Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

I recently went to the drive-in and watched Dawn of the Apes followed by Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Dawn of the Apes was amazing! I suggest anyone go watch it if you have seen Rise of the Apes.

Transformers however was way way too long and pretty boring. I think they could have made the movie an hour shorter and it could have been more bearable to see through. =/

The Purge

Sometimes I actually wish this was how we handled things. I do not feel murderous towards very many people but sometimes that shit just builds up. It was a neat idea but I didn't feel very moved by any of it, from beginning to end. The characters weren't genuine or likable in any way - that boy was a fucking retard, I swear to God! why would you keep risking your family's life like that? And I kinda feel like the neighbors were justified in their feeling towards the family - I mean, they did present themselves as fucking perfect, even right down to the chance to retaliate. Did they deserve to die over it? Eh, no. But they didn't really win me over with any reason to root for them either.

Rudolph Quin said:
The Purge

Sometimes I actually wish this was how we handled things. I do not feel murderous towards very many people but sometimes that shit just builds up. It was a neat idea but I didn't feel very moved by any of it, from beginning to end. The characters weren't genuine or likable in any way - that boy was a fucking retard, I swear to God! why would you keep risking your family's life like that? And I kinda feel like the neighbors were justified in their feeling towards the family - I mean, they did present themselves as fucking perfect, even right down to the chance to retaliate. Did they deserve to die over it? Eh, no. But they didn't really win me over with any reason to root for them either.
If you like the idea of there being no law for twelve hours, why don't you move to Somali? There no laws in Somali and they even have pirates!

Just saw The Purge: Anarchy which is pretty much what would happen to America, if the Tea Party took over the government. I lost count how many times I heard the word god, amount of prayer, and the amount of gun orgies. The Tea Party also hates poor people and non whites, and seeing how most people who are killed during the purge are poor and not white its a perfect fit.

I saw Austin Powers: Gold Member the other day. Well, it was the last movie I saw. *Shrugs* I've seen it before, but I was looking for some light entertainment to keep my mind off things. However, I don't really appreciate the fart-humor they include and I find number 1 to be the best one. :)

KingSandy said:
Transformers Age of Extinction.

Meh. I had time to kill so I did it. That and it came with TMNT trailer.

Dr. Jonathan Crane said:
Lucy ....... which might I add is an absolutely horrid movie ... waste of time imo. Great concept ... they could have done so much more with it.

I just watched it last night as well.

I loved the concept. I think they could have done a lot more too with everything. It was also fairly short for the type of movie it is. Most movies are reaching up to 2 hours or more. Some plots I understand it would be overkill, but this movie had the potential of being a good longer movie. Unfortunately it was short and a bit of a disappointment.

Just saw Days of Future Past at the dollar movies. It was mediocre with one awesome fight scene right at the beginning.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Fucking awesome.

Due to my state of mind (and my ever-present insomnia)...been watching a lot of movies... <.<

The Giver
World War Z
The Fault In Our Stars

The Seasoned House, its interesting and I love the main character. She's a deaf mute and becomes kinda badass in the end. My heart bleeds for her though.

The Machinist. By far one of the most psychologically captivating films I've ever watched. Maybe I'm a little biased though considering I love Christian Bale, never seen a bad movie with him in it.

The Erotica Traveler.

Shit nasty as hell m

I finally got around to watching, 'Exotica', a movie I downloaded a while ago. It's an early film from the same director as The Wrestler, and Black Swan. Highly recommended, if you prefer character driven plots, as I do, and movies that deliver an emotional impact. Not exactly a 'happy' movie, but they're my favourite type.

Back
Top Bottom