Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Lesson in The Dark (Shyone and fluxarmageddon)

shyone

Supernova
The plane touched down at New Chitose Airport, carrying all sorts of people to this snowy area of Japan. One passenger specifically was a bit caught off guard by the cold winter weather, a young man who had bought multiple seats on the plane in order to accommodate his wheel chair and the IV bag attached to it. A sneeze came out of his lips whenever flight attendant announced that the people could get off the plane. Ryou the young man in question… crossed his arms as he began to shiver slightly and looked out the window before face palming. Yes he had a light blanket over his legs, but he had not expected weather like this… weather that was not good for his already weak constitution. ”I knew I should have checked the weather before I got here. As a matter of fact I forgot the picture of the person who was picking me up in my baggage… I do hope she finds me soon at least.” Shivering again the male laughed as his long black hair hung over his face, he wait patiently until all of the other passengers had gotten off the plane, before he was able to wheel himself off.

Well even if he had forgotten to bring along some cold weather clothes, at least everything with his luggage would be handled. Given how big this airport was, Ryou knew that was the last thing he wanted to deal with. Finding his caretaker would be the hardest part, so he just hoped that they knew what he looked like and would be watching out for him. The information that he did have was that he needed to go down to Unloading Area B which was near Terminal 10 and the limo that was picking him up should be waiting outside their. Lucky for him his deceased father’s influence as well as given the fact the family had given some money to help construct this airport meant that they had a spot which almost always seemed to be open right at the front door when a member of the family came through. It was somewhere on the way there that he was supposed to meet his caretaker. He began to wonder exactly who it was, given that there were many employees of the family that it could possibly be… it was just like his father to leave stuff like this as a surprise to his son.

Wheeling himself along Kurosawa found out what not paying attention could get one in a busy place so quickly at this time. Going down one of the ramps, there was a person who rudely decided to pass the young lad in such a way that caught him off guard. Almost snatching his IV out of his arm, the young man was able to turn his wheelchair to dodge it, yelling in Japanese, ”Watch were your going you stupid asshole!!” Getting completely ignored as he realized that he had forget to put the brakes on his wheelchair while shooting the man a bird. The lad could be quite uncouth sometimes and as it did now… it got him into trouble… his wheelchair scooting down the ramp and with a swerve it tipped and deposited its owner onto the floor. Pulling out the IV in his arm, Ryou held in a cry of pain, as he was used to being in hospitals enough that things like this fall and the loose of the needle while painful, were not going to bring tears from his eyes anytime soon. ”I guess that is what I get for being a dick to people.”

The young genius normally was not one to yell like he had, and so as he started to try and pull himself back up into the wheel chair as well as get it back up right… a dizzy spell washed over him. Maybe the cold air was getting to him, or maybe he needed his medication, either way the day just couldn’t get any worse. All he wanted was to find his caretaker and get home so that he could talk to them about the plans of how things were going to go from now on, and maybe even get to know them. They didn't leave form their winter home to head down to his main home in Tokyo until the weekend was up... so that would be a good time they would have to themselves in what could become a snowed in region.

Sayaka Uede had waited outside of baggage claim for the past half hour for her target to arrive. It was always peculiar how she would end up in these predicaments where she would have to handle frivolous tasks such as taking care of some sorry sob story in order to gain access to something grander. The payout would be worth her while, even if she was stuck playing as a maid for a couple of months. She had vaguely heard of the family name… though the fact that they had gathered any enemies hadn’t been news to her either. Rich families attracted stupid people in powerful positions… and they wanted that financial stability to gather more power. Whether or not that included hiring those that went out to the highest bidder was optional for them. Sayaka just happened to be such a person, a cyber terrorist with an obligation to dig up the darkest secrets and hidden treasures from those who did not protect them well enough.

And this current job included ensuring that the child of some rich family was cared for while in Tokyo. He probably had quite a bit of security to him regarding all of what his family did own… but…

Sayaka sighed to herself and hoisted the backpack she carried with her onto her shoulders and walked away from the baggage claim once all the passengers from the numbered flight had left with their luggage. She decided to head towards the gate herself to see where the Hell he was, her patience already running thin. She did not want to do this job but it was always something that she had to overcome in order to get what she wanted. Once this guy's guard was down, or he was in bed away from the real world, she would have access to what she wanted and what her client needed.

Looking around, she pulled out a mobile phone and looked through her gallery to a photo of the man in question. She looked from the phone every once in a while to make sure she was not missing him as she walked the busy halls and then when she turned the corner to one of the terminals, there he was clambering about on the floor like a helpless cripple. It was the way her mind worked. Sayaka did not want to think the job would be all too easy but she would never assume. She would never assume things again.

No, her clothes did not resemble that of any help but she had managed to get into their systems by creating an identity for herself as an experienced house cleaner and caretaker of those less fortunate to take care of themselves. She had been hired on without suspicion and Sayaka always covered her own tracks expertly. However, as fake as it was, she approached him and cleared her throat to attract his attention. “Had an accident with your chair? Those things can be quite flimsy. They don’t hold up at all when you turn them wrong.” She played the part of a friendly hostess. She had learned the tools of the track from whom she had deemed the best at them. She gave a small smile and kneeled down to his level on the ground. “I am Sayaka. I believe your family has hired me to look after you for the time being… Let’s get you into the seat and we will get the Hell out of this place.”

He had done a fine enough job with getting the wheelchair back onto the large wheels. “You’ve lost your IV as well. Should we put it back in?” Now, that was something she wasn’t quite used to. She tore people apart and didn’t fix them but he knew the basics like hitting a vein with a needle. She paused to wait for his answers, hands on her hips. She clicked her tongue. “Either way, you’re ride is outside waiting for us. We should go as soon as possible in order to make sure you get home to rest.”

The young man was starting to get slightly pissed off right now. The first reason being his own clumsiness that had gotten him in this position and the second being the number of people around him, but the fact that no one could stop for five seconds just to be a helpful person to someone in need. Sighing he struggled to get back up into his seat one more time only to fail as sweat started to dot his brow… now this wasn’t good at all… was he starting to get feverish? Luckily he didn’t have too much time to think about that question when suddenly he heard a voice call out in his direction, and looking up… his eyes began to grow wide as what to him was basically an ‘angel’ came over to rescue his less than well socialized self. Letting his long black hair cover over his face, Ryou was blushing by the time she stood over him and when she mentioned his chair the male looked at it just to give himself an excuse not to look ‘up’ at her and well the nice pair of tits that stuck out of her chest, ”Oh yeah, but I wouldn’t blame the chair completely. Some people around this airport can be a little rude, and not watch where they are going.”

As she knelt down close to him, Ryou leaned slightly away from her. It was obvious that this was not done because she had gotten to close, but out of shyness. When the woman identified her purpose, his mind went into serious mode… while he retained the look of the shy lad on the outside. This women, her time limit for being hired, she had been lied to by his family. From Ryou’s point of view anyone hired to do that job would be a job till his death. Doctors told him he wouldn’t live till a ripe old age, and with the passing of his father maybe this expensive caretaker was like a gift to him. He could see his old man doing something like this, basically giving him a beautiful woman to have on his arm for the rest of his short life. Despite his blushing features, a small satisfied smile crossed Ryou’s face at that idea. He spent quite a bit of time alone because of his illness, it would be good to have some company, ”Nice to meet you Sayaka, my name is Ryou Kurosawa if you haven’t been informed already. I know my family hired you to take care of me, but please just call me Ryou, and as for any promised salary. Well my father left everything to me so if I may be so bold as to ask as part of your duties… will you allow me to splurge on you. Never really had anyone to buy stuff for and treat to things…”

His voice faded off with a nervous laugh as he didn’t know why he had asked her that, but when she mentioned them getting out of here… the young man just couldn’t agree more. As he wrapped his arms around her waist whenever she put hers under his elbows to help him get on his feet coming so near to her ample breast had that beat red blush spreading over his face again. Finally though the male stood weakly until he could sit back his chair making sure to hide his embarrassment behind that long hair of his, ”Thanks Sayaka. I can put the IV back in myself after years of practice if that is ok with you, just please hand it to me. My father helped build this place so we can get some coffee and hot chocolate for the road on the way out.” He would wait until she handed him the needle and with amazing precision the lad stuck it back into his arm. Holding his arm still while he reached into a baggie on the side of his wheel chair and got out fresh tape to make sure it was held in. Also he got a bandage to tie over that. Once he was done he looked back up at Sayaka, point in the direction of the coffee shop,

”Just head down that way and it should be right on our way. As I said you can get what you want because everything is on me. Consider it a way to celebrate the start of a new friendship. Oh and by the way... you wouldn't happen to have a blanket or something warm I could hold onto. I didn't check the weather and well... now I find myself freezing in what I am wearing.” Shivering as he glanced shyly up at his new caretaker his naïve nature showed through at this point, that he had no clue in what she was really here to do. At the same time, Ryou was obviously a harmless creature… or so he seemed and was just really happy to have a friend and companion in his life. Even more so it seemed that the lad was really shy about the fact that it was a very pretty girl like Sayaka was, maybe his sheltered life had kept him from getting hardly any female attention. It was certainly something that could be used against him.

Sayaka, although a woman who had seen many things in her young lifetime, was never a fan of needles and so when Ryou went to jab the needle back into the vein, she tried her best to not scrunch up her face into an expression of displeasure. Well, a little tough, wasn’t he? It was not like it meant anything to her, though. When he offered to buy her things and a coffee, she gave a scoff and couldn’t help the small genuine smile that came to her face. “Oh, please. I’m just doing my job. You are already paying me well enough to get all my own clothes and other things… plus I do well enough on my own. But if that would ease your mind, you could get me a dress~.” She teased lightly as she walked alongside of his wheelchair as they set off down the hallway in the direction that Ryou had indicated to get to the coffee shop.

The queue to the coffee shop wasn’t entirely long as flights were departing right now and not many people in this area were stuck waiting at their gates. He mentioned something about a blanket… perhaps she needed to make sure that he was comfortable first. He had after all had a nasty fall out of his chair and perhaps his body reacted to the environment differently. The airport was heated well enough but the outside was treacherous and he didn’t have a coat on. Sayaka had assumed it was because he had been traveling on the plane but now he wasn’t wearing anything additional. “Ah… you didn’t pack anything?” She wondered aloud. Maybe he just wasn’t ready for the cold at all but someone with that sort of money she had thought he would be prepared for all weather conditions. People made mistakes.

“You are lucky that my backpack resembles that of Mary Poppins’.” She stated this as she turned it off of her shoulders and unzipped the main compartment. She pulled out a large jacket that she had stuffed away once the rain had turned to snow. “It isn’t a blanket but you can put it over your front. It will be enough for now… I will try to call the driver of our car so that he can pull up close as he can to the departure doors, okay?”

And just like that, it was their turn to order. Sayaka never took a liking to the bitter taste of coffee but she did spend a few all-nighters drinking her tea. She ordered a tea latte and then looked over to Ryou and waited for him to decide on his order. “What you want?” After he had given his order and the drinks were paid for, they moved aside so the barista could make them. Sayaka shifted on her toes inside of her boots and clasped her hands behind her back after putting the bag back onto her shoulders. Ah, it could be difficult to be friendly with someone you were practically going to screw over... Where was she supposed to even begin?

“Mm… are you glad to be in Tokyo?” She ventured a question. Pausing, she gave way to considering his predicament, “If you are not in the mood to talk about anything, just say so and I will shut my mouth.” She grinned regardless of this. She always enjoyed her peace and solitude even when she was around people. She had a very few good friends that traveled all around for similar work. Sayaka did not need them for this job, though.

Ryou looked to the side, shyly as she scoffed at his offer making him wonder if he had chosen incorrectly to make that offer to her. He had meant more than just buying her things, but in a way treating her like a queen even if she was just supposed to be his caretaker. The male wanted to do everything he could to make his first true companion happy. Her smile put a blush on his face and the offer to get her a dress actually brought out a surprising amount of resolved from the pit of stomach, ”Sayaka… I… well… I promise you that it will be the best dress that money can buy. However your salary isn’t enough to satisfy me… just please for my sake. I will keep paying you, but anytime you want something special something that might require more than you make or even special channels… I just want to… I just want to take care of you.” He instantly started in the direction of the coffee shop as he said this, the young man was obviously so tied up in knots right now from trying to correct himself from before. It wasn’t that he was trying to buy her friendship, it was simply that he was a bit confused on her turning down his offer of taking care of her in the best way he could.

Once they were waiting in line Ryou was looking down at his seat when he heard her speak up, ”A mistake on my part really…” However it seemed that Sayaka was quick to react as the woman pulled off her backpack and then took out a large jacket and handled it to him. The male took it in his long pale fingers and nodded shyly, slipping the coat over his front the warmth that surrounded him and made him feel safe brought a smile to his face. ”Thanks for this Sayaka, maybe we can get some proper blankets on the way to the house? I know of a few stores between here and the winter abode. Unless you have anywhere special you want to stop?” He didn’t know if this was the first time that she had come to this region or not. As he looked up at the menu Kurosawa remember that he wasn’t much of a coffee drinker, lucky it seemed that neither was Sayaka…

”Just a hot chocolate for me please, never much liked coffee, but this place always made nice hot chocolate so that was why I mentioned it.” Following his caretaker to the side, the male sighed as he too found that he was unused to talking to people. For a moment the cover that he normally kept up slipped as he rested his head in his hands, sighing softly he looked straight forward, almost seemingly ignoring her question at first as he gave his compliment that he had been building up to, ”Sayaka I wanted to say I think you look very pretty, and the way you dress is very nice as well…” His voice trailed away as he kind of stared in the direction of the menu so that he could shyly avoid eye contact with the woman. Just like he had done when she had spoken with him on the floor, then realizing he had interrupted her and quickly recovered in a rather stammering voice saying, ”Well to be honest I am, though we still have a few days before we are in Tokyo. Remember Sayaka-chan. The house we are going to do is just a winter home for my family, and the one in Tokyo is ten times bigger than that.”

Holding out his arms to either side he accidentally touched the back of his hand, to her gloved hand… then quickly pulled away once he had realized what he had done. Again looking down shyly in his seat, though the very idea that she might shut her mouth quickly had him turn and take hold of that hand in both of his as he said, ”No… no… no… that is all right. I am just not used to having a companion around is all. As I have explained before my sickness has kept me isolated for most of my life. So I am just not used to socializing… as I have always kept myself busy with my other pursuits. Oh wait I touched you again… I am sorry…” Quickly letting go of her the young man kind of looked away again. It was obvious he wanted to talk, but was a bit nervous about doing so, and at the same time the male was shy around Sayaka. It saddened him slightly as he sighed, wishing for once that he had more practice at this.

The hacker for hire was caught between listening and paying attention to the way that the barista made their drinks. Her light blue eyes flickered to the side, back over to him as he continuously made a notion to reach out and touch her. Every time… she internally clenched herself all tight together, mind drawing a blank and only red flags and alarms whining in her mind. She flinched and drew her hand towards her again, away from his chair and away from him, giving a rather twisted look that was strained between apologetic and wary. This poor guy, it was her initial thought when she recalled that he was paying her a compliment about her looks. Perhaps she had gotten him hook, line, and sinker already. It would be a bore to her if it were that easy. And yet something about how sincere he seemed through his words really put her aside. The most menial of tasks, including taking their drinks in her hands after the barista called them out, proved to be troubling as she took up the cups and offered him his. "Want me to push your chair while you have a sip or should I just carry it until we get to the car...?" But one thing was troubling her.

“Kurosawa-san,” she finally addressed him and turned to the side to face him, “It is not meant as an insult to her that I have rejected your offer to spoil me. I am used to following my own path and it can be a handicap at times when allowing others around me… But I must say this or else things will be uncomfortable between us,” she averted her gaze, the words lumping in her throat heavily. It was unlike her to allow any of her own personal information out into the open but if he was going to make an effort to try and get to know her then that could prove to be a challenge. Sayaka needed to create a different persona from her own but not today. No, she needed to play her cards carefully. If she gave way to some of her own weaknesses, then perhaps he would continue to keep his guard down.

This part was true, however. “I am not used to my employers being so charitable or open with me emotionally or physically. “The Help” is often determined as a lower class of people from what I have learned in the profession.” Well… in a different way but it applied to many other jobs as well. She always went to the employer that paid the most and did awful things for their bidding. She was a pawn in everyone’s games and she knew that it was dangerous but it paid the bills. Her life… was strange, adventurous, and sometimes scary or demeaning. But she had to do it as it was all she thought herself to be good at.

“I am just shocked, that’s all,” she confessed as she waited for him to turn back around in his chair so they could set off toward arrivals where their car was waiting. “But I must ask you to… warn me or ask my permission if you’re going to touch me. I was never aware of people’s intentions with me and forgive me, but some employers can be sketchy with the maids or whoever they end up getting close to in the years.” She sighed. Well, she had seen some instances on crime TV and soap operas. That didn’t mean that it did not happen in real life, though. “One poor girl I knew was charged with thieving at a place I once worked at. The boss continuously made advances, which she had rejected but one night the wife walked in on him making a pass and assumed she was the culprit. Poor girl lost her job and reputation as someone honest.” She shook her head.

Maybe she should change the topic of conversation before things got too heavy. “I know you probably did not mean it that way,” she gave a small smile and winked. “I won’t get hand-sy with you unless you want me too either, okay?” A light tease and hopefully the mood would be alleviated. “How about…” she hummed thoughtfully, thinking of what shops they could visit on the way to the temporary place, “I have visited many visits in Japan and so I know a few shops we could stop at for all your warmth needs. I actually have something in mind for you, if you don’t mind us stopping at an off the wall sort of place.”

Ryou noticed her reaction instantly and to be honest it was all he could do to keep the sadness off his face. This woman was supposed to be his caretaker? How was she going to do that if she seemed disgusted by the idea of even touching him. Sure he had in the past doctors and nurses with a cold bedside manner, but even that cold professionalism where better than the outright disgust combined with a look that seemed like a wary one. Yes the young man was misreading out Sayaka felt, but given the way people treated at him in the past because of his sickness… what was he supposed to think. He saw her reaction as that of someone who didn’t want to be in contact with him because of his sickness if they didn’t have to be. Sighing softly the male looked down sadly at his lap and twiddled his thumbs in his lap and using his hair to hide the frown on his face and even the single tear that stained his cheek, one which he quickly wiped off when Sayaka went to get there drinks. Ryou promised himself he wouldn’t let her figure out he had been so close on the verge of crying.

”Would you just push me Sayaka? I would prefer that you did unless doing so would make you uncomfortable.” In his emotional state the young man had accidently played his cards a bit when it came to what he was so worried about. Still he would keep looking down and not look up until the moment she said his last name. Listening closely to what she said, the woman’s words did explain a few things, but he had to admit that he didn’t understand them. Sighing sadly the male nodded his head not wanting to make her uncomfortable, and he also wished to treat her with respect and allow her to do the things that she wanted to, ”You have not insulted me Sayaka. If that is your wish then may I at least be allowed to ask that we compromise and I raise your pay a bit more? Either way I am sorry myself. I was simply trying to take care of you by allowing you to spend from the money my father left me just like I am able to do so since we are always going to be together. It would be kind of silly for you… the person who is always going to be closest to me to not share in that wealth.”

He scratched the back of his head laughing, but there was sadness there, as it showed Ryou never thought he would have anyone to be his spouse around. Truth be told though that because of his sickness this was unlikely and such was his desire to treat Sayaka probably stemmed from this. Not that he would ever admit to any such thing, however her next words bothered him a bit as he wondered if she had really expected such horrible behavior out of him. Did she really think that he was going to treat her like a lower class of person? Did she really think that he was going to physically try and use her and then throw her to the side like a piece of garbage? Once he had his drink in hand and had taken a sip the male sat back in his seat, but before doing so he said, ”Please Sayaka-chan, forgive me but I can’t express what I am about to say without hugging you if that is ok?” Having been direct in his warning the male would turn his seat just to the side enough that he could wrap his arms gently around Sayaka’s waist.

His hold was light if she wanted to step away, but the woman would notice there was a sad rueful look on Ryou’s face as he spoke, ”Don’t ever think that your just a lower class of person to me ok Sayaka-chan. You are my friend, my confidante, and I am sure one of the only people who will be willing to spend their time with me. I know we haven’t known each other long, but it is what your assigned to do as the last wish of my father that makes you so precious to me. Don’t take that the wrong way, because you seem like a nice lady and I am sure I will come to like you for other reasons as well, but for now it is the your providing me with companionship where no one else does.” By the time he was done Ryou had let himself slip back a bit and was only holding the flaps in her coat, looking at the ground, the male had gotten a little emotional in his speech. Realizing he was teary eyed and cried some while talking the male let go of Sayaka and leaned back in his chair, wiping his nose and face as he laughed at her words blushing a little at her teasing as he indicated towards the exit of the coffee shop, so that she could start wheeling him out if she wanted to.

”To be honest you could get hand-sy with me anytime you…” Realizing that he was letting to much of his inner pervert show with that statement, Ryou covered his face in embarrassment. As it was a sign that the air was lifting around the two and the heavy stuff had probably passed, ”… forget I said that… well don’t forgot… just just… ah well. Anyway I think that visiting a place like that would be swell as long as they have room for a guy in his chair like me. Yeah most places have room for a wheel chair, but mine comes with extra attachments. You know we could also go to a sushi restaurant I know of near here. It is just on the way to my place and the family who runs it knows me pretty well.”

Back
Top Bottom