Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Exactly What the Old Ones had in Mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonebones

Star
Hey there! My name's Yukio Akagi. Let's see, a little bit about myself... Well, I'm 17 years old, my favorite food is sweet and sour shrimp stir-fry, and I'm currently attending my senior year here at Yamamura High School. It's only been a few weeks into the school year, so all of the clubs are fighting tooth and nail for new members! Last year I was a part of the horror movie enthusiast club, but due to the majority of our members graduating, it was disbanded. I was really bummed, I miss my senpais just thinking about it. That's okay though, I'm sure I'll be able to find a new club that suits my interests and make lots of new friends!

Ding.. Ding.. Ding... Dong...... Dong.. Ding.. Ding.. Ding...

Students hurried through the halls of Yamamura High School as the bell for home room rang. Yukio was already seated in the front most desk near the window. On his desk lay a sketch book that he was attentively drawing on. It was an idea for a monster that he had thought up a few days ago. It was... unsightly, to say the least.

At it's core, it appeared to be a human body laying on its back draped in nothing but a loin cloth. There appeared to be an unzipped zipper lining vertically from it's stomach all the way to the chest. Out of this orifice jutted four pairs of huge spider like limbs that were large enough to suspend the body in mid air. The legs and head lay limp, making no effort to oppose gravity. The arms however, were arched up over the shoulders above the head. Large fangs dripping with venom protruded from the palms of the hands. A large, second pair of eyes could be seen on the creatures forehead and it's mouth was agape with a wicked smile from which dozens of relatively normal looking spiders were crawling out off.

As put on the finishing touches, Yukio took a moment to admire his work. The fact that his gruesome art was visible to anyone who passed by his desk was not something that crossed his mind, he was much too satisfied that he added another fine idea to his sketchbook to notice.

Yumi Izori wasn't usually one to look at really anything but her tomelike books in class but, poking her head out from above one of them she saw something... intriguing to say the least. Her eyes rounded out and she quietly watched Yukio. She wasn't usually one to talk with classmates but... well... she figured her tantalizing voice had gone unheard for long enough. A glowing white smile creeped out from the shadows of her cloak that was clearly not school regulated, as she leaned forward in the desk behind Yukio, "Hehehehe~ seems not everyone is boring in this class... no no, Akagi-san has an interesting imagination. Yes? You like monsters, yes?" She asked, her voice having a slow and crackly tone behind it. There were constant rumors as to the legitimacy of her voice actually sounding like that but no such rumors were ever confirmed or denied.

"Would you like to see some of the ones in my book? They hold... other... interesting properties. Oh I do hope Akagi-san wants to see the creatures of my book... the gods of old..." Her voice is still in a low whisper, not yet raising it in the excitement she actually has hidden underneath all of that crypticism. Her petite, pale fingers glided through her bookbag before producing a few different Lovecraftian artbooks for the boy she had assailed's amusement.

Under normal circumstances, sharing an interest in common did not require much forethought or disgression. Rather, the majority of people would consider such attempts beneficial to all individuals involved and supportive of society as a coorperative whole. Such was not the case during Sumiko's homeroom, however, which just so happened to be the time these two students had chosen to exchange such information. When she entered the room, she placed her books onto the desk and her students, pushing her glasses up with two fingers as she stood at the head of the class.

She began her class as usual, addressing her students and taking role as always, her soft and calm demeanor working alongside her reassuring presence. Sumiko's performance, however, never did come across as completely focused. She often maintained an air of aloofness, one that doubtless her students picked up on as well. As she continued to speak, however, she stepped around her desk while carrying her textbook with her and walked down between the two students who where busily speaking to each other. At first she merely stood just behind them, her words reverberating through the air while the rest of the class sat in dull silence.

Yukio's ears perked up on hearing someone address him from behind. To his surprise, it was non other than the school's infamous Yumi Izori. Yukio had already been well aware of her status as one of Yamamura's more well known students, however unlike some of the popular kids, her's was a mixed reception. Some found her mysterious and cryptic demeanor suitably charming and have tried to get to know her, however none have ever really succeed. Anyone who didn't appreciate her foreboding aura on the other hand outright abhorred her. Yukio happened to be a part of the former, he especially always liked her cool cloak that she somehow got away with wearing. He had never spoken to her before, but his characteristic outgoing attitude shown through in his response. "Oh, hey Izori-san! Thanks, I'm pretty content with my work. And yes, I'm very into monsters and the like. I'm especially fond of body horror."

"Ohhh.. You mean like Lovecraftian eldritch abominations? Yeah I'd love to see some, thanks!" He accepted one of Yumi's books and opened it up to a random page, immediately enjoying himself as he did so. It took him a moment, but eventually Yukio became aware that Sumiko was hovering above him and Yumi. Rather than realize that he was being disruptive and try to save face like any normal student would do, he was more interested in sharing his enjoyment with her. "Sumikio-sensei do you like monsters too? Yumi is showing me some of her art books, it's really cool! I'm more familiar with body horror, but eldritch horror is really cool too. It's so delightfully alien."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom