Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Desires (The Duchess & Mr. M)

She smiled at the greeting and thought that it wasn't like him to do that " ok now you have me suspicious... what are you up to" she asked and smiled at him carring the sack back into the kitchen and sat it on the table before putting it all away into the cabinets before looking at him and coming around and kissed him gently before taking his bag and did the same thing.

He helped as best he could with the putting things away; he didn't really know where things went, so much, though, as when he had resupplied things before, he'd just bought more of what was already there and put the new things with the old things, and some of the foodstuffs she had gotten were completely unfamiliar to him. But he helped.

When she was done, he took her hand and led her to her room. There, the wood stack by the fireplace was entirely full, which was the minor detail: the major change was a very large, very comfortable, brand new bed and mattress, purchased, moved, and assembled by him just this evening.

She paused and looked around before smiling and wrapping her arms around his gently " thank you so much Michael " she said quietly and gazed up at him before taking his hand and kissing it softly before hearing something , she fell silent and looked away trying to listen with her human ears " do you hear that?" she asked looking up at him before moving around and headed for the large door now hearing voices on the other side, she was sure that she wasn't followed, she was positive about it and now they had people in the sewers and right outside their door, she stayed deathly quiet and looked over at him.

He had indeed heard them approaching, and had hidden his increasing tension from her, but once they came near enough that even she could hear them, and she moved back to the library/entrance area, he didn't have to conceal anything. He was geared up for slaughter when, just before the booming knock, he recognized one of the voices, and his face fell.

Faster than thought, he went to her, moving so quickly he seemingly appeared next to her as if by magic. Clapping a gentle but firm hand across her mouth to keep her silent, he wound his other arm around her waist and flashed them both into her bedroom. The transition would be dazzlingly quick for her, so he put her back down propped against her new bed to recover while he closed the door and returned to her, whispering urgently directly into her ear, so that the creatures out in the tunnel wouldn't be able to hear.

"Charis, these are fellow monsters, come for a social call. They have not softened toward you, as I have, and in groups, they tend to be even more vicious. I don't want to let them at you, but I can't deny them a brief visit -- our society is rarefied enough, I'm required to play host. I want you to stay here in safety; they'll be able to hear and smell you, but they'll think you're locked up. I'll leave the door ajar, though, so you'll be able to listen to the conversation. Will you do this for me?"

She finally took a breath when he set her down and came back to her, she nodded slowly and looked up at him, "don't let them back here, you know as well as i do that i couldn't fend them off.... ill stay hidden for as long as you need me to" she smiled at him and looked down straightening him out quickly and fixing his hair before nodding " there no go and greet your company" she said and gently pushed him still smiling at him before walking around her bed and thought this was a good time to act like he hadn't softened up an gently took the shackle at the end of the bed since it was attached to the the floor and gently moved it around her ankle after changing into her night gown and climbing into bed, maybe she could get some sleep until he came to get her later.

Once the door opened there stood two women and a man behind them, one was rather thin and took the vampiric look to another level, she wore a black long dress that looked more like a night gown than an outing dress, She had long black hair and red eyes with a beauty mark right below her left eye, and just beside her was someone just as beautiful, but she had white blonde hair and fair skin as well, but she wore blue and had pink lips, the women were total opposites in looks but both held that evil look about them, the one in blue came forward and would kiss his cheek as she walked in and the other did the same as if they owned the place, the one in blue sat down on the couch and gazed around his home and looked at him" Duke i have never seen your home, this is quite a collection of books you have" she had and austria accent and smiled as she took the others hand and held it " doesn't he have a lovly home Larana?" she looked at the one in black and smiled, she how ever didn't crack a smile but simply nod " you think every home is lovely Abbigale " she said in a low but beautiful voice, she had an English accent and sat with Abby.

He looked at them with open skepticism and wariness, not even bothering to cloak his suspicion. "Abbigale, Larana. Welcome to my home." He favored the man who brought up the rear with a sour look. "I don't recall giving you permission to bring guests by my retreat, Anatoly," he said with clearly artificial cheeriness.

"It's Ivan now," the other man sighed, breezing into the library with no apparent care for his host's discomfort. "Yet another change in identity, yet another new set of papers. Oh, my dear Duke, things were so much easier before the humans learned to write!"

"Or so you've heard," he said dryly, closing the door behind them. Perhaps if he was poor enough company, they would leave all the sooner. He was accused of being wretched company in the best of moods, but he couldn't bear the senseless gabbling and vapid nothings that came out of their mouths disguised as conversation. He never did like socializing; it always made him feel sad and angry and incomplete, somehow, in a way that he no longer cared to wonder about. But the small community of monsters insisted, sometimes just to torture him, he thought.

Abby smiled showing those long fangs and leaned back looking at their host" bah the humans are and will always be good for one thing, a snack and a fuck" she beamed at Lara and then at the men " it was bound to happen sooner or later, tho i prefer my food to not speak at all" she giggled at the thought again and soon drew in a breath from her nose and stopped before licking her lips " mmmmm Duke..... you have something sweet here.... she smells divine" her mouth was almost watering at the smell of Charis before her head turned towards the door that lead to the hallway where charis' door was open.

"That is my latest," he said curtly, moving to sit in the chair with its back to the door, well-poised to intercept if anyone got too curious. "And she is not for general consumption. I expect this one to last a long time." And he did, but not for the reasons they thought. "And you, Abby... you have a tendency to overeat."

"Ivan" made a whining, complaining sound, but the Duke just stared him down. He wouldn't be bullied or cajoled in his own residence, and he was entirely in his rights to eject them at any point. "Just state your business, if you please. Is this a social visit?"

Abby pouted like a little girl and soon forgot Charis " mmm yes and no, we come with a proposition maybe you could host a little party, you have not had your turn yet and we all feel that it is time, 100 years goes by awfully quick you see" she said keeping her back straight and her head held high while holding lara's hand tenderly as if she were a lover of sorts, and quite possibly she was. " we would hope that you would accept this offer, Ivan has offered to bring the... snacks " she grined at the thought and looked at the Duke calmly.

He arched an eyebrow, gazing at them silently.

Ivan shifted, gesturing languidly. "I would be happy to provide whatever variety you like. Men, women, any race you care for. Perhaps you could let us sample your unsampleable, if we were properly sated before, hm?"

"I'm afraid my chambers here don't have the room for such a gathering," he started.

"Ah, but there's that large chamber you control just down the tunnel," Ivan countered. He glared at the other vampire, who just pretended to be engrossed in the bookshelf nearby, though a smug smile played around his lips.

Abby grinned at them and nodded " then its settled? we will have the gathering in the chamber down the tunnel, say... in the next two weeks? give everyone ample time to get here" she smiled knowingly at the Duke and watched him daring him to say no, it was his duty to host this time, when he indulged in the last meeting at her home.

"Fine. Two weeks from... tonight?" That would be the maximum time allotted in her plan, and he didn't intend to have the party any sooner than he had to. "Settled. So... how are your activities? Have you learned anything new in that research project you were on about last time?" He couldn't recall exactly what it was that she had been looking into, what it was she had been occupying her immense immortal time with, but it was something esoteric and mystical, and he knew if he got her started talking about it, he wouldn't be forced to make much more conversation.

She wrinkled her nose and shook her head " ahh yes i remember, i was unsuccessful and have put it down for a while, i might come back to it later when technology has enhanced" she stayed still and looked at him before smiling the scent of Charis filling her nose and making her senses flare, " altho it is quite interesting, i have discovered that some humans are special and can see memories from vampires, course i have only tested this on myself , every time i bite mine they can see my memories, tho some more unpleasant than others.... i have only found one to where i can see theirs, its quite interesting, i have been gathering subjects to test this, but its so hard to weed the special ones out" she pouted slightly before looking at his with seriousness " its nothing for you to worry about tho, my studies aren't finished, i want to see how they are able to do that when vampires can't, but as i said, technology needs to enhance more" she looked to the time and almost hissed in annoyance " we must take our leave, if im going to be able to get a snack before going back home" she looked to Lara and smiled stroking her face gently and standing letting her follow, before turning to the Duke and bowing her head " this visit was pleasant and i look forward to seeing you in two weeks."

When they rose, he flashed to his feet as well, eager to get them out of his rooms. He levered open the heavy door and bowed politely to both of the ladies, noting how Abby practically led Lara by the hand. He wondered idly if Lara was suffering from chemicals laced into someone she ate, was succumbing like so many did to the ennui of the ages, or if she was just feeling passive today. Hell, for all he knew, Abby had ensorcelled her. Who knew how long that was going to last.

He bolted the door behind them and pondered a bit on Abby's words. He'd never volunteered information for Abby's studies, but he tended to receive memories in the blood from his victims with some regularity. That made him think the issue was not with the humans but with the feeder. Perhaps Abby was just insensitive to the psychic impressions, as she was insensitive to a number of other things. Who knew? But the news that some humans could see vampiric memories through a feeding -- that was new.

Considering the implications of that, he stole up to Charis's door, and listened to her breathing through the thick wood. She could well be asleep; he didn't want to disturb her in her new bed, if she was getting rest. But he had news if she was awake, so he listened to find out which was the state of affairs.

She had been tossing and turning not being able to fall asleep in her wonderfully comfortable bed she wondered how he got this down here with out being seen with such a large thing, she was sitting up in bed and was reading by the time he came to the door and it was so silent that she did hear his light foot falls, she had grown custom to listening for them and smiled when he was at the door, but also feared that someone else was with him, she moved her head to the side slightly looking at her door frowning lightly and lightly called out "master" she hated calling him that, but she didn't want to give anyone a reason to doubt him in his position, she closed her book slowly and stared at the door knowing he heard her.

She smiled and stopped him by placing her hand on his lightly," no that's not why i couldn't sleep, i just didn't want to sleep while others were around just in case you lost sight of one of them and they wandered back here, i just wanted to be on my guard" she said quietly and smiled lightly and moved closer to him pulling the blankets off her and sitting next to him letting her feet dangle of the side while looking at him " so you are going to be hosting a party then?"

He looked grim momentarily. "Apparently." He broke his expression to smile at her. "You have good ears. Yes, I'm being forced into a party, I'm afraid. I am not... entirely independent of the demands of my species." He sighed. "It's not to be much, just an excuse to get together and talk about nothing. More something to be endured than enjoyed. But I have two weeks to get it organized. There's a space, not far away, so at least they will not be violating my... our... home." He sighed. "But they're gone for now. And I hope it's another few years before they come back." He looked at her again. "But what of you? What of the rest of the night, for you?"

She smiled and nodded to him " well its so quiet around here, i guess i have grown accustom to it and can hear almost anything, not as good as yours i assume." she nodded about the party and almost started to laugh when he had that look on his face, but she held it back, the thought of him hosting a party was a funny thought he wasn't exactly the social type she even had to break his shell to get him to talk to her, with out him just sitting there while she talked and he listened, she nudged him lightly and watched him," the sooner it comes, the sooner it will be over im sure there are many of your kind and many other houses to play host to this get together, so its only one night, it isn't a big deal" she said quietly and calmly before getting up and walking around him checking the fire and putting her book away carefully. " i don't know about the rest of the night, im probably going to start my dinner, i haven't eaten all day" that's when she heard her stomach growl loudly and she could of almost punched it to get it to shut up and stay quiet, but it happened and he heard it and all she could do was smile and put her hands behind her back.

He looked almost amused at her reaction to her own bodily reactions. "Oh, please. That is the most benign of signals of your hunger." He stood. "My own indicators are never quite so harmless. Come, let's get you fed."

He was centuries out of practice in working in the kitchen, but he was immune to extremes of temperature and strong enough to lift a cauldron full of water, so he could easily help with the cooking under her direction. Mostly though he just watched her eat, and behind the mild expression on his face, he tried to remember what it was like to chew and swallow and have the taste mean anything. So much of his early memories were just gone, memories of his breathing life, the early years of his vampiric existence. Some he knew he'd banished, though he of course no longer remembered why. And yet there were vestiges, and they continued to nudge him nearly constantly, just barely in the back of his brain.

She was used to the feeling on him watching her while she ate and it no longer bothered her that he did watch her, so she ate still using manners that were taught to her when she was younger, when she finished she put her spoon down gently and looked at him now seeing that look on his face again and wondered what it was he thought about, she figured he would tell her when he wanted to so she got up easily and took her dish to the small sink and washed it real quick before setting it out to dry, she came back over to him and placed her hand on his collar bone and moved around to stand behind him snaking her other arm to gently wrap around his neck, she moved her head down closer and softly kissed the area by his ear and let her lips linger there for a bit before smiling slightly " when you stare off into nothing like that i always wonder what you are thinking about." she said softly in his ear and hugged him gently.

He raised a hand to clasp her arm to his chest. "I try and remember, mostly. There was a time I was human, had emotions, thought things, did more than just survive and pass the time. With you here... those forgotten memories, there's enough left to disturb me, to make me want more. But they're gone, or locked away where I can't reach them."

He patted her arm. "I suppose we'll have to make new ones, but I wish it could be easier. I have forgotten even how to interact with most humans where there's not violence involved."

She smiled and kept her head close to his and spoke again "Well.... i have a high tolerance for pain so your in luck, and if you don't remember that is fine to." she joked mildly and smiled at him slightly "and you seem to be doing a good enough job with me, so not all is lost Micheal " she raised her other arm up slowly and stroked his lips lightly before turning his head around slowly and taking him into a slow but deep kiss for a moment before pulling away slowly standing up letting her arms leave his body " humm i am going to go and read for a bit" she said quietly and turned from him heading for her room to grab her book so she could go to the study

He followed her at a sedate pace. "Perhaps if I give a wretched enough event, they will cease to ask me to host? Or better yet, cease to invite me to such parties at all!" He didn't mind the existence of other vampires, but he had no interest in the politicking and one-upsmanship that seemed to define so much of vampire social interaction. As if petty games against each other was all that they could think of to occupy their long, dreary unlives. "Though, given my general skill with this sort of thing, I imagine it will be wretched enough without my special effort."

She laughed softly and moved to the study easily " hehe im sure you won't have to do that, i mean who else are you going to talk to during your long life, you can't go at it alone you know " she said and sat down in a chair pulling her feet up close to her and propping again the arm of the chair and opening her book before looking up at him . She didn't like to think about the fact that she wouldn't live as long as him but it was the way of the world, unless... would he do that? he had no reason to do that so she couldn't think about it now or anytime, she had spent months with him and has grown quite fond of him... she wouldn't say no if he decided to change her, she she wasn't really anybody as far as society was concerned, she did a mental slap and brought herself back to the room and smiled at him kindly.

Back
Top Bottom