Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Boondock Saints II- I thought it was good but not as good as the first one. And man did they not age well.

Ok this is technically not a movie, but it was inspired by a movie- Nightmare on Elm Street the TV series.
All I can say is ....wow.... *facepalm*

From Netflix: Unholy. Low-budget, but you can see how legendary sexpot Adrienne Barbeau has done with her aging (answer: not too badly, all told), and you can see Buffy's Xander, Nicholas Brendan, a bit porked out and playing a stoner loser kind of guy. He doesn't do badly, I suppose, but he's not given much to work with. The whole movie isn't given much to work with, but it tries to work in Nazi scientists, military experiments, time travel, invisibility, mind control, lots of shotgun murders, etc. It's neat, but slow and annoying until you get to the twist. Which... doesn't make a lot of sense, long run, but still. Oh, and there's simulated radio broadcasts over the credits to show the effects of the movie after the actual imagery ends. I can't say "recommended'," but not a bad time.

Watched Boondock Saints with dad after I got back from the bar last night. The gay FBI agent was a bit much, but over all not a bad movie.

Nekrosilisk88 said:
Watched Boondock Saints with dad after I got back from the bar last night. The gay FBI agent was a bit much, but over all not a bad movie.
I thought his gayness was handled pretty nicely, as in it was just kind of a background detail and wasn't directly part of anything, nor did he really play it "gay" exactly. Er, right up until the cross-dressing, which actually isn't always a primarily gay thing (see To Wong Foo for examples). Avoiding stereotypes, ahoy!

But as far as he was being played as the hot-shot FBI genius who had all the answers and was never wrong, yeah, that was a bit much. But it's freakin' Willem Dafoe having fun! That can't be bad.

Back
Top Bottom