Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Mr Master said:
Just got done with The Brothers Bloom, recommended by a friend after I'd enjoyed Brick earlier. A story about two con-man brothers, and their last couple of big cons. Gorgeously international, fantastic performances by all the majors, and very brain-twisty. Recommended!
I SAW IT!

I loved it. :)

The Fall
Probably one of the single most amazing movies I have ever seen. Visually it is amazing to watch and the story is fantastic. Not to mention that the cast is great and the two main characters play so well off of each other. I have watched it three times in the past week.

Mr Master said:
Just got done with The Brothers Bloom, recommended by a friend after I'd enjoyed Brick earlier. A story about two con-man brothers, and their last couple of big cons. Gorgeously international, fantastic performances by all the majors, and very brain-twisty. Recommended!

I loved that movie. I have to admit though....I think Bang Bang was my favorite part of the whole thing though. She was jsut too cute.

AkumaTsuki said:
Mr Master said:

I loved that movie. I have to admit though....I think Bang Bang was my favorite part of the whole thing though. She was jsut too cute.

Agreed! She was the coolest.

THE COLLECTOR
It's violent, bloody, has some nice tits in it. Ok violent is a bit of an understatement. Man runs around a house after setting up several Rube Goldberg styled traps killing all sorts of people in various gruesome ways. Horror fans might enjoy this, but it's not for weak stomachs....or watching while "in-laws" are in the room.

Last time I went to the cinema I saw Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief for the lulz. I was actually pretty surprised: clunky dialogue as expected from most such movies, but surprisingly nice special effects. And Pierce Brosnan as a centaur! Hehehehe.

The last movie I saw as of recently was The Wolfman. There was a few things about it that I thought didn't need explaining during some parts, but hey. Overall, it was a grand ol' time to be seen by all.

cheerio_cherry said:
Finally saw Avatar... love it. It's fantastic.

Great movie!!!

Last movie I saw was Monsters Inc... I just love all the characters in it. All the actors playing the characters too.

Over the weekend, I picked up the Sean Connery Collection, so last night I got to watch The Untouchables. Such a good Brian DePalma movie, and the last time I saw it, I didn't even live in Chicago, so now I see all those old buildings and I'm like "I know that place! I've been in there... I walked past that one..." It's pretty damn good.

Tonight I'm starting in on The Hunt for Red October, which a lot of you kids who never knew what the Cold War was like won't quite get on a visceral level, but it's still an excellent example of moviemaking.

ah, 'the hunt for red october'. such a great flick. i have to re-watch that one now. thankfully it graces the shelves of my DVD library.

and i still haven't seen 'avatar'....... T_T

Watched Dante’s Inferno last night with Dub. I think we had more fun comparing the different art styles since each layer of hell had a different artist. It’s a supplement to the Game pretty much, filling in bits the game doesn’t mention…on the flipside the game mentions things the movie doesn’t.

The Box: Saw it because it's based off a Twilight Zone story called "Button, Button" and the the Aku loves the Twilight Zone.

And for the record it's about aliens, not God. XD

Just got back from the THE CRAZIES and it was amazing. Yes it was a sequel from the 1973 Romero film and not a remake. Tons of violence, gore, suspense and actually twitch worthy scenes. I can't wait for the sequel!

Be back in a few hours after I see Shutter Island.

Last night I watched The Presidio, the last of my Sean Connery Collection, this one with Mark Harmon and Meg Ryan. It was very much an '80s thriller, and I don't mean that necessarily in a good way. One decent car chase, a reasonable foot chase, a gunfight, and a lame, obvious pretext for Sean Connery to beat up a thug with his right thumb. Not a total waste of time, but not really particularly memorable, either.

Just got back from shutter Island. It was quite literally a beautiful descent into madness as well as a mental mind fuck. It was wwonderfully done and totally captivating. I suggest this film highly.

Con Air

Awesome frigging movie! Great plot and great cast--bunch of big name actors and a bunch of popular, common actors that you see a lot in other things to fill in the supporting cast(M. C. Gainey was a surprise as the convict who ends up replacing the pilot; and Mykelti Williamson from Forrest Gump as the best friend--second role I've seen him in and he gets wounded...again, lol). Lots of funny lines and cool one liners, and John Malkovich is great as Cyrus the Virus. However, I will say it had some parts in it that kind of felt like they were over the top, big explosions and an odd ending--a little too happy(like the scriptwriter was like "Tying up loose ends to tha EXTREME!!! *squealing guitar*"). But other than that, a great action movie and a good example of one of Nicholas Cage's shoot 'em up-hero flicks. ^^

PadanFain said:
Con Air

Awesome frigging movie! Great plot and great cast--bunch of big name actors and a bunch of popular, common actors that you see a lot in other things to fill in the supporting cast(M. C. Gainey was a surprise as the convict who ends up replacing the pilot; and Mykelti Williamson from Forrest Gump as the best friend--second role I've seen him in and he gets wounded...again, lol). Lots of funny lines and cool one liners, and John Malkovich is great as Cyrus the Virus. However, I will say it had some parts in it that kind of felt like they were over the top, big explosions and an odd ending--a little too happy(like the scriptwriter was like "Tying up loose ends to tha EXTREME!!! *squealing guitar*"). But other than that, a great action movie and a good example of one of Nicholas Cage's shoot 'em up-hero flicks. ^^

That is a great movie!

Mr Master said:
Last night I watched Anaconda. I really liked Ice Cube in this film. I just can't believe I never saw it before now.

I watched this movie with my Grandmother a little while back... she told me I am not allowed to pick the movies we watch anymore XD

I swear I kept asking her if she wanted me to change it and she said no.

Back
Top Bottom