Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Mad Max: Fury Road

Mediocre..

Nice acting, and great fighting scenes and explosions. The story wasn't awful but the delivery was really bad.. I spent most of the movie confused though I will admit I could have paid more attention..

Went to see Dragonball Z: Resurrection F a couple weeks ago.
Was it the best movie I've seen recently? Nah.
Was it the most fun I've had going to a movie in years? Heck yeah.

Wasn't really a movie. It was a musical. The Book of Mormon.

Best. Musical. Ever.

Laughed so hard!

An Honest Liar. It was a documentary about James Randi, a retired stage magician and scientific skeptic best known for his challenges to paranormal claims and pseudoscience.

It's on Netflix if you wanna watch it! :D

Not a movie but something I have never watched before that I am finally getting on with: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

How odd to say but it reminds me of later series that came after it, like Supernatural and Fringe. Weekly supernatural creepsters getting bashed and investigated, sometimes not usually in that order, with quippy team mates helping do the research part of things. Sarah Michelle Gellar is so young! She is like... tiny. And the 90's is so full of itself with it's "yeah but we're the grown up version of the 80's" it's campy in a whole different way than Spn or any of those other supernatural crime fighting shows were. Entertaining to say the least and nostalgic for the childhood I did not experience; I was busy reading books and babysitting at the time the show aired, so, my late 90's has a Bluer and Cluesier theme.

Well I'll put this here too then. I watched the third season of American Horror Story. The Coven. I had seen bits of a show, and I liked it, but I never remembered when it was coming on. So I watched it on Netflix. It was okay. Currently I'm watching The Secret Circle though, and if you like the supernatural, this show isn't half bad. I've already gotten another person into it, but sadly they only made one season.

Age of Adaline.

Am I the only one who thinks Blake Lively is a horrible actress? (Please, keep the hate mail down to a minimum!)

I must admit I was sold early on while seeing the trailer that promoted the film, even finding myself wanting to head to the theater when the movie first came out. The story line seemed interesting while being compelling enough to have the potential of being a really good movie but the main character's acting (or lack thereof, that is) ruined it for me. She could NOT have played the part anymore duller than she had. It was flat and lifeless and she acted with no emotion whatsoever while her voice was drab and monotone. I swear I could have done a MUCH better job without having to try. *sighs*

BUT on an up-note, I did save ten dollars (not including the price of popcorn) knowing I watched it at home for free! *smiles*

Hackers. In the 90's it was all about those 1000 free hours of AOL CDs, and Windows 95. It was a decade where computers were neat and new, and Apple wasn't afraid to put color onto their hardware. Hackers is a movie that I thoroughly enjoy, despite how over the top and eye rolling it can be. If you like movies immersed in mid 90's culture, and eye rolling depictions of hacking, then this is the movie for you. Also, if you're an Angelina Jolie fan, be sure to check this one out.

Mad Max: Fury Road. It took me way too long to finally see this movie and I rather enjoyed it. I will say that Max seemed to actually take a back seat in the story compared to the other characters (Furiosa specifically, who seemed to be the actual "star"). Great action, some interesting characters, the setting is pretty cool, and those cars are epic (did you know that many of them are real and aren't CG?). (POSSIBLE SPOILER) The story at times could be a little confusing, and I would have liked more of an explanation about Immortan Joe, like what exactly is wrong with him and how does everyone call him their father even when some of the characters appear to be much older than him... And for that matter, what's wrong with the other characters, his "sons"? Why are they all diseased? Why have some mutated? I'm assuming it's caused by whatever disease Immortan Joe had but I would have liked some clarification on that.

I actually had to look things up on the Mad Max wiki to have some of my questions answered.

But despite some of the confusion in the story I liked the movie. But I also liked the other Mad Max movies as well, so... :p

Teeth.

Let me tell you, that movie....was so weird. Then, as I told someone about it, I couldn't help but laugh. The movie is about this virtuous girl. She's all about purity and saving herself for marriage. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm not knocking that at all. I want to make that clear. Anyway, she is raped by this guy that she actually liked. As he's raping her though, he starts to scream. When he pulls out of her, his dick has been bitten off and is on the ground. He ends up drowning, as they were near water. They had gone swimming. She figures out that her vagina has teeth. You find out in the movie that they teeth are like a cross between a shark's and an eel's. She can control it too. Oh my gosh it's so funny to me now.

I watched parts of Circle. I couldn't watch it all. Got bored too fast. Thought it was interesting how it ended though.

Bone Tomahawk; an incredibly atmospheric Western with brilliant dialogue and memorable performances by Kurt Russell and Richard Jenkins. It contains the most spectacularly cruel and gruesome death scene I think I've ever seen in a movie; it triggered a full PTSD episode in a veteran friend of mine, such was the visceral nature of the whole thing. So you've been warned! But I definitely recommend it to all fans of the genre.

Back
Top Bottom