Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Age of Ultron.

Go see it. Do it now. But not in 3D. Some scenes were so busy the 3D just gave me a headache more than added to the immersion. It's action, snark, bantery goodnes.

The Babadook

About halfway through the climax, I began to blubber and cry and didn't really stop until the end scenes. No joke. It was pretty ugly.

Love this movie, love everything about it. Feels very Jungian, so, I think that's why it hit such a sharp cord with me. The buildup was great, the chemistry between characters and audience was very well developed, the imagery was spot on for that Burtonesque Uncanny Valley without being too cartoonish, it truly comes off as unsettling, the creepiness and the scares were great without being cheap or relying on outdated tactics and it never felt formulaic at any time. Just a very genuine story. I could go on and on about the things I love about this movie. Don't be dissuaded by my sobbing, I'm just really sensitive.

The Dark Knight

I love Heath Ledger as the Joker. I will usually watch this over anything else that's on.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Was really good, not as many quip lines as previously, but nice to see a really different type of villain.

Rudolph Quin said:
Liam Dale said:

What did you think? Feel free to
tag, but yes, please share your thoughts about it.
I think it's quite interesting the way Nolan shows, let's say, his perspective about memories and mental illness, Leonard's sickness is physical, but still, it has a great reminiscence with post traumatic stress, which, without the hit he received, he would probably have suffered anyway after the attack. I couldn't stop relating this movie with Fight Club. The way Leonard seemingly covers his own acts and memories as someone else's. Apart from that, my goal as I watched the movie was to analyze it technically, in my opinion Nolan did an amazing job with Memento, with his mix of different resources, he always tells amazing stories.

I think I should watch it again though, to fully understand everything and take in every detail.

Was forced to watch Date Night by the people I live with earlier. I wanted to jab an ice pick in my eyes so I wouldn't have to watch this horror any more.

Watched Superbad once again. It's one of my favorite movies, although I think the subplot with McLovin and the two cops, Slater and Michaels is much more hilarious and interesting than the main plot with Seth and Evan.

The movie Unfriended. Couldn't understand why it received so many bad reviews that I almost didn't go see it. The only reason I did was because I was bored and needed to get out of the house. It's a good movie, the only reason I can think of as to why it got so many bad reviews was because a) it either wasn't gory enough for most people, or b) they were disappointed that the killer was never really seen. First horror movie I saw where I was really rooting for the killer. Of course that has something to do with being bullied in high-school myself ..

Big Hero 6. It's fun, though the flying scene after Hiro creates the second suit for Baymax lasts too long :p

Home

It was an adorable feel good family movie. Made even more emotional, since I was adopted when I was born, and just recently started to get to know my own birth mother.

Watched Lucy. Pretty but... there wasn't anything. I feel like I took a bite of cotton candy for 2 hours. I feel disappointed by the lack of conflict. We barely get to know Lucy enough to sympathize with her before she immediately starts to undergo her apathetic, robot-alien transformation of fulfilling ultimate human potential. And doesn't that feel a bit vain? Like, 100% capacity for us is beyond existence as we know/understand it. Cosmic, god-like, ethereal and omnipotent. I dunno, just really very blah film. Not even action the way it's supposed to be since literally nothing can touch her, nothing can affect her. There was nothing really about her journey that I felt excited about or was rooting for her to achieve because it... felt like she was gonna get there anyway. I kept waiting for the moment when they'd suggest trying to turn her back to normal in time for the "happy ending"/"you learned and grew as a person from this experience" ending. ^^;

I mean, if you're gonna preach, and it did, I'd prefer the message not be "who gives a fuck about you? How about sacrifice yourself for the betterment of everyone else? Because that is the pinnacle of your achievement in this life as an individual."

Jurassic World. No spoilers, but I would highly suggest it if you enjoyed the other Jurassic Park films. It was the best one since the first, in my opinion.

Nightcrawler. I enjoyed this one a great deal; Jake Gyllenhaal did a fantastic job. The ending was a bit unexpected, and was a breath of fresh air.

Jurassic World.

If I ever doubted about becoming a paleontologist, I will never doubt again, dinosaurs are just fascinating to me. It was so freaking exciting, I felt just like when I was little and saw the first movie :p

post-divider-1.png

Jurassic World.
c:

Mitsu said:
Nightcrawler. I enjoyed this one a great deal; Jake Gyllenhaal did a fantastic job. The ending was a bit unexpected, and was a breath of fresh air.

Saw that too. It was amazing and despite his character being overbearing and even weaselly, he was extremely likable. His mannerisms and even his approach when he was being a controlling, manipulative dick, it was hard not to be entertained and focused on him. Also an interesting concept as well that made the story, although bland when giving a synopsis/trying to explain it to someone else, is surprisingly emotionally charged, with all these different layers to it.

Just watched Faults. Absolutely loved it. The acting was great, great performances from everyone and even though it was a bit unexpected, the ending didn't come out of left field. After it's revealed, you kind of realize there were these hints all along the way, this feeling of tension building up that finally gets released. I want to do a cult intervention role-play now. Goddammit.

Back
Top Bottom