Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School project.

He chuckled and looked at her fingers. She was totally holding his hand. It was pretty cute. "No...no I know. But I didn't know if we were eating or just going there to work on our project. I didn't want to be the weird guy that pigged out on pizza and you drink water." He smiled at her. "That's true. You like rebels don't you?" He grinned at her. His thumb caressed her palm. "Good so you can ride with me to Joe's." He pulled away when she reached up to touched his hair. It was more like a flinch. He looked down embarrassed. "Sorry." He said softly and cleared his throat. "Do you have to be home by a certain time?"

Jenny smiled back and her hand tingled as his thumb skimmed across it. The idea that he might like her back flitted briefly across her mind before being neatly tucked away in the realm of impossibilities when he flinched away from her touch. "You're fine!" she assured quickly as she drew her hand back and used it to tuck her hair behind her ear, her cheeks flaming a bit with embarrassment over the way she had been acting. "I have to be home by 5, I have to babysit again tonight." She told him sadly.

He gave a nod. "I can make sure you're home by 5." He smiled and was thankful she played of his flinch. She didn't ask about it either which was nice. "Are you allowed friends over while you babysit?" He kept caressing her thumb. He liked her and the more they talked the more he felt the urge to kiss her. Jace just hopef his thoughts of her were true and she wasn't just messing with him.

Just then the teacher announced the babies will be passed out. Jace smiled. "Congratulations on having a kid." He smiled and chuckled.

Jenny shook her head, "only if my mom has met them. So if you wanna meet my mom first, we could work on the project tonight too." Jenny pulled her hand away from Jace so she could take the baby. Cradling it in her arms she gently rocked it. "Now remember." Thier teacher said. "The baby is programmed to act like a baby, it can't poop, but it will pee, cry and need to be filed water. As you leave the class I want everyone to grab a diaper bag, it will contain everything you will need for the baby. Also don't forget to work on the babies photo album. It will be due at the end of the 2 weeks. You will need to take at least 10 photos with you baby."

Jenny laughed at Jace, "it's you kid too!"

"I'd love to do that. I can meet your mom. I'll reassure her I'll be on my best behavior. I won't cut any fingers off." He teased.

He looked at the baby. He looked at the teacher and motion him over. "Umm...does it cry at night? Like late? Or can we shut it off? My step dad works early and will not be happy if this thing keeps him awake. It wouldn't be good." He said with a fear in his eyes as he spoke just loud enough for the teacher.

The teacher frowned, "Thats part of the assignment, you have to learn that babies need to be taken care of 24/7. The baby can be shut off by a switch at the bottom but if you are found turning off your baby at any point during the two weeks, you and your partner will fail the assignment." At this point Jenny was much too busy taking care of a fussy baby to hear anything that was said.

"No I understand that. I will take care of the baby...but...my stepfather isn't so understanding. And he won't care if it's for a grade or not." It wasn't fair to him to ask Jenny to take care of the kid every night but at this rate, he may have to. He looked down and was worried about that could happen. "Can I do something to help?" He asked softly.

"Well if it helps I can write a note to send home to him but thats the best I can do." he replied before patting Jace on the shoulder and walking away. Jenny looked up from the baby as Jace with concern. "You ok?" she asked not liking the look on his face. "Is there anything I can do to help?" her tone was worried as she volunteered her help as a tutor, "I'm really good at it." She told him with an encouraging smile.

Jace sighed a bit and gave the teach just a simple nod. Then he looked at Jenny. "I'm okay." He smiled and thought it was nice of her to offer to tutor but that wasn't his issue. His hand ran through his hair again as the baby calmed down. Jace would just have to take his chances with the baby overnight and hoped that he didn't cry too much. "We seriously have to bring this thing to Joe's with us?" He knew people would look at them like they were crazy. Not that it matter to him, people already did that but not with Jenny.

Jenny looked from Jace to the baby and then back at Jace, "You would leave your son behind?" she asked in mock astonishment, "Look he even has your nose." She joked as she held the baby up for him to see. "Come on baby daddy, look at your boy!" She giggled as she leaned across the desk towards Jace. "It wont be too bad" She told him, "But if you really don't want to, we can just pick up pizza and bring it over to my house." She offered with a shrug.

Jace smiled and rolled his eyes. "You saying have a plastic nose? That's hurtful. I thought we were friends. Parents at least." He smiled and chuckled a bit. "I don't mind. I was just trying to save you the humiliation. I mean everyone in town already looks at me weird so..." He shrugged. "What is your mother going to think of me? Especially the first time meeting me and we tell her she's a grandma." He chuckled. Jace really did hope her mother liked him enough to let him stay and hang out with Jenny a bit.

Jenny frowned, "I don't look at you weird, so not everyone. Plus you now have me to back you up." she told him as she held up her fists, "I'll give them a taste of my fist." She tried to look intimidating but failed spectacularly. "My mom's the best, she's bound to like you because I think you're great." She said as she gave him her biggest and warmest smiles. "The thing you really should worry about are the boys. They are holy terrors." She warned him.

Jace smiled and shook his head. "I'm sure everyone is more scared of you than me." He nodded with a sarcastic tone. He sure would like to have a taste of something of hers but not her fists. "Awesome." He smiled at her. "Babe...I'm not worried about your brothers. I have one of my own. I may surprise you." He smiled at her.

The bell rang and he got up. "Do you have to grab anything from your locker?" He put his stuff in his bag and grabbed the baby for her. "I need to switch out some books to take home for homework then I'm good to take my little family out to Joe's." He smiled and walked with her out of the classroom.

Jenny's heart flip flopped when she heard Jace said "my little family" and a smile fought it's way onto her face. "No I've got everything in my backpack." She told him as she lifted it onto her shoulders. Then followed him out the door into the crowded hallway. Not wanting to lose him she reached out and grabbed his hand, lacing his fingers with hers. "Too many people." She told him in an explanation. "I don't want to lose you." she squeezed her hand and stayed as close behind him as possible to keep from being jostled my the crowd.

Jace couldn't help but smile when she grabbed his hand. He only half believed she didn't want to lose him. The other half figured she just liked holding his hand. His thumb squeezed back and caressed her hand. He made his way to his locker and put in the combination to open it. He handed the baby over to her so he could grab his books. He switched out what he needed and then took the baby again as he put his backpack on his shoulder.

He then took off out to the student parking lot. He walked to his car. He put his bag and the baby in the back before getting in. He had to turn his stereo down as it was loud from the drive to school. "Sorry. I like to jam." He smiled and started driving to Joe's after Jenny got in and buckled up. His window was down and he was a little quiet on the drive.

Jenny followed him around the school and then out to his car. She giggled as he turned down his stereo, "So are you in a band?" She asked as she folded her hands in her lap. "You said you could play the guitar and the drums?" She questioned curiously wanting to know everything about him. "Maybe you could teach me... I've always wanted to learn guitar." She told him as she turned so her whole body was facing towards him. It wasn't long before they arrived at Joe's. Jenny unbuckled her seat belt and grabbed the baby from the back seat before opening her car door and climbing out.

Jace smiled. "Well I was where I used to live. I don't know anyone here to play with. And I play guitar and piano. And...maybe sing. Well everyone sings. Just depends on how well they sing." He smiled at her. Jace had a few guitars so it was easy to teach her. "I could teach you. I may even have an extra guitar you could borrow to learn. Cause you have to practice."

Once at Joe's he parked and got out and held the door open for her. "Corner booth? I like to have my back to the corner." He smiled and made their way to the open booth. He slid in so he could see the door and entire restaurant. He looked over the menu. "Are we sharing or getting our thing? Mushrooms are out for me unless you want me to die." He looked at her with a serious face.

Jenny shrugged, not caring where they sat. Sliding into the booth next to him she sat close but not so close that they were touching. "I don't know, I always thought pizzas were meant to be shared." She replied as she leaned over his shoulder so she could see the menu. "I'm really good with anything." She told him, "But I'm a fan of pepperoni." As she leaned against him to see the menu, her friends glared at the couple from across the restaurant whispering to themselves.

Jace liked how close Jenny was looking over the menu. "We can get a large. How about pepperoni and sausage. That way we both picked a topping." He looked at her with a smile. He looked in her eyes and wanted to kiss her so he leaned closer to her. "I just may kiss you." He whispered.

Jenny's eyes widened in shock, "Me?" she asked incredulously then a look of understanding washed over her face, "please don't tease me." She whispered, her eyes filling with tears. "I know I've been acting like a complete lovesick fool all day but... holding your hand and flirting but.." Jenny just shook her head and made to get up and leave because she couldn't believe that Jace actually liked her.

Jace's forehead wrinkled. He told her he wanted to kiss her and she got upset about something and thought he was teasing her. "Jenny...hey wait..." He sighed and got up. He grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him and wrapped his arms around her. "Please tell me what is wrong. I'm so confused right now. I've never told a girl I wanted to kiss her then she gets upset and walks away." He pulled away just enough to look at her. "What did I do?" There was pain in his eyes for hurting her, even if he didn't know how he hurt her.

Jenny stopped and let herself be pulled into his arms, "Jace..." She whispered as she searched his face trying to find something that would show her the truth in his words. "I'm not pretty, funny, or witty. I have zero talent for really anything. I have trust issues and obviously low self esteem. Why the hell would you want me." She quickly wiped away a few stray tears that she couldn't hold back. "I'm so fucked up Jace, my 'friends' don't know the half of it."

Back
Top Bottom