Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

The Departed 5/5

First time watching it. Yeah I know, I'm stupid -_- I really loved it. Everything in it was just perfect.

Last movie I saw in theaters was Star Wars: The Force Overrated....I mean Awaken.

Last movie I saw at home was probably The Patriot or Braveheart.

Fifty Shades of Black - 2.5/5 [I laughed even though I haven't seen the original]

London Has Fallen 2/5 [Mixed feelings, few shots were perfect and I laughed at many of the jokes, but the directing and screenwriting were generally awful]

Deadpool 4/5 [Its one of those movies where the trailer gives most of the good jokes.. but I did enjoy watching it]

Looking to see the new Tine Fey movie. The trailer was awesome and heard positive reviews about it :)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 3.5/5 [Very impressed with the directing and acting. I kind of expected more comedy but I did laugh a lot]

Catch Me If You Can 5/5 [Omg...]

Deadpool. I still have the image of Wade jacking off a unicorn stuck in my head... I'll never see a rainbow the same again -_-;

Watched Hackers again. It's so cheesy, but I can't get enough of it. Somehow it's near the top of my list of favorite movies.

Lady Stay Dead, one of the many exploitation outpourings from that extremely fecund period in Aussie filmaking, 1975-85; the age of "Ozpolitation". It had all the classic elements - sleaze (there's a buttshot in the FIRST FIVE SECONDS) and oodles of bizarre violence. Recommended solely to fans of the genre.

Hot Fuzz 5/5

I really think its a master piece. Then again, I'm the odd one that appreciates British humor. Its on Netflix if anyone wants to watch it.

Hot Fuzz is really good. I liked Shaun of the Dead more, but both are really fun Edgar Wright films.

Batman v Superman. If you are at all sensitive SPOILERS then don't read what is below.

Really enjoyed it. Not sure why everyone hates it. Most of the criticisms I've heard were extremely overblown, and has lead me to question the cognitive abilities of some of the people making them. The entire thing was easy to follow, so I'm not sure how the script was a mess. The character motivations were clear, made sense, and actually fit the comic book characters more than Nolan's films. I thought the performances were acted well enough, and the "cheesy dialogue" never seemed over the top to me. Batman was the paranoid, miserable fuck that he always is. Superman was thoughtful and forceful like he always is, especially when he starts to lose direction in his life.

Lex Luthor was an entirely different spin on the character, but I thought it was fine. I understand why people wouldn't like this version of the character. It was a Lex Luthor born maybe twenty or so years ago, in a modern world. He's an awkward genius with a dark streak, who was abused by his powerful father. I think it fits a contemporary retooling of the character, and is more interesting than egomaniac, rich, science guy. He's very different than the Lex Luthor we are used to seeing, but I just saw him as a combination of his wacky, mad-scientist roots; and his more modern, industrialist archetype. I enjoyed him more than Bane from the Dark Knight Rises. At the very least, the character was just as capable as his comic book counterpart, while Nolan's Bane resembled the character in no discernible way.

Alright, so Batman kills some guys. I can understand how that is off-putting, but he's been doing it for years. In his earliest adventures it wasn't an issue for him. Even in more modern depictions he has lead people to their deaths with varying degrees of accountability. There's even a story where he hangs a mentally ill man from his bat-plane with a noose, and comments that the man is better off dead. This is a point of contention that I can understand, for Batman to kill people, but for me it's not a deal breaker. It also isn't like he's just holding a gun to the back of people's heads and pulling the trigger.

The illusions to the Death and Return of Superman story-line worked well. They needed something big enough to create a conflict that would bring the two heroes together, as well as Wonder Woman. It's the staging ground for what will likely be the Justice League movie, where they will likely rumble with Darkseid. It isn't like you could have an entire movie where they do a faithful adaptation of Superman's fight with Doomsday. It would be very little other than a big brawl, that lead to one of the worst stories in DC Comics history. When would there have been a better place to use him? Sure his origin wasn't true to the comics, but they do manage to mention that it isn't a Luthor creation, but rather he had the Kryptonian ship initiate a procedure that is utilized to make the living weapon itself. Doomsday's design was fine, as he grew his bone protrusions as he evolved. All he was missing was the lame green shorts and the mullet.

I think people literally just want the Avengers movies with a DC skin, and came out of it sour that they didn't get that.

Marvel! YES!

Last film I saw was Iron Man 3, so much fun. I love how Ben Kingsley portrays the "Mandarin", and Downey's banter is always good.

Back
Top Bottom