Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[PTU] Pokémon: Unbound Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon: Unbound Adventures
Game Thread

Setup & Rules -- OOC -- Profiles

Episode 1: Meeting the Professor

Registration had been quick and easy: a walk to the nearest Pokécentre, filling out some license forms, and dropping it all in the mailbox. The wait for the response? Agonising at best, and downright unbearable at worst, at least for the more impatient among the younger trainers! Instead of "allow up to four weeks for a response," it should have said: "You're waiting at least four weeks. No, make that five!"

Five weeks later, however, be it by their own discovery, or by being handed it by a sibling or parent, a letter addressed to each trainer would find its' way into their hands. On the back, a fancy P. W. is visible, and inside, three simple things: a license, a letter and invitation, and for those who didn't reside in Little Root Town, a bus ticket.

The letter came from a woman by the name of Professor Willow. Her image: a green-haired older woman in a labcoat, with a red Pokémon with many arms ending in suction cups resting around her shoulders was set into the right side of the page. The letter's content meanwhile was handwritten in a cursive style, with refined and practiced precision. The invitation noted a date for a meeting at Professor Birch's lab in Little Root Town, on the first of the coming month.

'Greetings,

I wish to welcome you to the world of Pokémon, or at least, the greater world which your license will open to you. My name is Professor Willow, and this year I am handling all the new trainers seeking Pokémon in place of Professor Birch. I come from a neighbouring region and, with me, I have brought something special for you, and others who receive my letters. Please accept my apologies if you were hoping for one of Torchic, Mudkip, or Treeko, but I assure you, when you visit me in Little Root Town on the first of the following month, you will not be disappointed with what you will find.

As you know, for many, Pokémon are merely pets. For you, with this license, you can now explore many different avenues for intereacting with Pokémon. You can become a Breeder, whether for profit, or provide a friend to someone in need. You'll be able to enter into various Pokémon-centric research fields, like I have done, and Professor Birch before me, or you could go the route many others go and use them for battling. A trip around the region to take on each of the gym leaders in hopes of, perhaps, challenging the Elite Four. I look forward to speaking with you on this subject because, as a scientist, I have a nigh instatiable appetite for knowledge, and boundless curiousity. Please consider this in the weeks leading up to your visit to the lab in Little Root Town. While you have been accepted by the league as a Pokémon trainer, you will still need to make it through an interview with myself to be granted a companion.

A world of dreams and adventure awaits before you, but it will not be easy. Fame and fortune in any Pokémon field will not be handed to you--you will need to work hard for it. However, I can personally attest to it being very rewarding, and worth the time it takes to achieve whatever personal goals you have set for yourself. I cannot wait to meet an aspiring trainer like yourself in person, and it is my hope the feeling is mutual.
Signed,
Professor Willow​

It did, of course, mean even more waiting. However, this time the waiting likely was accompanied by increasing levels of excitement, curiousity, or for any of the shy amongst the trainers who received the letter, dread! The remaining time passed much more quickly, and before they knew it, the trainers were either on a bus ride heading toward Little Root Town, or counting down the days and eyeing the local labratory with interest.

Come the first, both Vika and Suri would find themselves upon the same bus leaving Oldale town--whether they realised their purpose was similar or not is anyone's guess. Few people were on the bus with them, which made sense given the small towns in this part of the region, and if either were seeking some company it would increase the chances of the two trainers running into each other. It arrives in Little Root Town at just past 10 AM, and given the invitation time was set for noon, gave them both a few hours to look around, or get better acquainted. The other two who got off he bus with them don't wait around to chat, and head off to tend to their own business, and a few moments after picking up some people the bus turns and heads out of town.

Mercy, on the other hand, would be beset by some trouble. Trouble which took the form of a little bundle of brown fur. Recently, her parents had hatched a litter of Eevee, one of which had taken quite the liking to her, and followed her almost everywhere through the house. When it came time for her to leave for the lab, she found herself with the difficult problem -- given her love of the vulpine creatures -- of deciding if she should take it with her or not. At the door she was met with big, round pleading eyes and small teeth tugging at her socks and bottoms of her pants to go with her. Though, it was only a short trip, and the lab was safe, what could go wrong?

However Vika and Suri spent their time, or how Mercy handles her trouble, eventually, all three girls find themselves at the labratory's entrance come noon. They aren't alone. In total, seven people await outside the labratory to be let inside.

One seems to be an energetic girl with oddly-coloured blue hair, and blue eyes to match. "Heyyyy! I'm Meg! Nice to meet you!" she introduces herself to each girl in-turn, as well as the others there. She wears knee-high boots, black stockings, a very small set of jean shorts, and a red-and-white top with a wide collar that leaves her shoulders uncovered, and black straps of an undershirt visible over her shoulders. Even though it is a little warm, she doesn't necessarily look like she's prepared for much adventuring.

There's also a dark-haired girl with a rather large backpack. Attached to the side of the pack is an umbrella, which she's likely not going to need for some time given the clear blue skies overhead, but at least she's more prepared--she's also more modestly dressed: in sturdy looking jeans, thick boots with laces up the front, a black top, and a light red spring jacket over that. A little wave is all she gives for the time being as she's talking with one of the males of the "group." He's got similar dark hair, dark eyes, and supports a red ball cap with a blue jacket and jeans. He also has a backpack with him, but it's resting on the floor near his feet. The final member, who stands off to the side, is much older. His face is a bit scruffy, and he has greasy-looking gelled back hair. While the first three are all around the same age as Mercy, Suri, and Vika, this man seems to have at least a decade on everyone.

He keeps to himself, and the moment the doors open and the receptionist steps out to let everyone inside--he's the first to rush in and take a seat.

"Professor Willow will be with you in a moment. She is just finalising some things on her end, then she will come and greet you before taking you to the habitats to see the Pokémon... " the glasses-wearing man says as everyone enters, trailing off and acquiring a bit of a quizical look on his face. His fingers move as though counting each person entering. "Seven people... ?" he questions, his lips moving but with no voice to the words. Shaking his head, he closes the doors once everyone is inside and goes to his desk to answer the ringing phone.

In the main lobby, there's a desk where the gray-clad receptionist sits, and lining the walls are many soft-cushioned seats. There are two main hallways leading elsewhere, and signs that point to a 'Lab' area and a 'Habitat' area, though electronically locked glass doors bar entry in both directions. The lobby is a little sparse with its decoration, supporting only a few potted plants, and little colour upon the white tiled floor and walls beyond a set of coloured strips. Red, green, and blue on one side of the double doors into the habitat area, which follow the wall down the hallway, then yellow, orange and violet on the other side. A guide of sorts, perhaps? Hard to say for sure.

Initially the wait was indeed agonizing, so close and yet so far. Five weeks just for the letter, and more time still after that, despite being able to SEE the lab every time she left her house. But she quickly found the usual distractions, lost in her computer and down helping her parents with caring for the new litter, even forgetting all about asking them for an eevee of her own. Until before she knew it the day had arrived. At first she thought to maybe dress to impress, but a second look at her wardrobe made her realize she didn’t actually have any ‘formal’ clothes. Plus, just in case their journey would begin immediately, she decided to dress in her usual blue jeans, white tanktop, and white labcoat. She had already packed up the night before, so the majority of her morning was spent tending and saying her goodbyes to the little ones. Or at least she tried. It seemed the one that had bonded with her could already tell she was going, and was making all efforts to stop her. Normally she could look at things objectively, but… it was just… so… cute!

After grabbing her pack and giving her sister a goodbye hug, she nabbed a leash for the little adoravee and took it with. Certainly no harm in bringing it down to the lab for a little while, and it would be good socialization for the lil’un. She let it walk most of the way just to get a bit of its boundless energy out, before picking it up and snuggling it in her arms. It would make for a nice attention magnet.

Though it seemed the first girl she met would be friendly anyway. She smiled and chirped out a happy, ”Pleased to meet you, Meg~ I’m Mercy.” when it was her ‘turn’, and continued to observe the outgoing girl as she moved onto the others. It was an interesting group, to be sure. She wasn’t going to approach anyone immediately, content to sit back and feel them out for now, but before they left she had every intention of seeking out a travelling companion or two. The road and vast seas promised to be a lonely place without company, not to mention cooking was far less fun by herself.

She didn’t miss the receptionist’s confusion as he ushered them in, and gave another assessing look at all the people present. Perhaps it was the older man that wasn’t meant to be here? Or had other business and was just hanging out in this group by herd psychology. Curious, but she didn’t press the issue, instead going in, sitting down, and playing with her furry friend while they waited.

There is something to be said about having a lot to focus on when at home. Time seems to go on fast. The blond girl's wait was probably not as bad as most of the other accepted, but don't doubt that it was bad. Each day she had to deal with her parents wanting her to take up their path, their ways, but she wanted none of it. Every day she got the mail just to see if her letter was there, and when it was, she was astatic. She did not make her plans known, till it was getting close to the time to go, to the dismay of pother her parents.

A big smirk on Vika's face stayed on her lips as she entered the bus, found a seat, and got ready for the trip. When Suri entered, or was already in, Vika noticed she seemed a bit different then the others in the buss, so made sure to keep a eye on her, offering her a smile, and a conversation if one is started. The whole time they went to Little Root Town, Vika could not stop thinking about Pokémon. What was she going to be getting, will she be getting anything?

Finally, they were at the town, it was drawing near the time when she would get to start her own path, away from her family. Vika pulled her bag around her shoulder, and stepped off the bus, deciding to stick around the lab, and talk to Suri if she still wanted to talk, till it was time to enter. She was one of the first inside, if she could help it, and just kinda stands off to the side as everyone else piles in.

"Vika, Vika Vasiliev." The blond offered Meg as she greeted herself, looking at her a bit oddly, she looks out at everyone... then.. she sees the eevee. She smiles, and starts over there, but stops when the man lets everyone in. She is quick to enter, but no rush like the older man in front of her. She lags behind as everyone else enters, so she can get a closer look to at the little cutie. The pokemon, not the girl... right?

Vika walks up to Mercy with a smile. "Hi, my name is Vika, Vika Vasiliev, that is a little ball of cuteness you have with you, what is it's name?" She hesitated with her hand, outstretching it a little to pet, making sure it was okay with the redhead first.

The waiting time might have been the best for Suri out of all the girls, given that while there was still impatience, it was mostly just sheer excitement for her, which seemed to infect her parents too. After the first few days of their daughter just talking about nothing but Pokémon and battles and how she will surpass them it seemed to ignite some flame in both of them again, which led to almost the entirety of the time being used to train, lecture, prepare and even have some showbattles for the aspiring, young Ace-Trainer.
Come the day of departure, and suddenly a big part of the excitement turned into nervousness.
Suri was actually shaking when she hugged her parents Goodbye....their repetitive lectures about the dangers and responsibility of trainers probably a big reason for that.

Said nervousness led to Suri being quiet throughout most of this most-exciting of days. She managed to talk a little to and befriend one of her fellow starting-out Trainers she met on the bus on the way to the lab.

Though as soon as she entered the lab she just became quiet and hid behind Vika most of the time, just giving the energetic girl who introduced herself as Meg a quiet "Nice to meet you.."
Even as Vika approached Mercy and her adorable little Eevee, Suri was still standing behind her, though with Vika giving permission, she wouldn't hesitate to also give the fluffy little Pokémon a little pet.
"Th-That's an Eevee right?"

With Vika, Suri, and Mercy gathering together as one group, the blue-haired girl, the boy with the red cap, and the overly prepared lady also form a bit of their own group. The only one who doesn't is the man--instead, he takes a seat in the far corner, and sits with his arms and legs crossed. A look of distate upon his lips as he eyes the others in the room with him.

The girls have a moment to get acquainted, and for permission over petting the Eevee to be passed before Meg suddenly speaks up -- almost loud enough to be considered shouting! "Hey! Waitaminute! Really!?"

Meg's blue eyes flick between her group, and "Mercy's group" a moment before both her hands come out, snag the boy's and the other girl's, and she all but drags them over to form one large group near the center of the room.

"Mercy, Vika, and... hey, you never told me your name! Who are you?" she begins, her eyes drifting to each person as she speaks, ending firmly upon Suri. Then, she turns to her 'group,' and motions to the dark-haired girl, "This is Caitlyn. And Kyle. We're all new trainers here, so we should get to know each other! C'mon!"

"N-Nice... to meet you... " Caitlyn says in a hushed tone, her gaze on her feet as she rubs at the top of one foot with her other.

Kyle grins with some confidence, and puts his hand forward for anyone to shake, announcing: "I guess I'm the big, strong guy that has to look out for all of-"

The 'smack' of Meg's palm hitting her forehead cuts off the last word he has to say. Kyle's hazel eyes glance over, then, he laughs nervously. "Hahaha, only joking! I mean, obviously you can take care of yourself."

"Keep it down." The man in the corner says in a deep voice that hints of annoyance.

Meg glances over, then makes a face at him before turning back to the group.

"We are being kind of loud," Caitlyn chimes in, giving a shrug.

An audible chime ('ding.... ding... ding!') sounds through the lobby, and the receptionist looks up after adjusting his glasses. "Professor Willow is on her way, that was the lunch chime. Please stand away from the doors so the others leaving for lunch won't run into you." Whether anyone actualy is in the way or not, he still provides the warning, then reaches under his desk to get out a rolled up-paper bag.

True to Science! As soon as settled in with her little companion, two girls quickly came up to say hi, and ask for pets. She smiled pleasantly and nodded, keeping a soothing hand on the lil’un so it wouldn’t panic at having someone else touch. ”Hello Vika~ My name is Mercy. Go ahead, she’s friendly. And hello here~ She is indeed an Eevee. Hatched just this month. My parents are breeders, so she doesn’t have a name yet. We let the people who buy them name them.”

Though her explanation was cut a bit short by the wave of enthusiasm that marched its way towards her. Mercy couldn’t help but smile and even giggle at the growing group’s antics, nodding to each as they were introduced and quirking a curious brow at the lone boy’s grandstanding. He was doing pretty well for himself despite standing with a big group of girls. She took a good, assessing look at all of them, trying to measure strengths and weaknesses, and whether any would be suitable travel companions. Even the irritable older man off on his own, though that seemed particularly unlikely. The shy ones caught her attention the most, however. Caitlyn and this unnamed other. For reasons she would never speak out loud.

But before they could really get the conversation going the chimes rang. It was almost time, ooooh how exciting! Seated as she was, she didn’t have to worry about anyone running into her. So it was only a matter of a short wait now. Just. A little. Longer!

Well, at least her first blunder came really early! It was only after she had already loosened up a little and fixed her attention on that adorable little fluffball of an Eevee, letting out a scandalized and uncharacterisitcally loud "You're not going to -sell- this one, are you?!" , that Meg started shouting and made her realize she had completely floundered on introducing herself.

Abashed and with her cheeks turning a bright pink, she lowers her eyes a little and hides herself behind Vika once more before letting out a quiet "I-Im Suri.."

Luckily Meg's over-enthusiasm causes the attention to quickly shift away from her again, and Suri turns her head to the source of the chime when it rings.

That flame of impatience she had been feeling all these weeks seemed to re-ignite at the notion that the professor would arrive any moment, and now she found her hands starting to shake with excitement. Only a little longer, just hold out a little longer and you are getting your first very own Pokémon!

Vika smiles happily as she gets the permission, softly petting the eevee in front of her, keeping an eye on Suri hiding behind her, making sure to not step back into her. The blond lets out a soft sigh as Meg quickly, and loudly comes back over with the rest of the group. She raises a soft, unamused, eyebrow at Kyle. "Nice to-" she hears the man tell everyone to be more quiet, and she shoots him a glare, softly changing her stance a little, showing a little more of her intimidating nature before hearing the dings, backing down a little bit more.

Making sure everyone was out of the way, the new trainer sighs softly. "Where was I?... Oh, yes. Hello Kyle, and Caitlyn, nice to meet you two." She stays calm, even though her own wants scream out for the perfessor to herry. She was getting a Pokémon... She knew she was. After all this time, not being able to have one, she is going to have one. What was it like? Was it going to be strong? Was it going to be cute? Will she need to keep it safe? What does it eat? Questions stormed her mind as she tried focusing on the eevee, petting on the little thing. "Only a little longer, huh?"

Caitlyn seems a bit more observant than the others--not just noticing Mercy's examining look, but returning it... for all of a few moments before her eyes turn down toward the floor, and she shuffles a few steps backward. Meg, on the other hand, spies the hiding Suri, and her blue eyes turn to the girl a moment even after the interruption from the man. An almost catlike smile on her lips before she too turns her attention to the Eevee. "So you're selling him?" she asks cheekily, "... Hooow much?"

"Probably more than you can afford, Meg," Kyle notes, nodding to both Suri and Vika. "You know, I think I'm going to enjoy this group and getting to know all of you." The wink that follows might be intended for someone in particular, but it's hard to say who for sure.

A minute or two after the chime, a pair of labcoat-clad people step from the main doors of the lab. The lighthaired woman with a hand partially covering her mouth as she giggles, and the man with a big grin on his face. She looks like she's about to swat him with her clipboard when she notes the people into the lobby--the lot of trainers. The man comes to a stop too, looking everyone over. Then grins, nudges the female scientist in the side, and whispers something unintelligible to her.

The woman's face immediately goes red, and there's a loud 'thwack!' as the clipboard hits him in the shoulder. She then brings it up almost entirely covering her face as she scurries toward the door, with the other man laughing for a few moments before he follows.

Footsteps coming down the hall a second time might raise excitement again. This time, however, it's just two men quietly tallking amongst themselves. They barely pay the trainers gathered there any attention whatsoever, and head outside like the first couple. Whether the first sets of false positives raised or dashed any impatience or excitement, the third set of footsteps clicking down the hallway come almost right on the heels of the second pair--which might be al little fitting, given that's what the lady of the hour is wearing.

Professor Willow looks exactly as she had in the letter. Same dark green hair, green eyes, and parted labcoat with a simple skirt and formfitting top underneath. She pauses the moment she steps into the lobby, and opens her arms in welcome. "I'm pleased you were all able to arrive safely. If you'd please follow me, we will get right to the heart of why you're here."

"TILLLERRYYYYYYY!" The long-drawn out call comes from back down the hallway, leaving Professor Willow turning on her heel and glancing back--a slight smile coming to her lips at the sight of the red, mutli-armed creature chasing after her. Awkwardly 'running' across the ground on its many tentacles, with one stretched up in the air holding a clipboard.

"Thank you, dear," Willow says as she takes the clipboard, leaving the creature to slump down and pant. "Octa.. Otca... Otca..." Willow leans over, and softly pats the top of its red head. "I had not realised you had fallen behind. I'll walk more slowly this time."

Stretching back up, it's then she notes the man in the corner. She turns her gaze toward the receptionist, and gives him a look. His answer is to shrug. Dismissing it with a shake of her head, she motions for those gathered to follow her, and heads through the other doors of the lab--the ones leading to the habitats, with coloured strips along the walls. "Suri. Mercy. Vika. Meg. Kyle. Caitlyn. Correct?"

"Yep!" Meg says, excitedly rubbing her hands together. Caitlyn just nods, and Kyle chimes in with his own confirmation.

Then the woman pauses, and turns to those who had followed her. A serious, stern look on her face.

"What kind of Pokemon do you anticipate your first to be like?"

Two shy ones. Enticing~ She stifled a giggle at Suri's surprise and nodded, answering her and Meg's question at the same time, scritching that fluffy white main to keep her calm under all the extra attention, as well as to show off her exceptional beauty. "Well certainly not cheap. The Browne name alone puts quite a pedigree on the 'lil gal. Eevees may not be the rarest of pokemon, but they're only native to Kalos, and hold a great deal of evolutionary fascination for trainers and scientists alike."

She couldn't help but notice Caitlyn's returned look. Shy, but sharp. Could be a problem, but she was never above a good challenge. But for now there were more important things! Like the Pro-...lab workers. Who clearly had a bit of lust on their minds from the reaction of the woman. Likely in reference to the one man many women makeup of their little party. No pure minds. Certainly not her own.

She wasn’t quite as anxious at the second set of footsteps. Tapering expectations. But it didn’t matter either way, as it was indeed the woman of the hour. She who held their future in her hands. Or possibly in her assistant’s tentacles, which she barely managed to stifle a giggle over. Thankfully she recomposed herself in time chirp out a little, ”That’s correct.” of her own as she began to follow. Only for the Profession to stop the procession shortly after it began.

”Hm. A modest nature would be ideal, I think. Subdued, perhaps a bit regal.” she answered when it came her turn to do so. Calculatedly in the middle, letting the outspoken ones go first and the shy ones go last.

Why did interacting with people have to be so much more difficult than interacting with Pokémon? Suri really wanted to befriend these people, make them like her, she just couldn't get herself to open her mouth.

Thus she just kept her attention mostly on the one creature in the room she wasn't afraid of, the little fluffball in Mercy's lap. Especially after that odd, almost predatory smile Meg threw at her, she just quickly turned her blushing cheeks down and hasn't taken her sight off the Eevee since, continually running her hands through and across the soft fur, trying to mostly blend out her surroundings.

The first time after a while that she does open her mouth again, she doesnt even really notice until the spurt of indignation is out "You can't just sell her!"
With her cheeks turning a bright pink again she quickly lowers her eyes, hoping that somehow no one had heard her even though a few heads turned, non-surprsingly given that she was cursed with a uncontrollably loud voice, which made dodging the attention as she wanted it quite difficult sometimes.

Finally! She lifts her head, face gleaming with excitement as the professor finally arriv- Nevermind...just some other scientists.
With a puzzled look, she follows the immature behaviour of the two, and starts chewing on her lip. Surely the Professor, in charge of giving her her very first own Pokémon, would be more professional than this?
The poor girl ends up dissapointed a second time, when again it is not the Professor she spots out of the door, but yet again two other people...

All the greater is her excitement when that trademark green hair does finally come into sight. And once more not quite in control over her impulses, Suri immediatly jumps up and dashes towards her, now standing right at the front of the group.

She too has to stifle a little giggle to the adorable red Octopus-Pokémon that appears behind the Professor, and gives the panting little thing a little wave.
Being so close, she also notices the Professors glance over to the odd man standing in the corner. So he wasn't one of the beginners here after all?
She doesn't give it much thought for now, as there are much more important things approaching!

The Professor asking their names finally makes her turn around, and only then realize she had been standing in front of everyone. Once more blushing thoroughly, she just mumbles a little "c-correct" while backing off behind Vika and Mercy.

She curiously listens to the responses of all the others to the Professors second question. When almost everyone, presumably everyone except herself and Caitlyn have responded, she finally chimes in "A good friend and companion, everything else is secondary."

Vika tried to keep herself between the shy Suri, and the energetic Meg, already noting a common theme that will happen a lot if she is around Suri. "I hear breeding can be a well paying job, if done right and the state of the outcome is above par. My parents were thinking of getting some breeders for another source of inco-" Vike jumps a little as Suri blurts out. Sighing she reaches out and scratches the eevee's chin softly. "A business is a business. That does not mean there is no love in their heart for the little ones they raise and sell."

The wink Kyle gave made the blond shift and blush a little, he couldn't be winking at her, right? Ether way, footsteps. She softly shifted in her spot, excitement getting to her, but it was just two lab, people. She shifted uneasily as she watched the girl smack the man, and run off blushing. Vika stole a glance to the man sitting down, wondering if he was going to say anything, but he didn't.

More footsteps, but nothing came of it. How long was this going to ta- Before the thought finished, there she was, and Vika smiled happily. "Yes Ma'am" Polite, like she was raised. She could not stop herself from bouncing a little, watching the octa- come running down the hall, giggling a little. 'Poor thing.' She watched it's limbs move around for a moment, blushing a bit herself before focusing on the professor.

The younge new trainer to be noticed the look the professer gave the attendent, giving a side glance to the man one last time before following everyone else. She most defently will keep a eye on him.

Being probably second to answer Professor Willow, after Meg, Vika stood up straight. "Strong, kind, maybe a little proctive, but.." Tje blond shifted a little. ""A pet, just as muc as a companion. A friend, just as much as a companion." The trainer shifted her positiong, giving Suri a unobstructed view of the professer, but blocking out the others the best she could.

"Browne?" Meg asks with an air of familiarity, but then, just as quickly shakes her head and laughs. "You talk like you belong in this lab or something, jeez. And-" The blue-haired trainer pauses, looking over Mercy as if for the first time. "... And look the part too, huh... "

Caitlyn opens her mouth to answer what Suri had blurted out -- which also made her jump -- but with Vika picking up the answer, she just remains quiet.

And once the Professor arrives, everyone shuffles off down the hallway...

* ~~ * ~~ *​

Regardless of the order Professor Willow's question is answered in, she remains rather quiet throughout until she's received all the answers. Nodding her head slowly in answer to each person, and motioning for them to continue with each pause, until it appeared they were finished. The answers of the others are rather short, and straight to the point.

Kyle wishes something unique, or different. He seems most interested in something few, or nobody, else has. The rare, even if not the most powerful. He offhandedly mentions something about seeing a strange Horsea once when he was younger, but he cuts himself off before really finishing. Meg, on the other hand, seems to be after into finding Pokémon that just look cool, or amazing, or strong. Her answer is a bit similar to Kyle's, but she doesn't seem to mind if the Pokémon is something common, as long as it looks good. Caitlyn is one of the last to answer, and her answer chimes in along the same lines as Suri and Vika--a companion, and friend. Someone who is just as willing to get as dirty as she is exploring the places nobody else is willing to go.

"I can understand the desire for companionship," Professor Willow says finally after listening to all the answers, casting her gaze and a smile down toward the Octillery next to her--who waves back with several of his tentacles. "Let's see if there are any here with me whom you become attached too in our little meeting. I can also personally attest to these Pokémon being rare, while looks... well, that's entirely subjective, but I hope you come to desire something more substantial soon."

Meg wrinkles her nose as the words, but keeps quiet.

"That, however, is an interesting answer you gave," she says as her green eyes move to Mercy. "I'm not sure you'll locate much modesty amongst these few you're about to meet, but regal... that is certainly hard to object to. And by the look of you, you're a woman after my own heart. How interesting... Now, let me cease further stalling. Please, follow."

"Octillery," the Pokémon next to her states, almost indignantly.

Willow just shakes her head with that same smile on her lips, and hands the clipboard back to her assistant to carry as she leads the group of you furthr down the hallway, offering some explanation. "Back where I come from, there is what some might consider an outdated notion that Pokémon were all once gods. And as one can expect, there were many things that came as a result of that. The only one which really survives to this day is ... how to explain this... Ah, of course. You could consider it our version of astrology. A belief that all trainers resonate with a specific type, and knowing that, one can find some common personality markers. Whatever you think of that, each year is thus dedicated to a different type--of Pokémon, of people. And a celebration comes to correspond with this. This year matches the type of Pokémon I've brought for you today... "

Professor Willow pauses at a door, and using a keycard from her pocket, she swipes it across the reader, making the glass doors slide open.

The door opens to a semi-outdoor habitat. A glass dome of sorts segments this specific part off from the rest of the open area behind the lab, where many more Pokémon can be briefly seen running between the grass, or more obviously seen standing out grazing. However, there are various openings in the dome for Pokémon to come in and out freely.

This area contains a small pond, and several trees whose leaves rustle each time a slight breeze blows through. The grass is trimmed, and neat, and a small little entrance way follows the glass doors where people can wipe off feet before re-entering the lab, hang coats, and the like.

"Ax? Aaaaax?" A little green Pokémon sits by the shore of the pond, peering into it. It stands on two legs, and both of its arms are being used to shade its face as it peers into the water. A long dark green horn extends from the top of it's head, and it has two pale-coloured tusks.

"This year is the Year of the Dragon," Professor Willow concludes finally after everyone has had a moment to take everything in, and she steps inside, waving. "Hello Axew. Why don't you come say hello to everyone? Where are the others?"

"Ew?" The green Pokémon turns, and the moment it does, a little blue tail slips up out of the water, and a moment later it coils around the little Axew's leg and tugs it into the water! It lets out a surprise "AX!" and flails about, splashing water around in surprise before... realsing the part of the pond it fell in is actually really shallow, and it can stand up without much trouble, ending up with the poor thing giving the new trainers entering after the Professor a rather bashful look.

"Inininini!" The next Pokémon almost sounds like it is giggling as its head peeks up from the deeper part of the pond. A blue serpentine Pokémon with a white underside, and two white fins on either side of its head. It pauses when it notices there are others inside now, and it tilts its head curiously at the new trainers--purple eyes taking them in. These two aren't the only Pokémon in the vicinity, however.

Under the shade of a large tree, a four-legged blue Pokémon rests, covered in thick, black fur that covers all but its legs and mouth, more or less. A black 'horn' of sorts sticks up from the top of its head, and though it lazily lifts its head to look over, it then flops it back down onto the ground, and its tongue rolls out of its mouth a little as it seems to be panting softly. In a shallow part of the water, in the shade of a tree, watching both Axew and the other Pokémon is a, well, what looks like ball of goo. Light purple, but darker on the bottom, it has a few dark green spots, and a pair of double 'ears' or horns of some kind. Bubbles burble up around the front of it sometimes, as though it's mouth is just under the water.

Octillery rather insistantly pushes the clipboard against Professor Willow just as she starts to walk inside, which she takes with some confusion, only to laugh a moment later as the multi-limbed Pokémon suddenly dashes over and jumps into the water. Splashing Axew, and the other two near the pond with it. Leaving poor Axew sputtering and shaking its head, while the blue serpent Pokémon ducks back into the water and the third Pokémon just sort of... sits there and "burbles."

"Please excuse my partner's lack of... professionalism," Willow comments about the Octillery, in jest, given the look on her face.

Mercy could only smile as Meg finally went over the right realizations, responding with a helpless shrug before they moved on. Excitement obscuring one’s own perceptions. What a fascinating phenomenon. She would have to think of a few ways to test that later. She would have also gone on to explain Suri’s concerns, but both Vika and surprisingly Caitlyn beat her to it, so she simply smiled and nodded to the explanation, giving her little companion affectionate scritches to show it was true. She didn’t seem surprised at the objection in the least. Quite the contrary, she knew exactly where Suri was coming from, probably a lot more acutely than even Suri herself did. Letting go of attachments she’d formed for these litters wasn’t easy for a kid. But it was life, and she’d learned to deal with it eventually. Even this one, as attached as they’d become this past month… she knew all along she’d have to let her go. Today, even. Well that was a sad thought.

The feeling didn’t last long, however. Holding the little fuzzball in her arms was comfort enough while her attention returned to the matter at hand, listening carefully and curiously to everyone’s answers. Companion, rare, special, pretty… most were fairly standard answers. Though hearing that Caitlyn was a down and dirty explorer gave her mixed feelings. A challenge… but she could still work with it.

All thoughts drifted away as the Professor turned her eyes towards Mercy herself, leaving her stunned and swelling with pride at what was perhaps the best compliment someone like Willow could have given. A woman after her own heart. Professor Browne… oh would that be the day…

She wouldn’t snap out of her happy stupor until they finally reached the sanctuary. She had seen this place before - really she doubted any native to Littleroot hadn’t - but what was in it this time gave her a great deal of pause, standing there blinking in growing shock at the sight laid out before her. Year of the dragon. Dragons!? It took everything to stop herself from standing there with a hanging jaw, and it wasn’t until the octillary splashed into the water that she finally snapped back into reality.

”Ah… I think… rare may be a touch of an understatement. That was a dratini… and… I don’t even know what that one is.” she remarked, still in partial shock, her gaze marking ‘that one’ as the lazy lump of black. She hadn’t done much studying into dragons, so being confronted by so many… well she wasn’t exactly prepared, but she continued to compose herself. ”You’re really giving these away?”

Pokemon, Gods? Vika blinked a little in disbelief, not quite sure how they could be gods. The blond girl listened to the professor speak, however, and did not say a word. She remembered something about a pokemon god, she did not remember to much of it at this time, however, as she follows Professor Willow into the room. The other trainers-to-be answeres were fairly simple, like her own, and that was for the best for now.

The room was expansive, and the thin girl could not keep her eyes off of, everywhere. There was water, a small pool even, trees. "wow." The words flowed out of her mouth as she could not stop looking around. There was so much in the room to take in, and all at once was a bit much.

The pokemon in the room that spoke up caught Vika's attention right away. He was a little cute, even with the odd things coming from his head. "Year of the dragon." Something inside her shivered at the words, not sure what at least, as she looked at the little guy across the way. Her back lurched as she almost rushed the poor little guy, watching him get pulled into the pond by a snake like tail. She breathed a sigh of relief when it was only shallow, and another pokemon came out. Another dragon, no doubt, but this one was beautiful in it's blues and whites.

Then she notices the two others, a little cute one with blue skin, and black fur, if they were human they would be a emmo, she thought to herself. And a blob, for lack of a better description in her head. They both must have been dragons as well. All of them are dragons. The blond remembered reading about the types of pokemon, and how strong the dragon type was, so she was a bit curious as to why dragons would be the starters, though she spoke no complaints.

Letting out a happy giggle, Vika watches the Octillery jump into the pool, giving the Professor a giggling smile. "Even professionals need a brake." She giggles a little more as she listens to Mercy. "Dritini..." The blue and white one. It was very pretty, if not a little mean to the poor axel. "I have to say that I am a little surprised that, of all things, dragons would be our starters." She wanted to go play in the water with the pokemon, and she shifted in her spot, watching them play, and relax. She shifted some more. "May I... go see them?"

Looking down at her hands, Suri found them shaking. As it had seemingly been all day already, once more she finds herself having to suppress her excitement to avoid getting attention, though by this point she had real trouble keeping herself calm. Her hand clenched into a tight fist as she walked along with the group behind the professor. Only a few more steps. A few more moments and she would get her first Pokémon!

The Professors "...Year of the Dragon." makes her gasp.
"No way.." she mutters under her breath, and quietly repeats just that to herself a few more times in the next few moments after stepping into the bright light of the open area.
Was that an Axew?! A Dratini?! Even a Deino?! And that blob-like looking Pokemon she had seen during a study session of Dragon Pokemon with her parents too. They had always stressed how most Dragon-type Pokémon were not only powerful, but also extremely hard to find...even moreso to catch.

It takes the splash of Octillery jumping into the pool for Suri to fully snap into reality again and to realize she had been standing there with her mouth open.
After a little giggle to the Professor comment, she lets her gaze wander through the area excitedly, trying to spot the remaining two Pokémon..

"Perhaps understated for Hoenn, I suppose," Professor Willow remarks as she flips one of the pages on her clipboard. "But if this sight amazes you, you may wish to one day observe a festival at my home. A dragon for every street corner, and I don't intend that as an exaggeration. Regardless. That one is Deino. Caitlyn, Kyle, Meg, Mercy, Suri, Vika, please meet Deino, Axew, Dratini, Goomy, Swablu and... Oh dear." A frown crosses the woman's face, and she purses her lips, though looks up at Mercy's question. "Yes, I am. They all came with me seeking the same thing: new places, new people... new friends."

Willow casts a glance toward Caitlyn, Vika, and Suri at the words 'new friends,' and pushes away her frown. Then nods to Vika's question. "Of course you may, that was the intent. As was your surprise... " The woman takes a step toward the group, reaches out, and with a single finger pushes on the bottom of Kyle's chin to close his gaping mouth. Which snaps him out of his gawking stare, and the somewhat bashful look on his face leaves Meg laughing. "Trying to catch Beautifly there, Kyle?" she teases, making Kyle huff. "Quiet, you." Mind, a moment ago, Meg had been gawking in a much similar manner, it just seemed to have went unnoticed. Suri could easily have been chosen too, for that matter.

Caitlyn remains as silent as the other similarly-shy girl, however, merely staring wide-eyed with excitement twinkling in her eyes. Professor Willow turns from the group to wave to Octillery. "Would you please assist these young trainers with introductions, dear? I've the need to step away for a moment." And then, as she turns back to the group with her. "Don't mind my absence, feel free to fan out and become acquainted. I've discovered a slight error that needs correcting, I shouldn't be long."

"Meg's hair?" Kyle questions, followed by an 'oof!' as Meg rather unashamedly leans in and gives Kyle a bit of a shove.

"Th-thank you," Caitlyn says quietly before stepping aside, waiting for the Professor to leave, though neither Kyle nor Meg need further prompting as they both start through the room. In the same direction, toward the dark blue and black creature resting in the shade. Which leaves the two giving each other a look--silently trying to ward the other off, maybe. Hard to say

Willow raises an eyebrow at the interaction between Meg and Kyle, but refrains from commenting, merely giving the pair a curious look before casting her gaze toward Mercy a moment. "Regardless, if there are no further questions... ?" If there isn't any, Willow doesn't linger long and leaves all the trainers in the room with the Pokemon. If there are, she pauses long enough to answer them, and any follow-ups, but either way, she does eventually leave the room, leaving everyone free to explore, and look around.

Kyle and Meg are already half-way toward the Deino. Axew has managed to get itself out of the water, and is now shaking off the water on the shore while mumbling under its breath. Dratini also resurfaces near the shore, looking toward the group of strange people in the room right next to Axew. And the Goomy... well, the Goomy just 'blurbles' some more and sits in the water, while a little spit bubble starts to form, growing bigger, then smaller, as it breathes. Caitlyn shuffles around the edges of the room, looking around, probably for the other two Pokemon as Suri is, though Suri certainlly finds one of them first.

Which begins as a sudden weight on the top of her head. Not terribly much, mind -- a few pounds at best -- but nevertheless. If she peers up, all she would see would be what looks like a fluffy white cloud. However, for anyone who lingered nearby, or happens to look in her direction, they would find a round, blue avian-like Pokemon perched atop Suri's head. It appears to just be... a head, with no discernable neck or other features beyond it's wings, which appear similar to fluffy, white clouds. Two blue feathers poke up off the top of its head, and it has short blue tailfeathers. It doesn't appear like it has any intent on moving for the time being, lest Suri do something to try and move it!

The little scientist-to-be tilted her head at the response. A grand dragon festival huh? Well, these were such reasons as she chose to explore the world rather than settle down into a more stable profession. It sounded very exciting. And perhaps they would, some day. But Hoenn was most likely to come first. She might have said as much, but quickly got distracted by what came next. The others might not have noticed it, but Mercy's analytical mind caught on the moment that ellipses entered the air. There was a swablu here she hadn’t seen, which prompted her to lift her head up and search the air and nearby trees, but that was still only five pokemon… and six trainers. Of course, her searching let her see - likely first - the little puffball floating down towards Suri’s head, but she didn’t say anything about it. T’would be a fun surprise to watch.

She couldn’t help but giggle a little at the teasing. Surely they’d all been struck with awe, but pointing it out like that, Meg’s comments or not, did a lot to dispel the nervous air and lift spirits back to excitement. Somewhat, anyway. She couldn’t really describe her mood, which was very uncommon for the normally logic-driven youth, and for once she stayed silent while watching the others do their respective things, her soft smile tinged with something like disappointment or sadness, but not quite. She let out a slight sigh and brought her little companion up to kiss her fuzzy brown head, the eevee in turn sensing her turmoil and twisting a little to rapid-fire lick her chin. This of course brought quite the girly, giggling squeal from her lips, and by the time she had calmed her companion and brought her back to be nestled between crossed arms and squishy cleavage, whatever seemed to be troubling her had melted away entirely.

Thus it was that she turned a more genuine smile to Willow when she discovered that the last question was clearly addressed to her, and with eyes of understanding, and perhaps self-sacrifice, she shook her head. The look told her Willow already knew she would be the one to sacrifice a potential dragon companion so the others could be happy, so it didn’t need to be said. Besides, if she really thought about it, what she wanted more than anything was already in her arms. Well… if only the little gal wasn’t so young. It made her realize that in her excitement she had completely forgotten to ask her parents for an eevee of her own. Considering how she’d addressed her letter, it was hardly a surprise there was an error. What was more surprising was the fact that Willow hadn’t assumed the eevee she’d brought with her was the one she’d mentioned in her letter. Still, she could wait until the Professor got back to address those things. For now she simply stepped off to the side, found a nice comfy patch of grass to sit down in, and simply watch the other trainers-to-be interact. It would be fascinating to see the first kindles of a bond form for the first time. This was as great a time to study as any.

Given that Suri had already been curiously scanning the area, Mercy doesn't remain the only one to notice Professor Willow mentioning a Pokémon that hadn't made itself apparent yet.
A Swablu! Happy to leave the rest of the group be, bantering and fooling around, and not noticing the Professor accouncing her departure either, for now at least, Suri's search turns even more thorough as her mind wanders off to her fathers Altaria.

She hadn't been around it too much as her dad, overzealous as he was in his younger years, had trained the Altaria fiercely and strictly, leaving it somewhat cold and mean spirited, more annoyed by new acquaintances than anything else. Nevertheless, young Suri had still squealed in excitement when spotting the beautiful Pokémon with it's large, cloudy wings, into which she of course instinctively leaped.
That meet ended with her almost giving herself a concussion from hitting her head on the floor, and the Altaria to huff at her, as if offended. There were only a few meets after that, though one she would never forget: Only a single time, she was allowed to ride Altaria through the air. Her dad made sure they were never more than a few feet off the ground, but for the young girl it was still an incredible experience. Way more intense than any rollercoaster or tauros-rodeo.
Suri had had a passion for the species ever since, always planning to make one of her first trips as a trainer to Route 41 near meteor falls, where she heard Swablu's would sometimes have nests.
Never had she dreamed she'd be lucky enough to meet one of, if not her favorite Pokémon, this early on, before her journey even started!

Mercy did however remain the only one to spot the Swablu making its way towards Suri. Or at least Suri herself didn't notice. In her excited search, she seemed to look everywhere but right above herself. At least until she is surprised by a sudden weight on her head.
She goes a little cross-eyed to look upwards at her audacious assailant, only for her to squee out high-pitchedly at the sight of a mix of blue and cloudy.
In her surprise and elation, the clumsy girl actually topples over backwards, landing roughly in the soft grass, though eyes still fixed on the adorable, cloudy little Pokémon "Oh my god!"

Vika's brown eyes were wide, and she softly shifted in her spot. If anyone thought she was only cold, the softer side of her could be seen now as a soft smile showed, and it only grew and grew. She felt like a small child allowed to get anything she wanted, and right now, she could. "A dragon festival sounds amazing." The girl gives out a soft giggle as poor Kyle is targeted by the professor.

The brown eyes of the new trainer suddenly become sharp. To many people are acting like something is wrong. Her mouth opens, but she shuts it. If there is something wrong, best to leave it to the people who know what they are doing. She allows her eyes to soften before looking to the professor, and smiling. "No questions from me."

Vika looks around, looking for Suri, wanting to ask her if she would like some help with going to any of the dragons, but notices her a little off, opening her mouth to call out to her. Then she notices the bird like pokemon, and the girl falling over. She would have went to her if she wasn't giggling on the ground, and the blond just softly smiles at her. She looks to Mercy who was just standing there playing with her eevee on the ground, observing no doubt. So she was on her own for now. That did not bother her, she was used to being alone, but soon she would not be. Her heart raced as she looked to the two pokemon by the pond, she was going to get a friend.

Stealing herself she walks over to the pond, being careful the whole way, not wanting to spook the little dragons. She giggles softly to the axew trying to dry off, and watches the dritini, wondering if they will be doing any other tricks. Vika has never talked to a pokemon. She had no clue what she was doing. "Hey there, my name is Vika." Her hands were trembling a little bit as she softly got on her knees by the edge of the pool, so she could see both the axew and the dritini. The axew as cute, and the dritini pretty. The goomy was silly, but the Deino looked a little dark for her. If she had to choose, it would be one of the two she was talking to. "I feel a little silly..." She sighs softly, trying to calm her hands.

Caitlyn presses her lips thin when her eyes fall upon Mercy, opening her mouth as though to speak... but there are no words to give voice. With a perplexed smile she slips off, at least until, like Meg and Kyle, her attention is caught by something else.

Between the squee, and the sound of the girl hitting the ground, several eyes turn in her direction. If she would care to notice -- most of the Pokemon in the pond (sans Goomy), and at least three of the trainers would be just... staring at her. "... Are... are you okay?" Caitlyn asks hesitantly, her voice on the quiet side.

The Swablu, meanwhile, hops up off of Suri as she upends herself. Its cloudlike wings stretched out as it gently glides down, and lands onto her belly. One little hop later, it spins around to look up at her. Then, hop, hop, hop, right up until it is standing upon her chest, and staring at her. And then, without warning, it suddenly leans forward, and drops its little white beak down to peck her chin!

"Oh, she's fine," Meg calls dismissively, waving her hand in Suri's direction, and turning back to Kyle. "But this one is totally mine, Kyle!"

"What? No way, there's no way you could handle him," Kyle retorts, the two having a little bit of a back and forth. Axew and Dratini soon look in the bickering pair's direction before Vika's approach, making them both turn wide-eyed stares upon her.

"Aaaaaax!" the little Axew exclaims, waving a little arm at Vika. It 'waddles' toward her some, while the Dratini dips back down into the water a little. Axew, perhaps noticing the shaking hands, makes its way right up to Vika nad grabs one of her hands with both of its own, 'shaking it' as one would in a proper introduction.

"I think he likes you," Caitlyn comments quietly, crouching down on another side of the pond, next to the Goomy. She lifts her head to look over at Mercy on her own for a moment, then back down to Goomy, where upon she reaches out to touch it... catching a trail of goo from her finger as she pulls it back. Instead of making a face though, the girl just giggles. "You're... gooey... !"

Goomy answers with a 'blub.'

Kyle and Meg's bickering soon comes to a head, and a bit of an overdramatic fashion Meg shoves her hand into her shorts and takes out a coin. She holds it up to Kyle. "Ok, we're flipping for it! Heads or tails?"

"What? That's dumb... " Kyle scoffs, kicking the dirt. This, or the bickering itself, finally catches the attention of the poor trying-to-sleep Deino. It opens one eye and peers at the two trainers.

"You just know you're gonna lose," Meg taunts, crossing her arms. Kyle scoffs again, crossing his own arms. "Heads." And with that, Meg immediately sends the coin spiralling into the air, catches it with a swipe of her hand, and slaps it down into the palm of her opposite hand.

"... Come onnn.... !" Kyle groans as Meg reveals the coin--from her estatic look, and Kyle's own disheartened one, it's clear it is tails. "Yesss! He's all mine!" Meg cheers, hopping up a little, "That's what you get for making fun of my--hey, wait, what are you--!"

Deino has since gotten up, and started toward Meg--pushing her back. She tries to step away, but it just leans over and nabs her shorts in its mouth. Her hands immediately drop to her waistband, forced to backpedal awkwardly as it drags her through the room. Both struggling to get her shorts loose, and keep them from getting tugged -down- by the shorter Pokemon! "Hey! Leggo! Stop that! You're supposed to listen to me!" Meg objects wholeheartedly, her blue eyes widening when she sees the Deino's intended destination. Which everyone else might have noticed sooner given the Deino made a beeline straight for the pond. The moment it reaches the edge, Dratini ducks back under the water, and Deino puls its head back then 'throws' it, and Meg forward, while also half-tackling with her its body.

SPLOOSH!​

Meg is sent sprawling out back-first into the pond, splashing into it loudly and catching Caitlyn, Vika, Axew, and Goomy with the splash. The surprised girl sits there a moment--sputtering. Flat on her rear, from just below her chest-down is submerged in the water. The tops of her knees poke out of the water from her bent legs, and both her hands are presently submerged behind her back as she kept herself from falling backwards. Water pours down her face and through her damp hair, and her white shirt -rapidly- changes from white, to semi-transparent, revealing the skin underneath... as well as, fortunately or unfortunately pending your view, her dark blue bra underneath. Caitlyn and Kyle both immediately burst into fits of laughter. Axew, however... it looks less happy. It sputters again and huffs, turning from Vika. It marches over to the water, and immediately splashes Meg, soaking her shirt further.

For the moment, the stunned Meg doesn't know what to say or do about sitting in a waist-deep part of the pond, and getting splashed at by a somewhat miffed Axew! Dratini pokes its head back up a moment later, close to the shore, and Vika, but it is looking toward Meg.

Professor Willow's research assistant also finally resurfaces as well, thanks to the disturbance. "Octillery?" it asks, looking around confused. It looks to Suri, with Swablu, Vika, Caitlyn, and Meg near the Pokemon near the pond, and Kyle by Deino, then spies Mercy on her own with the Eevee. Perhaps it has a liking for ladies in labcoats, but it 'puffs up' a little at that sight, and works its way out of the pond, and over to the lone girl--attempting to grab one of her wrists with a tentacle full of sunction-cups and tug her over to join the others. "Tillery!"

And it was even more fun than she'd thought, forcing the little scientist to stifle a giggle at Suri's surprised, delighted squeal. Not the most graceful person in the world, but it looked like she was okay so Mercy didn't get up to help. Let the interaction play out naturally. Pecking and all. All the interactions were quite fascinating. From the outgoing axew and swablu, the shy dratini, the mostly unresponsive goomy, to finally the sleepy, indignant deino. Though she did go a little wide-eyed as Meg splashed down into the water, she wasn't actually surprised by that result. Dragons were proud creatures after all. To call it "mine" was likely the thing it hadn't taken to kindly. Nor the axew for that matter it seems. Her wry smile showed she didn't hold much sympathy for the poor girl, though lust on the other hand... what an interesting day this was turning out to be.

Caitlyn's glances and almost-comments did not escape Mercy's notice, but she didn't press the issue. Though when Octillery showed the same concern she had far less room to ignore it, quickly finding her wrist grabbed and held firm with the suction cups, and forced to stumble forward and scramble after the little thing, scooping up her eevee in her free arm to make sure the little gal was safe. "Wha-? H-hey it isn't what you think... you were underwater when we... a-and the Professor with the... nnh... Okay okay, I'll come say hi!"

With her attention still completely stolen but the adorable little fluffball ontop of her, Suri still doesn't seem to notice the rest of the group, thus she also doesn't hear Caitlyns way too quiet question.

She had moved to get up with a giggle, though only laid back down when Swablu landed on her belly, grinning at it and already moving a hand in to pet its head, when it suddenly hops across her, and she's met with cute little pecks.

Squirming under a gigglefit, she shakes her head from side to side a little, eyes closed and nose scrunched up, until she finally gets a gentle grip on the Pokémons sides, carefully lifting it up, the grin on her face just seeming to grow even wider as she finally gets a proper look at the little thing.
"Okay okay! I think you're cute too!" still chuckling to herself, she lifts her head and brings the Swablu down at the same time, to plant a little kiss right above its beak, between its eyes. "There, now we're even~!"

Vika smiled as the little axew came and shook her hand. It even brought a giggle from the girl. Smiling to Caitlyn she nods. "Maybe, but maybe everyone here too." Yes, might be better if one of the more shy trainers can get axew, through it seems Caitlyn has found interest in the little one there, and the other two are fighting over that dark one. Suri had the little fluffball, and even Caitlyn's eevee was a fluffball. The only one not getting attention was Dratini. She did not understand why, it was a beautiful 'little' pokemon. The blond wondered how long the serpent like pokemon was.

Hearing the argument, the trainer looks up with narrowed eyes. "You have got to be kidding me..." The girl lets out a sigh, a coin flip, to determine a partner. Her mouth opened to yell out at the two, but she did not need to, the dragon had the girl by the shorts, which unfortunately did not fall, and pushed her into the water. Vika's eyes widened, but she could not get away fast enough, and got splashed by water. Thankfully she was wearing blue today, but thankfully, Meg did not. She smirked at the bra under the white shirt. "Cute." Smiling to the girl, she starts laughing herself when the little axew goes and splashes the submerged girl.

Smiling, the new trainer leans over the edge of the water slightly, and whispers to the dratini. "Are you going to let axew out splash you?" She softly reaches out to give the snake-like pokemon a soft stroke before looking over to the two girls she liked the most. Suri was having fun with her little birdy, good for her, and even Caitlyn was being pulled over by the octillery.

Caitlyn smiles and gives a slight wave to Mercy as the poor girl is tugged over to the pond with the others. The Octillery only stops once the scientist-to-be is in the general vicinity of the others, then releases her wrist, turns to her, and huffs in a breath. "Tillery, oct, octi, octillery," it tells her, as though lecturing, then it points to the others -- all at the same time thanks to its many tentacles -- and nods decisively.

Suri, meanwhile, quite literally has her hands full with her adorable blue friend. "Blu," it answers her, kicking its little feet in the air and seemingly trying to peck her once or twice more before realising it couldn't quite reach, so it just squirms in her hands. The kiss leaves it fluttering its wings some, and eyeing Suri closely.

"Tini!" Dratini exclaims at Vika's touch, and it momentarily drops right back into the water, seemingly caught by surprise. However, a moment later the two fins and the top of its blue head poke up, then, its eyes, staring at her. It lets out a garbled noise from the water. Even still, it had been smooth to the touch, and damp, like one might expect.

"It must not be used to people yet," Caitlyn comments to Vika, while meanwhile, Meg finally comes to her senses.

"Hey, quit splashing me!" Meg exclaims to the Axew, who only makes it start splashing her more rapidly--pinwheeling both arms to unleash a torrent of water, but given the general recklessness of it, it ends up splashing anyone near too! Meg makes a face, calls "Fine then!" and immediately sweeps her arm through the water to send a wave right back at it. Axew squeaks and tries to scramble out of the way but is doused again, and left grumbling, sputtering, and stomping its feet. Meg just sticks out her tongue. Kyle, meanwhile, is just crouching down near Deino, who returned to its spot to rest some more, and though he has a big grin on his face, for the moment, he isn't doing anything... until a sudden noise makes his head whip around.

WHUMP! WHUMP! WHUMP!

Three dull thuds, and a moment later, the very ground seems to shake, and the glass doors to the room rattle. It almost sounded like... an explosion! The lights in the hallway flicker, then die, then a second later the whole hall is cast in red emergency lighting. Meg and Axew's little splash war comes to an abrupt end, Caitlyn glances over, and it even startles Swablu, leaving it flapping and kicking to try and slip away from Suri--it likely spooks the young Eevee in Mercy's hands too.

Footfalls of heavy boots are heard before they're seen--about three men dash passed the glass door heading from the opposite direction of the lobby, toward it. A fourth steps in front of the glass, pauses, then peers in. Immediately he waves to the others. "In here! Told you!" Black pants, black sleeved shirt, and a black mask is the identcal attire worn by all the men, and also shared amongst them is an odd... weapon of some sort. Which the man in front of the glass door uses the back of to smash it to bits with a loud crash! His boots crunch over the shards as he steps inside, as do the others with him, in the end it appears there are five.

In all, the likely stunned trainers only have about 10 or 20 seconds to react to the men entering. And a few more seconds to the sight of each man raising one of those 'cannon' like weapons they hold--long silver tubes with a visible loading bay of sorts for cartridges on the far end, a small grip, and a trigger.

'Fwoom! Fwoom! FwoFwoom! ... Fwoom!'

A compressed-air like discharge noise sends several 'globs' of an offwhite substance hurling through the air toward five of the trainers in the room--glue guns. Most shots are aimed low, and a hit would see the glue splattering legs, and making them stick together, making it exceeding hard to walk!

... Except for poor Meg, who gets nailed right in the face. The force makes her splash back into the water, and her hands dunk under to join it--her legs kicking, flailing in the air, splashing in the water. Caitlyn squeaks as she's hit in the side from her crouched position, and tumbles over onto the grass, one of her legs awkwardly bent and pinned against one of her arm. "AH! HELP!"

Boom. AC8 status attack vs. each of you. On hit, you are slowed (movement halved). A second hit when you are slowed means you are stuck and trapped!
Mercy -- 10
Vika -- 9
Suri -- 3
As 3 is less than the base of 8, Suri is automatically missed. If 8 plus your speed evasion exceeds the roll against you (so 10 for Vika, 11 for Mercy), you are missed as well.

As a DM, I like making rolls in the open. That said, I think this site I quickly found tonight should do for a good online roller. I'll send you all a PM with a link to the room.

Initiatve~~We'll say it's you then them for sake of ease here, and cause I found that works well in play-by-post. So it is your turn, post in any order.

Commands~~These Pokemon aren't officially yours yet, but you may now take the reigns. They are at Loyalty 1, which means it'll take a DC8 command check to order them (I believe you all have at least 2d6 last I checked). After this scene, they will go to Loyalty 3 (I think it is), the usual 'starter default' and no commands will be needed thereafter. Selini doesn't technically have a starter here, so she may command Octillery (or her Eevee, but I don't think Mercy would ask the youngin' to help). Granted, this all assumes you're gonna fight. If you're gonna try to talk it out, feel free to make the appropriate rolls. If you miss the command check, you can still have your character call commands and such (well they'd have to :p) just don't post the Pokemon's actions. And FWIW, Meg, Caitlyn, and Kyle will be making these checks also.

Selini, Octillery knows Constrict, Water Gun, and Octazooka. For this, just use the base damage rolls.

Questions~~Ask each other, or poke me in the OOC thread (linked in the first post) given the lack of easy way to contact me right now given technology showing me how much it loves me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom