Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Space Oddity (Me X Freeko x Lady_Rinne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacian

Planetoid
The once predator was now prey, Slayn Schneider a bounty hunter who fell prey to the same man he once hunted. Now wasn't that a pretty ironic thing to happen, but wasn't that the way it always worked? the hunter becomes the prey. 'Why does it have to end here?' Slayn asked himself. He knew his enemy was no man to mess around with, so if he was going to end it he would have to do it here and now. The civilian light freighter touched down on a private landing pad just outside of a large mansion like building. They each rushed into the cargo hold area to grab Slayn one of the men punched him in the face unnecessarily. Slayn turned his face to stare at the man who just punched him in the face. 'When this is over I have to remind myself to beat this guy up,' He didn't add as they dragged him down the exit ramp. The sun was just rising, it was early on coruscant and already he noticed the hustle and bustle of the planet. Making they're way down a large paved pathway with the most ostentatious decorations he had ever seen. Trees shaped like animals in the known galaxy, golden fountains, space ships, flowers, he had it all in space around the home.

They shoved him all the way down the path he didn't get to see everything in the yard. Slayn watched as they opened the doors, inside at the top of the stairs was Martyr and Dulciana. "Welcome Slayn it's been a while since we last met," said Martyr. "I've known you for a long time partner and I know you know who this man is. The man you've been searching for all these years. and I'm sure both of you have a lot to say,"

"I thought I finished my job with you years ago. I should have put a blaster bolt in your head to make sure," He calmly stated. "Ah, yes you should have then maybe we wouldn't be standing here now, would we? We know each other almost intimately wouldn't you say...,"

"Why did you bring me here?"

With a grin. "To make a lucrative offer my friend, actually more like an offer you cannot refuse," Martyr raised his arm and moved to his right. Out from the shadows came a young woman, it was Dedra. "Now we want you to kill multiple targets at various locations. If you do not comply we will kill her," Why should Slayn care he hadn't seen her in years, but no he couldn't let an innocent life pay for what went down so many years ago. He looked down at the ground to shield his eyes from her innocent face. She was beautiful her olive skin with rosy red cheeks, with the face of Athena the geek goddess.

"What Slayn didn't think we knew about you. Demetri is a great man he sold his daughter to us when he couldn't afford his gambling debt. Lucky for you, you have the chance to save her but you'll probably be dead so it won't matter. So let's talk business. We've got twelve people we need out of the picture. here's a data pad with all the information you need now get going the sooner the better. Oh and Slayn if you even deviate from the plan the girl dies," A long hard inhale of oxygen entered Slayn's lungs, exhaling the carbon dioxide taking a glance at the data pad that was given to him. The people Martyr wanted dead were almost impossible to kill, some were political figures and others were some of the richest men in the galaxy. It was definitely going to be a difficult mission trying to escape Martyr's grasp especially if he doesn't keep moving toward the designated destinations. He was sure he was being tracked or maybe followed by some of Martyr's goons.

Hours Later

The first person on the list was one of the millionaires:

Name: Jygar Hussen
Profession: Trader
Family: Wife, Two kids
Present Location: Commaf
Credits: 10,000,000

Slayn started to think about Tishr if he could contact him maybe he could get out of the situation he was in. How could he have let his past catch up with him how could he have been so reckless? The problems seem to keep building up, and no matter how hard he tried he could get no peace. He knew he had to end this once and for all, but he needed help to do it.

Exiting hyperspace Slayn caught a full view of Commaf it looked so peaceful from were he was sitting. The ship that he was given was his old light freighter. The ship entered the atmosphere burning up as he entered. He requested to land and it was given, he headed for the docking bay landing smoothly on the pad. Slayn stood up and walked out of the cockpit and into his quarters so he could put on his armor. Afterward, he grabbed his M26 Blaster rifle checking the cartridge. He had built the rifle himself from multiple parts around the galaxy it was dead accurate according to his modifications. He exited through the cargo hold down the exit ramp where a uniformed man approached him.

"Good evening Sir welcome to Commaf we hope you have a lovely stay on our peaceful planet. We require a docking fee of 25 credits for unexpected landings," Said the uniformed man. Slayn entered his pin number to pay the docking fee. The man nodded as Slayn walked away into the streets of Commaf. The streets where a bit empty due to the time of night probably all in the cantina, that would be where he'd be if he was here at this time of night, and that's exactly where he'd be heading. he looked up at a bright neon sign that said Vep's cantina that is where he was headed. Upon entering the cantina he already could feel the stares of everyone within, but wasn't that common? Slayn walked up to the bar and asked "Can I get a drink? I need some information about someone . I'm looking for a man by the name of Jygar he does a lot of trading here any information would be useful,"

Zen looked up from the glass he was cleaning when the man approached the bar. The man got straight to the point. As Zen filled a glass for him, he asked about a local merchant. He must not have been local, or he'd have known that if you wanted to find information in Vep's cantina, you didn't ask the staff. They had a neutral policy on everything, and that's just how it was. Zen was about to explain this policy when, oh great, Trin came walking back to the bar. Trin's ear had caught the man's question, and she almost laughed out loud at his ignorance. Almost... this guy was packin'. You didn't laugh at people like that. No, you were nice to people like that. She set down her glass on the bar, giving a knowing smile to Zen, who tried to hide his anxiety as he refilled it for her.

"Jygar Hussen? I know him. His two boys are rats if you ask me. But he's done some trading with my dad." She didn't even flinch mentioning him. The time for crying over that was over. He lives down in the South District, over his shop. You can't miss it. Suddenly her glass was thrust back in front of her. Zen's eyes could have shot lasers at her. What was he getting all bent out of shape for? She wasn't telling the guy anything he couldn't find out after a day of poking around. She looked back at the man. He looked like the kind of guy who got what he wanted, one way or another. "Why are you askin' about him anyway? If it's parts you're needing, I can get 'em cheaper. Ain't that right Zen?" She turned with a smile, but Zen was walking away, pretending to be busy with another customer. Trin shrugged and turned back to the mystery man. The names Trin. She said, sticking out her hand.

Slayn removed his helmet to reveal his handsome face grabbing his cup to take a sip of ale. Everyone stared him down maybe it was the hardware he was carrying or maybe some wanted a piece of him, but whatever it was their stares were starting to annoy him. placing his cup down on the counter as a small female approached. Not expecting her to speak she did say "Jygar Hussen? I know him. His two boys are rats if you ask me. But he's done some trading with my dad. He lives down in the South District, over his shop. You can't miss it," that caught him by surprise that another person would answer a question he asked the bartender.

He ignored the rest of what the girl said, she was cute no doubt. he had no time to deal with such people he needed to head out of there as fast as he could. He ignored her hand that was hanging out in the air by walking past it. He put on his helmet once again and headed out the doors. "Hey! Ignoring the young lady isn't proper," shouted a voice behind him. Slayn turned around to see an oddly short Bothan with a group of humans standing behind him. "Do we have to teach you some manners?" raising his eyebrow.

Slayn tilted his head slightly. Could this really be happening right now? asking himself. Did these people have a death wish? The Bothan leader walked toward him. "A silent one...Well, you know what we do to silent ones out here don't you?" just then the Bothan swung a metal object at him, Slayn sidestepped letting the Bothan over swing causing him to lose balance. Slayn to the advantage and rifle-butted the thug in the back of the skull knocking him out on impact. He then looked back at the humans who were surprised to see that their leader was taken out in a single move. The remaining gang members fled, while Slayn continued to walk the streets.

Character Thread

Minna would find herself called into the Chief's office yet again. It would be just another day at the office she thought as it was another mission that she would be sent on. With the chief rather animated, Minna would enter into the office. "Minna, pack your bags for Commaf on the double! We just got word of a high profile murder and you got the short straw for this one sweetheart. Here is a dossier of the information you will need along with a set of credits for you to hire a mercenary. You WILL need her help, and you will find her at the bar. Discretion is required since this is a high profile investigation. Security at the murder scene supposedly got a look at the person responsible. Start there and see where things take you. Take something from impound to go to Commaf."

"Looks like this will be quick, I assume you want me to have this person brought in alive? And who is the mercenary?" Minna would ask a few simple questions before going into the dossier given to her. Minna caught on immediately that the Chief had said "her" so it would be another woman that she was looking for? Now she just needed to confirm the details and head off to the bar with her payment for the mercenary. It was simple enough but the chief had said that discretion was advised on the matter so she would need to stop at her apartment to change into less obvious clothing. Walking into a bar in her uniform was usually a recipe for anarchy since there was always a high chance that someone would panic. Causing a scene was the last thing that Minna wanted, even here on Ocroyrus.

The travel to her apartment was uneventful though she would be carrying a bag with her to make as if she were a wandering traveller. Heading off to the bar, Minna would try to see if she could find this mercenary named Avalia. The description she was given was rather vague, but hopefully there were only going to be a few women who looked the mercenary type. It would not be too difficult to dismiss the bartenders and other working girls as not being possibilities for being Avalia. Though Minna was not opposed to simply asking about for her, she did consider this some manner of a challenge to see if she could deduce who Avalia was since it was her job afterall to investigate a scene and then form an opinion on what may have happened.

Seeing a few possibilities, Minna would go to the person she thought was Avalia and just come out and ask, "Are you Availa? Do you mind if I sit with you since I would like to talk.." Hopefully Minna had chosen wisely who she was attempting to engage in conversation and if she was wrong it hopefully would not look too awkward for her. The end game here was only to meet Avalia and procure her services so that they could then head to Commaf and investigate the murder.

As Minna entered the bar she would have rather quickly been the subject of stares and drawn attention. Even with her attempts to look like a traveler it was fairly obvious she wasn't the usual clientele. And it seemed that she had picked the wrong person in her guessing attempts to find the mercenary named Avalia. Still she couldn't really be blamed for her mistake.

Fortunately before Minna could compound her mistake by offending the target of her speech a hand, encased in a metal sheath landed on her shoulder. If she turned she would see who had grabbed her shoulder. The form behind her was feminine, though exactly how much so was difficult to discern due to the suit that she was wearing. It was clear though that her body structure was recognizably humanoid, at least outside of the fact that from the back of her suit a number of long tendrils encased in metal themselves fell like a cape.

The suit was mostly silver and faint lights gleamed on many of the joints, an opaque helmet hiding what the woman beneath the suit actually looked like. "I am sorry for intruding." Her voice was odd and airy, barely seeming filtered despite coming from within an environment suit. "But Visira has a habit of taking mistaken identity badly, and since you are looking for me I would not have you slain and eaten. At least not until I hear what you want of me."

She gestured towards one of the other tables with a hand. "You may join me and tell me what you seek my services for."

Slayn lined up outside the back door to the compound. Taking a military stance waiting to breach into the building once the power was cut he'd storm in. The light flickered a bit then cut off completely at the same time the door opened and Slayn rushed in with his weapons aiming for any target it could find. The long narrow corridor was clear of any Targets. Dashing down the hallway which leads him into a small storage room that leads to the inside of the compound. Inside the storage room was a large circuit board. It must have lead to the exterior back up generator if he could get it to over load he'd be in complete darkness. He grabbed an overloading spike from one of his small pockets on his battle armor. He placed the spike into the circuit board overloading it instantly. The building went dark all power was cut, but it'll only be for a limited time. Once the circuit rebooted the backup power would return. He'd have a total of thirty minutes to work with. NVG would be the essential part of the mission and one of Slayn's favorite as he switched his helmet's built in goggles to night vision mode. Cautiously opening the door and checking for hostile targets .

"Hey, Zim who turned out the lights?"

Slayn took aim at his first target and fired his Blaster rifle, but instead of firing a blaster bolt it fired a tranquilizer dart. The sedative-hypnotic put the target down hard and fast. He continued his sprint down the hallway making his way to an elevator shaft. He entered and took the elevator to the top floor were he'd find the man he was looking for.

"Mr. Jygar...I have been sent to kill you,"

"I know...I've always known. I've been waiting for this day to come,"

"Listen Mr. Jygar I don't believe in spilling innocent blood you must leave. Take your sons and never look back,"

"Ha! do you think I'm just going to give this all up? You'll have to kill me first,"

Slayn Raised his rifle and shot a tranquilizer at the man knocking him out. 'What a fool' thought Slayn.

The lights flickered its way back on, the power was fully restored. Slayn walked over to the motionless body of Jygar Hussen one of the most powerful men in the trading industry. He placed the millionaire in his office chair and waited for him to wake. A few moments later the man awoke to find the six foot one inch bounty hunter standing in front with his arms crossed. Jygar struggled in his attempt to escape from his seat. Falling over he realized he couldn't escape his fate it was almost certain. Would he die here today without ever telling his kids he loved them. Regret began to ravage his mind there were still a great deal of things that had to be done.

"What do you want?" the man began to plea. Just then Jygar's son walked through the doors.

"Dad whats with th--e lig--hts?" his son looking on in shock to see his father lying tied up on the floor.

"Fyre go back to your room now!"

A large explosion went off that shook the entire building, following that the alarm went off, and the sounds of blaster fire could be heard coming from downstairs. Damn they know. some how Martyr knew he wouldn't kill Jygar so he must have sent his goons to do the job for him.

He quickly made his way over to the millionaire freeing him. "Follow me,"

"Now wait a minute why should I follow you? you came here to kill me,"

Rolling his eyes. "If i came here to kill you you'd be dead already trust me," Two men came rushing through the door. Slayn raised his Blaster pistol and tapped the trigger letting out a three round burst, then quickly shifting to the next target and tapping the trigger once again letting out another three round burst hitting each in the chest, and both dropping like rag dolls. The sounds of the blaster fire was getting more intense and louder with every passing second. That meant it was time to move. Slayn signaled for them to follow him, leading them down the long corridor to a stair case. The door was completely blown off its hinges and bodies lay around the area as if it was a battlefield. He entered the stairwell cautiously aiming his weapon, no targets in sight he continued moving down the stairs with Jygar and his boy following close behind. Reaching the ground level Slayn slowly made his way out of the stairwell swaying his pistol from left to right. Looking for any signs of movement in the suddenly quiet environment. Looking back at Jygar and giving him the okay to come out they kept moving.

Time seemed to slow down as a blaster bolt flew past Slayn's helmet hitting Jygar's son in the chest ripping it open. From the looks of the wound he'd say it have to be a powerful sniper rifle. Then a second blaster bolt whirled by hitting the now grieving millionaire in the head, completely obliterating his skull. Slayn moved quickly as another zipped by his helmet barely missing. 'Damn that one almost took my head off cleanly' he thought. He dove into another hallway so that the sniper couldn't get a clear shot on him. The hallway he was in was a dead end it appeared to be over checkmate. If he were to be ambushed there he'd make his last stand. Taking out his thermal grenades he threw one at the wall hoping it would be enough damage for an escape attempt.

Amazingly enough it made enough damage to make a small hole in the wall. Now was his chance dashing toward the hole as to armed men circled around the corner immediately firing their weapons. Slayn dove for the hole, but he was hit in the leg doing minimal damage. He rolled to his feet and kept on running now through the back allies. He didn't notice he'd been hit due to the adrenaline pumping through his veins.

Taking the invitation to talk at a more private table, Minna would otherwise waste no time in getting to the point of why she was there. "I will get right to it, Chief told me to look for you. I was ordered to procure your services specifically, and was also told to give you this." Minna would take out the credit chip that she was given and slide it along the table toward Avalia. If Avalia would accept it or not was of little consequence to Minna as she figured the deal was already made between the Chief and Avalia and it was merely Minna's role to act as something of a "middle man" to deliver the payment for services to be rendered.

At this point Minna would make sure to keep her voice down so that wandering souls would not easily pick up on what she was saying. "The long and short of it is this. I.. no.. we are to investigate the details of a trader on Commaf being murdered. The name of the suspect is unknown, but the victim was Jygar Hussen. I know little about Commaf, but from what I have read he is one of the most rich and powerful traders on the planet.

Ideally, we want to take him in alive. Though something tells me that this is not a simple mission for capturing the bad guy. I think that is why Chief sent me to you. The murder of someone that powerful on a planet seems to have far more complications than not."

At this point Minna would put her intel out onto the table but she would not open it. Not here where other random people could end up learning about confidential information. It was more to show that Minna was at least prepared and when Avalia accepted they would hopefully just get onto a ship and head off for Commaf. At that point Minna and Avalia likely would be able to go over what information Minna had provided for them to begin the hunt as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom