Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Helping Around the Ranch (JenivueGrimm/TotesBurger)

JenivueGrimm

Super-Earth
When she was very young, she had come to live with her grandfather at the ranch. Her mother had just gotten through a bad divorce with her father and they moved to her grandfather's ranch. Soon after her mother was kicked out of the house because she had gone and went messing with some fox fella. Her grandfather never looked very well upon the animal folk. Her mother knew that grandpa would take care of Pam. She ran off the fox fellow and only called a few times to keep in touch.

Pam, although she lived with the man nearly all her life, didn't share his fews. He fondly called her a 'spitfire'. A brave girl who could hold her own in a fight. Yet he always said her only flaw was that her heart was too gold for her own good. Pam thought the animal folk were on equal ground. Which if she was honest, wasn't too surprising for her grandfather to believe. After all, she had been working under the sun side by side with them for most of her life. Since the very first day she could so some type of task she had worked with them as equals. Even though her grandfather didn't like them animal folk, most of the ranch work was done by the animal folk while he 'supervised'. By that he actually just came out to yell at them if something wasn't done to his liking before returning back inside the house. Pam didn't mind... It meant that he wasn't likely to figure out that she hadn't fallen too far from her mother's tree.

Sweat ran down along her skin and her boots dug deep as she and a couple of others were pulling the ropes. She was dressed in her normal attire for working around the ranch. A pair of daisy dukes with a white tank top. Finally there was some give and they quickly backed away as the structure it fell forward. Her grandfather had relented to their constant complaints about the old storage. Well it was more of the constant bickering with Pam about it. They had cleared it completely out and now they had toppled it. They approached and were about to clear out the debris when suddenly they heard the wailing of one of the summer brats. There was a single team that were employed year-round with them. Now this part of the year they had some that were just employed for the season. They turned around and followed as a Bev-Beast bolted right by them, followed by nearly all of the summer brats that they had put in charge of doing animal duty. Pam's jaw dropped before she snarled and screamed as she ran after them,"You idiots! I knew we couldn't trust you not to fuck up!" Everyone took off with her as they went to try and wrangle down the escaped animal.

Pam wasn't too much older than most of their teenaged summer brats. However, she liked to think her time working hard had matured her a bit more than normal. Other teens were working at the shops in town about half and hour away. She and the rest of the full timers were easily able to bolt ahead of the summer brats as they pursued the beast. It was literally hours later when everyone came back. The full timers were annoyed with the brats and the brats were out of breath. Pam looked ahead and still a bit, which also was the reaction of the rest of the ranch help. Up a head was her very angry grandfather. She inwardly sighed and walked on with the group. As her grandfather stared hurling his introductory insults she mutely walked past him while the rest had to stay and listen to his rant. She stopped and glared at her grandfather's back as she heard him say a familiar phrase,

"I put you damned mangy muts in charge of the beasts for a reason. That's all you are good for is chas'n down beasts. Can't even do that right. What good are you? Might as well just put you down like any other beast!" They could see that she had made a very familiar motion to start yelling but she quickly looked away and kicked some dirt in distaste as she put her hands on her hips. She paced a bit before stomping off to the barn to vent as her grandfather continued. It was sun down by the time the full timers came back. The summer brats were walking off in the distance to their 'dorm'. Pam had already done everything else, they would finish with the storage duties tomorrow. Today was a bad day. They put the beast back its pen. Pam looked in the corner of her eye and saw her grandfather hobbling back into the house. She hopped off her place on the fence and went into the barn. Pam fell back to sit on a nice stack of hay. The rest of the ranchers also joined her inside. Things were tensely silent, finally Pam said,"So how do you guys want to figure out whose babysitting tomorrow?"​

"Way to go fat ass."
"Jesus you had one job."
As everyone seemed to calm down, quite a few of the summer brats seemed to point there anger at a particular member of their crew. A somewhat overweight rabbit, he was a city slicker who was dropped off to work on the ranch by his parents. For some... pretty harsh reasons.
"Hey how about you just stay out for tonight. We at least did our job. And apparently you break everything you touch." One of the other teens mumbled as the others shut the door of their dorm to leave out the rabbit.

"Yikes those kids are harsh." A tall muscular horse anthro sighed watching the event. Zeke was considered the 'leader' of the ranch hands. Despite that he was known to be a nice guy. Despite his frustrations with the summer help, he did his best to keep his cool and try to help them out. But today was... something else. He kinda wanted to invite the boy into the barn but figured the others, especially Pam, wouldn't be too thrilled. "Just let him cool a bit." The brown stallion sighed and entered the barn to see Pam and the other ranchers, a group of anthros who had been here for decades. They were pretty used to the old man's insults and were pretty good at tuning them out.
Mark was a lithe tabby cat who was closer to Pam's age. Known to be the joker of the crew and was (in)famous for his practical jokes.
Wilson was the grey wolf. Didn't talk much, but he was a skilled mechanic and took care of most of the equipment.
Roger the st. bernard, while not the sharpest tool in the shed he was known to be very friendly and helpful.
And finally Sergei, a somewhat newer ranch hand. A siberian bear who immigrated to the US after some pretty rough times in his home land.

"Yeah, I doubt your gramps will want them by themselves tomorrow." Zeke sighed as the others took their usual spots in the barn. "And most of them kiiiiiinda seem like assholes. Like the really 'Fuck you and your mama' type."
"I know right? I heard them picking on one guy earlier. You shoulda heard some of the stuff. Maaan screw that." Mark chuckled as he walked over and sat next to Pam. "Dunno where your gramps finds these people. This batch seems more incompetent than last year's."
"Now Mark it's only been one week since they got here. Most of these kids are part of at risk programs so we can't be to-"

"They stupid assholes." Sergei interrupted in his thick accent. "By way, Roger and Wilson went to get food."

"Okay everyone we all just had a bad day. Let's just take it easy tonight and relax." Zeke suggested as he walked over to the fridge and grabbed a few bottles of root beer before walking over to hand one to Pam and Mark. "So. Who wants to watch them tomorrow?"
"NOT IT!"
"Nyet."

"...Pam? Offers up girl." The horse asked as he sat next to the human.

Pam listened as they gave her the update on how the brats were doing. She groaned and then said with some disgust,"And that's my age group right there. Damn useless, the whole bunch of them." She grabbed the root beer and quickly opened it up. Then she heard Zeke's question. Pam stared bluntly at him as he sat next to her... They had a big construction job tomorrow and she really didn't want to sit out on it... However she trusted the boys with anything on the ranch, she didn't trust the summer group with holding a nail. With a scoff as she looked away she then replied,"While I don't want to leave you guys to do the construction of the new storage, I at least trust you guys to do the job... There's not a single brain cell between the entire group of brats. I'll babysit, I guess." Pam tilted her head back as she chugged a bit of the root beer before bringing it away.

She tilted her head back and relaxed after the stressful day they had just had. A nice cool drink with the dying sun outside, it was amazing. Then she asked,"So has anyone gotten an update on the new engine for Big Ed? I'd like to get that up and running before the big wheat harvest or else we're gonna have to do it by hand again this year. I barely want to hand them a pitchfork let alone a sickle... Also do you guys think there's gonna be room enough for me to spend the night? I know whats gonna happen if I go back in that house and i'm not in the mood to even be in the same building as him right now... I mean you guys have heard the absolute ignorant filth that he spews and that's my blood right there. That's the breeding pot that helped make me."

"Gee thanks Pammy. Taking one for the team." Mark smirked gently nudging Pam's shoulder.
"Thanks Pam. Don't worry we'll be fine with the Five of us." Zeke smiled softly as he sipped his root beer. Though he did disagree with the slight insult towards the summer workers. But at the same time he couldn't blame her for thinking that way. However one thing that would be egging him all day was many of the boys staring at her lustifully. He'd already caught a few of them sneaking glances at her rear and cleavage.

"Wilson say engine order was accepted. Say part will come in next week." Sergei answered her question about the engine. "But Even so. They should try to lift heavy stuff da? Add character and muscle." The bear smirked flexing a little bit.

"Of course there's enough room for you tonight Pam." Zeke smiled softly "This place is pretty huge. Surely you can find a comfy place to sleep." At her words about her grandfather the horse sighed putting a hand on her shoulder "Hey hey hey... you're better than that old asshole. Hell why do you think the five of us have stayed all these years?"

She giggled as she watched Sergei flex. Her eyes did admire the muscle though. While the boys may be looked at her and she was damn aware they were, she was admiring the men. There was no better sight than to see them hard at work. She relaxed when they said she could sleep with them,"Thanks, I really am not in the mood to hear him rant all night long and you guys know he will. I'm sure if I wasn't here, you guys wouldn't have even put up for half of his attitude." With a quick movement she swung around in her spot to lay her head on Zeke's lap. The bottle sat right right on top of her stomach. Then she said,"Don't worry, Sergei. Tomorrow they're gonna be toss'n hay bales left and right. The animal pens all look like they could use a fresh change. Not only that but I think I want you guys to just set all the old debris from the old storage and set it to the side and out of the way. Gonna have the kids come after the barn chores and take it all out to our spot by the river to make a bonfire. If they do a good enough job that day, maybe i'll let them join us for a drink, a bit a music maybe, who knows maybe they'll even preoccupy themselves with a swim."

Pam was gonna make sure that tomorrow wasn't gonna be like today. She was gonna lay into those brats and show them the meaning of good honest work. Hell, they would all learn tomorrow exactly how things were gonna be done and by the end of they day, she might even be sure that there would be no more repeat performances. Pam took another swing from the bottle and then added,"I just want you guys to know that if you need more help, you know you can always holler for me and i'll come sprinting. Alright?"

It would be a while but finally the other two of the full timer's came in. Her propped her head up and smiled widely as she said,"Hey, welcome back!" As they relaxed she set her bottle down and then said,"Let me get you guys a bottle of root beer." As she was walking back to them with a bottle in each hand her eyes glanced over to the brat's dorm. She immediately scoffed and rolled her eyes before handing off the bottles. Then she said,"Now that is sad." She walked back to the window that she had looked out of and asked even though it was obvious,"Really? They locked that one kid out of the dorm?" Sure enough she got a good look out to the brat's dorms to see the kid sitting on the steps right in front of it. Looked kind of cold too. She growled and pinched the bridge of her nose. Then she said,"I swear this new batch is just daring me to give 'em hell tomorrow." Then she wandered back to her seat and heavily fell back into her spot as she said,"I mean really. We did the first day tell them why there is a curfew they have to follow if they're not with us, right? I didn't just image the whole thing... There hasn't been any sign of anything dangerous sniffing out the ranch, anyone know?" She looked back to the group.

Back
Top Bottom