Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

If you were missing an eye...

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
If you didn't have vision in one eye or were missing an eye, would you wear an eyepatch?

I don't think I'd need a whole lot of reason/prompting to don one of those suckers. I basically get an excuse to talk like a pirate/break into pirate speech all the time, is what I'm hearing.

See, I am the kind of person who hate having to repeat herself or explain the same situation over and over again, so getting the inevitable questions about an eye patch would drive me mad enough to stab a poor helpless inquire in the eye, while screaming at them "What happened to your eye?" over and over and over again. :blush:

Also this topic makes me miss the rp I had with a character with an eye patch, and the deliciously depraved things my partner suggested doing to her gnarled scar hiding underneath. See, now I have to go and make a thread complaining about partners who vanish unexpectedly. ;)

xanaphia said:
See, I am the kind of person who hate having to repeat herself or explain the same situation over and over again, so getting the inevitable questions about an eye patch would drive me mad enough to stab a poor helpless inquire in the eye, while screaming at them "What happened to your eye?" over and over and over again. :blush:

Who said you had to repeat the same thing every time? :D Listen, if I'm gonna be over here talking like a pirate at random times, busting out sea shanties and threatening to make people walk the plank over minor infractions, you can bet you can spin a grand yarn every time everyone gets in your business about the patch. Frankly, I think you'd find only 1 out of every 100 or so people would actually be obnoxious enough to ask unless they were intimate friends or children. "This traumatic loss of crucial body feature, how about we revisit that?" XD

xanaphia said:
See, now I have to go and make a thread complaining about partners who vanish unexpectedly. ;)

And make me repeat myself? =O You are a cruel kitty!

I'd have two or three eyepatches, and an assortment of false eyes. One normal, one slitted, one faceted, one with a red LED, and so on.

I actually 'am' missing an eye, but I was lucky enough to get a prosthetic ('glass') one fitted and made. Those folks who make such things really need a steady hand and an artistic sensibility. Ah, and those things are not cheap either.

If I wasn't that lucky, I would be doing the patch. "Ayyyrrrrr, matey!" (Which I actually did for a month and a week.)

O-o oh damn Haruki! I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm certainly glad you were able to get a nice prosthetic replacement....

I might not be physically missing an eye...but I am actually blind in my right eye. It was a steady progression as I aged until finally I was classified as legally blind in my right eye. If I cover my left and try to focus on anything with just the right...anything further than 1 foot away from my face appears as just a mass of light and colors and my peripheral vision is none existent as well.

I wear a set of glasses with the right lenses being so thick to better my vision it's pathetic and magnifies my eye so I look like I've got a creepy cgi bug eye. I HAVE and DO actually intentionally stare and glare at people with that one eye if they've done something to seriously get on my nerves and thus creep them out. Granted, as soon as October hits I will do this regardless because I'm a Halloween freak and like to scare people.

Most of the time though I will forego my glasses...which I know is putting far more stress on the opposing orbit but...least it means I don't have to deal with people being jerks when at work.

I don't think I'd ever wear an eye patch to be honest though, even if I completely lost my eye. Like Xana' I'd become rather irate at people staring at said eye patch and whispering about it when they think they are outside of my range of hearing yet are not.

I've had a little too much experience with this sort of thing albeit second handed. My mother has to wear a set of braces on her legs to walk thanks to the fact she is unable to have her knees or hips replaced do to another health issue which makes it so she cannot go under the knife. The braces look like literal pieces of armor and she also uses a cane to support herself. When I take her out places people always gawk and stare, whisper to one another and generally are being rude. All she does is hobble by them, going about her business and they have a need to whisper about it and stare like ill behaved children. Some people will do just the opposite and all though I know they mean well, as does my mother, and they express their concern and sorrow for her being in this state, it does more damage than good as it's just another constant reminder of how fragile and crippled she really is. She is well aware of her physical state, she doesn't want strangers talking to her about it and reminding her even more of the fact.

I can safely say I would be this same exact way if I were to wear an eye patch over a missing eye. People where I live don't seem to understand the concept of boundaries and I'd rather not endure first hand what my mother goes through every single time we go out in public.

And I apologize for the half ranting there...my original intent was to merely make a solid point but it went a little sideways. I apologize deeply.

I'd probably wear a glass eye/ fake eye.
Just because I personally know someone who lost an eye as a child and she said having 1 eye really effects how people look at you and treat you. It's why she got a fake eye, to look and feel normal (since she was normal despite only having 1 eye).

I have a friend whos sight is slowly diminishing in one eye whilst his other is somewhat improving...he joked he should wear an eyepatch now its become part of his image. Heck anyone remember Gabrielle? She has ptosis but im sure people will agree that eye patch only added more beauty to an already beautiful woman.

Me personally I would or tie a bandana in a way across it. I wouldnt see it as a flaw and I would make it as part of my image since hey, we all have our unique image.

xanaphia said:
Also this topic makes me miss the rp I had with a character with an eye patch, and the deliciously depraved things my partner suggested doing to her gnarled scar hiding underneath.

^ that made me miss a similar situation with an eye-patched character. oh the humanity :c

on the topic of eye patches, though. fuck yeah, i'd don one. i do get annoyed with repeating myself, however, but i'd probably find a way to get around that. well, that's to say if i was missing an eye, anyway; i'd cover it with an eye patch, rather than getting a fake replacement or something to that equivalency. if i got a cataract, or something that still allowed me to keep the eye, i'd probably just leave it as is. might keep some pesky kiddos away~ c;

In a way, my vision is pretty fucked in both of my eyes-- my left being completely monochromatic (colourblind to the point of only seeing black and white) and my right unable to see different hues of red/orange/pink and both having really bad astigmatism. Personally, I prefer seeing in colour, so I let my fringe (or bangs, as some call it) droop over my left eye entirely, blotting out any chance of really seeing out of it. I do move my fringe out of the way sometimes when I need both eyes, such as when I'm driving, though. So, I guess I do have a kind of "eyepatch" that I have at almost all times.

If I was missing a eye, or, the loss of any body part I would take my own life. Human life is already boring, missing an eye would be more then pass the breaking point. Have to say, human life is in a nutshell worthless.

That sounds like a really cute look, Yoru. ^.^ I'm surprised how many people would go for the glass eye, as that's another thing I think people could have a lot of fun with as far as self-expression and all.

I've changed my mind. If I were missing an eye, I'd cosplay as Kakashi Hatake for the rest of my life. I would occasionally, randomly, lift my headband to reveal...not a Sharingan but...a mediocre glass eye, my regular eye color. Except it would be pointed in an extreme direction so that I'm making an uncomfortable derp face, thus ruining the mystique of my cosplay.

1pfl4i.jpg

I have a prosthetic eye. An eye patch would draw too much attention to myself. Peole get uncomfortable around disabilities. Also I wear glasses for my good eye, and that looks dorky when paired with a patch. .(And I think monocles are hard to keep in place, before anyone suggests.)

If neither of these were an issue? Shit yeah I would. Especially if the eye looked Wrong. My good eye is centered in the corner to my nose, peole notice it (while the fake one looks normal). I don’t like peole noticing. A worse eye would be worse, and a patch would be less awkward. Peope get more uncomfortable around disfigurements.

Bear in mind even if you wear a patch, you want a false eye. Without something in the eye cavity, the socket will sag, or at least, the muscles around the eye that move it. When my prosthetic is out, it’s really hard to open that eye lid because of the weight of the saggy skin , and that whole part of my face feels droopy. I don’t like it

Are you trying to insinuate that walking around with an empty socket instead of an eye would in some way be better?

I'd get an eye patch with some LEDs for fun, but I would probably just get a glass eye too.

I'd have a whole bunch of eye patches, in colors/patterns to match my outfit, if I lost an eye. I'd be upset to be with one less eyeball, but that don't mean I can't be stylish. :cool:

I'd have a whole bunch of eye patches, in colors/patterns to match my outfit, if I lost an eye. I'd be upset to be with one less eyeball, but that don't mean I can't be stylish. :cool:
Preach it. Unlike most organs, when you lost an eye (or two) it's a brand new chance to accessorize!

Back
Top Bottom