Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School project.

Jenny laughed, "It sounds like you have about as much fun as I do." But her laughter was cut short when she heard a scream coming from the living room. "There is no way you didn't hear that." She said with a groan. "I guess our time is up though. I can't wait to see you tomorrow." There was another scream in the background and Jenny hurriedly added, "sorry about cutting this short but someone might have cut off a finger." And with that she hung up and went into the living room to break up the fight that had broken out.

"Yeah I heard it." He chuckled a bit. "I'll see you tomorrow. Just count them all to make sure none were lost." He smiled and hung up when she left. He charged his phone and got some homework done before learning a few new things on guitar. Jace then went to bed. He was up early the next day and showered before school. For breakfast was just cereal but Jace was alright with it. He dropped his little brother off at the elementary school before heading to the high school. He had on jeans and band tshirt under a plaid shirt. Once he got to school he put his leather jacket in his locker. He put his backpack over his shoulder before he headed to his home room.

Jenny was stumbling into home room, just seconds before the bell rang. Which was her normal way of doing things. Glancing around for a seat her eyes fell on Jace and her face took on a look of shock. Sliding into the seat next to him she says, "So I must be blind and totally self-absorbed because I had not freaking idea you were in my homeroom." Wiggling in her seat happily she playfully patted his arm and said, "But this means we at have to periods together..." A look of concentration took over her face as she said, "unless you're in more of my classes, which will make me feel really really shitty."

Jace smiled and chuckled a bit. "I'm normally pretty quiet. I don't exactly participate in class. I also tend to sit in the back." He shrugged. "Plus you come in just barely in time." Jace on the other hand was pretty observant. Not just of her but everyone and different things. "Third period art. And...Lunch. But normally lunch is occupied by food so I understand." He smiled and looked her over. "Was everyone's fingers attached?" One of her friends looked at her and raised an eyebrow about Jenny talking to Jace.

"Aw shit." She muttered under her breath. "I still feel really bad. But trust me I won't miss you again" she assured him confidently. "On the bright side, you now get to become sick of me at a much quicker pace." She smiled at him with a flirty smile when a note fell into her lap. "What the hell are you doing with that weirdo?" It read. Jenny just rolled her eyes and chrumpled the note before tossing it into the waste bin.

Jace shrugged it off. "It's no big deal." He smiled at her when she said she wouldn't miss him again. "I would hope not." He teased. "And what do I get to do when I get sick of you?" He asked with a smile that matched her flirty one. He ignored the note, he had a feeling it was about him but didn't care. Instead he got out his black notebook and started to write things in it as the class started. He ran his hand through his hair. The class was kind of boring to him so he only half paid attention to it. Jace couldn't help but steal a few looks at Jenny.

Jenny laughed, "I'm sorry but I'm kinda like a very cute fungus, I grow on you and am hard to get rid of. So you are stuck with me." She said as she gently nudge him with her elbow. "So can I ask what my baby daddy is writing about?" She asked in a joking manor as she pulled out her own notebook and pen, getting ready for class to begin. She was starting to really like Jace and it had only been a day since she actually met him. But already she was getting tiny butterflys in her tummy and a weakness in her knees when she was around him.

"Since when is fungus cute?" He looked at her confused but with a smile. "Really? Don't they make medicine for fungus? Plus I'm deathly allergic to fungus. I'll stop breathing go into shock." He grinned totally getting her on the fungus bit.

Jace looked at her. "Well, baby mama, you can ask anything. Doesn't mean I'm going to tell you." He grinned. "It's my journal." He said quietly. "So it's personal. It's whatever I'm thinking or feeling." Jace really liked Jenny and felt he could trust her, but in the middle of class was not where he wanted to share his inner feelings and thoughts. "Maybe someday...somewhere I'll share."

Jenny groaned and flirtingly kicking him under the desk, "Stop ruining my metaphor." She said before quieting down as the teacher began to speak. She blushed when he called her baby mama and tried to hide it behind her hair. "That really cool." She told him as she rested her elbows on the desk and her cheeks in her hands, covering the but of red that still lingered. "I definitely would have guessed you were writing song lyrics." She told him in a low whisper.

"Ow..." He narrowed his eyes at Jenny. "That wasn't nice. We should start getting along for the kid..." He looked at her with a serious look. Then she mentioned song lyrics. Jace just smiled and shrugged. "Guess you'll never know..." Her friends started to give her dirty looks for talking and getting along with Jace. The more they talked the more Jace liked Jenny.

"We still getting together after school?"

Jenny giggled quietly as Jace's mention of the kid, then a loud voice called out in the classroom. "Ms. Andrew, as much as I would love to allow you to keep flirting with Jace. I am going to have to ask you to redirect your attention to the board." Jenny's face turned bright red and her whole demeanor changed. Her shoulders slumped and she slipped down a little in her chair. Forgetting about Jace's question, she hurriedly started to scribble the notes that were on the bored.

Jace felt horrible she kind of got in trouble. He gave her an apologetic look. Part of him figured now she got embarrassed in front of everyone she wouldn't want to really talk him outside of the project. He wrote some things down and after class he grabbed his bag and loaded it up before heading out of the room.

The next class for him was study hall. He went in and found a seat. About ten minutes into the period he asked to use the bathroom. He walked out but instead snuck off to the music room that was empty of students and the teacher.

The bell rang and Jace walked out of the class without even saying goodbye. Jenny watched him leave with hurt in her eyes. But she didn't have long to dwell on the hurt because her friends soon surrounded her. Pestering her with questions and warnings. "He's trouble." "He's not cool enough." "... Good enough" "...smart enough." "Do you like him?" "Do you have a crush on him." "He called you baby mama? are you having a kid together?" Jenny just shook her head and avoided the questions. She really wasn't in the mood.

Jace walked in to the grand piano in the middle of the room. He ran his hand over the keys and sat down. He started to play a song. Jace felt normal and alive when he played and he was good. His eyes closed as he got into the song and played.

The song: https://youtu.be/gteecFdnDCY

Jenny went through her day with a nagging feeling in her gut. She didn't like that Jace had walked out of class without saying goodbye but maybe she was just over reacting. Maybe nothing was wrong and it was all in her head. Finally it was time to go to health class and pick up her baby. Of course she was late, but when she did get there she slide into her seat next to Jace and looked over at him hesitantly, "hey."

Jace went through his day but felt a bit better after getting to play piano. He was sitting in his desk writing in his journal when Jenny came in and sat next to him. "Hey...How's your day been?" His eyes studied her face and he picked up on something being off. "You okay?" He asked her a bit concerned. "I didn't mean to get you in trouble this morning."

Jenny hesitated and bit her lip, he obviously wasn't mad at her which meant she had totally over reacted. Twirling her pencil in her hand she nervously tapped her foot. She didn't want to come off as a dramatic little girl who got offended at the littlest thing. "I'm fine" She lied, as she subconsciously continued to bit her lip and tap her foot. "Mines been ok, and you didn't really get me into trouble. It was my fault, I should have been quieter." She gave him a forced smile. "We still on for after school?" She asked.

Jace smiled a bit. So she didn't regret talking to him or getting yelled at. She just said she should have been quieter, not that she shouldn't have been doing it. "I was hoping we would be." He smiled at her. "I mean we do have our child to take care of." The teacher gave them the class period to work on their projects but the dolls would be given out with just a little less than half the class left. Jace move closer to her. "What's on your mind. And don't tell me you are fine. It's the universal code for something being wrong with women."

This actually made Jenny laugh, "I just don't want to come off as needy or dramatic. I mean you just didn't say goodbye after class, its not like its the end of the world. Its just one word." She stopped tapping her foot but kept chewing on her lip. "I just thought we were friends." She sighed and continued, "But I was obviously over reacting. So you can just ignore everything I just said." She let her head drop down on to the desk with a thump in humiliation.

Two days ago he didn't have a single friend in the school or in the town. Now, he had a girl he was pretty sure liked him and now she was upset he didn't say bye to her after class. Jace got up and moved to the empty seat in front of her. He didn't want to embarrass her more but he didn't care what others though of him, so he leaned closer, "Hey...hey...Jenny. Look at me." He waited until she did and looked in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I though I got you into trouble so I figured you probably didn't want to talk to me. But now I know that's not the case." His hand went on her arm. "I'll make sure to not leave without saying bye from now on." He smiled at Jenny, "Okay?"

When she heard the chair move we was pretty sure Jace had gotten up to leave all her crazy behind. But then she heard him speak from the seat in front of her. Slowly lifting her eyes, she stared into his. She smiled at his words and rested her fingertips over the his hand on her arm. "I appreciate you humoring my insanity." She said with a timid and embarrassed smile. "I swear I'm not normally like this. I do not freak out over boys not saying goodbye to me."

Jace grinned when she touched his hand. His thumb moved to caress her finger. "Yeah well I'm not just any boy. I'm not like most guys in our school." He shrugged. "Well we can tell Jay that mommy and daddy made it through their first...fight?" He made a look cause he wasn't sure if fight was the right word. After two days, he didn't just want to hang out with her, he wanted to go on a date with her. There was something about her, something he couldn't explain, but he wanted to go out with her. He wanted to be alone with her. "So...is this afternoon...just hanging out?"

Jenny blushed and smiled as she felt his thumb rubbing her finger. "No you're not." She murmured under her breath. Then a look of confusion crossed over her face. "What do you mean just hanging out?" she asked as she studied his face trying to figure out what he could have meant. There was one thing about Jenny that all her friends were well aware of, and that was that she was absolutely oblivious to what was obvious to everyone else. She didn't notice her friends trying to catch her attention, sending her warning looks to stay way from the "dangerous" boy in front of her. She also couldn't see that Jace might actually like her back.

He smiled and shrugged. "Or are we getting food? I didn't know if we were eating or just working on school work..." Jace wanted to ask her out but felt like the middle of class wasn't the best place to ask her out. "Your friends hate that you got paired with me. They are afraid our child will turn out just like their father. A rebel with a cause." He knew it was normally a rebel without a cause but Jace had a lot to say, but no one cared to listen. Well that was before Jenny came around. Truth was he couldn't wait to get out of school and meet her. "Do you drive to school?" His hand ran through his hair from his forehead back.

Jenny laughed, "Jace!" She said as she wrapped her fingers around his hand, "remember, we decided we would go to Joe's Pizza!" She giggled again and squeezed his hand. "Well they just need to get to know you." She stated confidently then in a lower tone, "if there were no rebels with causes, nothing would ever change." She squeezed his hand once more and smiled up at him before reaching her free hand up and smoothing out his hair. "No, I normally take the bus but today I walked." She told him with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom