Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Green's Rose Garden (Story Seeds for Literate Gardeners - On Hold!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenbriar

Moon
Hey there friends,

It's great to have you here, and to have a chance to lay out my favourite interests, kinks and plots. I don't have as much time as I once did and it's not always at the same time of day - so that means I'm happier with longer posts coming once a day or so. Some days I can manage more, but others I may be lucky if I get online at all. My personal preference is 2-3 paragraphs (or more) depending on what's going on, but the more you give me to work with, the better my reply.

I like smut as much as the next woman, but I prefer mine firmly grounded in a longer story with complex characters. I have a lot more fun with characters I've come to care about than with cookie-cutter bodies just going through the motions - so if you like the tension to build before the first (of many) payoff(s) then please, read on!

I write in the third person (past tense) usually, and I've been both dominant and submissive at different times in my life so I can enjoy myself in either role as the story unfolds - but I'm happiest in a situation where the power dynamic can shift and flow over time rather than anyone playing a role just because it's their role - and, seriously, loads of my fantasies don't have a thing to do with the so-called D/s scene so if that's not to your taste don't be afraid to drop me a line regardless.

As I mentioned my work schedule is a little all over the place, so threads or PMs work far better for me than any kind of Messenger play. My timezone is usually Australian East Coast, but can change without much notice. Don't worry, I'll let you know if I'm going to drop off the radar for any extended periods!

I'm easing back into roleplay, so in order to help avoid over-committing to too many stories at once I'm only going to start one more at the moment, and possibly another in a couple of weeks once I'm sure that I can.

Last but not least, I like to have some OOC chatter on the side - we don't need to send each other Xmas cards or anything, but I like to get a sense of the person I'm writing with. So no international men of mystery! :cool:

Without further ado here are my story seeds, to be updated or marked off as they bloom or need to be replanted. If one of them catches your interest, please post or PM me with your pitch on how you'd like to play it and we can talk it out.

The Skycaptain's Daughter - (Steampunk / Altworld)

After her mother died, Catriona grew up aboard her father's Airship, following the trade winds as they crisscrossed the skies above Europa. Before she was twelve she'd set foot and supped in more lands than most men would in their entire lifetimes. Her first language was English tradetongue, but she learnt a smattering of the local courtesies at her father's side and could make herself understood in German, French, Italian and Arabic.

When her father died, most of his peers assumed she would belatedly seek the education of an English lady. Her family was not without mint, and the sale of the Venture would allow her to comfortably support herself for a year or two, and still afford her a small dowry. The idea that she would take her inheritance and seek to follow in his footsteps could scarce be imagined. Even her father's solicitor flinched at the idea, and only agreed to place the bill of ownership in the nineteen year old's keeping at the explicit instructions in her father's will. That, and her solemn promise to sign on a new First Mate (YC) before the Venture left London Docks.

But who would sign their name to serve under a fiery slip of a girl who called herself Captain? What would it be like serving on the so-familiar vessel with a stranger instead of her Da? It was another world up there, where sometimes anything seemed possible.

The Ballerina's Last Dance - (World War I+, F x M(older))

While most of the men (especially those of "the right sort") were away at the war, Sofia, the young daughter of one of the Tsar's noblemen was occupied both by her governess' lessons and in learning ballet to perform at the regular court theatricals. Her father and her dance instructor were both impossible to please, and after one particularly vicious tongue-lashing she fled into the garden's solitude and found a secluded glade to cry and to practice in privacy. The estate gardener (an attractive older man of the world, and the lower class) saw her there and though he was loath at first to approach her, he watched her dancing.

One day she heard that her older brother had been killed in the fighting, and as she wept in her safe and secret place her unknown audience came out to comfort and console her. They became friends, then more than friends, and she snuck out to be with her lover when she could - stealing kisses and touches if not more, both desperate to keep the secret that the very eligible daughter of the duke had given her heart to a man utterly unsuitable. She would be ruined; he would be hung. But then, the tables turned.

Revolution came to Russia, and suddenly it was very dangerous to be blue blooded. Bolshevik agents came to town to lead a purge of the Duke and his family, but the gardener got wind of it (being a respected man among local common society as well as having been poorly treated by the Duke and most of his family, he is expected to leap at the idea). Somehow they escape out in the nick of time, although their epic journey across and out of Russia to safety is dangerous, and more than once they may be forced to do things the young aristocrat had never dreamed of.

The Blind Kitsune - ((Modern Urban) Fantasy, Japanese Mythology)

According to Japanese mythology, all foxes have the ability to shapeshift into men or women. While some tales speak of kitsune using this ability to trick others - as foxes in folktales often do - other stories speak of them as faithful guardians, friends, lovers and wives. Kitsune are believed to possess superior intelligence, long life, and magical powers; though there are no records of the fox spirits in modern history, nevertheless they do exist... somewhere.

YC is going about his daily life when he meets her; a blind girl in obvious distress, it isn't until they get out of the immediate situation that you catch a glimpse of her tail and star jewel. She has some explaining to do, and lays out her people's plight and how desperately she needs help as one of the least of her kind. Is YC willing to help at once, or do they need some persuasion before they're willing to uproot their lives for a girl they've just met?

I see this as starting off exploring and introducing her to YC life, then (ideally) setting out on a dangerous/exciting adventure. Where and when she falls for YC is up to story - though if your character is stubborn enough, maybe she can't persuade them at all? Probably my most open-ended story idea up to this point.

More to come!

RE: Green's Rose Garden (Story Seeds for Literate Gardeners)

Wow guys, talk about an overwhelming response!

Thanks so much for your bouquet of ideas and suggestions. I have some thinking (and talking) to do but I think we have one potted, watered and ready to bloom.

I'm putting this thread on hold for now until I know if I can support an extra story, but hopefully we can meet again among the flower beds - soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom