Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Staying up late

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
How often do you stay up past 3 a.m.?

I am self-employed, so, my sleep schedule is whatever I want it to be. I often stay up until sunrise and sleep until noon. It'll probably change this fall when I open commissions again and have to be up during the day, but for now, I like to be awake when the summer heat is the weakest.

I don't have a sleeping pattern. Today I woke up at 2 pm, yesterday at 8:30 am. Some days I sleep at 4 am, and some days I fall asleep by midnight. It gets more organized when I have school/work, but now its chaotic and I love it :)

And yes I like avoiding summer mornings >,>

Last couple weeks I've been on a more normal sleeping schedule but most of this year was spent staying up anywhere between 3-6am. I don't mind it, but when it stays like that too long it can make having to readjust to a normal sleep schedule a pain. I would go to lay down and my body and brain simply would not be tired because I was normally up during that period of time.

Wow! Love your signature pic, ColorWheelY!

I love staying up late but am curtailed by the usual early-ish start work demands. That said, I can go without sleep for a long time, so I can still indulge the late nights until I start...well...hallucinating. ;)

I have a fairly strict work schedule and work anywhere from 40 to over 60 hours a week depending so my sleep schedule is "fairly" set. However I have an odd form of insomnia and when I become very tense and stressed it cranks up to 11 and I simply cannot sleep no matter how exhausted I am physically. My mind simply will not shut down.

For the most part however I only stay up past 3am when I have off work the following day and do not have anything super important to do. Otherwise I will not be awake past 1am granted I try to get to sleep by 11 most of the time but 1 is the furthest I will push it during the work week provided I go in at 11 and not earlier the following day.

Prior to my current job I worked nights. Go in at 3 in the afternoon and get home by 1am. I would be awake until roughly 5 or 6 am back then. I did that job for a year and couldn't take it any more. It has hard manual labor in an environment of 120 degrees not counting the humidity. XP I am SO glad I switched jobs!

It's very often for me now that I have a newborn, but before that insomnia kept me up quite a bit and being uncomfortably pregnant.

Normally, it depends on whether I'm working or not.
If I had to work the next day? Nope. I had to be up at 5 AM
If i didn't? Hell yeah.

Back
Top Bottom