Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your avatar

If its not a reflection of a distinctive rp character I have portrayed, typically my own avatars happen to express things like the horror aspect of things or plain old ultra-violence.

My avatar is me without being my actual face. I have three crows tattooed on my shoulder so the outline is a bird, the inside is a picture I took of a book that I put a kiss mark in as I'm a horrible person and deface library books in a "pretty" or "nice" way. The book is The Virgin Suicides and to be fair there was already a kiss mark in it to begin with. I just added another one. I didn't own it at the time but I do now. It's a great book that I love. Plus I really love lipstick/lipstick prints. So, me, without being me!

Whatever I think looks cool goes up as my avatar. That's all there is to it.

My good friend, Malicious Lullaby, chose mine for me, when I mentioned that I'd possibly get around to having one, one day, and it's now been unchanged for two years. Anyone who knows me, will be aware of why I'd struggle for six months, then give up, not knowing what looked any good or not, if I went to select my own, and that visual aesthetics or representations aren't particularly important to me. Though, I really should mention to Mail that it might be time for a change!

As with a lot of people have stared, my avatars and signature typically reflect current interest. I thank the higher-ups for creating a design team, because I am far too incompetent and without a computer, so I cannot edit the images myself. I do prefer to match the avatar and signature, but I think if one day it fell by the wayside somehow I wouldn't.

My current set is based off of Mortal Kombat X, and thanks to...Ironic, I think it was, for making it. Actually made a Google search for the font used for the game and its logo. I was pretty happy with the results. :D

My avatar is always representative to at least some degree of how I feel, and what I idolize. It always has to be something I really feel I connect to in a way I feel is difficult to explain. As per signatures, I rarely ever have them; I feel my persona calls to not have one.

My avatar, is always direct to the point. I like to be direct and get to the point. I really not in the mood to play 20 questions that take a week to answer. If you look at my current avatar, I feel it is screaming right at you to the values I demand. I am not your mother, I am not your friend, and I am not the girl you take to church.

Which is actually kind of a little bit funny, bad girl, because I can't even tell what it is. It's either too close(in which case, if it's a vagina, then might have to be taken down per the forum rules) or a deformed looking ass or tits, or two bald men melding into each other. I'm not sure it is as clear a message as you were hoping, since I know I'm not the only one who was confused by the mass of flesh and lines. XD

Personally I always like to have my avatar match my user name. That way there is no doubt about who I am. If you can't remember my name you'll at least remember the avatar "that person with the *insert image description here*" avatar usually promotes someone's memory to jog thus my user name is recalled.

As for how I go about choosing my user name and avatar representation, it's normally associated with something I am into such as a series or directly related to a character I play as. As far as signatures go, I use to make ones which matched or at least went well with my avatar/user name. However I've come to find that providing links in my signature to the more important things, especially on an rp site, is the more appropriate thing to do. Should someone find themselves scanning through a thread and decide to glance at the links people post in their signatures it will immediately tell the person what my rp interests are, my do's and do not's and my character. Plus its a good way to also broadcast when I have updated material on said characters/rp interests. etc. Quick/direct access without have to fish through a board in search of someone's rp requests is always a plus when on the active hunt for rp partners. I find it makes others aware at a faster pace as to if we might be compatible for an rp session or not.

I find myself doing this with others, clicking on their F-list or Request Thread links out of curiosity or to actively see if we might be a good fit to rp together. I will probe a little deeper, perhaps poke through some recent threads to try and get a feel for someone before randomly dropping a pm in their inbox or to see if their rp style or even interests has changed recently as request threads can be outdated. Especially if the person has multiple ones for different fandoms/characters/plot ideas and they might have forgotten to remove certain links from their signature.

But, yeah, that's just me. ^^;

Rudolph Quin said:
Which is actually kind of a little bit funny, bad girl, because I can't even tell what it is. It's either too close(in which case, if it's a vagina, then might have to be taken down per the forum rules) or a deformed looking ass or tits, or two bald men melding into each other. I'm not sure it is as clear a message as you were hoping, since I know I'm not the only one who was confused by the mass of flesh and lines. XD

What about now? Now it is someone on a deep long term diet.

Back
Top Bottom