Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Starcrossed lovers....(Broken Knight and Candira)

Candira

Singularity
Julia had never placed so much importance on looking beautiful. She mostly just groomed herself like most people, looking more plain when she didn't need to be in the public eye. To most people, however, plain Julia was still plain beautiful. Many men wished to have her, a thing her father liked to brag about. Her chestnut hair had a bit of red in it, the sunlight setting it on fire as she passed. It hung from her shoulders, tonight, perfectly combed out so that it hung from her lovely face. Her whiskey-colored eyes glinted in the moonlight as she waited for the man she'd loved with all her heart...but not her body. Her skin was pale in the moonlight and she wore her finest gown, though tomorrow she would be packed away in a couch as a bride.

Julia pulled on the sleeve of her green, silk gown. Her curves were lovely, and that could be seen beneath this particular dress. It hugged her in just the right places, showing off breasts that were perfectly sized for her body and a slim figure. The silk clung to her long, shapely legs as she moved as well, the material looking wonderful on her. It was a shame that she looked so sad. Tonight, she was to say good bye to her beloved, and she would likely never see him again.

It wasn't like he'd intended to be late. It just sort of happened that way. They were supposed to meet, same place, same usual time. But, he'd been delayed. Alex had been called off, orders from above, he was told. Orders. They never meant anything good for a soldier like him... Regardless of his little meeting, he had to rush to see her. He knew the bad news that he'd have to tell her, and how it could very well be the last time that they would meet like this. They'd meet every Monday and Saturday of each week, same time, almost sunrise. They spent but a few minutes together, enough time to pass words, maybe a parting kiss, and never more. But that never swayed the feelings that he felt each time he was there.

When he saw her for the first moment, he stopped in pause. For a moment, her beauty took him aback. He stood there, gazing upon her for a second, refreshing his memory to her form, her figure, anew once more. Slowly approaching her, he was in full military dress, the such that soldiers wore the day they were leaving for battle.

"Julia." He says softly, slowly approaching her, his brown eyes reproachful, not wanting to utter truths that he knew would leave them both hurt. "Julia..." He says softly again, putting his hand on her hip from behind, a soft, gentle caress that one of only an intimate nature could possess.

Hearing her name called like that did something to her. She closed her eyes for a moment, not wanting to turn around for fear that she might be overcome and start to cry. He said her name again, his hand gently coming to her hip as he came to her instead. She blinked back her sadness and turned to face him, surprised to find him in his armor. Confused, she put a hand to his face, fingers lightly caressing his cheek before she gave in and put her arms around him, needing the comfort of his embrace.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come for me," she said quietly. She didn't want to tell him what she'd come to tell him. It was too sad--too horrible. But that just made it more important to tell him, and it didn't change the fact that it was true or make it any less real. "I have some....sad news," Julia tried, knowing that it sounded far less serious than it really was.

"Sad news?" Alex asks her, the words striking him through the heart. What could she possibly have that could be sad? Was the news that he was being deployed to the front not enough? Or... perhaps she didn't know about that, and something equally heinous had befallen her as well. For a second, he hesitated. Pulling her into his embrace, he holds her tight to him, fear striking his heart that he would never see her again. "What is it, Julia?" He asks, his voice soft, lest he speak loudly and have it break with sadness.

Twenty yards away, the man that was the causality of all of their grief watched, a smile on his face. He had become jealous of Alex. Many a times he'd tried to steal Julia's heart, but she always remained faithful to that demon, Alexander. So he'd gone, gone and told the king of their late night rendezvous, embellished it of their sexual conquests, made them out far worse than what they really were, especially since Julia was still a virgin.

Julia had hoped that he wouldn't hold her like he was, but it was too difficult to break away from him when she felt like everything was falling apart around her. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she looked up at him. "Alex...my father knows. Someone told him vicious lies about us," she said with a frown. "He's...he's giving me away to a lord in the East. I will be wed to him tomorrow evening." Her breath caught and she held him tighter to her, as if this act could stop it now. the lump in her throat returned, burning her there. "I begged him to reconsider--I told him that it was all a lie, but he refused to believe me."

The princess stopped now to look up into his eyes, wishing that she could change her fate. What would he think of her? What would she do if he ran away from her now?

"What?!" He uttered breathlessly in response to her story. He couldn't believe that someone could do that to them. They were good to people, always kind, always giving. Why would someone do that to them?! How... How could... He had to shake his head, freeing himself of the horrid thoughts. He had a precious few moments remaining with her, and all he wanted to do is to hold her tightly against him and to smell her sweetness. It wasn't her fault, it was her bastard father's for not believing in his own daughter. Her garments clumped in his fists as he holds her tightly, he can feel his eyes wet, though not allowing himself to cry.

"I'll..." He chokes out, slowly starting to pull away from her. He had to go, as did she. If he didn't, he'd be killed and Julia would be forever cast away. "I'll come for you." He tells her in a soft whisper, hearing the horns bellowing in the distance- the army was leaving. "I'll come for you, Julia..." He tells her again, turning and rushing from her, unable to look back at her even one more time as he leaves.

Julia closed her eyes as he held her, willing herself to not cry. She looked up at him just as he started to speak the horns drowning some of his speech out. The message was clear, however. He would come for her. Yet as she saw him walk away from her, pained so much, she wondered if he would be true to his word. Would he be able to find her in time? Somehow, she doubted it. "Alex...I love you," she whispered. "I only hope you can forgive me for what I must do." Tears in her eyes, she watched his retreating form until she couldn't see him anymore. Sighing shakily, she turned to go in for the night, already sure that this would have been the last time she'd see him.

Even as he'd turned away from her, his mind was on a way to find himself back in her arms. Had they run away at that very moment, the king would've sent his own Royal Guard to hunt the two of them down, have him killed and her shipped off. Then there would be no chance. So he would bide his time. Hours became days. Days became weeks.

Weeks became months.

Months became years.

He was once eighteen, holding her in his arms, telling her that he would be back for her. Now he was twenty four, a battle weary man. He had lost his left eye, a patch over it, a long scar vertically from above his eyebrow, going under the patch and then going down to the middle of his cheek bone. Slowly, his plan was coming together, he even knew where she was, but not if she would recognize, or care about him, any longer.

Julia had held out hope that Alex would come for her--that he'd miraculously come to save her. Her wedding night had been the single-most traumatic event since being separated from the man she'd loved so dearly. The older man who'd claimed her from her father had been kind to her, never pressuring her again since that night, though it was clear that he was disappointed. As luck would have it, the old man had been pronounced impotent after having tried to impregnate two very healthy women, so Julia never had to worry about that consequence, though she always feared some "miracle" happening.

She'd waited for six years with no word of him. He'd never come. It broke her heart each time she thought of it, but she tried her best to forget him. She did the best she could to be a good princess in a new place, but she felt hollow. Nothing was ever the same.

Julia had given up on the idea that he was even alive. The lord she'd married, however, thought that it might be good for her to see her father again, so he had arranged for a coach to take her home. She'd agreed obediently and packed a small trunk to take with her--a few valuable necklaces and bracelets as well as her nicer gowns. Her father was dead to her, and she hadn't wanted to go, but staying home was worse than being locked away. So, she went.

She was traveling between the two places, looking out the coach at the sky. "Why did it have to be this way?"

She could hear it at first. A fight. Not just any fight, but a complete battle brawling just outside of her carriage and out of her sight. It had started with a loud thump and the head of an arrow cutting through the top of the carriage, where it had pierced her driver with such a force that the arrow had gone through him and stopped mid way into the carriage. Outcries and shouts came after that, and for what would seem like a long while, the clash of blades, the cries of men dying, and the sheer cruelty that comes with a man killing another man within such a close proximity of one another.

After a long time had past, the shouting and fighting had stopped, she could hear the heavy footsteps of a man. He had two plans. If she recognized him, he'd sweep her off of her feet, take her away and hide. Hide as best they could until the inevitable and they were forced to fight for their freedom, the armies of her father's kingdom, Ivfayle (Ive Fay le) and her husband's kingdom, Croaine (Cro Ai ne). He had one distinct advantage. They were at war with a neighboring kindgom, Avarice. He'd killed one of their men and taken his armor. A long, flowing green cape, polished and shining iron armor with red cloth holding it together. A red lion upon his chest, he wore no helm. With a large scar over his left eye, the eye now defunct, wearing a patch over it, carrying a long steel, single edge long sword, he was a menacing sight to behold, the fear of God in any man who stood before him with hate in his heart and blade in his hand.

Going to the carriage, his bloodied hand reached forward, slowly tugging it open. His one blue eye looked in upon her. She was just as beautiful as the day he'd met her, the day he'd fallen in love with her. His heart leaps at the sight of her. He wanted to take her into his arms, embrace her as he had the last morning he'd seen her, hold her tight. But, he wasn't the same soft man, and he certainly didn't look the part. He couldn't act upon every instinct in which his body told him was absolutely right. For what seemed like an eternity, he stood there and looked at her. In reality, but a couple seconds had past before he found himself. All he could utter was one word from his raspy, worn voice.

"...Julia."

Julia screamed as the arrow pierced through the carriage. She curled up into the seat, hugging her knees to her chest, knowing better than to leave the carriage with the sound of melee all around her. She closed her eyes and waited for it to stop. It seemed like an eternity before the ruckus stopped and the door was wrenched open. She screamed again, sitting up straight in her long gown, a hand pressed to her chest. "Wh-what do you want?" She asked, tears spilling down her cheeks. He didn't look like anyone she....

He looked familiar now that she could see him. The fact that he called her by her name without a title said something about him as well. He must have known her. He looked so torn by battle, so vicious, but somehow softer when he looked at her, his gaze staying on her for the longest time. She stared back at him for a long, awkward moment. Finally, she covered her mouth, her eyes widening in shock at the realization of who was standing before her.

"Alex?"

His name. So long since he'd heard it spoken on such a sweet voice. It took his breath away for a moment. If the man could still cry, he might've in that moment. Letting out an exasperated, exhausted sigh, he laughs softly. "Yes." He says softly to her. "Yes, Julia." Looking at her, he gives a little smile. Looking at her, he extends his hand to her, for her to take.

"It has been ages, my love, my Julia. But that doesn't mean we can take even but a moment to ourselves. We must be quick, we must move with haste. You were stolen by bandits today, at least, my hope is that your father will believe such a tale when there is no one left alive to state otherwise." He'd made his work of the guards, not leaving a single one of her royal guard alive. They were littered around her carriage in such a way that he made it look like several bandits had killed them, not one man.

"Please, Julia. Let us take leave of this place, of this hell, to our own paradise as we should so many years ago..." He says, looking at her, hope in his heart.

More tears spilled from her eyes. "Am I dreaming?" she asked, her breathing more ragged now than ever before. She reached out and took his hand, feeling how solid it was. Her beloved....he really came for her. Alex was here. He loved her after all. He hadn't forgotten. She nodded and came to him, wrapping her arms around him. "Anything for you, my Alex. I've waited so long for you to come to me. I couldn't possibly refuse your offer to save me now." She smiled through her tears and held him tightly for a moment. "Guide me, and I will follow."

He knew he would kill many a man to take her away. And he was perfectly fine with that outcome. He was willing to risk his soul for a lifetime with her, for he needed nothing more. As she takes his hand, he guides her out of the carriage. He takes her, walking into the forest in a manner that would seem as though he were moving blindly. Alex knew the area well, he'd scouted it several times days prior, knowing the day of her passing through. So, he walked into what would seem the deepest part of the forest, taking her to what should feel like, they shouldn't be going. But he had his longsword at his side and his bow on his back, and for that, they would be safe.

Julia held his hand tightly in hers, afraid to let go of it for a number of reasons, chief among them being that if she let go now, she thought she would wake up from a dream, much like the way she used to in the early days of her disastrous marriage. Her reasoning was soon lost, however as she was lead into the deepest, most forbidden part of the forest. It felt strange, even wrong to intrude on the tranquility here. Still not hearing his voice after so long made her wonder if he had really come back to her because he loved her. So long without a word, not that she could have expected to receive any letters he would or could have written. No, she would not doubt his love. He'd slain her entire guard to be with her, and probably deserted her father's forces. He hadn't forgotten her--he was just focused on finding their way through the forest, and she could see why. It was so very dark and frightening. Her grip on his hand loosened a bit as she stumbled over a stone, faltering a bit. "Ouch."

When she stumbles and utters her pain past her lips, he turns to her, quickly catching her in his arms. With her pressed against his chest, his hands on her hips, he looks down at her, embracing her as he did years ago. Although he didn't look quite as much as he may have used to, his tender touch hadn't changed a bit. She would be able to tell that, because his touch remained so natural, he'd not taken another female, even to comfort the male needs that each man has.

"Are you alright, Julia?" He says softly, looking down at her, worry in his voice. "We've been moving for quite some time. Let us take a rest, it'll do the both of us some good." Alex tells her, guiding her. After a few minutes, he'd taken her to a small lake, shimmering and so clear that she could see the few gold fish in it.

Julia stayed in his arms for as long as she could, looking up into his face. She felt young again as he held her. It was as though he hadn't changed at all. She saw his face and knew that that wasn't true, but it seemed as though his feelings for her had stayed the same, something she was very glad of. She closed her eyes for a moment as he held her and looked back up at him while he asked if she was alright. The worry in his voice made her heart melt a bit. "I'll be alright, but rest does sound like a good idea."

The princess let him lead her to a beautiful lake and she smiled at the sight of it, and the goldfish who swam in it. "It's so beautiful here." She sat on a large boulder and made room for him to sit with her. "Alex...I'm so happy to see you again. I wasn't sure if I ever would."

He walks her over to the beach, finally letting her go. "It's a shame we cannot stay, Julia." He says, looking over at her with a bittersweet smile. "I want to make you happy, give you a good life. But we've got a long journey, Julia." Alex says, his eyes already looking exhausted. Just behind the tired in his eyes from the lengths that he'd gone to in order to get back to her, she could see hope. Hope in that they would be free to grow old together.

Stripping off the outer layers of the light armor, he got down to just a soft white cotton tunic and dark brown slacks. Stretching himself out, he sighs happily, taking a seat on the soft sand. Looking at her, he smiles. "So, was life alright while I was... on vacation?" He says, trying to keep the mood light.

She smiled at him when she saw his, but she quickly turned her head to the side so that she would lie to him. "It could have been much worse for me," she said with a sad, somewhat forced smile. "My husband has been kind and understanding to the extent he is capable of." That was true, but it also told Alex absolutely nothing. She refused to let him know how terrible it had been to go to bed with that man, to know the face behind his mask. He was understanding to a point, and he never forced her to sleep with him again, but he didn't stop pursuing her affections. She never gave him those and so he grew into fits of rage that only frightened her even more. Alex didn't need to know these things, just as she was sure she didn't need to know the details of what had happened to him, though she longed to know with all her heart. It was clear, however, that he didn't want to talk about it at the moment.

"I was sad a lot," she said, looking at him again, confident in this truth. "Because I never knew what had happened to you. I was worried every day."

Years of time in the military had taught him how to pick up on things. She wasn't looking at him, which meant whatever she was recalling, she didn't want him to know the full extent of it. The extent he was capable of... meant he forced himself upon her occasionally. He know that she loved him and would never freely give herself to another man. So this 'husband' of hers must've taken her by force. He felt sick to his stomach with the knowledge of that, and knew why she would keep that away from him.

Turning to her, he cups her cheek, bringing her eyes to look into his own. "Julia, I'm sorry..." He says softly. "I should've been a man in the past and taken you away when we were young." He was close to her, his body almost touching her own. She could feel the warmth of him radiating to her. "I'll wash away the memories of your past... with new, pleasant memories..." As he finishes, he presses a deep kiss to her lips, his chest pressing against her own.

Julia had obviously given herself away somehow, because it was clear that Alex knew what had happened--or at least had some idea. His apology made her eyes widen and his nearness had her heart racing, just like it used to when she was with him. Her mouth started to open to protest his accusation of weakness--he hadn't been weak. He hadn't had a choice. Nor had she--when he continued and promised to replace her horrible memories with new ones. He was so close that she couldn't speak, and she kissed him back.

She had forgotten how wonderful it was to kiss him. He was sweet and gentle--the kiss tender and passionate. She could feel her heart rejoicing as he pressed against her. She put her arms around him and held him close, loving the way he felt, even after so much time. "I love you, Alex," she said when they finally parted. "I'll always remember how you came back for me, and this very moment."

He smiles, looking into her eyes. Brushing the hair from her face, he softly kisses her neck. "You know..." He says to her, softly brushing his lips against hers. "You never loved the man you were with..." Alex says, giving a sly smile. "So, that makes you a virgin in a sense, doesn't it?" He asks her. He was teasing with her, wanting her to blush, make her heart race, make her swoon like he had in the years past.

"Did you ever orgasm, did he ever bend you over, did he ever..." He says, smiling playfully as he kisses her neck. "Did he ever kiss you here?" He asks, then kisses lower on her chest, where her shirt met skin. "Here?"

She closed her eyes and sighed in pleasure as his lips moved from hers to her neck and to her chest. "I suppose I am," she said softly, agreeing with him. When he started to ask her questions about how her husband had loved her, what he'd done to her, however, she shivered and opened her eyes, remembering that awful night. She had not gotten pleasure, though she'd been told to pretend by the ladies in waiting. Shaking her head she looked down at him. "I didn't and I'd really rather not think about what he did. I have you again, and I don't ever want to think of him again."

He looks up at her and smiles. Laying her on her back in the soft sand, he brushes his lips against hers. "Then only think of where my lips are, where I've dreamed of taking them for so many years..." Alex says to her. Moving down her body, he slips her shirt up, letting his kisses slowly move up her stomach. Slipping the shirt off of her body, he leans against her, letting his tongue roll over the exposed cleavage above her bra.

Never had she been handled so gently. She kissed him back before he moved to her stomach. She giggled softly as he kissed her stomach, a bit ticklish there. Once her shirt was gone, she closed her eyes and rested her head in the sand. His tongue against her skin felt so nice that she shivered and her arms wrapped around him.

Back
Top Bottom