Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favourite Flowers

Ghost_kitty

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Flowers are a natural beauty and so diverse in colour, style and pattern. Lets look at what flowers you feel help make this world a much brighter place or maybe which you simply love to sniff or see. Maybe a particular one has a meaning to you or summons a memory be it happy or sad.

For me I simply love roses, thier elegant layers and how they smell just after a fresh shower. They come in so many colours but I adore the Osiria rose for how it has pure white outside its petals then the contrasting blood red inside.

I also love the Buddleia for its heavy but sweet scent that really freshens the air around it and embodies nature. That an it attracts all sorts of butterflies to it which makes a garden a little bit more of a paradise.

My favorite flower has always been Bittersweet Nightshade. I just love the color and design of it. I usually find it in graveyards around here, so, it adds this pretty tone to the environment. We also had some growing every year beside the back porch but sometimes it gets tangled with the exhaust fan and we have to trim it.

ETA: Aria's post reminded me of a couple. <3

Devil's Trumpet You see all the different kinds of "trumpet" flowers and I like these ones because they kind of look crazy or untamed. Like they were doing that "flowy, spread outward" thing and got carried away with overlapping layers.

Blue bells I love the name and the meaning and of course the color! They represent humility and gratitude and have lore attached, sometimes called harebells in Scotland because it was believed witches would turn into hares and hide among the flowers.

Bluebonnets. They bloom in the spring here in Texas and cover fields and fields of the bluish-purple color. It's so pretty!

Chrysanthemums. They symbolize joy, fidelity, and optimism, and come in a huge range of colors.

Oriental Poppy. I just like it because it's such a beautiful shade of pink, and it looks so delicate. Like it would die if you touched it, haha.

Some beautiful suggestions so far! In particular the bittersweet nightshade and blue bonnets. Then again any shade of blue or purple naturally draws me to it!

Also when I still lived with parents every spring on the hill near us was an army of bluebells, never knew about the lore and meaning but makes that memory of them all the more sweeter.

I adore all flowers so it's too tricky to choose. These lupins go some way to help!

article-0-0A0F972C000005DC-58_468x314.jpg

I absolutely adore calla lillies - they are such beautiful blooms.

Purple calla lillies :heart:
59fd4bd4b64efc510bc581bf24ec03ce.jpg

70483a986efd5ddc51f5b913f6a4a788.jpg

Agh! So beautiful!

I love the scent of lavender, Asphodel. My favorite scent is a combination of lavender and vanilla. I got some stuff a few years ago that you use for spraying your pillow and blankets to help you sleep at night. Not sure if it works but I love the smell. Which is funny because I hate flower scents otherwise.

So many beautiful flowers here! As an observation ive noticed most of them seem to be purple in colour or a blue shade. Is there so ething about that colour on a flower that appeals?

Back
Top Bottom