Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How do you stay active?

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Sometimes a little fresh air is good for you! Sometimes getting the blood pumping can make you feel rejuvenated!

What sort of things do you do to get active? How frequently do you participate in this activity? Do you play any sports?

I like to go for walks about 2-3 times a week to the local graveyards. Hilly Pennsylvania country is a killer, so, usually 3-4 miles over the span of 2 hours does me in nicely. I also bring my tape recorder with me, since walking is boring and I often let my mind wander while my feet move of their own accord. It's the best time to explore ideas and get the juices flowing!

I have a big stretching routine I do pretty much every morning, and I swim laps three or four times a week at my college's pool. I also walk a lot.

Texas is hot as hell right now, so in the summers I do a strength and endurance training program. It's three times a week, and I love it because it uses boot camp-like activities but without it being super strict.

I love walking out during the winter months though! About 3 or 4 times a week with my dog. C:

During the school semesters, I like doing yoga because it's free on campus and it helps me wake up in the morning.

Other than that, hiking is a big thing for me! I like the hill country, desert and mountain trails. I go to local trails on the weekends, but I always visit great hiking places when I vacation to other places. C:

My work forces me to walk between five to ten miles, depending on how much of a shit show it is as we run about putting out literal fires and making sure people get home safe.

I get a lot of cardio in dragging and restraining people.

Outside of that, I like to take the shortest possible walk to the liquor store when my shift ends. :D

I usually like to go to the gym in the mornings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I run about 2.25 miles currently after my shift on the same nights.

I walk 5-6 miles a day, partly as a stress relief (I do around 3.5 miles on work breaks) and partly for health (as of right now, I've lost a little over half the 200 pounds I need to get off). I also spend half an hour working out four times a week, and I'm learning to spin and juggle staves as a build-up to fire spinning.

My iPod is my constant walking companion. As is Ingress, Zombies Run, or Pokemon Go.

I try to go to the gym several times a week, and I focus mostly on cardio at the gym.
I walk a shit ton on a regular basis, between school, my volunteer work, and my job.
I have a Fitbit and I clock in anywhere for, 10-15 thousand steps a day.
Also, yes, POKEMON GO is awesome for that reason, but only effective downtown. The suburbs SUCK for Pokemon.

I think a big part of an active lifestyle is also what you put in your body.
I recently became a pescetarian, which has really boosted my energy and fuelled my body. That's what worked for me, personally (struggle with my weight) and has really changed my life.

Now that cold weather is setting in, I find it a lot harder to stay active. Anybody else? How do you stay active during the winter? Does anybody here have a gym membership?

[size=-2]Does parkour count? Indoor and outdoor parkour. Push-ups(normal and handstand ones), sit-ups and pull-ups, two to three times everyday.[/size]

Has to be umm... The lack of a car. So I usually walk around most places and play basketball. Sucks though, sometimes it gets super hot. ^_^> Just wanted to add my two cents in

Dark Desires said:
[size=-2]Does parkour count? Indoor and outdoor parkour. Push-ups(normal and handstand ones), sit-ups and pull-ups, two to three times everyday.[/size]

You jump onto things? Like as professional exercise or just being silly? Handstand pushups? Sounds like you've got a lot of energy! XD

YourFavoriteSenpai said:
Has to be umm... The lack of a car. So I usually walk around most places and play basketball. Sucks though, sometimes it gets super hot. ^_^> Just wanted to add my two cents in

Thank you for doing so. It's nice to walk but sorry you don't have a car. I know what you mean about the heat too, although it's finally starting to cool down around here, this summer was dry and brutal. @_@

[size=-3]Jump onto and off, being a little silly. Yes, handstand push-ups, energy and the gift of upper body strength. I find it baffling at times at how many people can't do hand-stand push ups. Place yourself in a handstand position and slowly lower yourself to the ground, until your chin, forehead or both of them touch the ground, lifting yourself back up afterwards. You can do it against the wall, until you learn to balance yourself. Do it as many times as you can.[/size]

Back
Top Bottom