Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nerds Unite!

Is Nerdiness A Turn On For You?

• omg yessssss

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • meh

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • wtf no

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Shovel

Supernova
Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests rather than engaging in more social or popular activities.

A nerd can come in many forms, or possess many nerdy characteristics. I will list a few of the kinds of nerds that I fit into.

Music Nerd – I was a band and choir kid and took a year of music theory. I have an appreciation for many types of music including classical. Also, I like electronic music so I guess I’m a techno nerd too!

Computer Nerd – I am taking computer repair classes, so I can take apart and put together your computer pretty easily. I also like to browse the internet a lot and know some memes, though I am no full blown /b/ tard. :p

Gamer Nerd – I have played a lot of video games in my time and am fond of RPGs, however I tend to stay away from MMORPGs and have yet to play a game of D&D…though I would really like to. XD

Media Nerd – I am obsessed with the Science Fiction genre. I love Star Trek, Star Gate, Star Wars, Ect. I also like Marvel and DC comics.

However, there are some nerd characteristics I don’t fit into, such as the intellectual nerd (I suck at math and science), the bookworm nerd (I don’t like to read), drama nerd (was never in theatre), and the asian-wanna-be nerd (Am not obsessed with Anime/Manga or Asian things).

I made this thread in the hopes to attract nerds to discuss nerdy things. Seriously. Nerdiness is such a turn on for me…so talk nerdy to me. ;D

I'm a Star Wars, D&D, Comic Books, Music, English, and random information nerd.

I've listened to the Power Ranger's theme song while playing Poke'mon Emerald. I don't know if that's more so on the dorky or nerdy side. ._.;

Alex said:
I've listened to the Power Ranger's theme song while playing Poke'mon Emerald. I don't know if that's more so on the dorky or nerdy side. ._.;

The act of listening to power ranger's music while playing pokemon in and of itself is dorky.

Owning, enjoying, and playing Power Ranger's music and Pokemon is nerdy.

Hero said:
Alex said:

The act of listening to power ranger's music while playing pokemon in and of itself is dorky.

Owning, enjoying, and playing Power Ranger's music and Pokemon is nerdy.
Well, case closed then. xD

I always thought that nerd was the useful form (say, the guy that knows how to build a computer from scratch or how to derive Maxwell's equations) while geek was the 'go to Star Trek conventions, speak Klingon and know every episode of Obscure Anime D'.

I'm a hardcore Stargate SG-1 nerd. xD
Book nerd... sometimes gamer nerd. =3
Oh and a huge DnD nerd!

Computer nerd, gamer nerd, semi-book nerd.

Hell, i've been called the Guardian for my TGC group.

Shovel said:
I'm getting all bothered and hot from this nerdiness. ;-)
Then accept your nerdly duty and fab in the bathroom to a blurry image of boobs.

Blurry cause your glasses are off.

Hero said:
Shovel said:
I'm getting all bothered and hot from this nerdiness. ;-)
Then accept your nerdly duty and fab in the bathroom to a blurry image of boobs.

Blurry cause your glasses are off.

I'd much rather get the real thing from nerdy girls such as myself. :3

Edit: Ha...that didnt come out right...nerds such as myself

I will be honest. I am a legend of Zelda nerd. Damn near a master at the more recent games but have been playing them since I can remember.

Also lets not forget that I am a Star Wars nerd as well.

Also a anime nerd, though I have been lacking. I still love it.

I love games, anything from video games to card games, if its fun, I am in it.

Let's see...
I'm a pretty big anime nerd, if my desk is any indication. >>; Cluttered with figures and what not. Tokutsatsu is something I'm getting into as well. It's unusual but so very entertaining! I'm also really big into toys, especially the designer stuff. I'd own more of them if I wasn't so poor. -3-;

While I think I'm a gamer nerd, it's a very low degree of it. I'm pretty casual I'd say, considering I don't own any next-gen consoles.

Um... I dunno what to call this, but I do have a pretty vast knowledge when it comes to hentai, artists, companies, doujin circles, etc. o_O; I've come unto the realization that it's really creepy.

Woah, Nerds lol

I can totally say I'm a nerd.
However, Im intrested in a lot of diffrent stuff.

Everything from D&D books and roleplaying (Forgotten Realms mostly but I loves the Dragon Lance), to Star Trek ( the new one kicked ass), to Comics,(Ive got the Watchmen and V for Vendetta and The Death of Superman sitting in my locker, love the manga and anime), to cooking, (phillipeno cusine mostly), to Music, (everything from classical to Electronica, to Metal, to country, Music is life), to video games ( oh god, the hours ive spent), certain recreational activites (ahhh the stories), Theology (arguing about the universe is some of the most fun Ive ever had) , and to finish it, everytime my phone gets a text, my phone beeps the power ranger tone that the original power rangers had whenever Zoron needed them.

HAHHAHAHAHA NERDS UNITE!

Awesome ring tone, my brother has the theme song. I have the old sonic music when I get a text message. =)

Books, I am obsessive about books. Especially history, classics, sci-fi, fantasy, sociology, philosophy and theology.

gamer, especially WoW and FF, books, any pretty much, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, preferable the books though, Own the more well known ones as well as the Children of Hurion and Similarium or how ever it is spelled, Movies and computer. I think that's about it, though I could be wrong*chuckling*

I am certainly a nerd. I've always enjoyed video games, anime, art and films from other countries. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now if I can just find the right nerd girl someday. Haha!

Back
Top Bottom