the pain, every little ache had practically vanished into nothingness. While she'd hardly call herself as good as new, her shoulders were still far more tensed than she'd like, there was no denying that the Kirin's influence had brought it a more than noticeable change. She felt different. Her mind would tingle once again as the Kirin spoke through it, cheeks (in what was becoming a pattern) flushing as she heard the compliment.

“Oh, um.”
A small, sheepish smile came to her lips as she placed an unsteady hand against her chest. “I wouldn't quite say that. Your words do honor me though!” It was true that the va Geiss family were known for their beauty, and Nimue herself was not so naive as to not be aware of how her own appearance was viewed. All the same the girl knew that her personality dampened whatever radiance she might've shown. Confidence went a long way when it came contributing to someone's appearance, the Kirin showed that splendidly. Her natural beauty was accentuated well by her poise, to the point of where Nimue found it difficult to tear her eyes away. The young queen had no taste in woman, yet even so a part of her tingled the more she stared. Deep down, barely more than a faint whisper, a part of wondered how it would feel to have those soft hands roaming her hair, her belly, her-

She blinked, a faint squeak escaping her lips as the Kirin 'spoke'' once more. “O-Oh!” That was right. There was no time for gawking. What was she even thinking? “That's right! Come, let us make our leave.”

Steadying her breathing the girl turned about, closing her eyes as she reached outwards with an open palm. The Kirin was right, she could still feel something of a tether connecting to her. The connection was a faint, and it was growing weaker by the second, but it was still easy enough to make out.

“This way.” With that she would move, moving down the white expanse. With each step the tether would grow ever stronger, until finally it was intense enough that Nimue knew that she had found the right spot. It was no different than the rest of the void, yet none the less she was able to sense her body in close proximity.

Close my eyes...concentrate...

She did as much. Letting her entire body relax the best she could she'd remain rooted in her spot, breath still and heartbeat barely more than a murmur. She wait. And wait. And waited.

And then it happened.

The ground she was standing on would vanish and her back would once more feel soaked. The girl would open her eyes to the dimness of the ritual chamber.

“Are you here?” Those words were the first out of her lips. A part of Nimue was worried that, just maybe, the spirit hadn't been able to follow her back.

Humility in a royal? That alone would have given the Kirin pause. She'd seen that sort of behavior before, generally in third sons or second daughters and the like. Very, very rarely did a queen or a princess type express anything like humility. Seeing as the Kirin was all but incapable of expressing that sentiment herself, she found it all the more amusing when it came from someone else. She preened at knowing that she brought that out, and nearly purred yet again when she felt the girl's arousal peaking for a moment.

The Kirin had to wonder, the thought just leaking at the edge of her communicative line, if the girl had ever experienced such sensual pleasures.

For now, she nodded, nodded and followed and helped make the transition easier. Again, the Kirin could enter the mortal realm on her own. It was possible, and it would in some ways not diminish her glory overmuch. But doing it in the wake of a mortal proved all the easier. She latched onto Nimue's spirit and let the girl's ritual carry them both, not wasting a jot of her power in he transportation.

So there's a chamber now the Kirin communicated. She walked around from behind the girl, knowing that would show her nude back to the young queen. Her eyes scanned the chamber. I think I preferred when you entered my sacred grove, personally. This will do the Kirin nodded slightly, then turned, examining the queen closely. Now that they were in the mortal realm, the Kirin could get a better measure of the mortal she'd formed that pact with. Nimue still looked beautiful, if more than a little exhausted. Bits of the Kirin's power and lifeforce already flowed through the girl, energizing her and helping bring forth her natural beauty. Any other immortal could tell simply by examining Nimue that she "belonged" to someone, and most would identify the Kirin herself.

You need rest the guardian said. And recovery. You may think you do not, that your duty is pressing. But I'll not have you collapsing when we get to work The Kirin turned again, looking for an exit. Pray tell: what do you do to amuse yourself? and we shall undoubtedly want to retire to your private chambers anon. At that last, the Kirin gave her partner a slightly sultry look, seeing no reason not to express some of her more carnal desires, since her body had regained its mortal tether and desires.

The blackness of the room was now not nearly as crushing, as Nimue realized. Whether it was due to the Kirin's influence or simply her own exhaustion abating the girl found her eyes adjusting the lack of the light, able to pick out the Kirin remarkably easily. Eyes tracing the faint contours of the spirit's back for a brief moment, Nimue would quickly shift her attention towards one of the nearby walls.

“Amusement?”
She repeated, blinking. Before she'd taken the crown the girl had more time then she knew what to do with Yet the moment her father died it felt as though every waking minute was spent dealing with one issue or another. “Books I suppose. Painting as well. My mother said that it was a good way of relaxing.” Her mother had been known throughout the city for her artistic talent, with some of her work having even found its way into neighboring countries. “I don't have time for such things anymore though.”

For whatever reason a part of Nimue felt as though she'd missed the point of the Kirin's question.

“As for rest-” She hesitated, about ready to deny her inherent exhaustion. Yet she'd wisen up. “...I suppose I do need too.” Even with the spirit's influence she could still feel some traces of exhaustion, and there was no denying that passing out would do the young girl few favors. The last couple of nights had been utterly sleepless, time spent either dealing with the heckling nobles or setting things up for the ritual. Sleep was very much needed.

“I'll lead you to my chambers.” Bowing her head as though a servant would the girl turned about, moving towards the closed iron door. She'd taken note of the strange look the Kirin had given her, that hint of lust making the queen quiver. The girl would do her best to pay it no mind however. She was no doubt just imagining things. As if a spirit as great as the Kirin would be beholden to such carnal desires.

Was that simply wishful thinking on my part?

The mere thought disgusted her. It was insulting to the Kirin to think such things.

Genwin had already left by the time Nimue left the chambers, her own orders to ensure that he could not implicated. The rest of the castle was mostly asleep, and while there was the occasional guard patrolling about they would (for obvious reasons) do little more than bow to the passing queen and invisible companion. It would not be long until they arrived in Nimue's private chambers, an unsurprisingly spacious room. A massive bed lay in the center, covered in silk sheets that bore not even a single wrinkle. A desk lay in the corner, a stack of papers and an inkwell atop it. The closet was closed, yet one would be able to catch a glimpse of silk and velvet through the crack. Despite its size there wasn't much to be seen, and as a whole it was remarkably sterile. Nimue stepped foot in here less often then she'd like and as such the room remained mostly tidy.

“...ah.”
Tiredness returning the girl made her way to the bed, turning about and falling onto her back. Arms spread and legs dangling over the side, she'd feel her stomach grow taut.

This feels...so good...

“Oh, ah.” She'd crane her neck, “Is there anything that you wish? I realize that a great spirit such as you probably has no taste for food or drink, but of you wish for something I'll do my best to provide it. It's the least I can do.”

Everyone needed an amusement. True, the Kirin could see why a ruler, a good ruler, a decent ruler, wouldn't take much time for themselves in a crisis situation, but the mind needed to relax and unfold itself in order to be truly useful at all. Then again, the Kirin did have close to an eternity to spend herself, so she supposed she might have been a little bias.

Painting? You'll have to do a portrait of me then. It has been a while that and there was something highly erotic in having one's portrait done, especially as the Kirin clearly preferred to remain nude. She was actually somewhat surprised that the queen hadn't mentioned it; that often came up. Then again, innocent Nimue wasn't one to really stare or anything, more's the pity. This didn't mean that the Kirin didn't feel a little shiver as the beautiful queen beckoned her to what would soon become their shared chambers. Oh, they would spend many a night, likely many a day, languishing in those chambers. The Kirin would make most of that time indeed.

-

These will do the Kirin said as she strode into the chambers, again casting her eyes about. She could feel the exhaustion wafting from her partner, and turned to see the girl lounging on the bed. The Kirin's eyes flared a deep pink, cooling into a violet for a moment. The girl looked, and the Kirin nearly chuckled.

My mortal form can take in nourishment, and I find eating and drinking to be rather enjoyable sensations. Fine food and drink pleases the tongue, does it not? It's not something I require for extended life here she strode a little closer to the bed, climbing atop it on her knees. She extended a finger and tapped the girl's arm. All I require for existence is our pact and what I may draw from it she ran the finger up the girl's arm, realizing that Nimue had all but offered herself to her already. Lie upon your back the creature suddenly commanded, flicking her wrist and moving back slightly. I wish to sooth your aching form there was no arguing with the creature, who was already smiling. She truly did wish for Nimue to grow comfortable around her; they'd need to for anything to work. Well, that and the Kirin was a little... lusty for the life energies and wanted to get at least a nibble.

Nimue would blink at the sudden command, biting her lower lip. Soothe her aching form? Though the motive might've come off as innocuous there was denying that considering the context it came off as far more lewd. Face feeling just a tad bit warm the queen would hesitate for a brief moment, arm still tingling where the Kirin had touched her. There was nothing wrong with what the Kirin asked, right? Of course they were in her bedroom alone, and one of them (as Nimue was becoming increasingly mindful of) was completely nude, but all the same. This was no doubt just another part of the ritual. Really, by thinking over it too much, she was the one guilty of being obscene. What was with her anyways? She seen many beautiful women before, and many lovely men as well, and yet none had managed to make her stomach twist as much as the Kirin did. Was it simply a natural part of her presence?

T-That has to be it.

“...very well.” Taking a deep breath the girl would finally offer the Kirin a small nod, well-aware that it'd be unwise to ignore the request of one who had already shown her such graciousness. Laying onto her back with arms spread the girl would close her eyes, feeling the muscles in her belly tighten as she allowed her legs to hang over the side of the bed. Her chest would slowly rise and fall with each passing second, fingers flexing as she awaited for the spirit to make her move. Despite the Kirin's intentions Nimue could feel even more tension as she waited.

“I-I'm ready.”

So obedient... the thought drifted through the Kirin's line of communication, a little too strong to be wholly squashed. She watched as the beautiful queen lie prostrate before her. Just how many in her kingdom had wished to see Nimue in such a position? Surely a beauty such as herself would have been the dream of many a lad and likely a handful of lasses. The Kirin would've wagered a dozen of her years that at least one lad had his hands wrapped about himself thinking of just this sort of occurrence. Yet the queen simply lay back as if it were nothing.

And as Nimue did, the Kirin realized that she'd communicated the wrong term. Frowning, the guardian waved her hand back and forth, trying to recall which way meant which for these humans. Stupid language and its idiosyncrasies. The way the queen lay now... yes, it was very much like a bride on her wedding. The Kirin did wonder, back in her mind, if Queen Nimue realized that she'd given up such a night by bonding with the Kirin instead. As if the being would share her pact-mate with anyone else.

The Kirin shifted, moving to lay parallel to the girl, her own limbs extending off the side of the bed. Why are you so tense and nervous around me? the creature asked. She reached out a hand, touching the girl's belly. There was nothing overtly sexual about the move; in point of fact, were Nimue's belly swollen, it would have been almost normal. The guardian rubbed at the stomach, feeling the tension beneath. She let out a soft click, humming a little as she channeled some of her own energies into the muscles, helping relieve some bodily tension. It's not my goal to cause you overt harm the Kirin continued. She leaned over, raising one of Nimue's hands to kiss her fingertips. All I truly wish now is to help sooth your spirit and body, and soon I shall sooth your mind as well. She leaned forward, lightly kissing the girl's neck. The queen would smell the Kirin then: a strange mixture of sweet and spice, an otherworldly odor. The Kirin shifted, leaning on an elbow.

I used the wrong word before she confessed before raising a hand up, finger extended. I want you on your belly. I intend to sooth your muscles with a massage. Because, again her hand feathered along the girl's stomach we both know my touches here aren't soothing you much at all. The Kirin's eyes flashed a violet-pink as she locked her gaze with the queen. Yet.

The young queen would flinch as she felt the Kirin lay beside her. Even this simple level of intimacy was far beyond what the girl was accustomed. Her interactions with the opposite sex had always been kept to a minimum, the only men she'd known personally being guards and servants at least twenty or thirty years her senior. She'd been privy to her girlish crushes, but even so they'd been fleeting at best. Her father's overprotective nature had ensured that would be the case. In the only things she knew of romanticism came from books and the occasional ramblings of her ladies-in-waiting.

Thus, naive as she was, this whole experience was oddly exhilarating despite the simplicity of it all. Being so close to another, man or not, was beyond anything that Nimue had experienced before. Yet despite the foreignness the girl found herself reacting not with discomfort, but instead with something else instead. She'd bite her lip once more as she felt the Kirin's touch fall upon her stomach, the thin layer of tunic just barely preventing skin from meeting skin. She'd exhale pleasantly at the gentle caress, the lone gesture enough to make her tension slowly melt away.

"My apologies..." Her voice was no more than a whisper. "This...this is a first for me."

The Kirin would continue her soft whispering, her gentle gestures. The girl's entire body tingled as she felt the Kirin's soft breath against her neck, the gentle kiss making the young queen inhale ever so slightly. The room itself had seemingly been enraptured by the woman's presence. A scent that was almost impossible to describe wafted through the room, bringing with it an otherworldly warmth that ran all the way to the bottom of Nimue's toes. It was addicting, beyond addicting. If the Kirin so desired Nimue knew that she could've stayed here for hours upon hours. Days even.

"Hm?" She'd blink at the Kirin's, snapping out of the trance. "Oh, my apologies."

With a slight 'oomph' the girl would roll over onto her stomach, tense muscles now awaiting the Kirin's touch beneath her tunic. Despite what the Kirin had said however Nimue found herself disagreeing. There was a certain pleasantness to having the Kirin's fingers roam her belly. A ticklish, but all the same it was a touch that she had very much welcomed.

Such purity. The Kirin nearly inhaled it, sucked it in with each breath. How had this girl lasted eighteen years and come out of it with such innate innocence? The Kirin knew she would have it, but she intended to nurture it as well, to nurture this girl. The immortal felt a little more protective ownership growing within, matching her usual jealous claim over whomever bonded with her. just watching the girl's bitten lip, hearing that whispered confession. The Kirin very nearly wanted to seize upon the girl and ravish her on the bed then and there.

"I intend to give you all your firsts," the guardian whispered, actually using her mouth for communication. Her voice had a strange feeling to it: that same mythic strength diluted into a more earthly tremor. She did know that she'd have to resort to speech for many of her encounters here, and it struck her as fine words for the first go. She kept her work, teasing and plying at the girl. Then she moved to allow Nimue to shift.

Some pleasure at the touch? Perhaps Nimue already fancied the fairer sex. The Kirin had never been one to quibble overmuch about genders. Oh, she preferred the females, but only because they happened to be more beautiful than the males. Beauty was beauty to the Kirin. She simply happened to be female due to her connection to the life-energies and forces. That and, well, everyone knew females were more beautiful.

That beautiful being shifted, moving to gently straddle her new partner. leaning down, the Kirin breathed more of her life giving breath onto the neck of her partner, before bringing hands up. Her fingers gently dug into the girl's soft flesh, and Nimue would feel the tension instantly ease, a warmth seeping into her skin. The Kirin communicated as her hands worked: Ours is an unequal partnership. I shall often take the lead and you shall do what I wish. But that doesn't mean you can't make demands or requests of me, or that I shouldn't heed them her hands traveled lower, hitting the shoulders, digging deep. They squeezed, literally pulling some of the physical and metaphysical weight off the young monarch's shoulders before releasing pure relaxation into the young woman. I leak life energy; this is part of my being. You will find yourself flowing with an abundance of it in time. Thus you too will gain some of those abilities. This will enhance your own energies, which I will in turn sup upon to keep myself on this plane. Thus the cycle continues. Crests her hand pushed the girl's shoulders, seeping more energies in, before drawing down her spine, waving like a snake and falls. Leaning down, the Kirin again drew her lips against Nimue's neck, smiling. she knew the far more likely end result of what she did now: the girl falling into the most contended slumber she'd known. didn't make the process any less enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom