Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Amadeus.

It was a repeat for me, a first time for my son. He's obsessed with Mozart. And while he was told this was a romanticized telling of his life and that events were either speculated or altered in part for drama, a fair bit is still decently true. He could verify since he's read a few biographies on the guy already. >.< Anyway, he was utterly TRANSFIXED!!! People can question the why of my allowing him to watch it all they want. Don't care. He got it, loved it, came away utterly enthralled. He never sat so happily or quietly through a film. : )

Erinye said:
Marvel! YES!

Last film I saw was Iron Man 3, so much fun. I love how Ben Kingsley portrays the "Mandarin", and Downey's banter is always good.

I've become socially known IRL as "Madame Marvel" for how obsessed I am with the MCU and Marvel comics.

It all started with X-Men, for me... when I was a wee little girl. :heart:

Downey was born to play Iron Man/ Tony Stark. They are basically one.
EDIT: Just like Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool/ Wade Wilson. :D

Alvis Alendran said:
The Force Awakens. Long past due.

Just got my BluRay copy in the mail today! Re-watching it as we speak.
:cool:

The Hobbit: THe Battle of FIve Armies, Extended cut.

Underwhelmed in the extreme. I feel like this is the movie the Peter Jackson just shrugged and said "Who cares anymore?"

I had been anticipating High-Rise for a long while; it's directed by wunderkind Ben Wheatley, based on a J.G. Ballard novel, with a Clint Mansell soundtrack and a truly superb cast. To my great delight it was even better than expected. It's an extremely dark, depraved comedy about society breaking down in a high rise apartment complex, with a lot of pointed parody of the British class system and English propriety. If you like it weird and warped, go see this!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPghZ5cc_E[/video]​

Captain America: Civil War
A definite 9.388/10.

Spider-Man scenes were solid, some of the best.
Black Panther was 10/10 in everything.

Ariamella said:
A definite 9.388/10.

Yes! I am in complete agreement!

I am 10000% excited for the stand alone Black Panther movie!

Finally got around to see the highly acclaimed The Witch. It's a disturbing and spine-tingling period piece about a Puritan family on the Colonial American frontier encountering a force of primal evil in the woods. I thought it's not really right to call it a "horror", it's more of a historical movie with horror elements. In particular I loved the depiction of the witch herself, and how it drew upon the old stories and folklore. Also, the lead actress is a divine cutie! Strongly recommended.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXmlf3Sefg[/video]​

Glittered_Dragon said:
Ariamella said:
A definite 9.388/10.

Yes! I am in complete agreement!

I am 10000% excited for the stand alone Black Panther movie!

11/10, would fuck Aunt May

Captain America: Civil War 5/5

Green Room 5/5 - So far, movie of the year hands down. Its sad that Marvel hype is overshadowing it.

Batman vs. Superman
in 3D.
... don't see it in 3D. It's painful.

Back
Top Bottom